Full Contact Championship #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kid Masters
Community User Level: 1

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

Post by Kid Masters » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm

T's image has make me crying for too much laugh.

But what about a simple teams cup? Teams are estabilished and then we play... Maybe with the fcc format but for teams...

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Results are updated, videos are uploaded. Best 4 results are counted for now to have a better preview of all players' amount of relevant points. Report any problem.

P.S.
All the amateurs, to respect all I'm doing, you should simply show up on time. I can't change rules during the event.
The worst thing is that you all insisted to have the event one hour earlier.
Congrats to T, btw. Lucky as hell. :P

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:54 am

No Carlos Sainz Jr = No Fun. Just admit that!

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:24 am

I couldn't show up in time yesterday, and i think it will be the same next sunday :x

Azev
Community User Level: 2

Post by Azev » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Race 9/12 - 6th place
Race 12/12 18th place

I really need to learn to aviod the mayhem and all those rapists!!!
Most of the races I was last after the first corner :?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Azev wrote:Most of the races I was last after the first corner :?
That's how I felt too (and probably others), but obviously we cannot both be right! All in all, it was a pretty chaotic cup with lots of crazy tracks, which increased the luck factor even more. When the cup finished I wasn't sure how I won because I felt like I was scoring horrible results, but now that I look at it I only finished outside the top 10 twice, which isn't so bad.

Quite clearly, with the reverse cup starting order, it's crucial to perform well in the later stages of the cup. Hejman was 13th with 2 races to go and he made the podium in the end. :shock:

max tre

Post by max tre » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:I couldn't show up in time yesterday, and i think it will be the same next sunday :x
The amateurish team of Milano will play at 15:00 CET.
The Sunday evening match is Rubentus-Fiorentina, watching the first half will be enough since the half time result is gonna be 3-0. Image

Hejman

Post by Hejman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Tijny wrote:
Azev wrote:Most of the races I was last after the first corner :?
That's how I felt too (and probably others), but obviously we cannot both be right! All in all, it was a pretty chaotic cup with lots of crazy tracks, which increased the luck factor even more. When the cup finished I wasn't sure how I won because I felt like I was scoring horrible results, but now that I look at it I only finished outside the top 10 twice, which isn't so bad.

Quite clearly, with the reverse cup starting order, it's crucial to perform well in the later stages of the cup. Hejman was 13th with 2 races to go and he made the podium in the end. :shock:
This shows how the cup was balanced. The same situation was in cup 1 where 5 people ended on second place. Btw i remember your words Tijny "Luck is skill " 8)
max tre wrote:
Enrico Papi wrote:I couldn't show up in time yesterday, and i think it will be the same next sunday :x

The Sunday evening match is Rubentus-Fiorentina, watching the first half will be enough since the half time result is gonna be 3-0. Image
Cmmon Marquez Tree ( You know why "Tree" ). You are so weak in TS as national San Marino team in football. 68 points in 5 cups, thats gives you 27,8 average position in each cup ! Faster Faster ! :) No more trees .

Cmmon TDi

Congratulations for Tijny and Bruno !
Last edited by Hejman on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max tre

Post by max tre » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Hejman wrote:
max tre wrote:

Cmmon Marquez Tree ( You know why "Tree" ). You are so weak in TS as national San Marino team in football. 68 points in 5 cups, thats gives you 27,8 average position in each cup ! Faster Faster ! :) No more trees .
I was competing for a totally different title, the "Woodsman" one, but Kid's launch got me in trouble because of the style points. I'll have to settle for the "Wooden Spoon" instead. :(

Azev

Post by Azev » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Hejman wrote:
This shows how the cup was balanced. The same situation was in cup 1 where 5 people ended in second place.
And thats awesome! :D

I have to lose the fear of the first corner! :mrgreen:

Sig

Post by Sig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:34 pm

As some have already spoken here, this was the most chaotic cup so far. For me it was even a little worse because I had lag in most of them (disconnect and teleporting cars), some came in last because it also did not want to disturb others. I was nervous and ended up almost abandoning the cup, but thought the league as a whole and still managed to regain some of 19 place to 7 place, was not so bad because of everything that happened. In the case of Oompa, I believe it was more bad luck, losing checkpoints. And lucky me I still have an advantage for the last cup, needing to get up at 7 place to take the FCC # 2 without depending on other results. Congratulations to the first 3 placed this cup! I hope the next cup less crazy tracks and no lag! Amen!
Sig, since 2006.

Feoli7

Post by Feoli7 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:49 am

Whiplash wrote:Results are updated, videos are uploaded. Best 4 results are counted for now to have a better preview of all players' amount of relevant points. Report any problem.

P.S.
All the amateurs, to respect all I'm doing, you should simply show up on time. I can't change rules during the event.
The worst thing is that you all insisted to have the event one hour earlier.
Congrats to T, btw. Lucky as hell. :P
One player can potentially play maximum 3 and minimum 2 of them. Each player has 2 chances to qualify to Division 1: the first one is directly trough his group, and the second one is trough the Division 2 cup (played by losers of groups A and B).
I did not participated in the GA or GB, but you do not respect the rules, banned me, but allowed other 3 or more players who also were not in GA or GB participate.
I do not understand your attitude.
:?:
FEOLI 7 IS COMING ...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 am

Feoli7 wrote:I did not participated in the GA or GB, but you do not respect the rules, banned me, but allowed other 3 or more players who also were not in GA or GB participate.
I do not understand your attitude.
Well, I didn't ban you. It was probably T or Jurgie. But that doesn't matter.
True, it would be better if we kicked you all out. But the main goal was to let Robin in. And you were the first one who is recognized as an illegal player.

And you all deserved to be banned just because you've all tried to stay on the server even I've been asking many times: "Who's illegally on the server?" And you were all pretending you were legal players. So, don't cry and next time show up in time.

Azev

Post by Azev » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:30 pm

That signature with "FEOLI IS COMMING" it's just too creepy... Can you change it Feoli? Please?

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 pm

max tre wrote:
Meu carro teleporta

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Whiplash wrote:Well, I didn't ban you. It was probably T or Jurgie. But that doesn't matter.
stop... did nothing... wtf man....

Will

Post by Will » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Yeah, last cup was particularly crazy, i was 4th or 5th before the last race and ended up 12th. I'm not complaining and i think the game has a good balance between skill and luck because the good drivers almost always end on top. What i noticed was that in the last cup, particularly the first half, we had lots on crossing tracks. On those, luck will be a big,big factor, particularly with 20 very aggressive drivers. But i'll say this again, the game seems to have a good balance.

kikiriki

Post by kikiriki » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Whippe can you add me for the last race? Also, would be awesome if you could send me an email when fcc#3 is held, or if i could subscribe somewhere to be notified.

Will

Post by Will » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:42 am

kikiriki wrote:Whippe can you add me for the last race? Also, would be awesome if you could send me an email when fcc#3 is held, or if i could subscribe somewhere to be notified.
Where have you been Kiki?
Speaking of that, I have the same problem since i almost missed FCC2 because i didn't knew it would happen and a reliable notification system would be good -and i know that it was showing up in the game itself, but guess what, i'm so used to see that yellow text between races that i don't read it anymore. I don't know if the facebook group is used for those things but since facebook only shows what it wants, it's not reliable.

Maybe an email subscription would be good, it could be used to bring players back when they leave for a while and 'forget' about the game, or to show up championship results after a cup or whatever. And of course, to invite/link to this forum. I think it would be a good idea. I could even help setting it up since my work is related with that. What do you guys think?

Sig

Post by Sig » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 am

Will wrote:
kikiriki wrote:Whippe can you add me for the last race? Also, would be awesome if you could send me an email when fcc#3 is held, or if i could subscribe somewhere to be notified.
Where have you been Kiki?
Speaking of that, I have the same problem since i almost missed FCC2 because i didn't knew it would happen and a reliable notification system would be good -and i know that it was showing up in the game itself, but guess what, i'm so used to see that yellow text between races that i don't read it anymore. I don't know if the facebook group is used for those things but since facebook only shows what it wants, it's not reliable.

Maybe an email subscription would be good, it could be used to bring players back when they leave for a while and 'forget' about the game, or to show up championship results after a cup or whatever. And of course, to invite/link to this forum. I think it would be a good idea. I could even help setting it up since my work is related with that. What do you guys think?
is a great idea, I agree.
Sig, since 2006.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Sure, I can add you to the list for the next event. But I'm not sure when and if the FCC will be played again. It's all in Tijny's hands.
Will wrote:...I could even help setting it up since my work is related with that. What do you guys think?
What's exactly your work about? And what would you need to implement such thing? Btw, are you familiar with Drupal?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Whiplash wrote:miniature text
It would be a giant pain in the ass to write automation for this thing, and even if I did, I believe the cups would lose much of their merit and become boring after a short time. So let me help you out of the dream: I will do no such thing.

Will

Post by Will » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Whiplash wrote: What's exactly your work about? And what would you need to implement such thing? Btw, are you familiar with Drupal?
We should probably talk about this in another place, but here it goes,
I'm a web developer, focused particularly on applications for radio stations. There are a couple of newsletter management systems out there ready to use, but i was thinking about something less bloated and more tailored to our needs. If we send to much emails, people will start to unsubscribe, so I was thinking about giving the user the chance to get emails based on importance, something like this:

1-Only get the most important emails, like new versions of the game ( :mrgreen: ) or championship announcements.
2-Get all emails, like championship standings, one-day cup announcements or whatever

If a user get's annoyed by the amount of emails he gets, he can choose to only receive the most important ones.
I'll check if we could use something pre-made that does that,otherwise i might do it myself, after all I've been playing for so long that maybe it's time to give something back.
Oh, for me, Drupal is a PIA (pain in the ass).

kikiriki

Post by kikiriki » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Will wrote:Where have you been Kiki?
My cousin and I bought Nintendo 64 for my sister's birthday so we've been playing Mario Kart most evenings :)
Still the best game of all times for me, TS comes a close 2nd :)

max tre

Post by max tre » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:48 am

Will wrote:
Whiplash wrote: What's exactly your work about? And what would you need to implement such thing? Btw, are you familiar with Drupal?
We should probably talk about this in another place, but here it goes,
I'm a web developer, focused particularly on applications for radio stations. There are a couple of newsletter management systems out there ready to use, but i was thinking about something less bloated and more tailored to our needs. If we send to much emails, people will start to unsubscribe, so I was thinking about giving the user the chance to get emails based on importance, something like this:

1-Only get the most important emails, like new versions of the game ( :mrgreen: ) or championship announcements.
2-Get all emails, like championship standings, one-day cup announcements or whatever

If a user get's annoyed by the amount of emails he gets, he can choose to only receive the most important ones.
I'll check if we could use something pre-made that does that,otherwise i might do it myself, after all I've been playing for so long that maybe it's time to give something back.
Oh, for me, Drupal is a PIA (pain in the ass).
Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - Users and groups - Groups - Manage groups - Create new group(s).
People who want email notifications: User Control Panel - Board preferences - Administrators can email me "Yes" + User Control Panel - Usergroups - Edit membership - Join that group.
Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - System - Mass email.

Clearly we should check if our email address is outdated and... people without an account should register here, which is not a bad thing.