Talk about new ideas for the website.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

Ranking: short track needed

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Hello guys. The new ranking has now a basic set of good racing tracks, but in the future we will add more. At the moment we need to add the first short track. I thought that it would be very nice if we decided the new track through a vote. So this is how it will work: we will list all the short tracks (minileap style, or little bigger) in this topic, and after this, we will have a vote about them. You can post any track you find, even if it's not created by you. Please add an image of the track and the download link.
You may build new short tracks too ;)
Last edited by dede on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 3:31 pm

de_Scribe

de_Lete

Download links will be available lat0r..

mikko

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 4:37 pm

As far as I remember, Janne has a nice set of minitracks. Maybe he could post some of them here for voting.

I like the idea of voting, and to include all sort of tracks, even though I prefer racing tracks. It is like something for everyone.

Janne

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 4:43 pm

So, can the track be bigger than 640x480? I have one about 13-14s long which I would also like to add.

----
Anyhow, I would like to nominate: Jn_Mini02, Jn_Mini03, Jn_Mini04, Jn_Mini06, Jn_Mini07, Jn_Mini08, and Jn_Mini10

Download link:
http://www.geocities.com/hespe89/Jn_Minipack.zip

mikko wrote:As far as I remember, Janne has a nice set of minitracks. Maybe he could post some of them here for voting.

I just did. :lol: I excluded some of those tracks, as I think they are unfit.

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 4:55 pm

mikko wrote:I like the idea of voting, and to include all sort of tracks, even though I prefer racing tracks. It is like something for everyone.

Yeah, new ranking tracks will be chosen directly by wankers. The first tracks needed to be chosen before the release of ts.com, so Tijny made a selection and we chose them.

JTS wrote:So, can the track be bigger than 640x480? I have one about 13-14s long which I would also like to add.

Yeah, you can do that, even if we might prefer 640x480 now. But of course, try to post it.

Anyway, I was thinking about creating a track database, with "all tracks" with records/laptimes.. Quite a lot of work, and I don't know if that will be used by trackmakers (now those features such as "cups", "downloads", etc, aren't used on ts.com, for example). A track database would mean also that we could vote best tracks for wanking, include best 30 tracks (dinamically) to the ranking, give points basing on the rating of the track, etc. But I would like to push players to play online, so ideas are welcome :)

Jarno

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 5:20 pm

dede wrote:Anyway, I was thinking about creating a track database

I think hengari has already done smt about it. But of corpse you want to do it by yourself...
Spinnering on limits...

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Jarno wrote:

I think hengari has already done smt about it. But of corpse you want to do it by yourself...

MG, I love this guy..

Edit: the track database is there already. But at the moment it's used by the ranking only. I might consider to open it to every track, and add couple of features like downloadable tracks, rating, and so on. But that would take some time programming it, as I said before. Using Hengari's database wouldn't work either, because it wouldn't be compatible with the current track database.

Jarno

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 5:37 pm

dede wrote:
Jarno wrote:

MG, I love this guy..

Edit: the track database is there already. But at the moment it's used by the ranking only. I might consider to open it to every track, and add couple of features like downloadable tracks, rating, and so on. But that would take some time programming it, as I said before. Using Hengari's database wouldn't work either, because it wouldn't be compatible with the current track database.

Lol you're an ass...hopefully hengari's track database is available somewhere else then.
Spinnering on limits...

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Jarno wrote:Lol you're an ass...hopefully hengari's track database is available somewhere else then.

Hm? Good to have such good community moderators. Oh well, probably you didn't even bother to read/understand what I wrote.
-- END OT--
Small tracks?

:wink:

Janne

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 6:32 pm

..Ok, this is the one I was talking about. :twisted:

Jn_Tikholm

Btw, are you going to choose just one small track? Why not 2-4 since there's already 6 big (20-30s) tracks?

Anddru

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 6:51 pm

In my new website you can find my tracks and cars!
http://druerne.org/ts

Hope you will enjoy!

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 6:53 pm

JTS wrote:..Ok, this is the one I was talking about. :twisted:

I remember that one, Picolo showed me. There's a little bug in it (check pat file). Maybe you can fix it (need to change track name though).

JTS wrote:Btw, are you going to choose just one small track? Why not 2-4 since there's already 6 big (20-30s) tracks?

Yes, could be a good idea. But they have to be quality wanking tracks, let's not add them if we can get better tracks waiting some months ;)

Janne

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 7:55 pm

dede wrote:I remember that one, Picolo showed me. There's a little bug in it (check pat file). Maybe you can fix it (need to change track name though).

If you mean 4 grass-pixels on tarmac, I really wonder whether those have actually any effect on driving. Though I could edit it, if it would be decided to be one of the wanking tracks.

dede wrote:But they have to be quality wanking tracks

Of course.

mikko

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 8:06 pm

dede wrote:Anyway, I was thinking about creating a track database, with "all tracks" with records/laptimes.. Quite a lot of work, and I don't know if that will be used by trackmakers (now those features such as "cups", "downloads", etc, aren't used on ts.com, for example). A track database would mean also that we could vote best tracks for wanking, include best 30 tracks (dinamically) to the ranking, give points basing on the rating of the track, etc. But I would like to push players to play online, so ideas are welcome :)

A full track database with all known records would be useful, in particular if combined with possibility of ranking the tracks in the order of popularity. Then a record on the most popular track would give most points, the points earned decreasing in the order of popularity. That way all tracks could be included in the rankings, while the points gathered from the least popular tracks would be insignificant.

But that kind of a system might be tricky and laborious to do, so it may be better to stick with a system like the current. Anyway, a full track database with all known records would be interesting. Much more interesting than just a track database as such. Besides the records, some other useful information of the tracks could be included there.

Mouse

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 10:36 pm

Mo_DesertRaceway is my favorite small track that I have made. Feel free to use it if you like.

dede

PostMon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 pm

mikko wrote:A full track database with all known records would be useful, in particular if combined with possibility of ranking the tracks in the order of popularity. Then a record on the most popular track would give most points, the points earned decreasing in the order of popularity. That way all tracks could be included in the rankings, while the points gathered from the least popular tracks would be insignificant.

But that kind of a system might be tricky and laborious to do, so it may be better to stick with a system like the current. Anyway, a full track database with all known records would be interesting. Much more interesting than just a track database as such. Besides the records, some other useful information of the tracks could be included there.

Yes, I agree on everything. But maybe now it's time to give room to racing & online activity? I mean, before making that "all tracks ranking/records/db". I have no idea of what to do though. Maybe TheDude could help, we already discussed about the idea. Let's see if I can get him working to this project.

Janne

PostFri Nov 30, 2007 11:57 am

Oh well..

Jn_Nefi

I feel like it isn't very conventional. :)

Janne

PostTue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Jn_Syys

I like it.

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea why the download links lead into this thread. :? If my links doesn't work correctly, copy and paste those to browser.

Return to Suggestions