It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:23 pm


[Racing Servers] RULES

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 1:06 pm

It pisses me off how some players just do what they want, and never get banned!

Torello just did one cup going bw on some races, others waiting on track to block and finishing with 0 laps, and others just going trought the map to hit someone...

I don't even bother to call any admin just to hear "Torello be good".

Nope, some idiots will NEVER play by the rules!
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2322
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I'll try to convince Tijny to make voting for "ban a player" too. I believe that will help.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostMon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 am

Whiplash wrote:I'll try to convince Tijny to make voting for "ban a player" too. I believe that will help.


That could work sometimes, but I guess it would be abused by some players too...
Offline
User avatar

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm
  • Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 am

Yes that can suck. I learned lessons from them. One, they are like obstacle, treat them as moving chicane, keep a minds eye on them. They can ruin everything, but I don't really mind random bw or screwing around. When someone targets a specific player thats when it gets boring. Second, we kind of need them for our own sanity. The whole fun of this game is that not everything is nailed down and that there is room for thisnkind of stuff. It reminds us of our rules and the gaps in them, and we need these enfants terribles to keep group together ;-)

Though I agree, especially when they know nobody is watching. Bw in plain sight more heroic. I understand the annoyance. It sucks and there should be some sort of consequence, though not too harsh. We need the players, and I think its not that kind of game.

Consider this. Given the amount of freedom we have in this game to f around, we are overall very neat and polite I think. Now consider the rest of the Internet. We are very docile given our power not to be docile.

Except Alex Novo, he's a horror. Never leaves me be. I have nightmares from which I cannot kick

;-)
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 11:33 am

Oompa wrote:
Except Alex Novo, he's a horror. Never leaves me be. I have nightmares from which I cannot kick

;-)


I would love to see the look on some faces when the message AlexNovo connected appears. :lol:
Offline

Grunf

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:28 pm

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Sep 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Going like the arrow points, and hit that car, is this allowed?

Image
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Sep 19, 2015 2:58 pm

The post above is mine, made login with my old account! Didn't even know I had one... :shock: :lol:
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2322
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Sep 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Grunf wrote:Going like the arrow points, and hit that car, is this allowed?

Of course it's not.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Sep 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Grunf wrote:Going like the arrow points, and hit that car, is this allowed?

Of course it's not.


You have some admins who don't know the rules, so tell Jurgen to stop doing that...
Offline
User avatar

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1131
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 am
  • Location: Germany

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 5:27 am

Good picture there. The tactical hit there would include a short time of driving backwards. So i never used it, even this strategy looked promising. dede on the other side used it once vs me and as far as i remember it felt normal/ok to him and probably turned out that this move is okay at the fullcontact server. But without another server admin comment, i'd suggest to play it safe and don't drive backwards in a way to hit other cars.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostWed Nov 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!

Some guy appears at the server, announcing other servers (scarts or whatever), and I said "shut up". Then I got mutted for 10000s? Is this for real???
Offline
User avatar

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm
  • Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 6:24 am

It basically ends the competition.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2322
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Azev wrote:Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!

Some guy appears at the server, announcing other servers (scarts or whatever), and I said "shut up". Then I got mutted for 10000s? Is this for real???

I wonder who that was, because it's not a nice behavior for an admin. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke?
Offline
User avatar

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1514
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Azev wrote:Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!

Some guy appears at the server, announcing other servers (scarts or whatever), and I said "shut up". Then I got mutted for 10000s? Is this for real???

I wonder who that was, because it's not a nice behavior for an admin. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke?

If the admin in question doesn't step forward to explain himself, I will do it for him: it was quite clearly Jurgen who muted you.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Tijny wrote:
Whiplash wrote:
Azev wrote:Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!

Some guy appears at the server, announcing other servers (scarts or whatever), and I said "shut up". Then I got mutted for 10000s? Is this for real???

I wonder who that was, because it's not a nice behavior for an admin. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke?

If the admin in question doesn't step forward to explain himself, I will do it for him: it was quite clearly Jurgen who muted you.


He was the only admin there, but you never know... Thank you for clarifying that, Tijny.

And no Whip, was not a joke, it was just like I said, If you have logs you can check it. Was just before my forum posting.

We play this online to have fun with other people, no need to ruin that fun abusing power.
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 718
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 5:28 am

did not know i had to explain this situation but fine

indeed i muted azev why?

Burnout has been a player for over a decade like myself.

the thing is he has been hosting his league for many years now aswell since 2008, azev didnt even play this game back then.

so what he is informing about his league in the FC server, he has been doing that since 2008.

i found all the comments of shut up to be disrespectful against someone who has contributed to this game for ages and i randomly picked 1 of those comments and set an example, this time out of azev(nothing personal).

i do not feel i did anything wrong there.
but maybe i should have explained the reason yet i thought it was obvious why.
since azev himself said next cup maybe it was burnout himself, in other words you could understand why he would mute you if he had done it.

but oh well lets look at what would have happened if i had explained within the server then.

i explain the same reasoning above in the server and everyone groups against me untill 1 person crosses my boundary and i ban his ass for the remainder of the cup.

let me also partially quote you back azev

We play this online to have fun with other people, no need to ruin that fun demotivating others.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Hejman

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:47 pm
  • Location: Bydgoszcz (Poland)/ Bovenkarspel (Netherlands)

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't have nothing againts you mr.Jurgen .... maybe in few situations you are not so objective (Saw it also by myself). Already you muted next person in the game without reason (Icee). Just calm down mate !

"We play this online to have fun with other people, no need to ruin that fun demotivating others" ;)
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:the thing is he has been hosting his league for many years now aswell since 2008, azev didnt even play this game back then.


Oh, you are so wrong... I have an account created at this forum, from 2004 (1 day after Tijny registered). That's when I started playing this game. 2004 till 2005/6, I think. From that time I only remember W_I_L_L (easy to remember), karma, Mike Nike and Kobradog.
I came back a few months ago, as a noob, had to learn (still doing it) everything again.

i found all the comments of shut up to be disrespectful against someone who has contributed to this game for ages and i randomly picked 1 of those comments and set an example, this time out of azev(nothing personal).


Are you serious??? We are playing the cup, trash talking each others, and some guy (I don't care if he plays for 10 years or 10 days) came in and starts advertising his cup, and youtube transmissions, and whatever, SEVERAL times.

You have no excuse, don't forget the other examples, like icee, or 'Ccezz (banned for trash talking), and there's more, with the Italians. For me it's power abuse. They annoy you, and puff, gone.
Look at Whip, everybody trashs talks at him, he trash talks back, no mutes/bans!

I don't want to annoy you, I'm just giving my opinion, and shoowing you how I see things.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2322
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 5:34 pm

To be honest, I've seen Burnout advertising his competition few times while I was playing FC with other people too. And that's really annoying sometimes, especially because he's not achieving anything by doing that. All the SCARTS followers will know when there is a competition going on - I guess that's what's subscription is used for.

If Burnout is reading this, I suggest him to run the SCARTS by using the official TS website. That will allow him to announce every event so that people don't miss it easily. That's exactly what we're doing with out Full Contact Competition. There is no need for extra advertising (read: spamming).
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 718
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 5:38 pm

im fine with some trash talk our egos need it.

i can take some trash talk aswell no problem but when your deliberately pushing my buttons and your aim is to ruin my fun instead of playing your own game ye thats when i use some power and i ussually warn kick before i ban ass. (example given Cezzionnale) seems to have helped no problems with this guy for over a month or longer

your case fine your a veteran driver great welcome back.

Are you serious??? We are playing the cup, trash talking each others, and some guy (I don't care if he plays for 10 years or 10 days) came in and starts advertising his cup, and youtube transmissions, and whatever, SEVERAL times.

again i reply with so what if he does? let him he doesnt spam it several times he always does it once..

also so what if you got muted? you chose to be disrespectful there why not play the cup (1race? 2 races left?) muted and take it like a man? its not like i banned you out of the game or whatever

"I don't want to annoy you, I'm just giving my opinion, and shoowing you how I see things."
same here only i dont start the conversation/discussion with:

Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 718
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Whiplash wrote:To be honest, I've seen Burnout advertising his competition few times while I was playing FC with other people too. And that's really annoying sometimes, especially because he's not achieving anything by doing that. All the SCARTS followers will know when there is a competition going on - I guess that's what's subscription is used for.

If Burnout is reading this, I suggest him to run the SCARTS by using the official TS website. That will allow him to announce every event so that people don't miss it easily. That's exactly what we're doing with out Full Contact Competition. There is no need for extra advertising (read: spamming).


hmm he does achieve little but he does achieve something thats why he continues with this way of advertising last season i remember laf being quite active in scarts a player scooped from the FC server i also remember reirom going there who else i saw hevonen play it sometimes quite a lot acctually if i think about it

now i never said that it isnt annoying but you cant tell ppl to shut up just because you dont want to read it....
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Hevonen

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 162
  • Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:00 am
  • Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostSun Nov 15, 2015 10:04 am

I agree you can't say "shut up" even though you don't care about SCARTS, be nice. I always feel bad actually not to join, but it's just so complicated, cars and tracks take forever to load.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:im fine with some trash talk our egos need it.

i can take some trash talk aswell no problem but when your deliberately pushing my buttons and your aim is to ruin my fun instead of playing your own game ye thats when i use some power and i ussually warn kick before i ban ass. (example given Cezzionnale) seems to have helped no problems with this guy for over a month or longer

your case fine your a veteran driver great welcome back.

Are you serious??? We are playing the cup, trash talking each others, and some guy (I don't care if he plays for 10 years or 10 days) came in and starts advertising his cup, and youtube transmissions, and whatever, SEVERAL times.

again i reply with so what if he does? let him he doesnt spam it several times he always does it once..

also so what if you got muted? you chose to be disrespectful there why not play the cup (1race? 2 races left?) muted and take it like a man? its not like i banned you out of the game or whatever

"I don't want to annoy you, I'm just giving my opinion, and shoowing you how I see things."
same here only i dont start the conversation/discussion with:

Here I am again, complaining about the idiot admins!


Even if I dont agree with it, thank you for taking the time to answer and trying to clarify this.
Yup, the "idiot admins" was a bit too much, but I was pissed...
I see "f*** you" all the time, and we can't say "shut up"?

Well, we aren't going to agree on this, so I'll see you on the racetrack, where you can kick my ass... As usual... :? :D
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 718
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 11:55 am

Well im not unsensitive about these things Avez, and your right i sometimes cross the line aswell.

Whenever you see me say F*** you or whatever and its not because i got rapeth on some sort of track.
I encourage you to speak up against me at that point and try and show me what i am doing wrong i am not perfect either :) .

and ill keep in mind not to pick you from a pile of players next time :oops:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:Well im not unsensitive about these things Avez, and your right i sometimes cross the line aswell.

Whenever you see me say F*** you or whatever and its not because i got rapeth on some sort of track.
I encourage you to speak up against me at that point and try and show me what i am doing wrong i am not perfect either :) .

and ill keep in mind not to pick you from a pile of players next time :oops:


Yup, nobody's perfect. And it's not that easy to stay in line, I liked the way you handled things, but know I see that Whiplash way may seem better. Although he's too soft sometimes eheh
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest