It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am

Formula 1 World Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

Re: Formula 1 World Championship #1

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 am

My best is 1:10 and I see no way to improve it!

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 5:01 pm

dede wrote:My best is 1:10 and I see no way to improve it!

:lol: Your strength is in consistency anyway. :wink:

Btw, to all of you - Qualifications won't be based on sending videos anymore. All of you can now drive live qualifications in the online server LVP #3 (Monday-Friday). Your place achieved in qualifications will automatically become your start position for the race. Subscriptions aren't needed anymore - we will extract all the needed info from server's logs. All you need is to drive the qualifications and drive the races. :wink:

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Some amazing job is done by Badeend recently. Thanks to that we can follow qualifications results live HERE. You will be able to find link for each of them on F1 Champ's page (Calendar)(HERE)

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 7:49 pm

in!
[url="http://www.pokerstrategy.com?referrer=wazaari"]Impara a giocare a poker avvalendoti gratuitamente delle strategie ed incassa il bonus da $150 di PokerStrategy![/url]

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 am

Test race was quite fun. I just warn you to be more careful in battles (we had some too aggressive attacks in first laps). The video of the test race has been uploaded, you can download it from HERE.

EDIT:
- Silva, that attack on Wokinger in first lap was just too aggressive. The rule is: Do not attack a player as long as you're not at least in line with him. In that case you're supposed to let him pass you back.
- Same goes for Enrico Papi against Wokinger in lap 27.

Caddino

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 am

dede wrote:Why so late?

yes indeed

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 11:15 am

Caddino wrote:
dede wrote:Why so late?

yes indeed

You should've suggested the change earlier. 22:00 GMT isn't that late anyway, especially now when the server start the race immediately without any latency.

power79

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 am

I dont have problem with the time but 22 gmt is midnight in Finland. So those who need to wake early on monday could have an issue with it.

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Should we set it 1 or 2 hours earlier then?

Tijny

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm

I very much enjoyed last night's race, particularly racing against 4 people who pushed me to the limit. Whip who led for 15 laps with a very solid pace before crashing out, Badeend who would have been a serious problem if he had bothered to fully repair his tyres, dede who still struck so much fear into my heart that I crashed as I attempted to lap him, and Mike who I just managed to catch in the final lap after a furious chase. Nice!

I went in completely blank, so I made some strategic errors that I don't plan on repeating, but I expect the same from the other guys.
power79 wrote:2 Stops & 3 Stops I have same time for both: 62min 39 sec

So that indicates that I would lose 2-3 laps to winner.

I find this quite interesting, you're way faster than you think! Mike and I both took around 62 minutes and 4 seconds to finish (two stops for me, one for him), so that pace would put you well within the same lap as the leaders in the end. Of course driving solo should theoretically be faster because nobody gets in the way, but on the other hand nobody pushes you to do your best either.

power79

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Tijny wrote:
power79 wrote:2 Stops & 3 Stops I have same time for both: 62min 39 sec

So that indicates that I would lose 2-3 laps to winner.

I find this quite interesting, you're way faster than you think! Mike and I both took around 62 minutes and 4 seconds to finish (two stops for me, one for him), so that pace would put you well within the same lap as the leaders in the end. Of course driving solo should theoretically be faster because nobody gets in the way, but on the other hand nobody pushes you to do your best either.

Well I thought Whip had tested the race so that lap number would have been close to 60 min race but I guess not. And my time would have been easily 30+ seconds slower with traffic and pressure. Unless draft actually makes you faster.

I will check the race video later and I should be able to participate next race.

Tijny

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 pm

power79 wrote:Well I thought Whip had tested the race so that lap number would have been close to 60 min race but I guess not. And my time would have been easily 30+ seconds slower with traffic and pressure. Unless draft actually makes you faster.

Maybe so, but I still thought it was impressive considering that apart from me and Mike, only Badeend completed the full 55 laps. ;)

Alexander Wurz

Community User Level: 1

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 1:01 pm

For us italians 22 GMT is perfect. Just after Serie A game. 21 or 20 should be kind od problematic

magnam

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 1:52 pm

well, if its not a bit earlier than 22:00 you can unsuscribe me

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 5:02 pm

power79 wrote:Well I thought Whip had tested the race so that lap number would have been close to 60 min race but I guess not. And my time would have been easily 30+ seconds slower with traffic and pressure. Unless draft actually makes you faster.

Well, I used track records to set up lap numbers. So, those didn't have tyrewear or fuel.

About the time, I'll see if I can move it to one hour earlier.

Alexander Wurz

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 5:16 pm

21.30 GMT is not okay with me. 21 is better

dede

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I give a f*** about the time. Just give me two laps advantage and it's fine!

Wokinger

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

For me 22 is pretty late as well..
21 would be great.

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 8:19 pm

dede wrote:I give a f*** about the time. Just give me two laps advantage and it's fine!

:lol: I'm expecting you to be competitive next race already. All pros had hard moments with that car at first. :wink:

To all: I started the pole. Feel free to vote!

Mike Nike

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 pm

That race was awesome. And it was just a test race.
FASTESTESTEST race start ever? like just 1-2 minutes "late"?...

Thx to Whip for organizing, thx to dede for the fairplay rules (interesting point with: "totally up to you, if you crash and MANY cars into you, if you let them pass or not"), thx to T & Bade for the LVP server scripts.
Thx to dede again for competing with an ultimate sucky 1min10 pace, best/funniest moment of the race: lapping dede (wtf) :D
Whip offroad :E (hope you get those keys fixed) after i block T/B due to my lack of pace...
Driving the whole race pretty solid with my +-2 hours practice before the race, Bade and Tijny were still slightly kicking my ass. Tijny even with 8% more fuel :E ...a bit more than slightly.
A looong fight with Badeend, not sure if i perfectly closed doors in an allowed way all the time, but it felt okay...
Pitting nicely about +-3 laps for a semi early 1 pit strategy stint in order to catch Bade (being 2-3 sec behind him)...went out nicely. Bade came so close again at some point, i already gave up the racewin in my head and then he suddenly went for a 2nd pitstop. Driving fast and consinstent did not help this time, since Bade was faster and consistent enough. And wow also to Tijnys constant fast laptimes on his way to catch me. Maybe shouldnt have risked to go offroad and instead drive the curve in a way i get speedbumped? Would that be a fair way to defend the position?
10 laps before raceend i was kinda sure, i was gonna win, not hitting TAB stats at any point, but driving 2-3 slower laps, which probably cost me the win. A 3rd/4th place for me woulda been more deserved, considering my pace compared to B & T..
I feel like T is unreachable and it will be a tough challenge to beat Badeend. Not sure, what Whip, dede and maybe Pablinho will come along with, but i'll try my best to make B's and T's upcoming races less boring! :D

@clocktime 21 vs 22 -> whatever you guys like. i dont need to get up early mondays..

dede

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Whiplash wrote: :lol: I'm expecting you to be competitive next race already.

Forget it, I'm playing from laptop, I will never manage to stay in same lap as Tijny.

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 pm

dede wrote:Forget it, I'm playing from laptop, I will never manage to stay in same lap as Tijny.

Here are some info you and others might need:
- The car has advanced braking system. You don't want it to produce smoke; once you do that, you will lose grip and probably miss your optimal driving line. Whenever you hold the brake key, the brakes get warmer and they need some time to cool down. So, once you produce smoke, it's very likely you'll produce it again if you release the brake just for a too short time.
- You can gain some extra speed by slipstream effect. But watch out, you don't want to experience this effect in curves. Slipstream gives you extra speed, but it causes the grip to be lost too. I've seen you in the sand few times just because of that. :wink:

Tijny

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Maybe shouldnt have risked to [*]go offroad and instead drive the curve in a way i get speedbumped? Would that be a fair way to defend the position?
You don't have to let me through just because I'm faster! I would want you to keep the door closed and defend yourself to the best of your ability. If you say "this is it, if I want to stay on the track I can't go any faster than this right now", it's up to me to find a way around you. Then, if I bump into you in a way that's advantageous to you, it's my own fault for not paying enough attention because with this car, there is time to react in such situations.

A bit of a shame you decided to go all-in, because if you had opted for more safety, it would have been really interesting and challenging to try and overtake you fairly within the frame of one lap. :)

dede

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 6:29 am

I wanted to keep the door closed but I ended up in sand in every curve.

Pingu

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am

Hola all, long time no see :D

Pretty fun to see that a new cup is organized (too late 22 gmt for me on Sunday but still cool).

Can anyone please explain this car to me? Iam well off the pace. I read a bit about the car on http://www.turbosliders.com/tournaments ... pionship-1 but still doesnt say much to me.

How are you supposed to drive this car?
When do brakes lock? Only after x amount of time braking or does -speed and or -turning also affect brake locking?
When do you loose grip? The amount of time you lock does it also affect how much grip you loose, or is one small puff all grip lost immediatly.
Braking and steering? On old F1 car this was the way to go. Only braking in straight line recommended?
How to freaking approach da corners :D
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions