It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

power79

Community User Level: 3

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Tijny wrote:Nice job, but I think I would still be quite interested to see a log that includes the moves that were immediately countered, and whether that just leads to too much noise or if it actually does a good job at showing failed attempts. I guess it's best not to include those in the total number of moves though, like it is now.

Log includes now countered attempts. I also fixed one problem that left some overtakes out. Stat also shows everyones failed attempts count.

@Mike: I look at your suggestions tomorrow. Can't promise anything, though.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 am

my race perspective:
good start finnally no damage over 5% in the first lap alone only 2 and trailing the top 3 from within a decent margin
overtaken by oompa who felt challenging to overtake T for third place and mike and Badened fighting for first.
I also see jormeli in my vision and make a nice fake manouvre on him causing him to lock his brakes in lap 4 trailing 5th 6sec behind the leader for 17-18 laps then see T pitting in front of me with oompa a lap earlier and i decide to go on well paced however i get lagged out of the track and with 9 seconds time loss it was as if i pit a without taking tyres.
so on to take my first pit in lap 28 where a desperate whippe caught me up and annoyed me with his rough overtaking skills costing me 2 seconds more in pitting lap.
back with good tyres i put down some decent laps and eventually had whippe parking in front of me on the track once, in the end i managed to divert his attacks and reovertake him with draft quickly in following corners a few times and so stay in front of whippe a fun fight actually but i prefer a bit cleaner uahuahuah! and behind jormeli and oompa once again for 6th all-in all a fun race where if the first ouch lag hadnt happened it could have been a whole diffrent race for me
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

power79

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Nice, power :)
Although as "traffic avoidance" is also kind of a strategy/planning skill, kinda (due to early or delayed pitting or stopping just 1 time instead 2 etc), seeing the amount of lapped cars as info might be nice too. Also interesting might be the laptime influence in laps where you lapped someone or overtook someone or got overtaken by someone.
That might point out who is losing a lot of time when battling or lapping.

Influence in laptimes is difficult to calculate when you don't know what you should compare that laptime with and what amount was because of lapped car and how much something else.

I made some kind of lapped car stat:
Lapped Cars: Lapped(Time Behind) - Got Lapped(Time Ahead)

Can't say how accurate it is or if there's bugs because it's very hard to check it from video. Numbers should only show cars that were close together. So if in some cases lapped car was far away during lapping then it doesn't count in this stat. So let me know if this looks ok, or if there's clearly something wrong.

It's the last stat:
Race Stats(Sandopolis)
Race Stats(Sandopolis) Div2

Enrico Papi

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Guys, what about a wet track in the future?

There were few rainy tracks in the old f1 server and i miss them, they could add unpredictabily to the races :mrgreen:

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:Guys, what about a wet track in the future?

There were few rainy tracks in the old f1 server and i miss them, they could add unpredictabily to the races :mrgreen:

Whaaaat? That's a nice idea, if possible.

That would imply having other type of tires, maybe?

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:Guys, what about a wet track in the future? There were few rainy tracks in the old f1 server and i miss them, they could add unpredictabily to the races :mrgreen:

There were nothing unpredictable about those wet tracks. And nothing can be done about it without a weather implementation in some new game version.

Enrico Papi

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Enrico Papi wrote:Guys, what about a wet track in the future? There were few rainy tracks in the old f1 server and i miss them, they could add unpredictabily to the races :mrgreen:

There were nothing unpredictable about those wet tracks. And nothing can be done about it without a weather implementation in some new game version.

:( :( :( :(

power79

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 am

It's "Top-3 Merged Video" time again:
Vehemento_Top3.tsr
[x] Mike Nike 1:32.883
[+] Badeend 1:32.892
Tinjowitsu-san 1:32.956
It looks like Mike and Badeend cross the finish line at the same time, but that's probably because I have to cut starting points of the videos manually so merge might not be 0.0000001 second accurate.

And back to Sandopolis once again. I didn't receive any comments from my last stats, but I decided to make a "blue flag" list anyway if someone is interested. Not totally accurate I am sure as some calculations are difficult to get excatly right in all situations.
Sandopolis_bluflags
Sandopolis_bluflags (Div 2)
Looks like Drax wasn't that aware of lapping cars but I guess this was his first race...

Tijny

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 am

power79 wrote:It looks like Mike and Badeend cross the finish line at the same time, but that's probably because I have to cut starting points of the videos manually so merge might not be 0.0000001 second accurate.
Even if you manage to cut the videos at the exact right point in time, there's still a 20 ms margin of error. This is because you can only cut at 20 ms intervals, but the laptimes are calculated perfectly to the millisecond.

I had some little mistakes here and there, and Mike's line through the twisty part before the long straights didn't look very strong either. Still quite a bit of room for improvement, but this track is not really a favorite of mine, so we'll see.

Mike Nike

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 pm

@power
Lapped(Time Behind) -> now seeing the nice blueflag stats, i think i understand what "Time Behind" meant.
Great overview, once again :)

@laprec
early on, Bade drove 2 curves 2.5 car length faster in total. I had 2-3 little bad parts later, where i thought i lost quite much and that was also visible in the merged video, i think. So... a 1.32.6 seems to be reachable, but...i doubt that already getting a 1.32.7 would be tough enough. I wouldn't wonder if i end up getting 3rd this time. Although my local practice was pretty solid, hitting quite early 3x 1.33.1 in a row and a 1.32.968 in lap +-35, seeing some room for improvements.

Whiplash

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 6:24 pm

The calendar has been changed. New track is added for Monday already. Sources are updated for full races test, and you will download new track trough the server. Flakemore is also updated and will be downloaded the same way. Best 9 out of 10 results will be counted in the end now.

EDIT:
OK, I updated track pack in the end. (DOWNLOAD)
And sources. DOWNLOAD

Badeend

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Stats of tonight's race: http://lvp-ts.com/races/detail/5045/

Mike Nike

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Race Week 7...

Quali:
Day 1: with a somewhat early local 1.33.1 (3 in a row) and a 1.32.968 within 35 laps, the week looked promising. Once again :D
Day 5: with the plan to get the pole on the very last day, i accidently found myself in a good lap in a session, where i just tried to pretend i could only reach a low 1.33.0, so Top2 don't have to worry. Having driven the 1.32.88x i instantly thought i'd end up in 3rd place and that's what happened :E
Day 7: trying to get the pole anyways, i not only saw the pity news of having ridiculous warps in LVP2, 4 and 5, no...also B took the pole -.-

Race:
This time i only told that i used 87.25-83.64% fuel in my tests, so Badeend should see that 88% is safe and that i had likely more testraces, 87% noneco, 84% mucho economico :P. B took 91% unfortunately and still drove a 1.00.46.x totalracetime, which i think is pretty amazing, considering my local mistakeless pace (with safe lines around the stuckzones) was only 1.00.49.x. Maybe best race by Badeend, so far? And this in a track with multiple "B-Corners" (the ones he liked to get stuck into so often in earlier races)....

Lap 1: over 13 warps, unfortunately bumped into early braking Tijny, causing B to be the laughing 3rd :E. Eyerolling -.-
I coulda let more space maybe, drive inside, dunno - but warps were killing me - minimum 2 weird wide curves in lap 1 alone.
Stint 1: About 4 seconds or maybe more i lost in stint 1 by going offroad or very wide due to warps. And probably a decent 2-3 sec due to the bad pace, trying to handle the warps each lap. ~58f and 56b warps in first half of race. But it was also warpy partly, when there was no "f/b" added.
Place 3 or worse seemed to be a sure thing for me during the very first seconds in lap 1, realizing the warps did not stop for the race, this time.
End of stint 1 or middle of stint 2 i managed a more safe line, where the warps won't kill me so much anymore. Said to myself: "handle the warp! BE the warp!" :D mister miagi style... and got a laugh attack^^.
But i somehow started to hope for T/B fighting and getting stuck in the front, giving me another chance for place 2.
Stint 2: unfortunately i hold up T to catch B, even though i planned to let him pass earlier, due to championship standings. Sorry for that - i went wide in the first curve and got bumped in the back or side a bit, causing T to finish rest of race with slightly damaged car, giving me a little hope on the other hand to come back hunting him with fresh tyres.
Stint 3: no master fails by T to give me hope for 2nd place...so the last laps went supersafe, just to make 100% sure, i will not run out of fuel.
Lap 37/38 (last curve): F2 stats showing twice "???", but no "disconnected?" - +- 5 seconds of trying to do something, then hit escape and came back, hoping that i maaaaybe still make it to 3rd place, having over 20 sec lead to Whiplash. But...if you disconnect on fullspeed, the trouble was programed: 1.x% left for last lap - not gonna make it. Mikonnection trolled me again. But 3rd or 13th place did not matter for the season, i think. The 2nd cup place is lost to Badeend, who showed another amazing steady fast pace in a fuelheavy car.

Edit:
weird irony: during stint 3 i thought about: what would i do, if T or B would run out of fuel in last lap? Would i go ahead and try to push them over the finishline, no matter the damage i'll receive? If yes, what if place 4 would catch up? Would he overtake? Or would he help? :D
I placed my car in a way that people would still realize i ran out of fuel and most likely due to the disconnection. So they could decide if they would try to hit me into the finish. I didn't expect someone doing it though, unless i would have been easily hittable short before the finishline.

Edit2:
Forgot to mention, the somewhat only real mistake (offroad) in the race: i did in stint 1 or 2 when trying to check T/Bs laptimes. Lost 1 sec there -.-
Last edited by Mike Nike on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Whiplash

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Notice: We won't drive next weekend because of Easter. So, the next race will be on Sunday, April 23.

Last race comment:
Damn, it was a great race, but I managed to cry again. All was going according to my plans at the beginning (first stint stay as long as possible on the track, and then do 2 shorter ones: 14-12-12). And I was finally able to follow it, because I had 0% damage for the first time in a while. I knew that after the first stop I'll have better tyres every time compared to my closest opponents - this time Jormelion.
I was controlling the distance to Jormeli for the whole race being able to increase it every time I saw him getting few inches (meters :P ) closer. But it was still so exhausting driving with no serious mistakes and once I saw Jormeli hitting the cones, I felt so relaxed thinking: "This bastard will stay behind forever". I was then just cruising around lap by lap being even able to increase the distance slowly by my better tyres. And then - bang... same place where Jor stucked. :) I totally lost focus of the race and I was tired as f***. I was trying now to force some gap between us - but grass liked me too much. :wink:

power79

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 am

Race Stats:
Race Stats(Vehemento)

Damage Report:
Damage Report(Vehemento)
I think you have reduced damage settings(but not told us) so I decreased limit from 1% --> 0.5% to show smaller hits too. Still pretty clean race, I would say.

Overtake list:
Overtake List(Vehemento)
Might include errors. My formula's are not 100% science proof.

Blue Flags:
Blue Flags(Vehemento)
Same disclaimer as above.

My Race Report. This is how it went this time with driver who always lose most positions during race(disconnections don't count, Mike):
Lap1:
Everyone drove so carefully. It was so beautiful. I almost had a tear in my eye. No damage on first lap, what is this?
Then last corner happened:
Code: Select all
TDi_Gol_v8      ---> \/\/||_|_       ( 4,3%) TimeStamp:  1:37.020
\/\/||_|_       ---> TDi_Gol_v8      ( 3,4%) TimeStamp:  1:37.020
power79         ---> \/\/||_|_       ( 5,5%) TimeStamp:  1:37.460
\/\/||_|_       ---> TDi_Gol_v8      ( 0,8%) TimeStamp:  1:37.660
Ippon-Wazaari   ---> power79         ( 1,9%) TimeStamp:  1:37.780

(TDi_Gol_v8) was the one who got stuck first so my list is in a bit wrong order.

It happened right in front of me, no time to steer so in pile I go. damage to 94%. That's more like it.

Well, that wasn't catastrophe. I just make my first stop few laps earlier and I am fine.

Laps 2-8:
Made some mistakes. Maybe due damage, hard to say. But nothing serious.

Lap 9:
first obstacle hit of my race. Shit happens. Lost couple positions I think.

Lap 10:
First pitstop. Finally getting rid of that damage.

Lap 12:
Fastest corner in the beginning. Full speed. What happens right in front of me?:
Carlos Sainz Jr ---> ???             ( 0,7%) TimeStamp: 18:42.520
[$pectre]Jaw$   ---> Carlos Sainz Jr (14,3%) TimeStamp: 18:44.100
power79         ---> [$pectre]Jaw$   ( 5,1%) TimeStamp: 18:44.800
power79         ---> Carlos Sainz Jr ( 3,2%) TimeStamp: 18:44.980

Carlos hits the obstacle and no possibility me to have time to see it even with 1920x1200 resolution. Bang. Damage to 91% just like that, couple laps after pitting.

Anyway, after that I couldn't concentrate 100% anymore. Another failed race for power. :(

I did fight with Carlos quite a while after that even I didn't expect to win that battle.
Lap 17:
Carlos gives me little side hit in corner. I thought I didn't give enough room in that situation so decided to let him pass. But he slows down and gives me way. Well, I am not going to park there, so fine, I go.

Lap 18:
Pitstop. I decide not to pit anymore after this. Enough is enough. And of course I hit another obstacle after that. Probably just small damage as it doesn't show in report.

Lap 21:
Another obstacle hit. Totally losing concentration.

Lap 23:
Yet another obstacle decides to get on my way. Now I finally give up on catching Carlos and just start cruising.

Lap 28:
Seeing Badeend behind me. Starting to think if I could avoid getting lapped. That would at least be something. Focus, power, focus.
29.  1:35.853c  21%  99%  64%
30.  1:35.903c  19%  99%  61%
31.  1:35.805c  17%  99%  58%
32.  1:35.987c  15%  99%  55%
33.  1:36.134c  12%  99%  52%

30.  1:34.796c  25% 100%  65%
31.  1:34.822c  23% 100%  62%
32.  1:35.166c  20% 100%  59%
33.  1:35.285c  18% 100%  56%
34.  1:35.354c  16% 100%  53%

Lost about second/lap during that period. Don't know if that would have been enough(probably not), but on lap 34 made couple big mistakes and that was that.

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 am

huge comeback race for me this time, apparently there was a small game bug which made me reload the track once the lights went off for everyone else and me and badoer were staring in the chat lobby LETS GO

so +20 sec for lap 1 i felt like nagging for a restart completely unfair wtf but went with it anyway pos 18.
had quite some fun overtaking more then half the grid over the entire course of 38 laps,
starting with some nice moves on max lema power and carlos (great fairplay move by carlos there in lap 5-6?)

then got behind a trickier opponent who doesn't give up so easily mister i am in the corner wurz had a nice battle for about 2 laps then he pulled a move where i could not turn into the corner and he kind of cut me off with a bump and my car bumped just out of bounds and i was back right between power and sainz.

no trouble getting away from these guys i managed to get back to wurz right before 1st pit (lap 12) pos 13.
a horrible exit of the pit lost me 2 seconds and the next lap wurz pit right when he came back i had to make a wider curve then usual before the speedy part on track to overtake him cleanly and managed to keep it on track.

had a few more fights till i finally broke a decent gap and saw some in front of me Silva laf azev gol it was a nice train and i couldn't get any faster to them as i was doing until i could almost touch silva his rear and ended up against cones
i believe wurz and will passing me then here again and had to re-overtake the guys i had already done before like the whole race it wasn't very motivating, bad 2nd stint lots of small grass touches on exiting corners could not build a solid pace.

then for my 2nd pit and 3rd stint lap 26 pos 10thish
good stint finally a bit of rhythm in laps
i overtook azev and gol and laf and just could not catch silva in this stint alone and managed another 6th place

pretty much same as previous race if the beginning of the race would have been better...
hope next race i wont get struck by some major unlucky

nice Badeend win, nice Jormeli 3rd, nice Silva 5th

P.S would like to see T stat also hanks
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Kid Masters

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 am

Come on Magnam and ftronic!! Let's play div 2 tonight!!!

Will

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am

Me during the week:
Meh... this is just a game, I'll just do a couple laps to qualify and then show up on race day and have some fun.

Me during the race:
OMFG!! Look at all these people passing me left and right! This is so embarrassing! Next week I'll train so f****** hard I will lap everyone!

Me next Monday:
Meh...

Azev

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 am

Will wrote:Me during the week:
Meh... this is just a game, I'll just do a couple laps to qualify and then show up on race day and have some fun.

Me during the race:
OMFG!! Look at all these people passing me left and right! This is so embarrassing! Next week I'll train so f****** hard I will lap everyone!

Me next Monday:
Meh...

Now I understand why you're a fan of Sporting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whiplash

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 1:17 pm

power79 wrote:I think you have reduced damage settings(but not told us)...

Yes. :roll:

Tijny

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Dynamic standings!

I can't say that my race was too bad, it's just that someone was legitimately faster. From the very first laps Badeend's pace was ever so slightly out of my comfort zone: I could keep up reasonably well for a while, but I felt that I would start making mistakes sooner or later. I guess it all started going downhill for me when I found myself almost alongside him, wussed out too early and accidentally hit the brakes. From that point on I started making mistakes and went offroad a few too many times. B was always within my sights, but there was simply no way for me to close the gap that had formed. I mean, going offroad just once in the whole race? Come on! :D

Too bad about the problems a few people had. I guess without connection issues, Mike would have struggled with B's speed like I did, but it might have made the race more interesting for all of us. Also sucks about the track loading bug Jurgen and others had. I probably experienced the same thing when the cup started, but I quickly saw that something was wrong and reconnected. Maybe I should have warned everyone else, but it didn't occur to me. :(

Will

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Azev wrote:
Will wrote:Me during the week:

Me during the race:

Me next Monday:
Meh...

Now I understand why you're a fan of Sporting :lol: :lol: :lol:

.|.

FTronc

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Kid Masters wrote:Come on Magnam and ftronic!! Let's play div 2 tonight!!!

Awesome race, Kid! Nice dispute! P2 is yours and well deserved!

Let's keep TS clean!

power79

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 am

Race Stats(Div 2):
Race Stats(Vehemento) Div 2

Damage Report(Div 2):
Damage Report(Vehemento) Div 2

Overtake list(Div 2):
Overtake List(Vehemento) Div 2