Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Here you go, Mike, a challenge for you. This is all I've got, if you can get the pole position now, then hat off to you.

Really nice time by power79 as well, maybe this will allow you to avoid the first lap massacre for once. :mrgreen:

power79
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by power79 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Tijny wrote: Really nice time by power79 as well, maybe this will allow you to avoid the first lap massacre for once. :mrgreen:
That was really wtf moment. I cut through grass like 3 times on that lap.
And I don't think I avoid massacre now that there's even more cars behind me. :shock: I just try not to block everyone who starts faster than me. But we see what my final starting position is. I am not trying to improve anymore and I am sure at least couple of those guys will beat my time. I don't actually even care that much of my position, it is just fun driving this track, much nicer than last week's.

User avatar
Whiplash
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Whiplash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Oh, nice time powy. But being just in front of Bruno doesn't look promising. :)

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 pm

power79 wrote:That was really wtf moment. I cut through grass like 3 times on that lap.
Yep, cutting through the grass isn't necessarily (much) slower -- that is, until we get to the race and tyre wear is on. Mike's previous record lap, 1:08.015 I think it was, also cut through the grass in like 4 places. Which incidentally made me want to beat it a lot more than usual. His 1:07.999 on the other hand looked like a really clean lap, and my 1:07.919 was super clean as well, just going slightly wide in the two slowest parts of the track. Looking forward to the comparison video, I predict that it will be pretty even until the last 2-3 corners where Mike drove a rather shoddy line.

power79
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by power79 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

Another update for Top-3 Comparison video:
Katakomba_Top3.tsr
Tinjowitsu-san 1:07.919
[x] Mike Nike 1:07.999
[+] Badeend 1:08.066


And updated Positions 4-7 with Jurgen's improvement and power79's giant stroke of luck:
Katakomba_Pos4-7.tsr
power79 1:08.471
TDi_Gol_v8 1:08.513
[x] Whiplash 1:08.581
Godlike Jurgen 1:08.588
Man, what a horrible first part for me, but squeezed right past TDi_Gol_v8 at the finishing line.

Remember to use GhostAlphaMode 6(sliders.ini) for best viewing experience.

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am

Interesting, I thought my line through the second-to-last corner was faster than that. I only pipped Mike on the home straight because I had a better approach into the last turn, but Badeend had the best balance of high speed and short distance through that part, gaining significant time on us both.

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:28 pm

A little notice: since most of Europe and other parts of the world switched to daylight savings time today, the race is now at 21:00 GMT. For those affected by DST, which I think will be pretty much all participants, the race will still be at the same time on your local clock as it was before.

User avatar
ftroncoso
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by ftroncoso » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Tijny wrote:A little notice: since most of Europe and other parts of the world switched to daylight savings time today, the race is now at 21:00 GMT. For those affected by DST, which I think will be pretty much all participants, the race will still be at the same time on your local clock as it was before.
There is no reason for also shifting Div2 to GMT 20:00, once it should even be GMT 22:00 as Div1 (which was voted). Can it at least stay at GMT 21? This affects USA and Brazil drivers.

User avatar
Badeend
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:37 pm
Location: Breda, Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Badeend » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Stats of tonight's race: http://lvp-ts.com/races/detail/4145/

power79
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by power79 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:26 am

Race Stats:
Race Stats(Katakomba)

I added damage,tyre and fuel info to fastest lap stat.

Error on start reaction time for Whiplash again. Maybe he taps throttle just before the start or something but somehow he screws my highly non-scientific method of getting the start reaction time.

Damage Report:
Damage Report(Katakomba)

User avatar
Whiplash
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 am

ftroncoso wrote:There is no reason for also shifting Div2 to GMT 20:00, once it should even be GMT 22:00 as Div1 (which was voted). Can it at least stay at GMT 21? This affects USA and Brazil drivers.
The reason is to keep the same local time for most of the drivers, because their time is now changed to summer time. A lot of them would play on midnight (div1) or at 23:00 (div2), which is too late. What's 20:00 GMT for you there?

power79, wtf, fix your tool. My start is again so fast that it can't handle my speed. 8)

About the race:
Pure disaster. :| Sorry to Laf and Silva for those touches in first laps. And Silva, damn, that pit - there was enough room for both of us to drive trough there and that was my plan, but you decided to cut my path. :? But, technically, maybe it was my fault again - hard to say.

I managed to get 10% damage 3 times and after the pit incident there was nothing more to do than just park my car. And, what an amateur I was while getting back to the pit - I repaired my car and still waiting to change my tyres for no reason. :oops:

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 am

Nice race again, love it when races are only decided in the final laps. Hated to hear that Mike got damaged by a lapped car, which made it possible for me to catch him in the end. I just watched that incident and Laf tried to make way, but did so in the stupidest way imaginable. :(

Had a good fight with Badeend as well, he almost kept me behind long enough for Mike to take the win anyway. Damn shame about that pit exit crash, or we could have had a three-way battle near the end. I almost feel bad that I'm winning the races just because I'm lucky enough not to have those sorts of accidents. Or is that a skill as well?

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 am

yep that is a skill aswell i believe ;)

fun race had my eyes on 4th but setteld for 6th in the end getting better finishes :)

first lap i had a bad touch with B which put oompa in the fight this time trying to avoid as much damage as possible and somehow i still managed to crash in my favourite corner #8 falling back to 10th

easily got back to 5th quickly enough and with 31 laps running i see the gap closing between jormeli and myself im catching him!! went in for my 2nd stop and drove off while tyres were only at 95-8% i assume and i was like FFFFFFFFFF
this let a few players back in the game sainz and gol and i crashed once again in corner #8
about 5 laps before the finish i managed to leave gol behind me to secure a 6th finish

disappointed but more experience once again

funny stat facts
fastest pits
fastest sector 1 and 2
most offroad times
top 3 collision-incidents
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

User avatar
Will
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Will » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:30 am

I was a bit worried because the barriers on turn 5 seemed a little loose. so I decided to test their sturdiness with my front wing at full speed. Since life is full of coincidences, Laf decided to also test my rear wing precisely when I was stooped analyzing the results of my 'barrier evaluation'. He didn't seemed pleased with his own test, but mine was a success, the barrier didn't move an inch!

User avatar
FTronc
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by FTronc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 am

Whiplash wrote:
ftroncoso wrote:There is no reason for also shifting Div2 to GMT 20:00, once it should even be GMT 22:00 as Div1 (which was voted). Can it at least stay at GMT 21? This affects USA and Brazil drivers.
The reason is to keep the same local time for most of the drivers, because their time is now changed to summer time. A lot of them would play on midnight (div1) or at 23:00 (div2), which is too late. What's 20:00 GMT for you there?

power79, wtf, fix your tool. My start is again so fast that it can't handle my speed. 8)

About the race:
Pure disaster. :| Sorry to Laf and Silva for those touches in first laps. And Silva, damn, that pit - there was enough room for both of us to drive trough there and that was my plan, but you decided to cut my path. :? But, technically, maybe it was my fault again - hard to say.

I managed to get 10% damage 3 times and after the pit incident there was nothing more to do than just park my car. And, what an amateur I was while getting back to the pit - I repaired my car and still waiting to change my tyres for no reason. :oops:
20:00 GMT would be 4pm in the USA. This is a still a working hour. 21:00 is manageable though.

Kid Masters
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Kid Masters » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 pm

f*** I freakin hate this game. Who the f*** is etmil and why in the hell this jackass took my spot in div 1? And he didnt compete because he cannot set the fuel correctly!! Come on guys it's three damn times in a row that i'm kicked out div 1 as the last non-qualified. I cant believe it. Too much time lost for not being qualified. Now i have again to play div 2 against ftronic and the damn Max Tre and maybe also lose it for some fucker like Pinilla or other amateurs like Poltrins who doesnt know how to drive. If i dont qualify for Div 1 in Sandopolis i will say f*** it and never race again.

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Kid Masters wrote:And he didnt compete because he cannot set the fuel correctly!!
It's even worse than that, he announced he would only do 10 laps... Whip told him that's not fair to those who do want to play, but there's not much time to negotiate in the 2 minutes before the race starts...

Kid Masters
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Kid Masters » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Tijny wrote:
Kid Masters wrote:And he didnt compete because he cannot set the fuel correctly!!
It's even worse than that, he announced he would only do 10 laps... Whip told him that's not fair to those who do want to play, but there's not much time to negotiate in the 2 minutes before the race starts...
I can't believe it. I tried so hard to get qualified for div 1 this time and my spot was token by a player who already knows he can only play for 10 laps? SRSLY????!?!?!?!?!? THIS IS GRATUITICALLY CRUEL AND MAKES NO SENSE.

I know it's a game but i spend my time playin it and see it all in the trash just for a stupid idiot makes me sick.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Kid Masters wrote:f*** f*** is etmil div 1 div 2 never race again.
i agree even though its nice seeing etmil back again when he announced he was only gonna drive 10 laps simply because he was complaining about earlier starting time.
which probably has been voted for or something he should've been out and let someone drive who was prepared to go the distance.

on the other hand you say everyone sucks and they should just let you drive div1 regardless,
then why if your so good you cannot simply qualify for div 1 and stop complaining about wanting into div 1 all together
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Kid Masters
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Kid Masters » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:
Kid Masters wrote:f*** f*** is etmil div 1 div 2 never race again.
i agree even though its nice seeing etmil back again when he announced he was only gonna drive 10 laps simply because he was complaining about earlier starting time.
which probably has been voted for or something he should've been out and let someone drive who was prepared to go the distance.

on the other hand you say everyone sucks and they should just let you drive div1 regardless,
then why if your so good you cannot simply qualify for div 1 and stop complaining about wanting into div 1 all together
Nope, i'm absolutly not good and only Pinilla and Poltrins sucks and i beat them easily.

I'm complaining about the fact that i was so unlucky and i was the first non qualified 3 times in a row. And in every single race there is Jaws who starts to play 20 seconds after all others players and someone who crash and now also etmil who already knows he can play all the race.

Azev
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Azev » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Will wrote:I was a bit worried because the barriers on turn 5 seemed a little loose. so I decided to test their sturdiness with my front wing at full speed. Since life is full of coincidences, Laf decided to also test my rear wing precisely when I was stooped analyzing the results of my 'barrier evaluation'. He didn't seemed pleased with his own test, but mine was a success, the barrier didn't move an inch!
Damn barrier. I got to 9% on the first lap there. :evil:

max tre
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:02 am
Location: Veneto

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by max tre » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Kid Masters wrote:f*** I freakin hate this game. Who the f*** is etmil and why in the hell this jackass took my spot in div 1? And he didnt compete because he cannot set the fuel correctly!! Come on guys it's three damn times in a row that i'm kicked out div 1 as the last non-qualified. I cant believe it. Too much time lost for not being qualified. Now i have again to play div 2 against ftronic and the damn Max Tre and maybe also lose it for some fucker like Pinilla or other amateurs like Poltrins who doesnt know how to drive. If i dont qualify for Div 1 in Sandopolis i will say f*** it and never race again.
[IR]ETMIL P22, KIDMASTERS P23 - piangi (cry)

User avatar
Whiplash
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Bosnia

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Ok, the time is changed for Division 2 races back to 21:00 GMT. So, now both of the races will be driven at 21:00 GMT Sunday and Monday.

Carlos Sainz Jr
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:33 am

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:42 pm

My best race by far. I felt confident in/on/with this track, although I'm not that "Qualifies Cannibal" that helps me to start in most comfortable positions than second half of the grid, right in the middle of the madness. But yeah, somehow I avoided almost all contacts (damn Lag Lag Lag Papi) and I noticed how my race pace was good enough to overtake Silva and control him, Whiplash and Wurwurz behind me without struggling much. Then, after I managed to escape from cars behind me, I met Gol V8 and, a bit later on, Jurgen on my way and I had intense and cool fights against them with all of us racing into similar times (maybe Jurgen a lil better and Bruno a lil worse but still) for 25-30 laps. I could've taken advantage of few Jurgen mistakes to reach an awesome sixth place but pressure played mind tricks against me and I made two stupid mistakes that forced me to arrive 8th.

So, good final position for a Toro Rosso (best personal for the second time), most gained positions from start, not lapped (which is something I'm really proud of :P), best average pitting (as usual, even tho Jurgen almost stole it) and again one of the best in "Pixels Travelled", which I don't know if it is a good thing or not :mrgreen:. Plus almost no contacts at all. Good job Carlosito!


Oh, I have to say that I hope that Magny, Wokinger and Ippon will partecipate to Div.2 tonight together with Kid Masters, Max Trestappen, Astunce and Ftronic. It can really be a good race to watch :wink:
Whiplash wrote:Ok, the time is changed for Division 2 races back to 21:00 GMT. So, now both of the races will be driven at 21:00 GMT Sunday and Monday.
Isn't Div.1 race at 22:00 GMT? I'm confused :roll:

lucabadoer
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by lucabadoer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Azev wrote:
Will wrote:I was a bit worried because the barriers on turn 5 seemed a little loose. so I decided to test their sturdiness with my front wing at full speed. Since life is full of coincidences, Laf decided to also test my rear wing precisely when I was stooped analyzing the results of my 'barrier evaluation'. He didn't seemed pleased with his own test, but mine was a success, the barrier didn't move an inch!
Damn barrier. I got to 9% on the first lap there. :evil:

yes and you got 5% to push me on pit lane :)
there were 100 mt of asphalt but you want that place :roll: :roll:
and why on lap number 8 you were a butcher and you kicked my ass out?
so nice 8) :mrgreen:


Kid Masters wrote:f*** I freakin hate this game. Who the f*** is etmil and why in the hell this jackass took my spot in div 1? And he didnt compete because he cannot set the fuel correctly!! Come on guys it's three damn times in a row that i'm kicked out div 1 as the last non-qualified. I cant believe it. Too much time lost for not being qualified. Now i have again to play div 2 against ftronic and the damn Max Tre and maybe also lose it for some fucker like Pinilla or other amateurs like Poltrins who doesnt know how to drive. If i dont qualify for Div 1 in Sandopolis i will say f*** it and never race again.

you are flooding my home
:he:
Last edited by lucabadoer on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply