It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Full Contact Championship #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fully automating FCC is something I thought about pretty much every time Whiplash bugged me about it, which was a lot, and it's just not feasible for a variety of reasons.

As I remember it, most of the administrative pain happened before the actual cup, getting everyone to play in the "correct" group. If we just let people freely choose which server they play on in the first stage of the cup, that would save trouble for everyone involved.

As for automating the process, the absolute best I can do is gather the results from the qualification stage, and provide a few facilities to display who should be in Division A or B, and also to kick out all illicit players. There would still have to be an administrator to supervise the event, but I think this would be a good enough compromise?

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Tijny wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fully automating FCC is something I thought about pretty much every time Whiplash bugged me about it, which was a lot, and it's just not feasible for a variety of reasons.

As I remember it, most of the administrative pain happened before the actual cup, getting everyone to play in the "correct" group. If we just let people freely choose which server they play on in the first stage of the cup, that would save trouble for everyone involved.

As for automating the process, the absolute best I can do is gather the results from the qualification stage, and provide a few facilities to display who should be in Division A or B, and also to kick out all illicit players. There would still have to be an administrator to supervise the event, but I think this would be a good enough compromise?

Lots of admins around, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I don't think that allowing people to choose the server is good. That would just make things worse, at the start...

Whiplash

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm

You can freely think of changing the competition format. As long as you're getting a fully automatized process, you're on good way. Admin should only be considered to ban nasty players.

We could manually create and update 2 lists of players for 2 servers for each event. But once the time for an event comes, it should all start and run automatically.

Tijny

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Whiplash wrote:We could manually create and update 2 lists of players for 2 servers for each event. But once the time for an event comes, it should all start and run automatically.

Ok....

I clearly stated what I'm willing/able to do in terms of automation and I thought that was very reasonable, but if that's not good enough for you, then just forget it.

Whiplash

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 5:57 pm

You should just have noticed that grouping players isn't the only big problem. There are other ones too:
- handling 2 servers at the same time (it's hard even with 2 admins)
- remembering and handling the 10000000000 of sources while setting up the cups

As an admin, I've actually never enjoyed any of the cups. There is too much pressure and the whole event always last longer than it's planned.

Kooler

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm in!
Koo oo Oooo OOooOoOo ler!!

Hevonen

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 4:14 pm