Full Contact Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

iBlaze²
Community User Level: 3

Re: Full Contact Championship

Post by iBlaze² » Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 am

Tijny wrote:Whip, let me just say that even though I never would have made the same call, I somehow understand the decision not to let iBlaze play because this scenario was not considered in the rules and running a cup like that is difficult enough as it is.

That being said, it would be to your credit if you just said "ok, I made a bad call, sorry Blazee" instead of trying to come up with all sorts of ill-founded arguments to defend your decision. This happened, there's no undoing it, but at least we can use this experience to make sure a similar scenario doesn't happen again in the coming weeks.

(sorry for double post)
On a similar note, I am happy to finish this disagreement and move on from this Whip if you stop trying to tell me crap. I do appreciate how hard it is to organise and run a cup as I have been there myself and made some pretty terrible calls too, so I get that. But at the same time, you have to understand my frustration at not being allowed to participate in a cup I was looking forward to so much over something so stupid and so small and then sit here and read your posts that make no sense.

I do think that you have made some bad calls in this so far, but I also know that your decision-making will only improve with experience, so let's finish this now and move onto the next one?

With that in mind, my feedback from what I did see last night:

- The group stages were too long imo. Since they count for nothing but to qualify for the divisions, I think these should be reduced to 6 races per group. This would also help with the overall length of the cup and mean less players having/choosing to leave.

- Number of players from Div 2 who qualify for Div 1 should be modified. As mentioned above, it would be better to say that the top 6 are "guaranteed" a place, whilst any spaces left by people who don't show up can go to the next people from Div 2 in order of finishing position. This wouldn't be too hard to organise, you just ask "is [player 7] a spec?". If yes, they join, if no, you move onto player 8 and 9 and so on until all 20 spaces are full.

- Points should be given out for the Division cups only. Although this worked in my favour last night, I still have no idea how I could score 21 points for a cup I took no part in. There's no sense to reward people for not playing the main event. Having said that, if you fill up the empty slots with people from Div 2 as suggested above, this would take care of itself since the person who finishes 20th will get the points and not the person who qualified and never showed.

Positives:

- My situation aside, I thought the organisation was quite good. Very clear instructions in the server and most people knew what they were doing and when it was time to come/go.

- Muting for the organisation stage worked well, un-muting for the actual cup was great. This practice should stay.

- Good mix of tracks between chaos, crossovers and carnage (which I must admit are the ones I prefer :twisted: ) and the more normal tracks where skill comes into play. Getting caught in a trap on a T_otal Ass track is as much of what Full Contact is about as pwning somebody hard into a hairpin and sending them all the way to the punaball arena is.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Mon May 25, 2015 10:53 am

Ah you already posted lol.
Whiplash wrote:Anyway, Blazee, 'll not delete you from the list cause I'm expecting you to join next time again and play.
This is true. I'll be there.

Alex Novo
Community User Level: 1

Post by Alex Novo » Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 am

Whiplash wrote: That was the Division 2 cup - you amateur. :evil:
And why they played with us on Div 1 then?

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 25, 2015 11:16 am

iBlaze² wrote:- The group stages were too long imo. Since they count for nothing but to qualify for the divisions, I think these should be reduced to 6 races per group. This would also help with the overall length of the cup and mean less players having/choosing to leave.
As I said before, I'll try to run 2 servers next time for qualifications trough groups. That's probably better than reducing number of races, cause 12 races somehow gives more clear image of players' strength. Setting 6 races would make cups too much random.
iBlaze² wrote:- Number of players from Div 2 who qualify for Div 1 should be modified. As mentioned above, it would be better to say that the top 6 are "guaranteed" a place, whilst any spaces left by people who don't show up can go to the next people from Div 2 in order of finishing position. This wouldn't be too hard to organise, you just ask "is [player 7] a spec?". If yes, they join, if no, you move onto player 8 and 9 and so on until all 20 spaces are full.
Yeah, that will be done.
iBlaze² wrote:- Points should be given out for the Division cups only. Although this worked in my favour last night, I still have no idea how I could score 21 points for a cup I took no part in. There's no sense to reward people for not playing the main event.
I've considered you as being last in that cup, which is more suitable than giving you 0 pts. It would be more weird to see non-qualified Division 2 players getting more points than you. Cause you've already beaten them in groups and qualified to Division 1.
Alex Novo wrote:
Whiplash wrote: That was the Division 2 cup - you amateur. :evil:
And why they played with us on Div 1 then?
Cause that's the rule. :P Division 2 cup is another chance for all those amateurs who cried in groups - to qualify in Division 1. So, all players have 2 chances to play Division 1 (one from groups and another from Division 2). :wink:

P.S.
I'll try to make server-side tsr. video packs for each cup. Somebody could use them later and create a great YouTube video. There was so many great moves last night already. :twisted:

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 am

I wanted to participate but didn't know it would take so long because I had other plans too. U should make groups much shorter or maybe start earlier?

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 am

Why two different servers? I wanna see my teammates supporting them during groups. :( Six races for each group should be perfect.

Ps: To be honest, I still don't get why there were too many posts 'bout this Cup. In my opinion it was organized very well and if iBlaze² had understood perfectly the rules, nothin' personal dude, he would have realized that the 2nd Division Cup is only a second chance to reach the Mayhem in 1st Division. So there were no reasons to let him play there. I'm sorry that he didn't show up for 1st Division, but the second one had nothing to do with iBlaze². For example, if I'm in Group B, why should I play in Group A too? No-sense.

Ah, you get those points because you reached the Mayhem. So, even if you haven't played, you have the "necessity" to have more points than the drivers that didn't reach 1st Division in their two chances.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:if iBlaze² had understood perfectly the rules, nothin' personal dude, he would have realized that the 2nd Division Cup is only a second chance to reach the Mayhem in 1st Division. So there were no reasons to let him play there. I'm sorry that he didn't show up for 1st Division, but the second one had nothing to do with iBlaze². For example, if I'm in Group B, why should I play in Group A too? No-sense.
Wrong. Nowhere in the rules did it say (or does it even say now) that you get the 20th place points just for qualifying for Division 1. See below:
Whiplash wrote:All the championship points will be given to players after the each event according to positions they achieved in it. This is the whole system:
50 45 42 40 38 36 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
So the DIVISION 1 players would get points like this:
50 45 42 40 38 36 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21
And the DIVISION 2 non-qualifiers would get points like this starting from the first non-qualifier:
20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
In particular, see the words "after the each event according to positions they achieved in it". If I never participated in the event, it is reasonable to assume that I would get 0 points. I never "achieved" 20th place as I wasn't there. I therefore felt it was better to compete in Division 2 and at least score somewhere between 20-12 points than none at all and let somebody else take my place in Division 1 rather than leave a wasted place that one of you guys could have filled.

This idea of giving me points just for qualifying was not mentioned anywhere at the time and has only come about after the event, so looking at the points system as it is defined above means your quote below:
Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:2nd Division Cup is only a second chance to reach the Mayhem in 1st Division
is completely wrong. Division 2 is actually the first chance to score points. (Or apparently not, as we have now found out.)

It's very easy to understand things after they have already happened. If it was written somewhere that I would get the 20th place points just for qualifying then I would have known there was no need to race in Division 2 and would never have even suggested it. But as you can see, it wasn't.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 pm

iBlaze² wrote:
Whiplash wrote:All the championship points will be given to players after the each event according to positions they achieved in it. This is the whole system:
50 45 42 40 38 36 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
So the DIVISION 1 players would get points like this:
50 45 42 40 38 36 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21
And the DIVISION 2 non-qualifiers would get points like this starting from the first non-qualifier:
20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
In particular, see the words "after the each event according to positions they achieved in it". If I never participated in the event...
You've participated in event, and you've got your points - just as all the others participants. Seems clear.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Mon May 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Whiplash wrote:You've participated in event, and you've got your points - just as all the others participants. Seems clear.
Of course it's clear now that it's happened lol. It wasn't clear at the time and I still think it would've been better for me to just play in Division 2, take whatever points I achieve there and give somebody else (looks like it would've been laf) the opportunity to score higher points for actually playing in Division 1, rather than give those points to me for not playing. Seems crazy. I'm obviously grateful for that being the case, but anyway. We're never going to agree on this so let's move on.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue May 26, 2015 12:40 pm

First post updated. Now you can download all the videos of Cup 1 races in a server's quality. :wink:
Cup 1

szymek66
Community User Level: 2

Post by szymek66 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Sign me in

power79

Post by power79 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Whiplash wrote:First post updated. Now you can download all the videos of Cup 1 races in a server's quality. :wink:
Cup 1
"Account suspended

Account for domain xtreame-team.game.ba has been suspended"

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:55 pm

power79 wrote:
Whiplash wrote:First post updated. Now you can download all the videos of Cup 1 races in a server's quality. :wink:
Cup 1
"Account suspended

Account for domain xtreame-team.game.ba has been suspended"
Same issue here

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:33 am

Account for domain xtreame-team.game.ba has been suspended

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Thu May 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Message for Whiplash: If the second race is confirmed on Sunday May 31th at 21 CET most of the Shitalians (except for two or three maybe) won't participate

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu May 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Fuuuck, guys! Stupid provider fucked up Internet connection totally. I'll try to get it back until Friday, but there is a really good chance that I'll have to postpone the next FCC. Grrr! Seems somebody forgot to pay his bills. :p
I wish T could run the next event instead of me. But, I guess it would be to much work for him to do, since all of the sources need to be updated and changed.
Anyway, I'll give you the final info about my status on Friday.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Thu May 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Whiplash wrote:Fuuuck, guys! Stupid provider fucked up Internet connection totally. I'll try to get it back until Friday, but there is a really good chance that I'll have to postpone the next FCC. Grrr! Seems somebody forgot to pay his bills. :p
I wish T could run the next event instead of me. But, I guess it would be to much work for him to do, since all of the sources need to be updated and changed.
Anyway, I'll give you the final info about my status on Friday.
Hi Whip, if you're thinking about re-scheduling then I should also point out that next Sunday is the Canadian GP at 20:00 CET so I guess a lot of people will want to watch that too. So it might be better for this week and next week to be on different days? But let's see.. it might only be me who watches F1 :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Rescheduling will not be a problem if that's the case. But first we need to see what to do about the next event.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri May 29, 2015 2:48 pm

I confirm that I'll not be available to organize FCC event for this Sunday. We should plan it for Wednesday maybe. Please, inform as many members as you can.

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri May 29, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm not available from Wed 3rd to Sun 7th at least so if it's on Wednesday, I'm going to miss two consecutive cups if the next one is on Sunday.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri May 29, 2015 4:38 pm

What about Monday or Tuesday then?

Matic

Post by Matic » Fri May 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Whippe last race videos ?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat May 30, 2015 9:46 am

Matic wrote:Whippe last race videos ?
Can't you read the above posts? All videos will be available on Monday probably, together with ranking site.

Azev

Post by Azev » Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Whiplash wrote:What about Monday or Tuesday then?
Tuesday seems good! I can't be present on Wednesday...

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun May 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Whiplash wrote:What about Monday or Tuesday then?
Both are fine for me.