It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 am

My cars prepared for 2.5.3 version

Discuss the various race cars in Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

My cars prepared for 2.5.3 version

PostSat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Our website is so outdated that I have to publish my cars here. :(
LINK!

aussieTSfan

Re: My cars prepared for 2.5.3 version

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks heaps for you time and efforts doing this. Ive just downloaded the new version, and having these cars to add will be fantastic.. cant wait to use them.
Im a new member, but have been playing the previous version offline, finding as many cars and tracks as possible (been using the wrc cars mostly as ive really enjoyed the sliding physics - particularly of the ford focus ??). Anyways, time to test out new version... and Ill ensure ill spread the word about this awesome game.

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 am

aussieTSfan wrote:Thanks heaps for you time and efforts doing this. Ive just downloaded the new version, and having these cars to add will be fantastic.. cant wait to use them.
Im a new member, but have been playing the previous version offline, finding as many cars and tracks as possible (been using the wrc cars mostly as ive really enjoyed the sliding physics - particularly of the ford focus ??). Anyways, time to test out new version... and Ill ensure ill spread the word about this awesome game.

I'm already having some unfinished rally cars on my PC. I took them from Richard Burns Rally game. :wink: I'll finish them sometimes in the future for sure.

Gzehoo

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 4:30 pm

How did you make this car rotation over 360 degree? If I think good, you copied one car 360x and rotate every of them for 1 degree, right?

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Gzehoo wrote:How did you make this car rotation over 360 degree? If I think good, you copied one car 360x and rotate every of them for 1 degree, right?

There is a 3D modeling software named Autodesk 3ds max. I used that one to edit car models and capture (render) 360 images of a model (it can be all set so that software does it automatically). Then I use Gimp and combine all 360 images that I get. :wink:

But if you don't care about the dynamic reflection, you can make 360 rotations with 1 image easily too. Just put parameter line in car's file "rotations 360", and that's it! :wink: Make sure that you've written it before lines for image and pattern. Here is an example:
Car
Your_car
description 1
This is my new car.
antislide 7
acceleration 94
enginefriction 0.0
viscosity 0.31
nonslidesector 0.6
slidebraking 70
slidedeceleration 40
braking 66
steering 1.91
elasticity 0.3
grip 215
weight 300
rotations 360
mask hua-pat.png 0 0 32 32
images hua.png 0 0 64 64 3.6
tire 13 21
tire 19 21
enginesample engine.wav
End

aussieTSfan

PostTue Dec 02, 2014 5:52 am

Whiplash wrote:
aussieTSfan wrote:Thanks heaps for you time and efforts doing this. Ive just downloaded the new version, and having these cars to add will be fantastic.. cant wait to use them.

I'm already having some unfinished rally cars on my PC. I took them from Richard Burns Rally game. :wink: I'll finish them sometimes in the future for sure.

Cant wait for the rally cars. Now just a quick question... are the cars you are making the same width as the EXO car.. because I think that looks the best. On the previous version of TS, I only used particular Rally cars as they were nice and wide/big and looked good on the track. They were the rallycars pack (8 cars) by kovalainen. They were amazing.. right size and amazing handling (loved the ford focus) and sounds. Some other rally packs included thinner/smaller cars(maybe because they were supposed to be more realistic) which didn't look quite right for the tracks. So yeh im hoping the rally cars (or any cars people make) are more along the size of those rally cars made by kovalainen or like the new EXO....
Thanks again.. and yeah, played this game yesterday on my 100" projector.. fkn amazing.. really really good.. much better than the original which is saying something since that was fantastic as well.

cheers,
steve B

Whiplash

PostTue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 pm

aussieTSfan wrote:...are the cars you are making the same width as the EXO car.. because I think that looks the best. On the previous version of TS, I only used particular Rally cars as they were nice and wide/big and looked good on the track.

Yeah, I noticed long time ago that cars in TS are looking better when they're made in gadget style. That's why making realistic cars would also need new track types.
Anyway, I'll try to enlarge those car models once I get more time, so I'll make 2 packs probably. :wink:

aussieTSfan

PostTue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 pm

haha gadget style.. yes that's the word I was looking for. The Exo for me is kinda inbetween which is fantastic, but yeah doing a pack with 2 styles would be great and much appreciated. Anyways.. loving this game. Now gotta spread the word ;) as I really wished more new about this fantastic game. With the other top view racers out there, this is the most enjoyable one to play - best gameplay and real sense of speed not to mention handling. With the bigger track sizes, itll be interesting to see if anyone could make some cool replica international rally tracks as well. I guess that's why we really need to spread the word about this game to build the modding community.
Again, I appreciate all the work and time you guys spend on making this game a great one to play.

Whiplash

PostWed Dec 03, 2014 2:19 am

And have you already downloaded my car_pack1? All of those models are a bit enlarged (they are higher and wider). You just need to set their handling up. Just play around with the numbers inside of the .car file. You can also copy those from the rally cars that you already liked.

aussieTSfan

PostWed Dec 03, 2014 7:11 am

that's awesome.. yeah I haven't done any tinkering/modding myself, so that's my first opportunity.. as yes.. I have downloaded your car pack 1 :) I actually just put them all in the car's folder expecting them to work hahaha but noticed they don't do anything and then I figured that they needed to be configured. Wow.. I didn't know it was that easy.. so now ill give it a go.. good stuff ;) you made heaps of cars, so thisll be fun :)

Whiplash

PostWed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Btw...
aussieTSfan wrote:...played this game yesterday on my 100" projector.. fkn amazing..

It would be really cool if you could somehow use some camera and record you playing TS by that projector, and then upload it on YouTube. I mean, you don't have to record yourself if you're shy. :wink: But you could record the projected screen of one-two races. I'm curious how it looks. :)

aussieTSfan

PostThu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

yep I can do that. Im a dodgy driver though.. but I guess that's better than nothing :) give us a week or so.. need a decent camera. I do have a pic somewhere which I remember taking when I first got the projector running... here I is :)
http://i.imgur.com/sugeyHH.jpg

Whiplash

PostThu Dec 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Hah, nice! Have in mind to put there some object so we can get a better feeling of the image size. :wink:
I didn't know colors will be so clear. :shock:

Rendy Andrian

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Dec 04, 2014 5:31 pm

aussieTSfan wrote:yep I can do that. Im a dodgy driver though.. but I guess that's better than nothing :) give us a week or so.. need a decent camera. I do have a pic somewhere which I remember taking when I first got the projector running... here I is :)
http://i.imgur.com/sugeyHH.jpg

That would be the perfect setting for spectating online races or watching race replays! We definitely need popcorns for this.

No, seriously, you've got a good projector there :D
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

aussieTSfan

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Ill try and get a video of me playing it up in the next couple of weeks when im off on a break.
I tell you, after doing a bit of research, its the best projector for under a grand (it was $919 Australian) brand new.. called the benq w1070, and if you search online its the best full HD projector for the price..and great for gaming as it has low input lag.

I also bought a decent quality motorised 100" screen for just over $1000 Aust...which for my smallish 2.6meter room length is perfect. The projector can make the screen up to 102" in size, and as small as about 80" from that distance (2.6 meters).
Some say its too close sitting only 2.5ish meters away from a 100" screen, but no.. its gold.. perfect for this game. I actually enjoy having to use some peripheral vision and having to look around, particularly when I play the pc versions of pes6 and winning eleven 9LE.. not sure if you know these games.. but they are fantastic football games..

Anyways.. way off topic I know..but ill open a new thread to show some movie clips when I make some.

cheers,
steve B

Whiplash

PostTue Dec 09, 2014 12:21 pm

I added 2 tanks. So, download link is updated in first post.

Return to Cars