It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Mike Nike's new version of Car Editor - suggestions

Discuss the various race cars in Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Mike Nike's new version of Car Editor - suggestions

PostFri Oct 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I spoke with Mike Nike about releasing a new version of his Car Editor with eventually some new options. So, this is a topic for all your suggestions about it. He will try to include all your good ideas in it.
I would like that all players with some programming abilities take part here and help him as much they can. (T, dede, VPA especially) :wink:

Some people say that notepad is only that we need, but Mike's program gives you better preview of all adjustments for the car which is really useful for any kind of car testing. And option for top speed seeing is the best.

My suggestions for now are:
-new default car there: Spinner
-cooler program icon
-possibility of opening 2 (or maybe 3) cars in the same time with nicely sorted adjustments for comparing. I know that we just can open that program twice in the same time, but it's not good by that (uses whole space on monitor, so it's not easy to compare again. So, all adjustment scales should be smaller (shorter).
-when you open the car, it should show its little image (of course, if it has it).
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tijny

PostFri Oct 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Top speed = acceleration / viscosity.

Notepad IS all you need ;)

Whiplash

PostFri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Tijny wrote:Top speed = acceleration / viscosity.

Notepad IS all you need ;)

That's not an suggestion. :P
I'm always using Mike's program for all new cars testing, and it's much better. Gives you better preview for comparing and adjustment, and you will never have that with notepad. :wink:

Tijny

PostFri Oct 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Whiplash wrote:That's not an suggestion. :P
I'm always using Mike's program for all new cars testing, and it's much better. Gives you better preview for comparing, and you will never have that with notepad. :wink:
Still, for me personally the only feature that would make a program like this worth using would be the ability to test your cars on-the-fly - and unfortunately that's not possible with a 3rd party tool.

Whiplash

PostThu Oct 13, 2011 11:53 pm

-I guess Mike somehow missed to include rot-image option. Whenever I open some car that has rot-image and save the file after that, I got new file without my rot-image. Now it sets regular image by saving, even there was rot-image when I've loaded it. I guess the tool can't read the rot-images at all. So, that should be fixed too. :wink:

Return to Cars