Talk about new ideas for the website.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Strength in player profile

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 6:12 pm

What do you think about this? Is it easy to do?

The idea is to base that on default tracks and cars records. It should be all the same like DIT ranking. New ranking should be there for all times in the future. On that way our kids and grand-children can play against us too. :)

Btw, this topic could be sticky. I can't make new topic for every new suggestion. That's why I called it like that.

Jan

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

Re: Suggestions

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Whiplash wrote:The idea is to base that on default tracks and cars records.

Then it should be named as "wanking ability" rather than strength... ;P But seriously, yeah why not if it's easy to implement...

Whiplash

Re: Suggestions

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Jan wrote:Then it should be named as "wanking ability" rather than strength... ;P

Hmm, I'm not sure about it. My experience says that your "wanking ability" and strength (not strenght- like I wrote there :) ) are the same categories. The best wankers are the strongest (i mean - the best) in all cups. And, of course, "strength" sounds much cooler then "wanking ability". 8)

dede

Re: Strength in player profile

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 pm

At the moment we have those stats in the homepage: "MY RANK" in the bottom right corner. It could be possible to add it to the forum as well, but the real problem is that the current ranking isn't played by anybody.
We have to find a better way to rank players [if we need any].

Whiplash wrote:Btw, this topic could be sticky. I can't make new topic for every new suggestion. That's why I called it like that.

Since the forum category is called suggestions, maybe it's better to write the subject of the topic directly in the title (I edited yours).

Whiplash

Re: Strength in player profile

PostMon Mar 29, 2010 1:09 am

dede wrote: but the real problem is that the current ranking isn't played by anybody.

Well, actually it's not a problem. That kind of ranking should allow players to play whenever they want. It would not be one season ranking. It would be there for all times, like I said. So all generations of players can play for it. You only should make good way to upload great records that some players already have. So, they will not have to play it all again if they don't want to.
You could open a server for just one week and they can export it. Others will send videos.

dede wrote: We have to find a better way to rank players [if we need any].

Default tracks, default cars, pure speed, no lags. Can it really be better?
:wink:

20.10.2008 v2.0.0
- Game engine improvements: smoother network game and more accurate lap times

I just hope that Ande made it accurate enough and will not have to made changes about it anymore. As I know, it's good as it is now.

Return to Suggestions