It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:15 pm

How to make "rotimage"?

Discuss the various race cars in Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

How to make "rotimage"?

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Is there some program that alows you to make "rotimage" easily with all that shadow efects like default cars have? Or it's hard manual work?

Mouse

Re: How to make "rotimage"?

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Whiplash wrote:Is there some program that alows you to make "rotimage" easily with all that shadow efects like default cars have? Or it's hard manual work?

I'm pretty sure it's easily done in photoshop. Making the shadow effects is the easiest part. Manual work sure, but it should only take a little while.

Tijny

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Mouse wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Is there some program that alows you to make "rotimage" easily with all that shadow efects like default cars have? Or it's hard manual work?

I'm pretty sure it's easily done in photoshop. Making the shadow effects is the easiest part. Manual work sure, but it should only take a little while.
Well, not really. A rotimage like the default cars use requires a 3D model of the car and, obviously, 3D modeling software. So yeah, there is no easy way to replicate that if you're not an expert at this stuff.

Mouse

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Tijny wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Well, not really. A rotimage like the default cars use requires a 3D model of the car and, obviously, 3D modeling software. So yeah, there is no easy way to replicate that if you're not an expert at this stuff.

I suppose you can make one in photoshop though. Copy and rotate the car images to each angle, and use lighting and shadow effects on the entire image. It will not come out as good if you use 3D imaging, but it would work.

Never actually did this myself, I'll admit, I never cared as much when making my cars because when playing I'm never zoomed enough to see the details.

Whiplash

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Man, it could be nice if developers would explain that 'proces' (even if it's out of our design power).

Return to Cars