Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

Post by Tijny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:Ps: T, I want your dynamic chart of last race :!:
tok

Alexander Wurz
Community User Level: 1

Post by Alexander Wurz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Tried to calculate a FIA point-system ranking after the first 5 races.

ALL results count:

worst result (italic+underlined) DOES NOT count

FTronc

Post by FTronc » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Alexander Wurz wrote:
FTronc wrote: And once Pinilla couldn't make it, he quit the race.

OK, cheataliation was clear and recognized by admins!
It is unbelievable how a Div1 driver can be so scared to articulate those things. Too narrow minded.

And there is more dirty cheataliation that will be proven in the future! More to come about the truth! Just wait... :D

We'll make the game clean!
Pinilla didn't drive to kill you. He could have done that in turn1, don't you think?
It's so unbelievable because it's simply not true. I think you are the narrow minded one who cannot see reality man.
So stop talking all that BS, you are embarassing yourself with these conspiracy theories that really don't have a clue. If I were you I would concentrate on racing because you're always behind us. And that hurts.
Now your attitudes will be always stored and revealed. They are facts, disclosed, visible, not theories. Just look what you did, Mr. Div1: A oh-so-better driver who loses time trying to disturb others. Why? Isn't this intriguing? Isn't this to avoid me to get closer? Am I really the guy not concentrating in just racing? 8)

Cheataliation is revealed and will keep being published! We'll keep TS clean!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm

FTronc wrote:Now your attitudes will be always stored and revealed. They are facts, disclosed, visible, not theories. Just look what you did, Mr. Div1: A oh-so-better driver who loses time trying to disturb others. Why? Isn't this intriguing? Isn't this to avoid me to get closer? Am I really the guy not concentrating in just racing? 8)

Are you trying to sound like a certain loudmouth Mr. President? Because you're doing an excellent job at it.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Ah, nice one Wurz!
Tijny wrote:
tok
Don't you have this in power's stats already? First stats.

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Tijny wrote:
FTronc wrote:Now your attitudes will be always stored and revealed. They are facts, disclosed, visible, not theories. Just look what you did, Mr. Div1: A oh-so-better driver who loses time trying to disturb others. Why? Isn't this intriguing? Isn't this to avoid me to get closer? Am I really the guy not concentrating in just racing? 8)

Are you trying to sound like a certain loudmouth Mr. President? Because you're doing an excellent job at it.
The differences between them are:
-FTronic doesn't like China the way Donald does.
-FTronic doesn't grab by the pussy, he gets grabbed.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Tijny wrote:
tok
this is quite handy Thanks :!: :) to see where things went right or wrong i like analyzing these charts the most hope you can post these in here each race T :)

PS. @whip do you mean final results? (as you can watch lap by lap in this chart what happened in a simplified manner)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Ah, I misunderstood it. I didn't know you're using those stats that way.

power79
Community User Level: 3

Post by power79 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am

Top-3 Comparison video. Bad quality this time as there seems to be couple lags in source videos that causes some funny driving in merged video (for few seconds).
Sandopolis_Top3.tsr
Tinjowitsu-san 1:04.921
[+] Badeend 1:05.025
Godlike Jurgen 1:05.237

I also added experimental stat to the end of race stats (Katakomba):
"Potential Improvement to Race Time using Median Lap Time"

Div1:
Race Stats(Katakomba)

Div2:
Race Stats(Katakomba)_div2

I can remove that stat if you guys don't see it useful. My theory just is that comparing median lap time(Pit laps excluded) to average lap time should give some information about driver's potential as using median lap mostly removes catastrophic laps that average includes. But not sure if it works like that in reality, so waiting for comments.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

@power
i like the idea a lot. Although they might not be total accurate, it would still nicely show a lot of "what woulda been"s. :)
My practice race was 61min01 sec with 7.5sec mistakes due to driving offroad.
With the damaged car, the few offroad driving (2 times due to battling, i think), the lappings, a few safety lines, the crash vs Laf...-7sec might be accurate for me. But the -1.2sec for Tijny dont seem right, alone due to the few laps he cruised behind Badeend.
+4sec for Enrio???

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Of course it's not totally accurate as it only uses one lap time (median) to calculate your racetime (median laptime * (laps-pitlaps) + pitlaps time) = total race time. Enrico Papi's average lap time is ~1:12.4 which is better than his median so that's why it's +5 seconds. So the formula is not trying to find your optimal race time but more variance-free time as if you had driven the same race, but more constantly. And as I said, I am not sure if this theory works, it's just an idea I got.

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:55 pm

I think that being stuck in the traffic or battling against someone for many laps can ruin your race pace and your "median times" either so I don't think it really gives an idea of potential speed tbh, but it's still funny to see who got damaged more :p

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Ok, I won't add that stat to future races. I guess it's too theoretical to have any value. If someone has better ideas for something similar you are free to suggest.

Will

Post by Will » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Hmm... it looks that I'm the one that uses less fuel. What the hell does that mean about my driving? Too much coasting?

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:07 am

power79 wrote:Ok, I won't add that stat to future races. I guess it's too theoretical to have any value. If someone has better ideas for something similar you are free to suggest.
i actually liked this stat yet also have been thinking of ways to make it a bit more accurate yet didnt come up with anything.
perhaps take only the best half of the laps and take the median lap from that would give better results? .

as it stands now i could improve 14 seconds yet having made a horrific pitstop that alone is about 14s i also made about 3-4 crashes not to mention numerous offroad moments so 14 doesnt really come close to what i myself would estimate my own improvement 30-40 seconds would be more in the correct estimate.
Will wrote:Hmm... it looks that I'm the one that uses less fuel. What the hell does that mean about my driving? Too much coasting?
could be because of driving behind lots of other drivers which in turn frees up some fuel over a good set of laps.
I'm not sure tho just guessing

power79

Post by power79 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 am

Jurgen-NL wrote: i actually liked this stat yet also have been thinking of ways to make it a bit more accurate yet didnt come up with anything.
perhaps take only the best half of the laps and take the median lap from that would give better results? .

as it stands now i could improve 14 seconds yet having made a horrific pitstop that alone is about 14s i also made about 3-4 crashes not to mention numerous offroad moments so 14 doesnt really come close to what i myself would estimate my own improvement 30-40 seconds would be more in the correct estimate.
Best half would clearly favour later laps with less fuel and laps with new tyres.

Pitstop laps are not included in calculations so those mistakes won't show up in the stat.

And I didn't try to remove _all_ mistakes or bad traffic situations (I could use offroad/damage etc. stats for that) from race but only show how much time you would be expected to save with more consistent driving. And also to offset the more catastrophic laps(like my 1st lap). But it of course ends up being only rough estimate so maybe it's not that useful.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm

power79 wrote: Best half would clearly favor later laps with less fuel and laps with new tyres.
though still no one can drive perfect every single lap that would mean the same driver hitting 4-6 lap records each time they come out of pits with fresh tyres.
and taking the median lap from the best half of the laps would (i only guess) give better maximum potential i would assume for T it would say something like -15 20 seconds maybe bigger even.
and its only a rough estimate so it cant keep track of people being slowed down by lapped cars.
also when we get to the point of lower fuel and fresher tyres that is the moment where we usually come across of lapped cars and so the estimate might be a bit more accurate, since lower fuel and fresher tyres doesn't automatically conclude faster laps.

just a theory off course :mrgreen:

power79

Post by power79 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:30 am

Exceptionally this time Top-4 merged video instead of Top-3 as those 4 are all so close together.
Sandopolis_Top4.tsr
[x] Mike Nike 1:04.862
Tinjowitsu-san 1:04.880
Godlike Jurgen 1:04.955
[+] Badeend 1:04.969

Probably no more updates this week unless someone wants to make a request today. For example if four car video is too messy I can split it to two cars combination.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:10 pm

nice vid figures i aced that last cornering i expected time gain there and loss at corner 1 quite a few different lines going on

Kid Masters

Post by Kid Masters » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm

power can you create a video with my car and for example Carlos Sainz's? or maybe Silva's? So i can see where i am wrong (i know i am doing mistakes probably all along the track LOL)

Ty

power79

Post by power79 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Kid Masters wrote:power can you create a video with my car and for example Carlos Sainz's? or maybe Silva's? So i can see where i am wrong (i know i am doing mistakes probably all along the track LOL)

Ty
Here you go:
Sandopolis_Kid_vs_Silva.tsr
Hope it helps. I am driving Division 2 race this week so you have one less position to climb into Division 1. :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Kid, you obviously didn't follow that important rule in the middle part of the track - focus on exiting speed instead of entering.

Kid Masters

Post by Kid Masters » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Thank you very much power and Whip too. I noticed that, ill try to brake earlier... thanks a lot

Badeend

Post by Badeend » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Stats of tonight's race: http://lvp-ts.com/races/detail/4705/

power79

Post by power79 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:06 am

Race Stats:
Race Stats(Sandopolis)

I did some testing with reaction time and seems -0.02 sec is best you can get without having false start, but it requires you to "predict" the lights which you can do easily when lights are not in random mode. If you wait until you see lights go out you should have 0.100+ reaction time.

Seems pretty clean race now that I wasn't there to block everyone with my early braking. :lol:

I changed cutoff time for offroad from 0.1 sec to 0.5 sec so that most corner cuttings wouldn't count as that was not the purpose of the offroad stat. Seems more reasonable numbers now.

Damage Report:
Damage Report(Sandopolis)