It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:11 pm

[Racing Servers] RULES

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

[Racing Servers] RULES

PostMon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Introduction
In this page you find the main rules you have to respect when playing to the Community Servers.
Please apply these rules every time you play there, even if others aren't respecting them fully (getting a revenge isn't a good reason to break rules -> ban).

Bans
- if you break some rule, you will be warned *ONE* time only, then you get a kick/ban
- administrators can decide to ban you just for one cup, for some time, or forever (if a long ban is assigned, it will be reported here)

Racing Behavior at Start
- DO NOT start driving backwards
- DO NOT brake in order to block the car behind you and get extra speed
- If your start-speed is lower than the car behind you, keep your starting line and don't "close the door" to the car behind you
- DO NOT zigzag in order to get more speed (by getting pushed by other cars)

Racing Behavior at 1st Curve
- Keep your line (if you are outside, stay outside! DO NOT "close the door" if a car is inside - if you are inside, consider that you've to drive the whole curve inside because you have a car outside)
- DO NOT push other cars
- Try to avoid contacts with other cars

Racing Behavior - Overtaking attempts
- If the car behind you is trying to attack you inside/outside, take the opposite line: DO NOT "close the door" in the middle of the curve -> if you want to protect yourself inside, for example, just take the inside line in the straight before the curve (F1 style)
- Try to avoid contacts while being overtaken/overtaking (a clean overtaking is much more fun than a rough one ;))
- Always remember that if you take the inside/outside line, you can't change to outside/inside in the middle of the curve: leave some space to your opponent if you are very close
- Do NOT try to get more speed by zigzaging in curves/straights
- Do NOT change your line from outside to inside (and vice-versa) if that means a contact which gives you more speed. That's considered blocking.

Racing Behavior - Crashes
- If you crash/get a slowdown due to your own mistake/lag, and some other player is penalized by that (e.g. he crashes into you), you should consider to let him pass.
- If you crash/get a slowdown but you don't penalize any other player by doing that, consider that you need some time in order to get back your speed: if some player comes with higher speed than you, give him a chance to pass you without contacts -> DO NOT try to block him in order to get more speed
- If many players crash into you after your own crash, it's totally up to you deciding if to let anyone pass.

Racing Behavior - Fairplay
- if you have to let pass someone, DO NOT slowdown in a straight if you have many players around you -> better taking outside line to the next curve

Racing Behavior - Quitting the race
- DO NOT quit the race at last lap, if possible: that's pretty boring for other players (they have to wait up to 1 minute and 30 seconds if you do that)
- if you really have to quit the race, please park your car to the grass outside the track

Racing Behavior - Pit Stops
- DO NOT push other players in pit stops; slow down in order to avoid that

Racing Behavior - Leaders & backmarkers
- if you are about to get lapped, you MUST give way like they do in F1 (take out of driving line and slow down)
Last edited by dede on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Jul 07, 2007 12:52 pm

lol
[url="http://www.pokerstrategy.com?referrer=wazaari"]Impara a giocare a poker avvalendoti gratuitamente delle strategie ed incassa il bonus da $150 di PokerStrategy![/url]

Rendy Andrian

Community User Level: 2

PostTue Dec 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Wow, that is good for TS dede! I will try it in my demo version to practice for a tournament if i have a full version. Although this was posted very long time ago, but i like it and it is good to develop a sportsmanship and fair play. One more thing, thanks for the rules!
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

dede

PostTue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Rules have been updated.

Mainly there is one "big" change only: the "you have to give way if you crash and block other players"-rule has been removed. Obviously if you feel that's a good way of racing, you can continue letting pass your opponents after your crashes. But please don't get angry if other players aren't using the same fairplay-level.

Chevron

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm

I never did that anyway. :roll:
Burning curtains since 2004

Whiplash

PostSun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 am

Good rules. I hope that i will respect them. :wink: See you tonight at 19h. :wink:

Pingu

PostSun Jul 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Whiplash wrote:Good rules. I hope that i will respect them. :wink: See you tonight at 19h. :wink:

You hope that lol? You better do, I have to pay big consequences for one mistake. And Yea good rules nevertheless

senad.carter

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 am

but if i drive no very speed,but not very slow and car behind me (slower car)kick me and i go to gras and next lap he again kick me,what to i do,im not admin
lol

dede

Re: reply

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

senad.carter wrote:but if i drive no very speed,but not very slow and car behind me (slower car)kick me and i go to gras and next lap he again kick me,what to i do,im not admin

I've seen this kind of problems several times in the server. Newbies usually don't know driving lines, and several players aren't paying enough attention to avoid contacts.
I believe that experienced players should try to predict newbies' lines and then pay enough attention to avoid collisions. In the other hand, newbies should understand that it takes some time to be able to battle with better players, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to give way to faster cars before any accident happens.

Anyway, you are probably talking about players as skilled as you. This is harder issue, because there is no way of knowing if they do it on purpose or if it's their way of playing. I would suggest to you to study better overtaking possibility, wait to pass them when they make a mistake.

Whiplash

PostFri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 am

Is it allowed to go into the pit from wrong side when there is no chance to hit anybody? Some tracks just beging you to do that because it's more faster (enter of pit in these tracks are too much longer and harder then exit).

Tijny

PostFri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

Whiplash wrote:Is it allowed to go into the pit from wrong side when there is no chance to hit anybody? Some tracks just beging you to do that because it's more faster (enter of pit in these tracks are too much longer and harder then exit).
No, that's considered backwards driving. You're supposed to drive the track the way it was intended by the author.

dede

PostFri Jul 17, 2009 1:14 pm

In some cases, though, it might happen to forget to pit and to realize that only after cutting finish line. In those cases, we can close an eye if you drive backwards to the pit - but you must do that by driving on grass so that there is no way of potentially crashing other cars.

Taking pit exit backwards in order to get advantage (the case you described) isn't allowed.

Wokinger

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am

Is it alright if someone wait for you under bridge and hit you there?

kapa112

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 am

No, it's not, even during full contact races. A person who does that most likely gets banned afterwards, if there's an admin around.

dede

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 am

kapa112 wrote:No, it's not, even during full contact races.

Hmm, I agree that stopping under a bridge in normal racing servers isn't allowed and punished with ban. But hey, in full contact I believe it's not so forbidden, unless you drive bw while during it. No?

kapa112

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am

I get it, but as far as I remember stopping and blocking under the bridge was never considered as "fully" allowed. I mean, less patient admins would ban or warn for it. :P

dede

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 5:03 pm

kapa112 wrote:I get it, but as far as I remember stopping and blocking under the bridge was never considered as "fully" allowed. I mean, less patient admins would ban or warn for it. :P

Probably you mean when lapped players do that. If I'm first and I block under a bridge, I don't feel myself against the rules.

Wokinger

PostWed Aug 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Mentioned situation happened between me and lapped player. I don't mind blocking under bridge if my oponnent isn't lapped.

Whiplash

PostThu Aug 25, 2011 6:37 pm

It doesn't matter if it's under of a bridge or not - lapped player are not allowed to block. In gantleman races you're not allowed to blok even if you're not lapped.
You can block in Full Contact server, but only if your intention is to save your position. Your goal must be winning the cup, not just blocking players for fun. If blocking is your only goal, you 'll get ban.

shyguy1001

PostThu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I am fairly sure there is a "no rules" policy in full contact or am I wrong? Apart from BW, I thought nothing am illegal.. that's what it said at server start anyway.

Tijny

PostThu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 pm

There are no rules set in stone, but people with enough common sense should know what they can and cannot do. This goes for on- as well as off-track behavior. To exemplify, there is no written rule against spamming the chatbox like an idiot, yet Badeend and I have banned reirom at least several dozen times for that. :P

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 am

Yes well, I just wish REIROM would get a permanent ban from all turbosliders - he is forever ruining many players playing experience, and he is only funny on very rare occasions. Most of the time it's so stupid it's annoying.

Ivan Drago

PostSun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Whiplash wrote:It doesn't matter if it's under of a bridge or not - lapped player are not allowed to block. In gantleman races you're not allowed to blok even if you're not lapped.
You can block in Full Contact server, but only if your intention is to save your position. Your goal must be winning the cup, not just blocking players for fun. If blocking is your only goal, you 'll get ban.

Please. There's racing and then there's rough. If I'm lapped (doesn't happen very often, as you all know) at the full contact server, I will most definately push others, block others and f*** with them at all possible ways no matter which lap they are on. It's full contact for f***'s sake. It's no gentleman sport and it's not for fine ladies. Who's gonna have the time to check which lap who's on anyway. It wasn't like this 5 years ago that people start crying after a full contact/rough race that a lapped driver was mean to them. Boo-hoo. Maybe it's better to keep playing with ghost and even better if u just wank locally so nobody makes you feel bad by touching your car.

Intention? What-the-fuck? My intention in full contact is always just to f*** with other people. If I happen to win while doing that, it's a bonus and you will notice it on the chat. Same with fastest lap. There are other kinds of races for you Whiplash if you don't want to get blocked, pushed and assraped on the track at full contact.

Badeend

PostSun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I agree you can't always see if a player is on the same lap as you, so f*** players should be possible even if they're on another lap.
But I'd like to put a little sidenote to that: If you intenionally wait to get lapped and start f*** up those players, you can be considered a pathetic moron, which is perfectly bannable too in my opinion.

Whiplash

PostMon Sep 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:Intention? What-the-f***? My intention in full contact is always just to f*** with other people. If I happen to win while doing that, it's a bonus and you will notice it on the chat. Same with fastest lap. There are other kinds of races for you Whiplash if you don't want to get blocked, pushed and assraped on the track at full contact.

Collecting points should be the main goal of all competitions. Otherwise, they would all be senseless.
I would rather say that you need new kind of games (like XBumpz or something).
I can understand that you maybe don't like winning the cup more than bumping and fu*** others, but you can't do that out of our racing rules. You can have your own goal, but you have to respect racing rules. Otherwise, that would not be a racing.
But if you need my opinion about your philosophy, I can comment that too.
I can't see what's the fun about crashing while you're losing points with that. Thing that we all respect the most is winning the cup. If somebody's able to make some great moves (blocking, hitting, crashing...) while winning the cup, we will respect him even more.
Full Contact server is not the place where you can get bonuses for nice moves. It's just a regular racing where all is allowed (except being stupid).
If you like bonuses, then play Tony Hawk Pro Skater or something like that. :P
As I already said, you can have whatever goal you want, but you will have to fallow racing rules.
I 'll never get angry if you hit me with some nice move, but if you do it on some inappropriate way, guess what is going to be happen after that.
Badee explained well what's considered with lapping. It's obvious that some tracks can't be included in that rule (5-6 seconds long tracks, tracks with many crossings...). It also depends on number of players.
If you're lapped by some player on some racing track, you can't directly fight with him. Even if you hit him, you did nothing. So, why to do something that is useless for you (except, maybe, if you have some weird enjoyment with that).
Next

Return to General Discussion