It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Speedway Sliders

Advertise websites, games, projects, etc. HERE.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Lofty

Speedway Sliders

PostTue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey guys.

I know you guys have heard about britishspeedwaysliders.com, Well we a couple of us have decided to start our own league, It will be alot more fun than .com, Take alook and see what you guys think :)

http://www.britishspeedwaysliders.co.uk

If some of you guys decide to join please read the Welcome messages and all that :D

Have Fun :)

dede

Community User Level: 5

Re: Speedway Sliders

PostTue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Lofty wrote:It will be alot more fun than .com

I wonder if I'll get banned there too, and all my posts deleted, as in the .com website.

Good luck with the website, maybe some link to TurboSliders.com and info about the game would be needed.

Lofty

PostTue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm

dede wrote:

I wonder if I'll get banned there too, and all my posts deleted, as in the .com website.

Good luck with the website, maybe some link to TurboSliders.com and info about the game would be needed.

No, you will not get banned as there are different people running it.
We are not as strict as The moderators on .com :)

Etana

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 am

dede wrote:

Heh, just out of curiosity. What kind of comments did you post dede?

dede

PostTue Oct 28, 2008 7:09 am

Etana wrote:Heh, just out of curiosity. What kind of comments did you post dede?

It's quite complicate. The first time I went there (about 1 year ago) to tell players the game was illegal, since there was no info at all about that. I wouldn't like myself to play a game without knowing that it's illegal. So I posted some info about the legal game and I informed them I was also going to report the website to Ande (and I saved some IP addresses & other data of most active players and forum authors).
That's when I've got banned. Quite much as expected, since they confirmed they knew it was a cracked game, and they probably cracked it themselves.

After 2.0.0 beta has been released, and STS mod as well, I went there again to advise players it was an illegal game, and to move to the original turbo sliders. My post got deleted, and after some time they contacted me saying they were going to create a new mod about STS, because they had issues with the Polish community.
Later I commented a topic about Turbo Sliders 2.0.0:

Spook wrote:The thing that we always wanted has happened, 4 at the gate :D

We are proud to announce a new version of the game called simply ‘STS’, or the ‘STS mod’ the links to it can be found at the end of this post. First of all we need to start at the beginning and give credit where credit is due.

Antti Mannisto the creator of Turbo Sliders announced in mid August that a new demo version of Turbo Sliders would be created following a relatively long spell of inactivity. The demo this time would be unlocked for network play and tracks, and would embrace the mods that people like to play….. ie people like us. Not only that but the new features also had modding in mind.

To say that this is a pretty astonishing step for Antti to take as far as the STS community is concerned would be an understatement. Lesser men would take a far different route to the one he has taken, and it seems his approach is based far more on trust and giving to receive, but we will come back to that.

The first beta version of the demo was released 3 weeks ago. With modding encouraged we immediately set about creating what would be our new version and incorporating many things that we already had prepared for this kind of an event. We are not at all exaggerating when we say that this has been worked on night and day for 3 full weeks. Guys have been putting in 16 hour days on it daily to make sure that we can all have the benefits that this provides as soon as possible while also delivering a quality product as always. As such we cannot expect for it to be perfect yet and like the TS demo this is also at the beta stage with a view to it turning ‘alpha’ once all the issues have been snagged.

So anyway onto the stuff you want to hear about…. The features :D

One of the accommodations that Antti has made for the TS community is for custom grid positions. It seems we weren’t the only ones needing different grid placements. So we have made 4 at the gate, we also have 5 at the gate, and 6! (even at Hull, Rye and Brighton!) In fact we have used the usual 15 trk files to provide 15 different gate formations, from v2 stylee, to sensible 4 at the gate, to the most ridiculous formations that no doubt Ady will enjoy!

We also now benefit from Battle and Xbumpz which have been features on the last couple of TS versions. In short these are paintball and sumo and a whole load of fun. We have included several extra TS made arenas for this along with a few new Punaball arenas notably including basketball which does include a jumping bike and ball! And Pit Ice Hockey where the walls cause damage and your fuel runs out.

For this version we also tackled the bike options. We now have 9 bikes of which includes 7 new bikes. As with our development we wanted to bring in some reality. So after keeping the Eso and Jawa 889, we looked at the other bikes, their performance, their naming, their actual history……….. and decided to start from scratch. For the record there is no such thing as an 86 or 90 and the Mk 2000 was not around in those years. So we now have starting from the oldest bikes and working upwards; Jap 500, Eso, Weslake MkV, GM SP, Godden Max, Jawa 898, TRick Penske, GM Mk2000, and Jawa 889

As you can see we have introduced the TRick Penske amongst others and this is to give the 889 some competition, which the GM Mk2000 will also bring. The intention is to add bike choice to track knowledge as important tools for winning races. We are also hoping that the nature of the Mk2000 will make some of those tracks that have developed one dominant line to open up to at least two lines again.

We also took the time to correct the control points on the polish made tracks. There shouldnt be any 5 lappers happening now.

Despite continual best efforts taking place in development we were never intending to release a track patch at this time and that is yet to come. However we have decided to add two new tracks for this version, Birmingham and Daugavpils. Both should produce some cracking racing and Joe and Mav should be proud.

We have worked hard at giving the sts side of things a face lift and have included things like the glorious splash screens, a couple of new ingame sounds, and new music, but ultimately once again the plaudits go to Antti for the following:

We now have an added random start option to burn out those clutches, and test those lightening gaters rather than the best counters.

Tracks can be selected multiple times by holding the shift key down while clicking on them

Game engine improvements have been made involving smoother network play which in testing really has resulted in less lag and pings. And also more exact record keeping, ie the correct time when someone went over the line. This will result in the archiving of all old track records and we will start all over again.

So all in all this is a pretty momentus moment for us for lots of reasons and there are lots of people to thank for this. Development as a whole work very hard to give us a slice of realism, in a game which is actually quite difficult to do so. The people involved in the creation of this version worked extremely hard and can be proud of the results. And last but far from least Antti Mannisto has provided us with all the features that we needed and will ever need and deserves not only a big cyber round of applause but also the consideration of everyone to perhaps start repaying him with the purchase of a license. If you don’t have a license and have played this game far more than you ever played your PS3/Xbox/Wii £40 games then maybe it is time you bought one to say thanks?

So here are your links:

Turbo Sliders Demo beta
Our Mod installs into the filing system of this so you do need to install it
http://www.2shared.com/file/4017193/361 ... 00rc3.html
Just install to the default location and there will be no issues

STS Mod beta Installation 1
Because of the accumulation of tracks and arenas over time we have had to break our mod installation down into manageable chunks.
http://www.2shared.com/file/3988363/5de ... ion_1.html

STS Mod beta Installation 2
http://www.2shared.com/file/3987601/e32 ... ion_2.html

STS Mod beta Installation 3
http://www.2shared.com/file/3987616/645 ... ion_3.html

Finally, the way that TS has included modding means that several mods can use the same demo to run from, but because of the game settings that we have always used we must ask you to install a second instance of the demo if you are going to play other mods like F1, MotoGP, Polish ‘speedway’ mod etc. Thankyou.

Also, for installation and general game support please go to the support section of the forum and make sure you read the threads already created supporting this and feel free to add your own issue. http://www.britishspeedwaysliders.com/f ... m.php?f=16

We also have a ‘snagging’ thread here http://www.britishspeedwaysliders.com/f ... php?t=9269 for any bugs in the mod to be flagged up. This isn’t a thread for ideas, or for gripes, it is a thread to post up genuine issues that were not normal before and could well be something that we can work on correcting ready for when we go alpha

This is the main topic where they "advertized" the new game. I didn't like some comments about Ande, because it looks almost like it's his bad if they were playing the cracked game before.
I also told that maybe it was better putting a link to the official website or at jollygoodgames website, so that people could know where to purchase a license.
This other post by me was removed as well! Wtf? :D

They told me they are in contact with Ande and they made an agreement with him, but then again Ande didn't know some of those things.

Squall

PostWed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 am

thats the .com lot all over. i didnt know STS was illegal for quite a long time after joining it. when i did find out i came on here and bought a license.
.co.uk has nicer mods...i'm one of them!
At the end of the day, it's only a game!

Etana

PostWed Oct 29, 2008 7:16 am

I made some Google search after noticed those "speedway mod" servers at master server list. Found it quite strange that they clearly used TS source code and not a single indication to it in whole britishspeedwaysliders.com.

Quite rude in my opinion, they should clearly state that it's mod of game created by someone else. Well not advertising cracked game may be understandable. Though now their mod is probably legal, so it shouldn't be problem to give some information at main page.

dede

PostWed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 am

Etana wrote:Quite rude in my opinion, they should clearly state that it's mod of game created by someone else.

They are lame. They played their own cracked game for years. They got now a total legal mod, but they play it like it was their own game again. I wouldn't be surprised to see them selling illegal licenses!

Lamppu

PostThu Oct 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Squall wrote:thats the .com lot all over. i didnt know STS was illegal for quite a long time after joining it. when i did find out i came on here and bought a license.
.co.uk has nicer mods...i'm one of them!

Must be me who told that STS is illegal...

Return to Ad Rack