Community User Level: 5

PostThu Nov 04, 2010 4:23 pm

IMO, you should use bankroll management, what if you lost what then? :wink:

Mike Nike

PostThu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

if he would use serious bankrollmanagement he likely aint be able to make 10k out of 80d within 5 weeks
on the other hand, even with risky bankrollmanagement its quite a tough challenge, i think

Pingu

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Lol Jurgen, you got that message too that they search for Dutch moderators? And that you can apply?

I think they got the wrong one, i curse on the tables sometimes if i was tilted and mad!!

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Pingu wrote:Lol Jurgen, you got that message too that they search for Dutch moderators? And that you can apply?

I think they got the wrong one, i curse on the tables sometimes if i was tilted and mad!!

nope no message here
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Pingu

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 6:16 pm

You only get it when you log in

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Pingu wrote:You only get it when you log in

yup i got it

Pingu

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Sick hand today.. what to do?

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

MP1: $5.00
MP2: $9.46
Hero (CO): $8.27
BTN: $2.26
SB: $4.54
BB: $7.33
UTG: $12.50
UTG+1: $2.24

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 5:spade: A:spade:
4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.35) Q:diamond: K:spade: 4:heart: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.35) 4:spade: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.35) 9:spade: (2 players)
SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, SB raises to $4.39 all in, Hero ????????

Villain is 19/10/3.8, 351 hands, fold to cbet was 45% so thats why i didnt c bet. If you need more stats for this hand tell me.

Yes i know it's cheeseburger stakes and the handhistory converter didnt work well .... dang

Mike Nike

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 4:22 pm

a crying fold vs the nit-range..
nits do flat the sb vs 3bb co open with qq and kk often enough to not exclude it - the sorta safe game, see flop, not wanting to risk whole stack bla bla or maybe just trying to get the bb involved too = playing trappy..

def though, some 44, 99 might be more likely and qjs might be in his range too, perhaps

any infos about the timing of his preflop call, flop check, turn check, river bet and river shove?
44 would suit to some sorta semi fast preflop flat, fast to semifast flopcheck, same at turn...the fact he bets only 3/5th of the pot into the river at a twice checked behind board seems like he is, like his stats say, a guy who thinks about his opponents holdings - so he wasnt, like the usual fish, totally overbetting the river with his strong hand

well..id call off a lot of fish though in these limits, even he plays like having quads there, but he might be a thinking player, who, even aggressive, might be a somewhat solid player, if i interpret the stats correctly

Pingu

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 4:59 pm

after 1 sec he called... he donkbetted the river instantly. I raised 3-4 sec later he went instantly all in.. I folded after timebanking.. putted him on 44 or 99... quite sick. Coudn't see why he would go c c and then suddenly plays for stacks

Mike Nike

PostThu Nov 11, 2010 5:09 am

well..if you cbehind twice you might be likely weak (max a bluffcatcher) or superstrong and think the opponent wont call a turnbet, for example..

if he donks the river you might rebluff with weak hands or raise with superstrong hands..and flat call with weak hands, which are still bluffcatcher...
i wonder if he would think you got JT and if he then would value-reraise the river with qjs flush for example
question is..would he shove his stack with the stubborn thinking you are just rebluffing him on the river^^? well..this fear is always there, but actually this doesnt happen that often (maybe more in the low limits, not sure)..but if this happens, then its often the case, if the opponent had somewhat of a hand preflop, but didnt hit like he wanted...or a nice draw and he didnt make his flush or gutshot or sometimes even his 5outer to 2pair - they feel like they had a shot on the pot on the flop and were able to draw out...and in river they are mad it didnt work and because there were no big action in flop AND turn (maybe either 1 action in flop or in turn), they try to bully..

forgetting about psy theories we could just analyse it with math
what he flats preflop vs 3bb co opens? how many flushes are possible in river, how often JT straight, how often the boats and quads..how often he would reraise jt kq or aa or a4s sorta hands in river, would he reraise 99 in river, same with qq, actually
which hands he would bluff in the river? whats the likely percentage of him thinking you rebluff?
which situations he would reraise the river allin thinking you might light valueraise the river with aa, kq, ak and would fold to a reraise?
pot is 35c, he bet 25c, you 80c, he has 4.29 left or something?..so 4.29 to invest into 1.40c...making you fold 3 out of 4 times would make his move profitable
if we assume, which we actually cant, you would play aa, ak, kq, jt etc. 2x cbehind in that situation every time...then:
you have aa 6 times, ak 12 times, kq 9 times
you have jt 16 times, axs flush 9 times or something and lower flushes about 12 times (if you play 86s-53s and 87s-54s too), boats+quads 10 times

so 74 hands you reraise for value, sometimes you might try to rebluff maybe
27 or these 74 are somewhat light raises, you prob woulda flat called normally, dont know..maybe due to his bet not looking like a blockbet - it looks more like a for semi much payoff hoping "late panic"-valuebet or bluffbet, id say
so..if he wants you to fold 3 out of 4 times..he needs to hope you call wth max 18 or 19 of these 74 hands, not considering the rebluff tries..
but 19 hands are all the boats and the nutflushes...
would you think he is able to calculate your river raising range and fold to reraisepush that fast that he is able to push instantly vs your reraise?
well, with some tracker possible, with quite a big samplesize vs you about river behaviour vs donkbet+push vs raise..
i doubt he would play that limit though if he is able to act on that level

fast pushing allin vs your raise after a fast panicbet in river, which gets raised - i think this might be so many more times a big monster than a light overplayed valuereraise with middle flushes or a straight with jt or sick rebluffs..that you might be able to fold profitable here

hah lol, that remembers me to a lately headsup in a 180 turbo..
my opponent checked the flop 644, me behind, turn 8 he bet, i call, river 8 he makes a fast high donkbet and i think and decide he is bluffing, he doesnt have the 4, neither the 8 and he is not that player who tries to let it look like a bluff with a hand like a6 in that spot, because a6 could be a profitable bluffcatcher (trying to induce a bluff with check/herocall or blockbetfake/herocall)
even though faking a bluff to induce a rebluff vs some players might be vs some players the most profitable line
well..i thought a while and then made a minimum reraise, he had still enough to play if folding, but if he pushes allin i had only very less to call
concerning he sorta fakes to have the 8 and likely not the 4 and he gets raised, he can only catch a rarely happening rebluff or light hero-valueraises
well..he pushes allin and i was like lol..still thinking he is bluffing but i couldnt call because i couldnt even beat a bluff...he then showed q6, which was the best hand, but due to his bad stats and the oversized river donkbet, im quite sure he was thinking he was bluffing and also thinking he is bluffing allin before he showed his q6...so yeah, this happens sometimes vs donkeys

Jurgen-NL

PostThu Nov 11, 2010 9:39 am

Mike Nike wrote:hah lol, that remembers me to a lately headsup in a 180 turbo..
my opponent checked the flop 644, me behind, turn 8 he bet, i call, river 8 he makes a fast high donkbet and i think and decide he is bluffing, he doesnt have the 4, neither the 8 and he is not that player who tries to let it look like a bluff with a hand like a6 in that spot, because a6 could be a profitable bluffcatcher (trying to induce a bluff with check/herocall or blockbetfake/herocall)
even though faking a bluff to induce a rebluff vs some players might be vs some players the most profitable line
well..i thought a while and then made a minimum reraise, he had still enough to play if folding, but if he pushes allin i had only very less to call
concerning he sorta fakes to have the 8 and likely not the 4 and he gets raised, he can only catch a rarely happening rebluff or light hero-valueraises
well..he pushes allin and i was like lol..still thinking he is bluffing but i couldnt call because i couldnt even beat a bluff...he then showed q6, which was the best hand, but due to his bad stats and the oversized river donkbet, im quite sure he was thinking he was bluffing and also thinking he is bluffing allin before he showed his q6...so yeah, this happens sometimes vs donkeys

let me guess your hand it must have been 3-2 3-7 2-7

Pingu

PostThu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am

It's really hard yeah.... But on lower limits weird shoves or overbets are 90% of the time the coconuts so.........

Pingu

PostFri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 pm

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1022796
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: $5.50
CO: $1.75
Hero (BTN): $5.30
SB: $5.61
BB: $1.75
UTG: $5.18
UTG+1: $2.68
UTG+2: $6.68
MP1: $3.74

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K :diamond: Q :diamond:
UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.22) T :diamond: J :heart: 9 :club: (4 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.75, BB folds, UTG calls $0.55, UTG+2 folds

Turn: ($1.92) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

River: ($4.32) 8 :heart: (2 players)
UTG bets $3.18 all in, Hero ?????????

vilaion 13/8/1.0 5.7 3 bet

38% cbet, 75% fold to cbet

Ik know i shoulda raised pre... and bet turn bigger i think.. Maybe if i did that it was already almoust all in on turn.. but seriously I keep getting into these gross spots, all the fishes hit miracles atm... went from -21 to break +2 this session lol..

Pingu

PostSat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 am

Ok i just figured out he MUST have had a set his PFR in EP was 3%
And VPIP in EP was 8%

So he had either 99 TT or very maybe JJ

I folded in the end, I think it was a good fold

Mike Nike

PostSat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm

@jurgen
it was 53s i think

Mike Nike

PostSun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

lol @jurgen
i got banned from chat for 1 month, when trying to help you in chat ;)

edit: imo deserved though..but 1 month is long hehe

Pingu

PostMon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 am

you only get 1 month if you had offences before, the first one is 3 hours i think. Btw from today till next sunday it's Rush Week on full tilt poker

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Nov 29, 2010 3:57 pm

how stupid :s 1 month chat ban for that moderators are asses :p

lost at 5555th spot in the TT with KJ vs AQ i was breaking down bit by bit wanted to cash that $78 badly but unlucky tournament for me had AK twice both times the better hand only i get sucked out once by 86 ..

Tijny

PostMon Nov 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:lost at 5555th spot in the TT with KJ vs AQ i was breaking down bit by bit wanted to cash that $78 badly but unlucky tournament for me had AK twice both times the better hand only i get sucked out once by 86 ..

Pingu

PostMon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:how stupid :s 1 month chat ban for that moderators are asses :p

lost at 5555th spot in the TT with KJ vs AQ i was breaking down bit by bit wanted to cash that $78 badly but unlucky tournament for me had AK twice both times the better hand only i get sucked out once by 86 ..

Unlucky, doesnt top 5k cash?

Jurgen-NL

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Pingu wrote:

Unlucky, doesnt top 5k cash?

Yup

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 01, 2010 5:21 am

actually..i was really wondering why it took them so long to ban me from chat again^^...because i was chatting quite disrespectful a lot of times when someone acted asocial (including: silly unprofitable bubble calls which cost both, pusher and caller, quite some dollars)

yeah, there might be some steps of 3 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or so..and it already nervs me if i cant chat for 1 hour, even if im 25+tabling

M3

PostFri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm not into poker but into sports betting. It's quite the same how you 'play' it. Good money management and surving the good and the bad streaks. There is now a contest to become tipster of the year, and i want to win that :)

So if you have facebook, just press the i like it button on my page and i say thank you very much!
Little effort to make me happy :wink:

Lexx

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh, just noticed this topic.
My name on PokerStars is LexxxxWinner.

I play cashgames, $0.10/$0.25, and I play the Dutch Gold Division [every day with about $1 buy-in].

Find me at the tables :D.

Pingu

PostTue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Isildir1 at stars now :twisted:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chat