It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:59 pm


Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Turbo Sliders

  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---------Formula 1 World Championship---------
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

(This topic is used for further competition organizing. This is also the place where you can discuss all about the competition.)

Useful links
Tracks
Car
Full race setup source
Rules and all other info <------- READ ALL THIS CAREFULLY!!!

Time
Race: Sundays, 22:00 GMT)

Subscriptions
Subscription is not needed. You just need to drive qualifications (LVP3 server) and get to top 20 players there. Then just show up on Sunday at the time when race is about to start (show up at least 5 minutes earlier).
NOTICE: Have in mind to keep using one the same player profile during the whole competition (qualifications and races)!
Last edited by Turbo Sliders on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
User avatar

magnam

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm in!
Magnam 19a133f8
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 pm

I'm in too. :P
[x] Whiplash 7abd5852

If you guys have any new ideas or suggestions, just spit them out here. :wink:
The main question is: What time we should drive at? This time the races will probably start totally automatically, so the competition doesn't depend on any admin. And even if it does, this time it's based on one single source, so anyone can start it. :wink:
Offline

power79

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 4:06 am

I try to join if for nothing else then at least to support more competitions.

power79 [id:70626bf8]

Don't know how many races I am able to participate but I give my vote for late starting time. I don't think im going to be very competitive and also predict that fairplay racing with this car will be quite a challenge. :lol:

Is there a reason to only show final qualifying results and not for example daily updates?
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 10:26 am

power79 wrote:...I give my vote for late starting time.

Let's say it's 18:00 and 23:00 (GMT) for now.
power79 wrote:I don't think im going to be very competitive and also predict that fairplay racing with this car will be quite a challenge. :lol:

If I built this car for anything, that's fairplay. :wink:
Video 1
Video 2
I suggest you also to join LVP5 server sometimes and try to meet other drivers there to practice driving in direct battle against them.
power79 wrote:Is there a reason to only show final qualifying results and not for example daily updates?

Well, there actually are some of them:
- First of all, that would cause people to "overwank" them self - we want them to accept their lap time as soon as they're happy with it. I suppose that it will show more "realistically" what their feeling about having a good lap is.
- It's not that easy to check all those videos on a daily basis. And, believe me, I won't do it for my private use either. :wink:
- I feel like keeping it all secret until the Saturday will generate more tension, and be more fun in general. :wink:
Offline

power79

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 9:02 pm

I noticed from fuel settings that idle consumption is 20%. Does it mean that if I keep acceleration key down when i am braking I lose more fuel than if I brake with acceleration key released? I need to know because that is a quite big disadvantage and I need to learn to change my playing style if thats the case. I remember that it used to work like that but I haven't really followed the updates so closely in case it is "fixed".
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 pm

power79 wrote:I noticed from fuel settings that idle consumption is 20%. Does it mean that if I keep acceleration key down when i am braking I lose more fuel than if I brake with acceleration key released? I need to know because that is a quite big disadvantage and I need to learn to change my playing style if thats the case. I remember that it used to work like that but I haven't really followed the updates so closely in case it is "fixed".

Yes, we actually made that difference big intentionally - so that driving style can affect your race more. In different words, that allows a driver to be economic with his fuel if he wants so. :wink: T and I thought about it while the beta version was still in development - and we concluded there is actually nothing to be "fixed" about this - except your driving style. :P
For the others to understand: You will spend less fuel if you don't hold acceleration key all the time. So, while you're braking, try not to hold acceleration key pressed too. This will allow you to be able to start with a bit less fuel maybe. :wink:

Btw, let us know if you get too big difference between 1 and 2 (or even 3) stops. We want to keep them as tight as possible.
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Why so late?
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

dede wrote:Why so late?

Yo man! Well, it doesn't have to be that late. You can suggest any other time you want.
Offline
User avatar

ftroncoso

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm in! :D :mrgreen:

[FTR] ftronic
ID 62393349
Offline
User avatar

magnam

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 12:03 am

actualy to me aswell would suit a bit earlier race time of div 1, maybe 21:00
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 12:30 am

magnam wrote:actualy to me aswell would suit a bit earlier race time of div 1, maybe 21:00

Ok, I changed it to 19:00 and 22:00 GMT.
Offline

power79

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 am

Whiplash wrote:
power79 wrote:I noticed from fuel settings that idle consumption is 20%. Does it mean that if I keep acceleration key down when i am braking I lose more fuel than if I brake with acceleration key released? I need to know because that is a quite big disadvantage and I need to learn to change my playing style if thats the case. I remember that it used to work like that but I haven't really followed the updates so closely in case it is "fixed".

Yes, we actually made that difference big intentionally - so that driving style can affect your race more. In different words, that allows a driver to be economic with his fuel if he wants so. :wink: T and I thought about it while the beta version was still in development - and we concluded there is actually nothing to be "fixed" about this - except your driving style. :P
For the others to understand: You will spend less fuel if you don't hold acceleration key all the time. So, while you're braking, try not to hold acceleration key pressed too. This will allow you to be able to start with a bit less fuel maybe. :wink:

Btw, let us know if you get too big difference between 1 and 2 (or even 3) stops. We want to keep them as tight as possible.
Effect to the car is same in both situation. Only difference is that other uses more fuel for some reason. So its really not different driving style but different playing style. To me saving fuel would be deaccelerating by releasing acceleration key but not using brake. That has different effect to the car and is actually different driving style. But whatever, I just learn to play differently.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm

power79 wrote:To me saving fuel would be deaccelerating by releasing acceleration key but not using brake.

Ah, now I understand your point. This is what I can say on that:
You will save the fuel even if you use brake - since holding the brake doesn't consume the same amount of fuel as holding the acceleration.
I have just tested that (you can do too, if you simply set low tank capacity - 50 instead of 3600). It's probably still over 5 times better to press brake than to press acceleration key. So, there is really no big (maybe no at all) difference between slowing down by brake and slowing down by releasing the throttle.
But if you hold acc and then also brake together with it, the car will continue to spend a lot of fuel, even the car is slowing down to 0.
As conclusion, I think you actually won't gain any advantage by avoiding using the brake, but only if you avoid using the acceleration - as much as you can. And that's the art - driving fast without pressing the acceleration key. :wink:

I guess Ande programmed it so that holding the brake will use the same amount of fuel as moving without any key (by inertia). But they won't be combined together (summarized). So, the formula would be:
- moving (without any key) + braking = moving (without any key)
- braking (going reverse) = moving (without any key)
Offline

power79

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Whiplash wrote:But if you hold acc and then also brake together with it, the car will continue to spend a lot of fuel, even the car is slowing down to 0.

And this is my problem. It might not mean a lot in this competition as fuel probably isn't that big of a factor, but its the principle. I remember kind of getting screwed in one of the Polish Le Mans competitions because I didn't figure out this in time.

Let's take these two ways of driving a corner:
a) We release acceleration and then press brake. Then at the right point we release brake and press acceleration.
b) We press acceleration and then press also brake. Then at the right point we release brake.

These are not art of driving, they are preferences. Whichever controls feel more comfortable to you. And I feel more comfortable driving style (b). They are both practically just as fast. But for some reason style (b) gets punished by spending more fuel(with idle consumption less than 100%). There is no compromise between driving fast and spending fuel. Therefore there is no real tactics involved. You just have to drive style (a) anytime idle consumption is used in race.

As conclusion, I think you actually won't gain any advantage by avoiding using the brake, but only if you avoid using the acceleration - as much as you can. And that's the art - driving fast without pressing the acceleration key. :wink:

Well my thought was that because slowing down without brake takes longer, you also are avoiding acceleration key for longer time/distance --> less fuel spent. But of course you are then driving slower times. Which to me is the point: You compromise speed for lesser fuel consumption. But I haven't tested this so it might not even be practical to do so at least in this competition. Or maybe it doesn't even help in theory, im not sure.

I guess Ande programmed it so that holding the brake will use the same amount of fuel as moving without any key (by inertia). But they won't be combined together (summarized). So, the formula would be:
- moving (without any key) + braking = moving (without any key)
- braking (going reverse) = moving (without any key)

Yeah, idle consumption is used when acceleration key is not pressed. But that forgets the fact that car slows down at excatly same rate with a)brake and b)with acceleration+brake combo. So it should use same amount of fuel in both cases.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 pm

power79 wrote:But that forgets the fact that car slows down at excatly same rate with a)brake and b)with acceleration+brake combo. So it should use same amount of fuel in both cases.

It's not the question how the car slows down, but how the engine works. :P Real car works pretty much closer to case a). You can't hold throttle without spending fuel.

Btw, this all actually gives you some advantage even with F1-Prime car. I remember Mike was losing some precious secs compared to T and dede because of it. :wink: And I don't agree that this all doesn't give you some tactical possibilities, especially if you're an experienced driver. I remember Arjen was also always spending less fuel then me, and he was still able to be competitive.
Better players drive more smoothly - once they release the throttle, they don't press it until it's the perfect moment. The other drivers are making corrections very often while driving trough many curves to compensate the mistake of too early/late(long) braking. This keeps them equally fast, but then they need to visit the pit earlier. :wink: The same logic stays for tyres - if you press left-right too often without real need, of course you'll need to get in pit earlier. It doesn't matter how the car slows down, but how the tyres (grip) work. :wink:
Offline

uastino123

  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 9:14 pm

im new and i'd like to join... but i dont understand pretty much anything about how to play. do you have a guide or something?
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 9:21 pm

uastino123 wrote:im new and i'd like to join... but i dont understand pretty much anything about how to play. do you have a guide or something?

Sure, It's all explained in the first post up there. Just read it all carefully. :wink:

EDIT: And you can always go Homepage/Tournaments. I added Calendar there few minutes ago.
Offline

fuduncio

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 8:56 pm

I'd like to race. ;-)

Fuduncio - 307f707f
Offline

Revaa

  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 2:12 am

i want to join the tournament
where can i get the AI for this track? i want to practice with it..
Ready to play
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 3:41 am

Revaa wrote:i want to join the tournament
where can i get the AI for this track? i want to practice with it..

Ah, first of all, welcome to the community :wink: . You need to know that AI players are not able to visit the pit yet (we expect that feature to be implemented in some new version of the game), so they can't be very useful to you. But if you still want to have them, then you need to create them by yourself. There is a folder named 'doc' in your game folder - open .txt file related to AIs there and read all about it. In case you need some more help, just ask. :wink:
Anyway, instead of losing time on creating AIs, I suggest you to prepare your strategy by playing alone. And join LVP5 server to meet some real players there sometimes - so you can see how it feels to drive against someone.

Also, to subscribe, I will need your exact in-game nick and profile ID. Read in the first post how to do it.
Offline
User avatar

pablinho15

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:41 pm
  • Location: Tigre,Buenos Aires,Argentina

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 4:48 am

Hello

Im in! :wink:

[ARG] Pablinho
Offline

Revaa

  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 6:24 am

Whiplash wrote:
Revaa wrote:i want to join the tournament
where can i get the AI for this track? i want to practice with it..

Ah, first of all, welcome to the community :wink: . You need to know that AI players are not able to visit the pit yet (we expect that feature to be implemented in some new version of the game), so they can't be very useful to you. But if you still want to have them, then you need to create them by yourself. There is a folder named 'doc' in your game folder - open .txt file related to AIs there and read all about it. In case you need some more help, just ask. :wink:
Anyway, instead of losing time on creating AIs, I suggest you to prepare your strategy by playing alone. And join LVP5 server to meet some real players there sometimes - so you can see how it feels to drive against someone.

Also, to subscribe, I will need your exact in-game nick and profile ID. Read in the first post how to do it.


i already practice my self in some circuits..
i just want to know if my time is competitive enough for this tournament
Ready to play
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 1:02 pm

pablinho15 wrote:Im in! :wink:
[ARG] Pablinho

Man, read the first post up there - I also need your ID code. :wink: And, welcome back!

Revaa wrote:i already practice my self in some circuits..
i just want to know if my time is competitive enough for this tournament

Don't worry about your skill that much, because you'll improve by the time. :wink: If you want to get idea what track records are, you can join LVP5 server and on the bottom of the screen you will see what they are for each track. If you're getting your laps under 2 seconds slower, that's already a good result for a newcomer, especially if you can keep them constant.
Offline
User avatar

Will

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Why the hell not...
\/\/||_|_
78dd1f29
Next

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron