Chat about anything. Non-TS related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

Punaball Styles

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Talking about the way people play PB in IRC, something cool came out.. feel free to add yours :P

Code: Select all
Wolly-style : no position, 1.7 zoom on 14” screen

Jan-style : bw defense when other team is still in their own goal with the ball

olio-style : hits everything in attack, misses everything in defense

Badeend-style : go random full speed, hit the ball every now and then and ... BOOOM.. it's goal!

dede-style: score 10 luck goals in 1 game

Fama-style : making 10 tricks/game is more important than sk0ring 10 goals/game

Tijny-style: go for impossible cannonballs with 3% success rate with a 40% chance of other team scoring

xzeal-style : drink a beer to get ready for pb, drink a beer after every goal sk0red by opponents, so that if they reach 10 goals, he got the excuse that he's drunk

popo-style : lose 99% of all his games and still believe he's a top player

popo-style v2: SEC, brb

RSX-style : change nick every week for 3 years and tell he's just a new talented player; then after 3 years, change sex and do the same..

whiplash-style : play punaball dreaming that it was some full contact race with centralized statistics, head to head ranking and fastest-lap-counts competition

Matti-style :

magico-style: keep asking for rematches until opponents get so bored it becomes a close game

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

Re: Punaball Styles

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 pm

dede wrote:Talking about the way people play PB in IRC, something cool came out.. feel free to add yours :P

popo-style : lose 99% of all his games and still believe he's a top player

popo-style v2: SEC, brb

ahuehauehahuehahuehahheuahehuah lmfao

Lost_KiLler

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 am

Really good stuff there dede :D

Well i'll add mine, i think everyone agrees with this one as well:
Lost_KiLler, Sarangheyo style : Cmoooon, lets go, focus,cmoooooooon :lol:

Hard to believe but sometimes i do say those things to myself while writing ( sick stuff i know :oops: :lol:) , but i got this habit shouting those things when playing tennis or playing poker in live tournaments :D

Tijny

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 am

Mike Nike style: "and then if i had steered 0.07x sec earlier, i could have maybe dribbled the blue car and have a 58.2% probability of scoring..."

Palo style: win every game he ever plays despite lack of speed, special moves and emotions

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 am

haha, i like it :)
true and funnier than the one i was thinking of.
and especially the matti-style line as well :D

hmm..let me analyse my style..
while in the past, when i had way better reactions in defence, when i also had a longer phase of hitting a lot of tough shots actually really "as planned", i also had to fight with more warps and felt like a victim of being dribbled out sometimes too easily due to them and lol im kinda sure i usually let the players know i had warps.

nowadays i have less warps in average, but i miss more balls, so the result for the defence part kinda stayed. but i suck in hitting tough shots when attacking (ok, i might do that if id play more, maybe). and i actually attack way less in 2vs2 and keep driving those safety defence lines (still) a bit too paranoid maybe. but when you let the backdoor open, the goal is gonna fall -.- ;D

hmm..for some reason id have fun to catagolize pb-moves and teamplay-skills again..and rank players, anyone up for that? argh, i hope the pb-fever doesnt hit me now..

dede

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Mike Nike wrote:hmm..let me analyse my style..
while in the past, when i had way better reactions in defence, when i also had a longer phase of hitting a lot of tough shots actually really "as planned", i also had to fight with more warps and felt like a victim of being dribbled out sometimes too easily due to them and lol im kinda sure i usually let the players know i had warps.

nowadays i have less warps in average, but i miss more balls, so the result for the defence part kinda stayed. but i suck in hitting tough shots when attacking (ok, i might do that if id play more, maybe). and i actually attack way less in 2vs2 and keep driving those safety defence lines (still) a bit too paranoid maybe. but when you let the backdoor open, the goal is gonna fall -.- ;D

So, basically, we can summarize as follows:
-48.87% warps
+52.31% missed balls
+88.40% safety car

Hehe, nice ones Lost&Tijny, I liked them.

I would love to know if Matti agrees on his own style or not. :D

Whiplash

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Matti can't agree even in theory.

Fama

Community User Level: 2

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Stealth Style - Every game is another hausheusheushuehasuehusheuahsuehsushauhsuehauashuehasusheushuaheushsuehsh virus, sometimes with a mix of capitals and lowercase.
Last edited by Fama on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pingu

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Lol some really good ones.

StealthBD

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Ana: Crabs, th3quhrgcv9ihsofswjfirit (raging), when will you send me your naked fotos on the boat?

Special Ability: Provocative Charisma

Trainer Performance Review: Ana is an average player. She do miracles when well positioned, she is really fun to be around it because she likes to spicen the games up with her exquisite conversations. She is really special for us since she is the first woman to join the Turbo Sliders community and survived the moronic behavior of an all male society till this day. Cheers for her bravery and unrelenting perserverance.

Whiplash

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm

StealthBD wrote:Trainer Performance Review: Ana is an average player. She do miracles when well positioned, she is really fun to be around it because she likes to spicen the games up with her exquisite conversations. She is really special for us since she is the first woman to join the Turbo Sliders community and survived the moronic behavior of an all male society till this day. Cheers for her bravery and unrelenting perserverance.

Oh, this shit is nice idea and must be official.
Man, I would like to have these kind of reviews for all TS players on the homepage tab that could be called like "about players" or "reviews of players". Sure, it should be written in this style (frivolous but truthful). I'm obligating you to to it Stealth! :)

dede

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Since new info came, gotta update:

whiplash-style : play punaball dreaming that it was some full contact race with centralized statistics, head to head ranking and fastest-lap-counts competition; every player must have a trainer and get a review on the centralized site; before each game all players national anthems will be played to their full length!

Fama

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:37 pm

If that could be possible in some kind of international puna event, it would be orgasmic(i imagine palo singing finland anthem almost crying) oO epic moment.

Fama

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 am

Dide Style - Retrieving data...Connection Lost near Congo/Tanzania.

Fama

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 am

I think it would be a great idea(not sure if its possible though) to show team line ups before the game(In Cup events only) and also to appear the score for 5 seconds every 10 minutes +/- marked in the field.

Another thing that would be nice to include is some random background sounds of football atmosphere (you could disable it if you want)

Oh wait, I had a weird dream...

Tijny

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 am

Famagusta$ wrote:Another thing that would be nice to include is some random background sounds of football atmosphere (you could disable it if you want)

Yah, I would love to hear the crowd sing things like "popo when will you admit, that your play am total shit?" or "what's up with dede's major luck, this game seems rigged as f***!"
Good idea, I like!

Fama

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 am

Haha I know you're being sarcastic but I support your idea: It could be nice to hear something different in the game...with a background major god voice:"where the f*** is dide" or after you score a goal you'd hear:"easy","outstanding", or
"Tijny is on a scoring spree"; after a 5-0 game a voice would come out "seems 10-0" etc etc. Not sure if that's even possible lol but would be funny to hear different sounds than those we usually hear.

Mike Nike

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm

hehe, reminds me to..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4VmVwd24c

1 - Play
2 - First Score
3 - Perfect
4 - Double Score
5 - Triple Score/Hattrick
6 - Humilation
7 - Own Goal
8 - Luckshot
9 - Rampage
10 - Scoring Spree
11 - Impressive
12 - Unstoppable
13 - Monster Score
14 - Multi Score

16 - Wicked Sick
17 - Ultra Score
18 - Dominating
19 - Holy Shit

21 - Godlike

Fama

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Those Quake sounds as bg sounds would be awesome! "Dominating", "Monster goal" instead of monster kill, after a 10-0 would come out a "godlike"; after a cannon ball "holy shit..."; after a major team move: "Combo whore..."; "unstoppable" after 6+ goals; and add some sounds with the same voice like "Major", "Rapeth!", "easy", "Seems over"...

Is this possible? We could change that voice though, more friendly, that voice is nice but evil...

Dide Dide

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Lol funny, i dont know how the game as it is can that be implemented :D
Hmmm , thinking again, the objects like the ball and cars have sounds :D
Maybe i am dreaming but if the game could select not only 1 sound for each action but many could be great :D

OR Based on IRC

Well, the IRC has some delay to read the log's so a real time sounds based on commands are out of choice unless i am missing something :D
Since there is a Score after each goal :D could be splitted that message/string into pieces so the game/IRC(T Thing) could compare it like with some conditions :D
If( GoalsA-GoalsB > 9) output voice/ text : Major Rapeth!!!!!!!!!! Seems Noobed :D
else
if( GoalsA-GoalsB> 5) output voice/ text : UAEuhauhauhauae f*** Yea We noobed:D
if the message has this piece "Disconnected" can even output
"Fix that Net, tsk morons or One has left our world "
-------------- This could be replaced with fun messages :D Selected from a pack of messages for action. Basically an array of it :D
if is 1-0
GOALLLLL!!!! A Pathetic start from Team 2

This could be implemented in IRC or any other way i dont know lol

Fama

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

I suggest quake's keywords, with a different voice or something similar to that :D

Return to Off-Topic Chat