It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:34 am

Car description in game

Discuss the various race cars in Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

Car description in game

PostFri May 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello all. Not a big problem, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong.

It seems that when you set a car's description, it no longer writes them on the number of lines you specify in game. For example, using the following lines in the .car file:
Code: Select all
description 2
    blah
    betablah

would appear in the game as:

blah betablah

instead of:

blah
betablah

As I said, not a big problem if it is a bug - neither I or the world of TS will not lose too much sleep over something so small - but if it's not a bug then what am I doing wrong?
Last edited by iBlaze² on Fri May 29, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Re: Car description bug?

PostFri May 29, 2015 5:26 pm

I think it has always been like that?

iBlaze²

Re: Car description in game

PostFri May 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Ah ok. I never noticed that before today.

Changed the thread title (still worth keeping here though in case other people wonder the same thing).

Whiplash

PostFri May 29, 2015 6:34 pm

I think it's not a bug, but just a wrong logic that you expect from description 2 parameter.
Basicaly, all you write for description will always be forced to be showed countiniously. 'description 2' just means that the game will find that countinious info inside of 2 text lines of .car file.
So, 'description 2' only helps you to have better previewed text in .car file. Otherwise yo would have to put whole that description in 1 huge text line. That's why it's beter to write 'description 5' for example, and than split that 1 huge line in 5 shorter and better previewed. But inside of the game those 5 lines could be still written in 3 lines maybe. So, parameter 'description' doesn't affect in-game description looks, but the one inside of .car text file. I hope I was clear.

iBlaze²

PostFri May 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Whiplash wrote:I think it's not a bug, but just a wrong logic that you expect from description 2 parameter.
Basicaly, all you write for description will always be forced to be showed countiniously. 'description 2' just means that the game will find that countinious info inside of 2 text lines of .car file.
So, 'description 2' only helps you to have better previewed text in .car file. Otherwise yo would have to put whole that description in 1 huge text line. That's why it's beter to write 'description 5' for example, and than split that 1 huge line in 5 shorter and better previewed. But inside of the game those 5 lines could be still written in 3 lines maybe. So, parameter 'description' doesn't affect in-game description looks, but the one inside of .car text file. I hope I was clear.

Oh that makes sense. I guess most people never use more than a few words for the description anyway so I just always assumed the description parameter was for new lines. Nevermind, it's not a big problem. Thanks for the explanation Whip :)

Return to Cars