Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

power79
Community User Level: 3

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by power79 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Alexander Wurz wrote: -Lap2 Power hits me twice in last U turn. Well that was a strange turn pow ahah Fortunately he was aware of his mistake and asked forgiveness just after the race.
Yeah, I watched that many times even in slow motion. I drove the most outside lane there and suddenly you were in front of me and I couldn't avoid contact. That felt really light contact but it still pushed you outside. That second hit was more bizarre. Maybe somekind of blackout or panic attack. :lol: Just couldn't get my car to turn. I don't have the best reflexes. :oops:

I had a feeling that I should drive in division 2 as I hadn't done any race practice but suprisingly I got 16th place in qualifying so decided to come anyway. This week div 2 looks more probable.

Oh, and I hated that middle section. probably lost 0.5 seconds/lap to everyone on it.

Will
Community User Level: 1

Post by Will » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Oompa wrote:Zev, you give up too soon :( Don't let ghosts get in your way. Try to hunt them down,
"like the buffalo before it vanished from the plains."
At night Azev comes. During the day, Azev comes. The postman brings packets of Azev. They are full of torment and anger, disguised as emptiness. Poor Zev :( x

ftroncoso

Post by ftroncoso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Pinilla must be banned forever. Affected many drivers race. Including mine, bumped my car intentionally as a lapped car, AFTER overtaken. Ridiculous.

Badeend

Post by Badeend » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Stats of the divison 2 race: http://lvp-ts.com/races/detail/3601/

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Races won in this tournament by Papi: 1
Races won by all other shitalians combined in this tournament: 0

All hail king Papi! :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :| :| 8) 8)

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

ftroncoso wrote:Pinilla must be banned forever. Affected many drivers race. Including mine, bumped my car intentionally as a lapped car, AFTER overtaken. Ridiculous.
I followed most of his race. He give a way to all players when he was lapped, but he acted weirdly in your case. I guess he tried to stick close to you in order to get in some better rhythm. Poltrins also smacked somebody ones. It looked like intentional, but I guess he's just not experienced enough.
Pinilla is suspicious only because he's also one of those Shitalians who are linked together via Teamspeak. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some team orders. :wink: But, you could see that he let you pass him nicely at first, so he was probably just not careful enough after that.
Kid Masters was also driving very badly in first curves. That cost him the win maybe.

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Team orders? No it's not the case and it's never been.

He is a bit unexperienced and the more the race progressed, the more his concentration started to stumble. When he hit ftronic it was completely unintentional, he just lacked of attention for a moment.

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:23 pm

I take advantage to say that I think the community should move to Teamspeak in order to have some fun together and, why not, grow up a bit :D

power79

Post by power79 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:Races won in this tournament by Papi: 1
Races won by all other shitalians combined in this tournament: 0

All hail king Papi! :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :| :| 8) 8)
mocc a mammt

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm

Wokinger wrote:
Alexander Wurz wrote:-Lap16 that was quite hard to judge. Wokinger and I are side by side in last turn. I try to race my lane turning right but Wokinger kinda pushes me a bit outside by proceeding straight. Don't know who is to blame.
IMO, I was inside and you turn too early and there was contact. You'd better stay outside and force me to leave you space outside on corner exit.

Yes. That's the other side of the coin. Probably i should have waited for you to do your lane and then race mine.

ftroncoso

Post by ftroncoso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:Team orders? No it's not the case and it's never been.

He is a bit unexperienced and the more the race progressed, the more his concentration started to stumble. When he hit ftronic it was completely unintentional, he just lacked of attention for a moment.
Now it is clear. Clear team orders. Whip, another evidence: Look how Papi celebrated right after mute was off."OMG!!! \o/". This is my celebration pattern and I used that last week (recording is available). How do you explain that, Papi?

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 pm

ftroncoso wrote:
Enrico Papi wrote:Team orders? No it's not the case and it's never been.

Now it is clear. Clear team orders. Whip, another evidence: Look how Papi celebrated right after mute was off."OMG!!! \o/". This is my celebration pattern and I used that last week (recording is available). How do you explain that, Papi?
STFU

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am

Are you serious ftronic? WTF?

Clear team orders? Can you explain me why? I was first and you were way behind me, who cares about you honestly. Damn, he even understood his killer move and let you overtake him immediately!

I copied your trademark celebration cause I saw the race last week and I find it funny, I had in mind to use it, that's it.,

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 am

Everyone who tries to stand in our path to success...BEWARE! SHITALIAN MAFIA IS COMING TO GET YOU WITH TEAM ORDERS!! Do what we tell you to do or we tell Pinilla and Poltrins to hurt you during races!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 am

ftroncoso wrote:Now it is clear. Clear team orders. Whip, another evidence: Look how Papi celebrated right after mute was off."OMG!!! \o/". This is my celebration pattern and I used that last week (recording is available). How do you explain that, Papi?
You are quite bad at playing detective.

Maybe next time, try to make your case without coming up with silly conspiracy theories or asking to get someone banned forever. That's really not for you to decide.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:41 am

Well, I can understand ftronic's frustration, because I've seen that accident in-live. But, let's give Pinilla one last chance.
Btw, ftronic's race was mostly decided by his own accident in first lap.

ftroncoso

Post by ftroncoso » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:33 am

Enrico Papi wrote:Are you serious ftronic? WTF?

Clear team orders? Can you explain me why? I was first and you were way behind me, who cares about you honestly. Damn, he even understood his killer move and let you overtake him immediately!

I copied your trademark celebration cause I saw the race last week and I find it funny, I had in mind to use it, that's it.,
Wow, that happened last week, it was a text posted only once (and got lost amongst the post-race chat) and it stayed in your mind the whole week until today in your brightest moment?

I feel honored... :D

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 am

Yes!!!!! \o/

And I had my brightest moments in Full Contact, I suck at F1 (still better than Badoer though)

Azev
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Azev » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Oompa wrote:Zev, you give up too soon :( Don't let ghosts get in your way. Try to hunt them down,

"like the buffalo before it vanished from the plains."

No! See? This is what I mean! Don't give in to melancholy Azev! Don't spill your coffee like the water

"that drained away from the dying trees in the"

.... WTF STOP IT!

"You will know nothing but pain.
You will suffer from loss of grip."

NO PLEASE AZEV ENOUGH I CAN'T TAKE ANYM...

"It will be a slow puncture for you, coming to a stop in the sludge from yesterday, worms will climb your legs onward to the nostrils of evil."

Zev, don't sell your children into slavery! I beg you!

"Begging only hurts. I have seen enough hurt to last even their lifetimes. Dust they will become, nameless, shoeless, beggars in the night, forgotten. Now, speak no more, you fiend, melt away like you always do, cowardice untoppeth."

At night Azev comes. During the day, Azev comes. The postman brings packets of Azev. They are full of torment and anger, disguised as emptiness. Poor Zev :( x
~

"Out of the night that covers him
Slow as the pit from Pole to Pole
Oompa thanks whatever gods may be
For his unconquerable soul"

I hope you're better now, man!

power79

Post by power79 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Top-3 Comparison video:
Katakomba_Top3.tsr

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm

power79 wrote:Top-3 Comparison video:
Katakomba_Top3.tsr
Nice, that was really neck and neck. Mike only just missed his acceleration point in the final turn.

What might also be interesting to see is, what makes it that the top 3's times are practically unreachable for anyone else? Taking Jurgen's 4th place lap as an example, to the untrained eye it looks like a very solid, well-executed lap with no big mistakes, but he's still so far behind that there must be a technical difference beyond just driving precision. I have a pretty good idea what that is, but it would be cool to see it confirmed in a comparison video. (maybe give the slower lap(s) a head start if that's easy to do?)

(f***, I said I wouldn't do any more requests, sorry!)

power79

Post by power79 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Tijny wrote: What might also be interesting to see is, what makes it that the top 3's times are practically unreachable for anyone else? Taking Jurgen's 4th place lap as an example, to the untrained eye it looks like a very solid, well-executed lap with no big mistakes, but he's still so far behind that there must be a technical difference beyond just driving precision. I have a pretty good idea what that is, but it would be cool to see it confirmed in a comparison video. (maybe give the slower lap(s) a head start if that's easy to do?)

(f***, I said I wouldn't do any more requests, sorry!)
I don't have any bugs to fix anymore so I can take some requests as long as they are not too demanding.

Starting point of the video(s) I have to cut manually in Turbo Sliders as you can adjust control messages inside tsr files only with 0.02 second accuracy. I can't figure out how to change the starting point of the video without messing up control message timing.

So the difference between driver's is not completely accurate in these merge videos, but mostly it is the relative difference during lap that counts anyway. And I did give Whiplash And Jurgen some headstart in this video as you requested.
Katakomba_Tijny_Help.tsr

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks a bunch! That demonstrates really clearly that Jurgen is a whole lot later on the throttle than I am. It's particularly apparent in turn 7 and onwards, and shows how much of a difference in exit speed that makes even though I am using less of the track's width than he is. This proves that my technique of being on the throttle really early is not only faster, it's also safer.
[22:10:03] <Biteend> Godlike Jurgen: i accelerate too quickly out of corners
Another interesting thing: after completely messing up the first 5 turns, Whiplash was roughly as fast as I was in the rest of the lap. Seems we have a new contender for the top 3 places!

power79

Post by power79 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:21 am

Updated Top-3 Comparison video:
Katakomba_Top3.tsr
[x] Mike Nike 1:08.015
Tinjowitsu-san 1:08.041
[+] Badeend 1:08.066
I guess it is possible to squeeze under 1:08, but that's a pretty tight pack all the way.

To add more variety (and include myself) here is Positions 4-7 at the moment:
Katakomba_Pos4-7.tsr
TDi_Gol_v8 1:08.513
[x] Whiplash 1:08.581
Godlike Jurgen 1:08.667
power79 1:08.753
I could have included Jormeli(1:08.822) as well but I think 5 car video would be too messy to follow.