It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 am

[Racing Servers] RULES

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Ivan Drago

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Ok. Let's have a post with no fuck-words from me this time.

Whiplash wrote:Collecting points should be the main goal of all competitions. Otherwise, they would all be senseless. I can understand that you maybe don't like winning the cup more than bumping and fu*** others, but you can't do that out of our racing rules. You can have your own goal, but you have to respect racing rules. Otherwise, that would not be a racing.

Of course I want to win it as well, but I want to do it with style. You shouldn't call this full contact if it's just gentleman racing with the exception that you can touch others. I can't remember if you were around in the old full contact days, when the server was hosted by MaunoKasa (the original inventor of full contact, as far as I know). But I think that lux was at least, and with the kinda hits we delivered there, it seems to me kinda hard to believe what a tight little lady she has become.

Whiplash wrote:If somebody's able to make some great moves (blocking, hitting, crashing...) while winning the cup, we will respect him even more.

This is of course my ultimate goal, but since coming back my speed isn't even near that yet. So first I have to get my beefmastering skills back which is easier before I can also gain some more speed.

Whiplash wrote:Full Contact server is not the place where you can get bonuses for nice moves. It's just a regular racing where all is allowed (except being stupid).

Not bonuses but they are also means to a victory and also part of the psychological game. When you ram someone real hard, he's gonna watch out in the next corner. Or when you ram lux, she's gonna start crying out loud and show the ban-card. It seems to me that to you newb-admins almost everything is considered being stupid. And I don't mean bw, I consider it stupid myself as well.

Whiplash wrote:I 'll never get angry if you hit me with some nice move, but if you do it on some inappropriate way, guess what is going to be happen after that.

We get to the what is inappropriate question again. Whatever you do to lux seems inappropriate and worth a ban anyway.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Sep 19, 2011 2:31 pm

For all your questions, I'll just give you 2 links as my answer. All moves that you can see there are allowed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDClv2SlYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3SJtwGMI5g

You need to know that nobody is banned in those cases.
I know what you're talking about old FC. We decided to change some things there long time ago now. The main thing that is changed are those sick tracks. In order to get more active server, we decided to replace sick tracks by racing ones. We also kept all "fun" tracks. As you could notice, we managed to do it. FC is the most visited server of all times. Now you need more skill and less luck than before. Bumping is fun, but it becomes irritating in some longer time. That's why we decided to refresh the server with some cooler tracks. And that was pure bingo.

Ivan Drago

PostMon Sep 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Whiplash wrote:For all your questions, I'll just give you 2 links as my answer. All moves that you can see there are allowed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDClv2SlYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3SJtwGMI5g

You need to know that nobody is banned in those cases.

I didn't watch it all, but in the first video at around 1:20 and around 1:54 there is the move that got me banned twice at the server. Maybe it's different if you do it lux (admin), or at least she seems to think so...

Whiplash wrote:I know what you're talking about old FC. We decided to change some things there long time ago now. The main thing that is changed are those sick tracks. In order to get more active server, we decided to replace sick tracks by racing ones. We also kept all "fun" tracks. As you could notice, we managed to do it. FC is the most visited server of all times. Now you need more skill and less luck than before. Bumping is fun, but it becomes irritating in some longer time. That's why we decided to refresh the server with some cooler tracks. And that was pure bingo.

As I've heard it, that was purely and exclusively only you. There are many good tracks now, I'm not saying that the racing tracks are bad. But some of them are seriously very boring. Also many of them are way too long for FC purposes. I'm definately sure that your (meaning only you) track changes have no way affected the popularity nor does it take more skill now.

dede

PostMon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 pm

I believe the main problem is what people mean by "no rules except backwards driving". By that I understand I can bump and block as hell, but if I drive backwards I'm out.

Other things aren't mentioned in server rules (such as chat behavior, for example), so they are up to common sense.

In my own opinion full contact is not xbumpz: wrecking isn't the goal of the game. It's still a race, and the goal of the race is to win (or get the highest possible position). So, when I see people wrecking a player in a corner and then pointing their car against the wrecked player another time, while that player tries to get back on track, oh well, I consider it lame and annoying. That's not FC, it's XB.

Just imagine that there are two top players in the server, and 3 other guys. Those 3 guys decide to play against one of the top players. In every race they manage to push him out and make Drago-moves in order to make sure he doesn't win. You could agree with me that they break no rules as long as they don't drive backwards. But I really wouldn't mind if an admin banned them. There's a little difference between playing rough and lame. When people do not enjoy because of your behavior, then you are being lame.

Well, I'm tired, I hope I explained it well..

Ivan Drago

PostTue Sep 20, 2011 4:08 am

dede wrote:Just imagine that there are two top players in the server, and 3 other guys. Those 3 guys decide to play against one of the top players. In every race they manage to push him out and make Drago-moves in order to make sure he doesn't win. You could agree with me that they break no rules as long as they don't drive backwards. But I really wouldn't mind if an admin banned them. There's a little difference between playing rough and lame. When people do not enjoy because of your behavior, then you are being lame.

Ehh.. I don't think the top player enjoys the first push either but even a top player has to take it. And if I come again then he's gonna be really pissed and the next races are going to be much more interesting :) You know what you are talking about as I remember you being targeted quite a lot back in the days, but don't you think that also made you better as an FC driver as you learned how to avoid the situations. It's just part of the game. And I haven't really blocked anyone to the corner yet, it's just been pushing 2-3 times in a row. Actually I think the corner blocking that has been done by me has targeted almost exclusively on Nike and I haven't seen him around in a while.

Also, after I've been ramming people everywhere, I've also got much action towards myself now and the races have been a lot more interesting than before. Without some tension and some fear when a familiar car is behind you in a corner, the races are would be plain boring racing with little occasional bumps.

And I point out again, of course I want to win while wrecking. But I'm not there yet. My speed simply isn't enough but it seems to be improving anyway.

Whiplash

PostTue Sep 20, 2011 11:16 am

dede wrote:In my own opinion full contact is not xbumpz: wrecking isn't the goal of the game. It's still a race, and the goal of the race is to win (or get the highest possible position). So, when I see people wrecking a player in a corner and then pointing their car against the wrecked player another time, while that player tries to get back on track, oh well, I consider it lame and annoying. That's not FC, it's XB.

Exactly!
Btw, I made some silence contracts with few players about allowing more (almost illegal) moves. Those moves are allowed in some specific race situations. That's why you'll never see me complain about any Matti's or Tijny's sick and dirty moves for example. :)
I guess that contract isn't signed up between Drago and Lux. :P
In general, I think that it's bad to see some fast driver humiliating an slower driver by some dirty moves, cause that could be frustrating for new players.

dede

PostTue Sep 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:You know what you are talking about as I remember you being targeted quite a lot back in the days, but don't you think that also made you better as an FC driver as you learned how to avoid the situations.

Yeah sure. I think it's fun to play battles like that. I'm often a target for many players, and I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't become their first goal in the server. Actions like waiting for your target and block him, bump him out and then go in the sand to bump him again / block him out.. well, this kind of actions can be annoying and should be avoided.
Let's not forget that it's a game and we are all trying to have fun. Lame moves like the ones described before can be very funny for you and for the ones who have the same target as you, but they are very annoying for your targets.

My own suggestion is to avoid to put your target on people you don't know too well. Or at least do not make him notice he is your target by making lame moves. You can damage a player by playing normal rough without being necessarily lame.

My suggestion to Lux and other admins involved in this discussion: use /kick and /ban only if needed and after warnings. The less actions, the better. After all, it's full contact! ;)

Ivan Drago

PostTue Sep 20, 2011 8:02 pm

dede wrote:My own suggestion is to avoid to put your target on people you don't know too well. Or at least do not make him notice he is your target by making lame moves. You can damage a player by playing normal rough without being necessarily lame.

Agreed. It usually takes something to become a target in the first place... and it's something more than just pushing me. For example, being a culo... ;)

dede wrote:My suggestion to Lux and other admins involved in this discussion: use /kick and /ban only if needed and after warnings. The less actions, the better. After all, it's full contact! ;)

AGREED!

shyguy1001

PostTue Sep 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Well I always honestly thought the only rule "break" was going BW, that's all I've ever banned REIROM for.. I guess waiting a lap to stop a leader is annoying and probably illegal, but I believe that waiting while leading for someone in say 4th is annoying but maybe not illegal, perhaps it's tactical to help someone or even yourself win the championship..

Jan

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 pm

When MaunoKasa started hosting Full Contact servers in the past it probably was the most fun time in TS for me. Back then everyone tried to beef everyone with no rules and everyone thought nice beefings were at least as satisfying than winning the race. People seem to take it too seriously now which is a shame. Also the tracks made the beefings possible. Now there are some real Full Contact tracks in the server but some "racing tracks" really should be replaced for some crazy ones. ;) I miss the Bowser Castle. :D

Ivan Drago

PostFri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 am

Jan wrote:When MaunoKasa started hosting Full Contact servers in the past it probably was the most fun time in TS for me. Back then everyone tried to beef everyone with no rules and everyone thought nice beefings were at least as satisfying than winning the race. People seem to take it too seriously now which is a shame. Also the tracks made the beefings possible. Now there are some real Full Contact tracks in the server but some "racing tracks" really should be replaced for some crazy ones. ;) I miss the Bowser Castle. :D

I totally agree with everything said here. Actually this is just what I've been trying to point out with my spamming in the past weeks. Thanks Jan for saying it out loud so well. :)

Buraczek

PostSat Sep 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Last lap darko.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2n5wp8
Is it BW ?? For me yes, but Matic said im just bw maker and all i can do is shut up.

After he banned O guy for this
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gggfc1
After finish.

Another Darko incident, again last lap. For me again bw.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4fs1f

Matic

Community User Level: 1

PostSat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Buraczek wrote:Last lap darko.
Is it BW ?? For me yes, but Matic said im just bw maker and all i can do is shut up.

After finish.

cry omg

i want to play this game too i cant know everything what happen in here in fc . and if i dont see what happen i cant count on u if is bw or not
for one think is for sure , if someone drive bw and i see it its ban or kick
i have nothing else to say for this situation
u overstate at that i think so cry cry cry

Matic

PostSat Sep 24, 2011 10:46 pm

After finish.

oh yeah now i see the video and Darko needs to be permanent ban and so on its all depend on tijny [/b]

Matic

PostSat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Matic wrote:

After finish.

and stop crying u pelbel u drive bw also. and u first goal is to ruins others game

and like dede says:
In my own opinion full contact is not xbumpz: wrecking isn't the goal of the game. It's still a race, and the goal of the race is to win (or get the highest possible position). So, when I see people wrecking a player in a corner and then pointing their car against the wrecked player another time, while that player tries to get back on track, oh well, I consider it lame and annoying. That's not FC, it's XB

Buraczek

PostSun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 am

Matic wrote:
and stop crying u pelbel u drive bw also. and u first goal is to ruins others game

Upload replay with me bw. If you dont have stop accusing. And upload replay with me, when my first goal is not to win. I have no idea how you can prove that this is my goal, if the only way to ruin others game
is bw, or waiting for them whole lap...

My last bw was this what shyguy uploaded here. Of course if we can call this bw....

i want to play this game too i cant know everything what happen in here in fc

Main problem is that, you ban only then when someone make bw against you. Also if someone say "Reirom bw", Pelbel bw, or other "bad guy" bw, you dont need to see this, you just ban.
Is that fair?? Hmmm

Im not crying, but its f*** annoying when 2,3 guys is making bw against you, and admin all have to say is "shut up". But if you make just little bad move, you can be sure, you will be banned.

dede

PostSun Sep 25, 2011 7:53 am

Del wrote:And I say the goal is to have fun and if somebody's idea of fun is just that so be it. You consider it lame, but will you ban for it?

Depends. If you are playing like that only against 1 player, then I would consider to ban you. If you are wrecking everybody just for the fun of it (randomly, without targeting on anybody), then I believe it's okaish.

Azev

Re:

PostTue Jun 02, 2015 3:29 pm

dede wrote:In my own opinion full contact is not xbumpz: wrecking isn't the goal of the game. It's still a race, and the goal of the race is to win (or get the highest possible position). So, when I see people wrecking a player in a corner and then pointing their car against the wrecked player another time, while that player tries to get back on track, oh well, I consider it lame and annoying. That's not FC, it's XB.

Does this still "applies" in 2015?

Some ppl just go there to throw others out and wreck their race, and don't care about racing or points... Where's the fun? This is a RACING game!

Whiplash

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostTue Jun 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Well, it's hard to force somebody to play for points if he doesn't want to. It's not a problem when somebody is focused more on killing, but he shouldn't be focused on a single player. If he's crashing to everyone, that's ok, I guess.
But, sooner or later, he'll get a desire for winning the races/cups. :wink:

Jan

PostTue Jun 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:It's not a problem when somebody is focused more on killing, but he shouldn't be focused on a single player.

In my opinion a part of trying to win the cup includes targeting the current cup leader. I actually would like to encourage players ganging up against the leader more. I don't see anything wrong with it as it's part of the fun even if I am the targeted one. I just take it as a challenge. ^^

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am

yep i agree beefing someone because he is higher in the standings of the current cup is not a problem.
however ganging up on someone (as in rape someone as a group) is going to get abused too much, if you beef someone because he has more points then you do and you can decrease the gap in points or get in front in the standings accepted.

but i really doubt thats what made avez post, i think hes talking about the players who wait on other players just to beef where we can easily refer back to what dede said and call that laming.

it has happend to me lately aswell that people were targeting me but ive done not much about it.
in the past i wouldve cried faster maybe, but this is something to look out for and it should be taught that winning the cup should be the first objective doing your best in the cup should be your 2nd objective.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Azev

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:
but i really doubt thats what made avez post, i think hes talking about the players who wait on other players just to beef where we can easily refer back to what dede said and call that laming.

Yup, you got that right, I cannot understand that.

I played this game a long time ago, with fairplay, and I'm still getting used do this "new type" of racing, but getting there, I guess... (Few more years and I'll be pushing you all out :twisted: :lol:)
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion