PostWed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Isildir1?...

= Isildur + silcir?

You dont know isildur1 :shock: ? The hero of online poker lol

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Dec 08, 2010 6:46 pm

ehm..when i wrote "Isildir1?...= Isildur + silcir?" it kinda means i know Isildur and i was wondering if you did not remember his correct name or if it's just a typo - why else would i write "Isildur" then?
anyways..saw it today on stars too, the news..didnt quite expect this "move" by him...feels weird

Pingu

PostWed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Oops lmao, didnt even saw that typo before now :lol: Guess the i was to close to the u

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostThu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Mike Nike wrote:anyways..saw it today on stars too, the news..didnt quite expect this "move" by him...feels weird

why he has won millions by now online, joining ps pro team will just lock up his winnings and he can get sponsored / paid pretty big once he will reveal his identity

seems smart to me
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Pingu

PostThu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 pm

it's Viktor Blom anyway lol

kikiriki

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 am

Cool stuff, i actually play poker for a living for 2 years now. 10k short of reaching superova ;)

I think i played with pingu before. I definetly played with mikenikeinc,
probably a few hours ago... :lol:
Grinding 45 man's much?

sV.... :shock:

Pingu

PostTue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 am

When I played some 2/180's (lol donkaments) mikenikeinc was all over the place :x . I think we have enough turboslider players for a TS sng :) Shall I make one lol? Problem only is the time and if everyone can show up :oops: But would be cool :o

Mike Nike

PostTue Dec 14, 2010 1:44 pm

hey, nice to see you, sV :)...our spinner legend ;)
2 years for a living already? sweet..kinda same here
what means 10k short of reaching supernova? 10k vpp to less or what? back than i reached in 1st month of "getting pro" goldstar and in 2nd platinum - if i wouldnt have just played when having fun and time, grinding 38d 1 tables and 12d 180s would have made me supernova too i think...but ended up with only around 40-50k vpp in the first year

and yeah, i played the last 2 days a lot of 45mans...some 6.50d, most 12ds, some 27ds and already tested few less 38s, not worth to mention though...
anyways, my "fish study" (counting amount of average fishs/table in 1 2 5 and 20 table SNGs in 6.50 12 and 27d limits) made me think the 27d 45turbos might be the most profitable to grind for me, at the moment

last 2 days of sngs+some mtts went kinda nice..1800$...plus another 2000$ for the 3rd place in the strong field of the TLB Monthly Top1000 Tournament...i think SNGWizard might have shipped the 1st...i was 2nd a while, but trapped 3 times, let the pros bluff..but they sucked out each time^^..happens
so..whats your nick there - kikiriki? likely another, cause i cant remember that one and i make quite a lot of notes of players

@pingu
yeah, i kinda used to grind these 2d 180s quite a lot...probably mighta mentioned already that my first 1800 games went nicely with a 100% ROI, often 25-30 tabling many hours in a row..
unfortunately i messed up the ROI later...anyway, im likely sitll in some 2d limit sharkscope leaderboard lol
hah that makes me remind something - my probably personal poker quote of the year (which i spontaniously made up during a session while one of my poker buddies, also playing, was at the phone)... me: "lol, im playing 27 tables, but it feels like im just playing 20!"...and my buddy laughing+imitating: "yeah...im playing 100 tables, but it feels like im just playing 95"^^

about turbosliders players for some SNG - so far i used to have private tourneys at monday evening (still have a slight shot for an EPT ticket at the last playday...but missed 2 playdays, so my half season leading 1st place of a +-100 field is kinda messed up)

id be up for some sng, but my motivation is strangely kinda low though...
i feel actually more motivated to think about possibilities about sponsoring turbosliders - for example some turbo sliders xmas cup (sliders, not poker) with some...dont know...sponsored 100$, maybe 200$ or even more..depending on how much i earn in the next days...maybe in cooperation with some site to buy electronic stuff..dont know yet

not that sliders isnt already cool enough itself and somewhat "official" tournaments use to have some special adrenaline feeling when taking part at...but i can imagine that some players might like the idea to take part at some cup where they can win something (especially those who dont earn money by themselves yet)

in order to give chances to relative newbies too though, i think about some special cup, i planned some years ago already...it's some sort of cup based on maze-tracks and/or american gladiators type of tracks i designed conceptionally back then

but...im lazy and not very well practiced in actually creating turbosliders tracks, so i kinda hope, like usual, that other trackmakers could actually build these tracks (which would unfortunately mean though, that maybe the trackmaker wouldnt be able to take part).

in american gladiator track types the trackmaker might take part, maybe with some start delay or something

in maze track types (filled with a mix of invisible tunnels to go through walls, partly possible to find by solving some tasks)...there the trackmaker likely cant take part...

tasks would be: for example math questions...but i prefer things like: texts which show you hints combined with visible objects...example: "what would indiana jones do?" followed by a track ending with a river to fall into - except you drive over the invisible bridge in order to reach the other side of the river

kikiriki

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 1:49 am

Congatz on the nice scores!!
Yea, monthly TLB is a pretty reg filled tourney, 3rd place is great!
I almost never played it though, still have more than 10 unused tickets :roll:

Now i just need around 8.3k VPP's more for supernova ;)
I started playing 6/12$ 45 mans 2 weaks ago just for vpp purposes and of course i make mistakes, due to playing high :oops: up to 40 tables, 300 tourneys a day, mixing mtts, 45 and 180 mans and just wanting to reach supernova asap so i can finally go on vacation with my gf, i still made around 1500$ in 2k games. But my roi is around 8 so that feels kinda sucky,,,
I'v been running very bad this month in 180 mans so 45 mans kinda "cushion the blow" the downswings arent nearly as brutal as in 180 mans.

Any tips on playing the final tables? Im kinda lost sometimes with average stacks so shallow - and have a dillema of following the wizard's suggetsions of keep folding or just shoving any crap to at least get through the blinds...

Next year if i won't have much money pressure, i ll probably switch almost entirely to mtt's. I'm getting fed up with sng's :shock:

Im also looking forward for some xbumpzzz matches if you re still up for it :D

So what's in your notes about Ventilatorrr? :P

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 am

uuuuuh jesus! :D...<- that was my reaction when reading your nick (because i certainly remember it)
ill go check my notes on this pc, but im relative sure i have notes on you on both other pcs i used

my note on this pc:

"
u
hidden

no mover bubble vs 2nd big ep mr
hu 10bb longpush q8 i hc k8
"

translated that means:

u -> unsearchable (hide from search feature)..i use to write down how many tables people play at the same time...

hidden -> hidden stats from offial poker rankings

no mover bubble vs 2nd big ep mr -> you didnt move your bigstack allin vs my slightly less bigstack when i minraised in early position...some players kinda shove pretty light as bigstack on midstacks limps or minimum opens

hu 10bb longpush q8 i hc k8 -> headsup 10bigblinds you pushed q8offsuit after waiting long - which i herocalled with k8o (i remember that hand from today lol, i won that one...might have been a 12d or 27d 45man i think)

tips for final tables: depends which you mean, 45 or 180...either way, you should know who are pros at the table and who are the fishes, i use to track them on OPR...some fishs are ICM donks, some not...hard to find out sometimes...for example..if there are 4 players, 2 shorties, you 20bb in sb and a 10bb stack in the biglbind (a fish who doesnt understand icm), shoving any2 into him might probably not be the best...they "play to win bla..."...they say "i knew you were bluffing bla" not knowing that they burn their money and your money at the same time with some of there so great herocalls

oh well...and try to find out who is "activating fold" before it is his turn...- vs these guys you wont need to pressure-push as bigstack and can minraise them into folds often enough

and..the sng wizard, ive tested that tool but didnt like it that much...
i prefer to use http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/ ... lator.html a lot - unfortunately you can only put there a "last 6 players"-situation in maximum (5 payoffs)...

so with 6 players you gotta insert into "structure":
0.413223140495868,0.256198347107438,0.173553719008264,0.107438016528926,0.04958677685950410
(calculated that in excel)
sometimes you may call lighter in order to get bigstack (as bigstack you can steal then a few times - worth some slightly -ev spots) - if you fold, you get shorter as midstack or 2nd/3rd shortstack and keep on folding and end up being the shortest player, because the shorty doubled up - that sucks^^
and as 2nd bigstack or something you might sometimes push lighter into the bigstack and risk to bubble - which is ugly when it happens, but it feels like worth the shot, because you may not let a pro get that big of a stack that he is able to valuecall vs your openpushes - because then you could not push so often anymore...and if you light push some hands in order to get bigstack - then you soon reach the point where you can profitable shove something like 50-100% of your hands in nearly any position

oh and xbumpz ...yeah, i liked the times with the very old version by kobradog :)..sitll my favourite
oh and..hey, i think you have used that nick in turbosliders too some times, right? maybe even some laprecord^^

oh btw:
http://sheepishmo.blogspot.com/
lol, "im getting close to supernova now, needing 8400vpps for the rest of the month. i really cant wait to get these vpps so i can go on holidays/party for a few weeks." - just like you^^

kikiriki

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Excellent points! Especially about getting the big stack. I might have been to tight when making calls against biggies...

Q: How do you play like a 2-3-4 bbs stack and some nit is in the btn with 500 chips when blinds are at 1000/2000, lets say with 7 players left. And you know hes gonna be folding alot. But your stack gets below a sb if you go through the blinds and wait the shortie out. Blah not loving these situations :D

The timing tell heads up is probably just from multitabling though :)

I was thinking about this sometime ago. Because of multitabling, i cant get to a certain table that fast, and when i finaly push after maybe timebanking people call me down lighter. :lol:

I used to look at my stats on OPR, but decided i dont want to give any unnecessary info away when start with the 45 mans 8)

I have similar note system like you: bmrf (raise/fold with bad m), d, cs,...
but cant do it when playing alot of tables, also it gets boring :P

Check this out: http://www.pokerprolabs.com/tournament_shark/
It saves you alot of time, so you dont have to opr people. And the search is very customizable, like here http://www.pokerprolabs.com/topsharkpro

I have it off most of the time though, it doesnt get along with HM and TN very well, when playing more than 10 tables... It should be very helpful next year, when ill play less.

Thats really funny about the sheepishmo. i didnt know who he was until 2 weaks ago. It seems supernova might not be worth all the trouble :lol:

See ya at the tables!
Make sure you dont push too wide on me, cause i'll make a bad call :wink: :

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 2:05 pm

bubble situation and a newbie lets himself blind out - yeah, i hate that too^^
i hate it more though if i go through blinds and am crippled and maybe bust 7th anyway due to some valuecall in the bigblinds...or the shorty doubles up and i have to push my 1bb stack after i tried to let him bust first...
in some few occasions i still fold through the blinds though - like if my hands are total 82o crap...

@the q8 longpush
yeah, the timing tell is often just due to multitabling - thats right...sometimes i even skip some light pushes just because i waited too long due to multitabling because i fear i get some light snapcall
anyway though - if you see your opponent acting relative fast in headsup often enough, its likely he is down to less tables and/or concentrating on the headsup...
especially easy are those calls vs "new nash pushers" or those who use SAGE or whatever...when they are about to do some light pushes and try to calculate if they are able to shove their J7 or Q6 or 74s allin now with their 8 bigblinds or not etc. (and in best case they just play only 1 or very less tables) - of course sometimes you just run into a strong hand, where they just thought long because they did not know how to play it

@not giving information away
basicly a good idea, i think..i dont want opponents to know when im just down to few tables or play 15+ tables
good players 1 tabling do more crazy heromoves / play lighter etc.
good players 15+ tabling you know they play more ABC
either way though, people with "hidden" information on OPR are usually good players who played long enough, so vs the pros i dont think you can hide anything seriously there...either way, there is pokerprolabs and sharkscope ..for the case of the case (though some hide from every site hehe)

@note system
yeah..that "cs" i write a lot too lol...
in the 2d 180s i use to NIT-fold in blinds 20, 30, 50 lot of Ax on the button, smallblind and in bb vs sb raises and my postflop line is like check/fold weak toppair or any oesd or flushdraw vs something close to potbets, even sometimes vs less...so basicly such a sick uber-NIT-game...that i actually "donkbet" or bluff only 1 or 2 times out of 300 tournaments at a day
and then it's like: "oh yeah donkey, i bluff in this situation 1 out of 100 times, but your great bottompair call vs my checkraise and double barrel was worth it!"...but oh well

@pokerprolabs
actually searching on labs (max 10 searches a day when logged in) costs me more time, though i have it open in my sessions...but i have OPR as standalone firefox window at right bottom corner - it just sucks when it needs to load so long sometimes

@HM&TN
HM i mighta tried only shortly, TN i tried...and was not bad, but i dont have the full version
in the 2d 180s i used to play with AHK scripts (timeouthelper and stars hotkey, playing in my wheelchair relaxed with 10 keys on the gamepad, just like a video game lol...+ listening to radio)
i bought the pokertracker in addition half year ago or earlier...outplaying regs in cashgames was fun and playing in tournaments was sweet, so you could see faster who to push light and who not...but my pc is/was too slow, so no 20+ tabling with stats without monster-lags, unfortunately

@supernova
yeah, not sure if its even worth all the trouble^^

@shoving range
well, i even shove tighter than nash (as shorty in late position for example or if 1-4bb stacks are around) - sometimes, on accident, i shove lighter when having more than 4 M...then its like "oops, accident light push - please no call, please no call!"^^...well and of course some shorty 1-3 M shoves, especially the utg gamble shoves...though ive seen me tight folding there a bit too often again lately

edit:
i got 1 more note on another pc on you:
you shoved 13bb allin with 55 in early position bb 50/100 and got lucky vs my AKo^^
well..with 9 players nash you might shove something like 99+,ATs+,AQo+,KQs,QJs...or maybe TT+,AQo+,KJs only....
55 though is kinda way too loose imo...
anyway, with 1-2 donkeys behind who call with AT+ and Ax suited sometimes shoving QJs and KJs might be a fold sometimes
on the other hand, with donkeys behind, i sometimes push looser and add 88 into my early position 13-15bb stack openpushing range, in rare occasions even 77...but hardly ever 66 or less

check this:
http://www.holdemresources.net/hr/sngs/ ... 00&s9=1300

Jurgen-NL

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 10:35 am

after not playing for a few weeks you think lets give it a go and then...

more bullcrap really if i didnt have this every time i would be f*** rich allready

PokerStars Game #54656713237: Tournament #342662863, $24.50+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (20/40) - 2010/12/22 11:29:56 CET [2010/12/22 5:29:56 ET]
Table '342662863 9' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: halengoil (3000 in chips)
Seat 2: loaded69 (3000 in chips)
Seat 3: StepingRazor (3000 in chips)
Seat 4: basil86 (3000 in chips)
Seat 5: The CooI (3000 in chips)
Seat 6: 92tram (3000 in chips)
Seat 7: bigjoint85 (3000 in chips)
Seat 8: evgeniyzhur (3000 in chips)
Seat 9: Prohorse3 (3000 in chips)
halengoil: posts the ante 10
loaded69: posts the ante 10
StepingRazor: posts the ante 10
basil86: posts the ante 10
The CooI: posts the ante 10
92tram: posts the ante 10
bigjoint85: posts the ante 10
evgeniyzhur: posts the ante 10
Prohorse3: posts the ante 10
loaded69: posts small blind 20
StepingRazor: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Prohorse3 [Ac Ah]
basil86: folds
The CooI: raises 40 to 80
92tram: folds
bigjoint85: calls 80
evgeniyzhur: raises 2910 to 2990 and is all-in
Prohorse3: calls 2990 and is all-in
halengoil: folds
loaded69: folds
StepingRazor: calls 2950 and is all-in
The CooI: folds
bigjoint85: calls 2910 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [Jh Qd 5d]
*** TURN *** [Jh Qd 5d] [4d]
The CooI said, "nice shove 99"
*** RIVER *** [Jh Qd 5d 4d] [Qh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
StepingRazor: shows [8h 8c] (two pair, Queens and Eights)
bigjoint85: shows [Qc Tc] (three of a kind, Queens)
evgeniyzhur: shows [9c 9d] (two pair, Queens and Nines)
Prohorse3: shows [Ac Ah] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
The CooI said, "youre good at poker"
bigjoint85 collected 12150 from pot
StepingRazor finished the tournament in 203rd place
evgeniyzhur finished the tournament in 203rd place
Prohorse3 finished the tournament in 203rd place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 12150 | Rake 0
Board [Jh Qd 5d 4d Qh]
Seat 1: halengoil (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: loaded69 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: StepingRazor (big blind) showed [8h 8c] and lost with two pair, Queens and Eights
Seat 4: basil86 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: The CooI folded before Flop
Seat 6: 92tram folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: bigjoint85 showed [Qc Tc] and won (12150) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 8: evgeniyzhur showed [9c 9d] and lost with two pair, Queens and Nines
Seat 9: Prohorse3 showed [Ac Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and Queens

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 9:28 pm

hehe..yesterday or so i also got preflop with AA 3 players in 10/20 allin (tt,qq and JTo) in 12$ 45man i think..kinda weird...JTo wins of course but wayne

latest funniest herocall i got was: battle of the blinds 25/50 1500 stack both, i push sb allin with 88, bb instant calls with 62s ^^...flop T62 ..i bust..but it was just a 2.20$ 180man one - i wasnt even getting upset, i was laughing about the horrible call and even more about the suckout^^

by the way, today i bumped over this:
http://www.daleroxxu.co.uk/2010/05/49-p ... al-on.html

already a while ago, but was nice to read...well, not that nice actually^^

Pingu

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Yeah heard about those cheating-rings, now only 1 chinese is allowed to play per 1 table lol :D

Today I had a 1 outer cooler to... I raised AK pre... i get 1 caller flop KK7 i bet he call. Turn 8 , I bet he call, River A, he donkbets the pot, I think KAACHINGG and shove, he calls and shows AA, Lmfao :lol:

Jurgen-NL

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Mike Nike wrote: i wasnt even getting upset, i was laughing about the horrible call and even more about the suckout^^

I cant laugh anymore about this i know i am a decent profitable player - but either donks or variance is taking my pleasure away from the game,

And playing with people who have 6 digit numbers in their account, play as if it is play money which with the 1000 reload i can turn 1000 into millions of play money within the week,
Which is what the rich people do in the real money games which kinda kills the skill factor in the game.

Mike Nike

PostThu Dec 23, 2010 2:41 am

well..when i played the tlb monthly it felt like the first time since a long while i played in a field where you respect everyones skills and moves - i didnt even remember that i made it 16th of 800+ in that tourney a few months ago already.
anyway, creating optimal strategies vs every type of player in any type of situation is quite a nice challenge - especially the part in taking care of bet timing.
even if there is a downswing once in a while, improving the instincts and making perfect reads is quite satisfying (example: K3o+flushdraw read in headsup by 1st instinct in turn call; or: reducing flop range of a donkbet of a fish to toppair+2pair... during turn to rag toppair and in river to caught 2pair (Q3o on QJxT3); or smelling a regulars semi light open shove with ~3M on the hijack while putting him on K6o-K9o due to the time he needed to shove (he had K9o), instant isolating with KJo on the cutoff)
unfortunately a friend needed some money to gamble and took it from my account (he had my pw and permission) and im somewhat forced to go down in limits again :S
oh and lol, i missed to qualify to the EPT again lately in a tournament, where 1st place of 60 woulda meant a +-5k euro ticket and i messed up the chiplead at the FT vs a maniac and losing KK+flushdraw vs a flushdrawless gutshot straight draw (3outer)^^...still won a 1k euro ticket for an event though

Mike Nike

PostFri Dec 24, 2010 7:09 am

@sV
lol...caught your utg 6bb+ openshove today, sV...J2o so so^^...well, 2.5 M, utg+1...the actual last position where you could actually get credit maybe ;), probably more profitable than waiting 1 more hand and shoving 80%+ utg where your credit is way lower
anyway..pretty fishy these 6.50 45man, 171 tourneys today, 46% ROI, satisfied but could still be better...
and i almost made a christmas present to me by going deep in the 40k garanteed 3$ rebuy...dont know how many players, 5000 maybe...last 24 players the biggest fish at the table raises button 3bb, i semifast reraise to 6bb as 18bb stack - i thought about it later: there is only one hand i play like this vs fishy players 3bb raising on the button where im not sure of their 3bb button raise/c raise/f raise/push range...-> aces
fish calls J4s, flop J49, bye bye 1600k chips pot (in fact only about 1k$ worth in equity, that pot and not 3k$, maybe...since 1st place got only 6,6k$ and 6th or 7th started with 1k$ payoff...still ugly donkeyjoke once again considering there is no hand he actually had the odds to call with - if it would be at least JJ or 99 it wouldnt be that horrible^^...oh man...and still no new computer

kikiriki

PostFri Dec 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Mike Nike wrote:
i got 1 more note on another pc on you:
you shoved 13bb allin with 55 in early position bb 50/100 and got lucky vs my AKo^^
well..with 9 players nash you might shove something like 99+,ATs+,AQo+,KQs,QJs...or maybe TT+,AQo+,KJs only....
55 though is kinda way too loose imo...

It depends if there are antes, and how loose the players will call me.
If you fold 66-99 to my utg shove, that certainly improves the profitability of the shove.
I don't like the predetermined shoving ranges like nash....... It isn't optimal.
But to be honest i do make too loose shoves sometimes. When i got 40 tables waiting my action, i might shove j2 with 40 BBS utg :lol:

"@sV
lol...caught your utg 6bb+ openshove today, sV...J2o so so^^...well, 2.5 M, utg+1...the actual last position where you could actually get credit maybe Wink, probably more profitable than waiting 1 more hand and shoving 80%+ utg where your credit is way lower "

Well you had AJ, so the call was obvious. But everyone at the table would probably fold lower aces, low pairs, broadway cards to my shove, especially at the finaly table "bubble"...

You knocked me out twice in 10th place you bastard, we should be colliding :lol:

Played 600 tourneys yesterday..... -2% ROI but i dont give a frak. Now im finally supernova and im done with the 45 mans. There is ALOT less money in them than in 180 mans, you just get VPP's faster...

But from now on im probably playing mostly big tourneys, i dont want to make so many mistakes because of masstabling anymore and i really like to give all the attention to one tourney.

WANNA PLAY SOME XBUMPZ in the next few days?!!!!!!!! :D

Mike Nike

PostFri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Played 600 tourneys yesterday..... -2% ROI but i dont give a frak. Now im finally supernova and im done with the 45 mans. There is ALOT less money in them than in 180 mans, you just get VPP's faster...

But from now on im probably playing mostly big tourneys, i dont want to make so many mistakes because of masstabling anymore and i really like to give all the attention to one tourney.

WANNA PLAY SOME XBUMPZ in the next few days?!!!!!!!! :D

600 is quite a lot :D...but ive seen the 6.50 45man ones start a lot...Sheepish_mo played +-400 i think
but yeah, something like 8-10 tables only, with more concentration, makes more fun, i agree

but gotta play some more week(s) to be able to buy a new computer for me (i kinda helped a friend buying a new one, first)...no turbosliders for me possible until then :[

heh..and i saw you cutoff limping aces (getting cracked) as shorty at blinds 200 400, i fold 33 putting you on obvious AA (flop T3x)^^...or folded AKo vs your utg bb 100 200 (+ante) raise to 480 as 10-13bb stack (which were KK the last time, didnt know what you had in that hand, but my range in that spot would crush AKo bigtime, so does your range there, i expected)

kikiriki

PostSat Dec 25, 2010 2:36 am

Mike Nike wrote:and i saw you cutoff limping aces (getting cracked) as shorty at blinds 200 400, i fold 33 putting you on obvious AA (flop T3x)^^...or folded AKo vs your utg bb 100 200 (+ante) raise to 480 as 10-13bb stack (which were KK the last time, didnt know what you had in that hand, but my range in that spot would crush AKo bigtime, so does your range there, i expected)

rofl yea, if there are alot of regs at the table im shoving aces, kings, if just one or two im limping or making the obv small raise with the short stack.

I open folded queens quite a few times now when certain regs made this play.
Even at the starting blind levels when a nit raises in ep you can open fold qq, the HUD can be very useful in very specific spots.

I'm probably gonna start raise/stealing against regs with that kind of stack with crappy hands, when i know that ill get too much credit ;)

Mike Nike

PostSat Dec 25, 2010 8:22 am

well, qq i call for setvalue vs regs early position raises...and some less times AK too, if some fish is in the hand, which i dont want the reg to get...unfortunately, like today, i loose payed of a regs flopped quads due to that (JxJAy board)..unnecessary loose lookup

but yeah, i openshove monsters in spots with only regs behind too and if only few fish is behind or some nonadjusting regs who light shove Ax suited/any pair vs open limps vs >=8 bb stacks then im up for the QQ/AK limp too

and i kinda started to experience with the minraise monster fake traps again as shorty...but then again some sort of selfcommitraises are obvious ones to the regs
sweet is though, you can sometimes win the pot with crap as 3-4 bb stack utg minraising, getting a call by a fish with JT-KQ and push the ace on flop and he folds ;)
..hmm 90 tourneys almost 90% ROI today, getting luckier^^...but lol, last table 12d 45man last 5 players i instantpush utg bigstack 600/1200 KQs 20k and the only non-fish at the table loose calls me as 15k midbigstack in the smallblind and i end up busting 5th :(
sometimes even regs make strange icm calls (wouldnt icmpush instant so light into 3 fishes)

Pingu

PostSat Dec 25, 2010 10:38 am

If you open fold QQ to standard open raise in the early stages? Then he has to have a like a 2% PFR lol? only KK and AA crushes you and you flip with AK

kikiriki

PostSat Dec 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Yea, HM HUD can tell you that. Just a few days ago i had a guy with 3/1 VPIP/PFR stats over 1.5k hands and he was in ep so the fold was clear.
If he raises 4x at 15/30 your setmining odds are getting worse with a 1500 chip stack. And if you flat with TT-QQ you often can't get away from the hand on a raggedy flop like 926,... so your odds arent as great as it seems.

Stopngo is also useful, when your in the blinds with a shallow stack like 5-10 bbs and have no fold equity, especially with pocket pairs. Then you push with 44 on a TA5 flop and the guy will fold 77, KT,... :DDD
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chat