It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:00 pm

invent Racing [iR] team

Advertise websites, games, projects, etc. HERE.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jan 12, 2009 2:16 pm

IRT #15 tournament report is up. I've changed my approach this time as I failed to see the point in spending ages typing up a table of results that people can view elsewhere anyway.

So now, I've spent more time actually reporting on the races, as this is far more interesting to type and to read than numbers in a table :lol:

Also, instead of typing up a seperate 'iBlaze² on...' blog entry, I've put my comments in the same report.

Much better way of doing things. Please take a look :D

iBlaze²

PostWed Jan 21, 2009 10:29 am

I hope you people have got a lot of time on your hands...

...because there is an absolute beast of an article on the Invent Racing website for you to read! :D

Yes, I've finally got round to completing the 'Autobiography' section that I've been meaning to do for so long!

You should take a look, there's a lot of reading there, but it tells everything, the whole story, right up to now.

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Jan 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Pretty cool, I had a similar way of finding TS. In April 2005, I played some shitty flash top-down 2D racer, so I wanted to find a good one. Did a google search and TS was the first thing that got my eye. Niiiiice.

Nice job on the site, good to see it being run well.

iBlaze²

PostWed Jan 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Mouse wrote:I played some shitty flash top-down 2D racer

...sounds a bit like that Rural Racer game I have on there! :lol:

And thank you very much Mouse.

Anddru

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 am

Good job with the hp - guess you're using pretty much time on it :) Ofcourse, if you can keep doing that, it will be just fantastic - but what has happend to a lot of people who started doing what you've been doing, is that they doesn't get as much feedback as they want to, and after a shorter period, they loose motivation and stop.

So my advise would be not writing that much every time, but just keeping it updated. Fx have I only read the whole article about your career (great article btw. - guess I can see my self in a lot of it). The other articles/blogs have I just read quick or not at all because they are too long (I'm not that interested when I not participated my self, and I guess a lot of people feel like that).

Just my 5 cents - and keep up the good work :)
In my new website you can find my tracks and cars!
http://druerne.org/ts

Hope you will enjoy!

dede

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 10:14 am

Just know I'm reading all TS related articles, even if I don't send feedback all the times. Good job anyway.

olio

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 11:06 am

I'm reading all of them too, and unlike Anddru, I like long race reports and I read them even if I didn't participate in that cup at all. Keep it up!

iBlaze²

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 am

Anddru wrote:what has happend to a lot of people who started doing what you've been doing, is that they doesn't get as much feedback as they want to, and after a shorter period, they loose motivation and stop.

Yeah, there is no point writing the articles if nobody is reading them. However, I can monitor who is reading what on the website so even if I am not getting feedback, I will know if and what people are reading. If I find people stop reading, then I stop writing lol.

But just to give you some idea. I know that yesterday Anddru, you visited our site at 18:29 GMT and spent 33mins 3secs on there and viewed the IRT #15 article, the Autobiography section, played Rural Racer, viewed the Achievements section and the Members and Protocols section. (Thank you for spending so much time :D )

Anddru wrote:So my advise would be not writing that much every time, but just keeping it updated. Fx have I only read the whole article about your career (great article btw. - guess I can see my self in a lot of it). The other articles/blogs have I just read quick or not at all because they are too long (I'm not that interested when I not participated my self, and I guess a lot of people feel like that).

I guess at the moment I am still trying to find a happy medium. I've already decided that there is no point wasting my time typing up tables of results which can be found elsewhere. Also, as it is the website of the Invent Racing team, listing where every competitor finished is quite irrelevant. Long articles such as the last IRT one are too time-consuming both to write and to read, even if the final result is quite interesting.

Personally, I feel the best way would be to keep the articles about the same length as the IHLC #11 one (see here) but without all the tables of results. Maybe just give the Invent Racing results for each race.

Anyway, I do appreciate people reading my articles so thank you for that. And I'm still just as serious about [iR] as I was on the day I took over [YeLo], so we're going to be around for a while longer yet :wink: lol.

...and as a side note to all of this, the TNC #2 article will be up shortly as well.

Etmil

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Loved the autobiography! (: I once wrote something similar as a member of a different clan in a different game (Jedi Outcast II MP), and it's thoroughly enjoyable to read stuff like that just to.. be reminded of how wonderful the journey was while you were on it.

iBlaze²

PostFri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 am

Glad you liked it E. And as the journey isn't complete yet, I'm thinking of keeping it updated whenever new things happen in my career. That way, when the time comes to call it a day, I will have a complete re-collection of my Turbo Sliders days (although, that is a long way away yet!)

iBlaze²

PostWed Feb 04, 2009 10:09 am

Finally got round to writing up the Jan 09's DIT article. Been really busy the last few days, but it's up now (sorry for the delay). It's quite short this time as I've decided to keep out the unnecessary tables of results. Much quicker, easier and relevant this way.

Anyway, I didn't even realise that there had been an IHLC held until I was looking for the DIT results for that article :shock: ... guess I should check the forum in more detail next time rather than just look at the last active topics :lol:

If somebody could tell me which track this was held on, I'll get a report on this up soon.

dede

PostWed Feb 04, 2009 1:16 pm

iBlaze² wrote:If somebody could tell me which track this was held on, I'll get a report on this up soon.

Same track as DIT.

iBlaze²

PostFri Feb 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Well, it's a bit late in the (European) day to be making announcements :lol:

But anyway, we have an announcement to make. I've posted a new blog entry on the [iR] website outlining the details and also some personal thoughts and feelings from myself.

It's been a stressful night. So I'll leave it at that.

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 9:56 am

I can't get on your website :(

iBlaze²

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:I can't get on your website :(

Yes, guest. There is a reason for that.

Some things will be happening behind the scenes at Invent Racing over the next few days. I will bring you all an update once these things have been finalised and sorted.

Nobody should have any reason to worry though. All will be revealed in due course. All in good time as they say. Just be patient 8)

iBlaze²

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 pm

And at the same time as Scud announces the new [iR], it's time for me to announce that I have decided to step-down from team-leading and leave Invent Racing altogether.

I wish the members all the best for the future and am sorry for not doing a better job. Nothing dramatic has happened, we are all still good friends and they understood my decision. I just couldn't continue in leading a team any longer.

I'm currently working on a new personal website, similar to the old [iR] website that I used to run. This will allow me to carry on writing the articles which I enjoy and which people have become accustomed to.

Thank you to everybody who made Invent Racing what it was and what it is. I am sure the remaining members will take the team in a much better direction :)

iBlaze²

Invent Racing is officially re-opened!

PostThu May 27, 2010 10:09 am

Look at the dust all over this thread, time to clear it off I think...

I've been thinking about re-launching Invent Racing for a while actually - leaving [iR] was probably one of my biggest mistakes and regrets in my Turbo Sliders career. However, I didn't consider I had the time anymore.

But then, recently, Invent Racing has been making somewhat of a "comeback" on its own, with the active members all adopting the [iR] tag and already feeling like a team again. So, with spirits high, Etmil has managed to persuade me to come back and make it all official.

So, as of today, Invent Racing [iR] is officially back in business!

However, it will not be the same [iR] as in 2008/2009, because I simply do not have enough time for that anymore. There will be no official website, no blogs, we will simply use this thread to post any news, info, anything to do with our team really. I will update the opening post with the original team protocols and a list of current members, etc. and this will be our "base" if you like.

Just to clarify, the current line-up is as follows:

iBlaze²
Etmil
lux
Nerd [Uk]
Burn

(...and non-active, therefore ex-members, who are welcome to re-join if they ever become active again...)

Scud
iceman

Anyway, it's probably best that I don't have the time like I used to, since this will probably allow us to stick a lot more closely to our original aims and protocols (rather than trying to turn the team into something it's not).

So, here's to Invent Racing - a group of friends united under the tag of [iR] - with no real aims, no real intentions, except just to race as a group of friends and to enjoy the game. We're back (even though, in heart, we've always been Invent Racers).

:)

Burn

PostThu May 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Cool, I'm excited for our return.

Any competition ideas?

iBlaze²

PostThu May 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Not yet man, but one step at a time :)

dede

PostThu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Congratulations!

lux2

Re: Invent Racing is officially re-opened!

PostSat May 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Nice :D

iBlaze² wrote:...
(...and non-active, therefore ex-members, who are welcome to re-join if they ever become active again...)

Scud
iceman

Last time I saw Scud, he was still iR-tagged. He never left.

iBlaze²

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 4:19 pm

lux2 wrote:Nice :D

iBlaze² wrote:...

Scud
iceman

Last time I saw Scud, he was still iR-tagged. He never left.

Yeah but he hasn't been active in game or in forum for such a long time. In fact, it must be nearly a year since I last saw him. I clarified one of the iR rules a bit better at the re-launch so that, under this rule...

We do not expect our members to constantly be active in-game or forums. We understand that sometimes you just don't have the time to play. We also understand that many players take occasional breaks from playing. However, if you are inactive for a long period of time, we will remove you from the member list (but you will be free to re-join if you become active again at a later date).

...inactive players such as Scud are not considered current members of the team but are free to re-join. It's easier to keep tabs on people and make team decisions this way :)

Whiplash

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I like making teams in TS.
The idea for making invent racers team is cool. But if you change that name to something like "TS adicted players", then sign me in please. :)
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iBlaze²

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Whiplash wrote:I like making teams in TS.
The idea for making invent racers team is cool. But if you change that name to something like "TS adicted players", then sign me in please. :)

I don't know if you know the story behind Invent Racing but anyway, the whole idea was to be, well, "inventive". At the time we created [iR], many teams had a lot of rules about joining - [fS] was for Finnish players, [dP] was for rough racers, [+] seemed very strict with their rules, etc.

Anyway, when I took over [YeLo] from Kova we decided to create a new team with only 1 real rule - you just have to love TS. And from that, Invent Racing was born - it was something different from those others, something "inventive".

I think you can see where I'm going with this... the name "Invent Racing" and the tag [iR] basically stand for "TS addicted players" - because to join [iR] you must first love TS (and of course, be a friend of mine and get on with the rest of the team members :P ).

So, we won't be changing our name or our tag anytime soon - we are all Invent Racers - but, if you hold the same values, if you're a TS addicted player (which we know you are) and if you are friends with our current team members (purely because we don't want inter-team fallouts - we're Invent Racing, not Red Bullshit Racing) then you're more than welcome to join us and adopt the [iR] tag (you are actually one of the best-suited players I know for the [iR] team) :)

iBlaze²

PostFri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Whiplash, if you're reading this can you please confirm whether or not you are joining Invent Racing?

Also, I am pleased to announce that kapa112 has joined the team on a trial period (similar to what we did with Burn). This is just the usual process for people I don't know as well as the others, and I've no doubts he will be upgraded to a full member in a few weeks time :)

There are a couple of other guys who I will be sending requests out to, to invite them into [iR]. Other than these guys, if you wish to join, PM me and we will decide if you are suitable :)

EDIT: I also noticed iceman is signed up to the Antislider cup. If you're reading this and wish to re-join [iR] let me know and I will re-add you to the member list.
PreviousNext

Return to Ad Rack