Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

"TEAMS"

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 am

TS home page should have one more tab: TEAMS
So it should be: HOME, FORUM, WIKI, CHAT, SERVERS LIST, AWARDS, RANKING, TRACKS, PLAYERS, TEAMS, LINKS and HELP.

There should be possibility for all players to create a team. That would be a team site and it should have all that one team needs: philosophy, members, team flags (emblems), forum etc. That will replace all those team websites that are showed in "LINKS" tab.
Also, Ranking should show team points (strenght) too. It could be calculated from the average strength of all members.
Ranking should be somehow programmed so that it adds new team automatically when it's created and sorts new players to created team when somebody is signed into it. It should be created to recalculate team points (strenght) if some player is kicked out of team too.
Of course, admins could do this automatically too, but that's a lot of work. Programming will take some time too, but once when it's done it's all easier.

ACCOUNT box on the home page should show: Private Messages, Forum Posts, and (new) Team Posts.
MY RANK box should have average points for "player" (like we already have) with those 5 default cars, and average points for "team" also with 5 default cars bottom.

On this way we will have all teams on the same place, bigger teams battling and probably more forum activities.
Ranking should show how much each player costs in virtual $ (equal to ranking points).
That would make balance between strength and having money.
Teams with more players will have more money, but they will probably have lower strenght. Teams should have limited maximum number of members.
Having as much power as is possible should be the main goal of all teams.
With good balance of money, points and max number of members teams would have great battling. Power of a team would be average value of money and strength. So, some teams (like + team) will probably try to be the best with their 5-6 members by their strength, but some teams (like iR team) will probably try to kick them out with many members by their money.
In some time, to keep their team the most powerful, + team will probably have to search for new members, or iR team will have to increase their strength by each member. ;)
To avoid big work, admins could open monthly or weekly wanking autoserver. Times, points, money and power would be updated automatically.
All teams would fallow the results and plan their next moves (keep building the strength or searching for a new members).
Also, the goal should be to have the most powerful team with the minimum number of players. That's why number of players should have some affect on the team power too (lower number of players - more power).
The lowest number could be 4-6, and the biggest 15-20 or something like that.
To organize this, It's only important to make good balance between number of players, money and points (strength).

We could have overall battling, and yearly battling.
Maybe we could even make some game with virtual money that each team gets on the beginning of the year.
In some yearly battling (official cups) teams could even use their money for trade. Each team could have permanent members who are not for selling and some players who are. But I didn't think a lot about it. Maybe it would be to much work for admins. :wink:
Last edited by Whiplash on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whiplash

Re: "TEAMS"

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Del wrote:Having fun with your friends should be the main goal of all teams. Do you really want people to wank offline for the ranking? You can do that yourself. You could also host a wanking server if you really like it that much. Or you could just play FC and a sports management game...

You didn't get it well. Making your team as more powerful would be fun for sure too.
We will have more fun and activity on the site, and on the servers.
That has not to be offline wanking. It should be online primary. Now you can't have fun with your team because there are no competitions where all members can join. It's all about having personal fun right now. I wanted to make some real team battling where all teams and members would take a part and have fun in that big fight.

Whiplash

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Del wrote:You don't have to have competitions to have fun as a team. You can also organize competitions if you want. Would you rather be in a team with your best TS friends or the highest-ranked team you can get in even if you didn't really like your teammates but it was your best bet for "real team battling"? Would you have fun in such a team?

I'm sure if you ask nicely enough dede will make forum sections for teams. You're free to host a wanking server and the associated ranking scripts. If it's good enough dede will integrate it with the site.

You still didn't get it. :) It's not all about wanking.
It would be just cool to see what's the best TS team. Better teams will be the most powerful with even 4-5 members. So, they will not have to sign in new players to keep power. That's why points and money values should be nicely balanced. Other teams woud be less powerful. If they want to be better they would search for a new members or they could increase their skill. If they don't want that - they will keep the same number of members. The main thing is that teams should be ranked too.
You could choose between power team and clean team (team with best friends), but you could also have both of that (if you have strong members).

Dide Dide

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 pm

The ideia is good Whip

Teams Section with all the teams of TS

- But if the teams need to be created they should need a minimum number of players like 4
and a maximum of 5-8,
- 10 players in 1 team is too big, btw the community doesnt have so many Online players racing. If all the registered players were playing would be awesome :D
- Points, Team rank would be great (Players Average)
-Add a Skill Bar :D

The only Problem is TS doesnt support Live Statistics from all the servers
and would only be valid for 1 server

P.S no one would like to be transfered from a team to other, would make players low motivated,that way - Teams would buy 50 players make them grow a little then Sell to other teams to Gain money not cool :)

I think the Best way is to Rank by Cup's Organized .

Whiplash

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Del wrote:If team membership was more common in TS you would see what the best team is just by playing FC and the occasional competition. Why would you have money if you were looking for the best team? Just put Tijny, dede and Janne in a team. Why would you even have teams if they were just a collection of random guys only there for the team ranking? Being in a team has no concrete advantage in TS so I'd much rather be in a "clean team" then a "power team".

I know my posts are incoherent and stupid but I just find it hard to formulate arguments against something this colossally stupid.

O man, I guess REIROM uses Del's account or something. :P
-The best team will not be that one with the most money, but with the most power. Power will be determined by team points (average points of all members) and team money (summary of money of all members), so not just money.
-T, dede, Janne can not play in the same team because Janne belongs to fs team, T and dede to + team. Janne could play for the + team only if he gets out from fs, and + team allow him to join to +. So, players who already have their teams will probably keep to play for them. Only if some teams are inactive, player could wish to change the team. For example: dede did that long time before; he stoped to play in ippon team and he created +team with T and other cool guys with new philosophy and new goals.
-You bastard, there will not be randomized members for teams. That's the point: each team will try to be the best with their members and with their unique philosophy. The best teams will try to keep their power just by their very close community inside of them self. The best teams will be the most powerful not by their money, but by the skill of each member. Skill will be more important then their money. But money could help for teams that doesn't have that skilled drivers. You need to know that money will not be the crucial element - it will be the skill. 4 skilled drivers would be more powerful then 10 average players. That's why will all drivers have to increase their skill if they want to be more powerful team.

Dide Dide wrote:- But if the teams need to be created they should need a minimum number of players like 4
and a maximum of 5-8

Yeah, that could be better. But teams could have some: honored members (those drivers who are not active anymore), or something like that.

Dide Dide wrote:P.S no one would like to be transfered from a team to other, would make players low motivated,that way - Teams would buy 50 players make them grow a little then Sell to other teams to Gain money not cool :)

Yeah, you're right there. We should just try to build and have teams that will work like close communities. Plus Team (also IR, Tdi, and ippon long time before) are a good examples.

Dide Dide wrote:I think the Best way is to Rank by Cup's Organized.

Not actually. The best way is to do it by the main ranking and online/offline wanking. That's the only way to have all players in the competition. We all can't have the same possibilities to join some cup in the same time. Wanking gives the same chances to everybody.
But results of organised official cups could be used for giving some yearly awards for teams too. ;) :P
Last edited by Whiplash on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dede

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 pm

I could agree partially or even totally on what you said, Whiplash, but there are few things we should consider:

1) everything organized outside the game has lower visibility than integrating those features directly inside the game - but anyway there won't be new releases of the game..

2) I have no time for developing new features for the website (actually I believe that we would need to re-do it completely, since it's badly programmed)

3) teams are hardly of any use if we don't have competitions for them.. and at the moment we don't have competitions at all

This said, I love the team spirit. I enjoy a lot to play competitions in a team, discuss about tactics, train together etc. The F1 League had a good team system, which could be extended to other competitions as well. Of course, we need more competitions. A bit hard, considering that nobody is organizing them.

Whiplash

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm

dede wrote:1) everything organized outside the game has lower visibility than integrating those features directly inside the game - but anyway there won't be new releases of the game..

I'm not sure why you're mentioning that. We don't need new version to implement this (it's all about website organizing). And, as I know, good visibility has everything that's on the TS website. Official auto-servers could refer to the website.

dede wrote:3) teams are hardly of any use if we don't have competitions for them.. and at the moment we don't have competitions at all

This said, I love the team spirit. I enjoy a lot to play competitions in a team, discuss about tactics, train together etc. The F1 League had a good team system, which could be extended to other competitions as well. Of course, we need more competitions. A bit hard, considering that nobody is organizing them.

Yep, that's why I got thist idea. Players like to be part of same teams with the unique team philosophy and team goals. Now, all teams are mostly existing with no big reason. For example, your + team has cool philosophy and goals, but each your team member could have them actually without being in the same team. That's why we need to make good team battling that will give sense for existing for each team.
Also, in my opinion TS website is nicely organised. It's all on the right place. We only need few changes, new features and brand new modern website layout.
-About competitions, we could make that each team has to have obligation to organise 1-2 cups/tournaments or leagues per year.

Return to Suggestions