It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:05 pm

[Racing Servers] RULES

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Re: [Racing Servers] RULES

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Ok, finally had a little search by myself at the forum..

whip said that the moves in this vid are allowed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDClv2SlYY

At 1:38 car drives slightly bw, trying to hit whip.
So, going on a short bw-hunt seems to be allowed.

3:27 what a snooker pro :D (accidently, but still looked cool :D)

3:41 woah, snooker pro! again though: slightly bw driven here
fun to watch, but surprising that this is allowed..
already weird to invest time to hit someone who is still offroad or just got on road again after being beefed, while there is still someone in front to catch.
although that can be race and cupwise a good decision.
whip kinda hits a car 2 positions back (yeah..as a strategy, race and cupwise, this can be good though)
but if that is allowed AND driving bw to hit someone, then especially driving bw on u-turns or 270 degree turns don't really feel unfair (unless of course it is strictly forbidden by the people who may decide about the rules)

so...which are the people here who decide the rules? serverowner only?

Tijny

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Mike Nike wrote:At 1:38 car drives slightly bw, trying to hit whip.
So, going on a short bw-hunt seems to be allowed.
Because this is EXACTLY what the kamikaze shortcut is there for, there is no way that this could ever be bw.
Mike Nike wrote:3:41 woah, snooker pro! again though: slightly bw driven here
already weird to invest time to hit someone who is still offroad or just got on road again after being beefed, while there is still someone in front to catch.
Are you serious? It's clear from the video that Whip had already finished his race and just hit the black car (who wasn't even playing!) for fun, probably not knowing it would carambole into the incoming traffic.
Mike Nike wrote:but if that is allowed AND driving bw to hit someone, then especially driving bw on u-turns or 270 degree turns don't really feel unfair (unless of course it is strictly forbidden by the people who may decide about the rules)
The thing about 180 or 270 degree turns is that there is a clear separation between the legal and illegal paths, almost always in the form of an obstacle. Going on the wrong side of those obstacles, that is bw. In absolutely no way does this compare to what you see in the video.

Mike Nike wrote:so...which are the people here who decide the rules? serverowner only?
I wrote up a very brief set of rules that was displayed at the start of every FC cup, but ultimately it's up to the admins themselves to decide what they feel is acceptable and what isn't, because usually it's a judgment call above all.

Mike Nike

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Tijny wrote:... there is no way that this could ever be bw

Well, let's imagine a server with the rule "bw in any form is not allowed" and someone goes mathematicly slightly bw, like the car or whip (later in the vid) did.
Players like me would think they are safe from getting pushed, if they locate their car before the kamikaze-exit, since it would mean for the kamikaze driver to drive right after the exit (basicly driving bw at that point then) in order to hit me.
If you wanna say though, there is no way that we should ever forbid to go slightly bw there, because it's more fun that way for example, i'm fine with that, as long as the rules clearly allow it.

Are you serious? It's clear from the video that Whip had already finished his race and just hit the black car (who wasn't even playing!) for fun, probably not knowing it would carambole into the incoming traffic.

On the first watch i thought he just slowed down. Now i see it, too...
That still leaves questions though: is that billardpush allowed after the race (i'd bet not)? is it allowed if whip would still be in lap 2 or 3 [if yes, is it (still) allowed, if he has to actually go slightly bw to perform that move properly?] ?

Tijny

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Well, let's imagine a server with the rule "bw in any form is not allowed" and someone goes mathematicly slightly bw, like the car or whip (later in the vid) did.
Players like me would think they are safe from getting pushed, if they locate their car before the kamikaze-exit, since it would mean for the kamikaze driver to drive right after the exit (basicly driving bw at that point then) in order to hit me.
If you wanna say though, there is no way that we should ever forbid to go slightly bw there, because it's more fun that way for example, i'm fine with that, as long as the rules clearly allow it.

I think the main issue here is that you're approaching things too mathematically — sure, looking at it that way you might see it as backward driving. From a practical perspective however, I will argue that as long as the guy taking the kamikaze shortcut scores a lateral hit on his victim instead of a full-frontal one, it's a legal Full Contact move. That's a decent enough rule of thumb for me, but of course it's still a judgment call and your mileage may vary.

Mike Nike wrote:That still leaves questions though: is that billardpush allowed after the race (i'd bet not)? is it allowed if whip would still be in lap 2 or 3 [if yes, is it (still) allowed, if he has to actually go slightly bw to perform that move properly?] ?
I wouldn't condone such a move in any case, and if someone makes a habit of pushing inanimate cars into oncoming traffic, I will say something about it. Still, I wouldn't be too anal about it, because like in the video, it can lead to good comedy. :)

Whiplash

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Mike Nike wrote:3:41 woah, snooker pro! again though: slightly bw driven here

Well, in that particular case, my move was illegal - because I finished my race and I was supposed to park my car after the finish line. Still, it was so hilarious that I couldn't resist not to include it in my video.

In case that I was in 1st-2nd lap, that move would be legal (knowing that it wasn't the only thing I was focused in the race).

About other general rules:
FC should be a type of competing where hitting is always better way to overtake someone than just to pass him by your speed. If we make the rules more restrictive, the FC will become less attractive. We should understand that FC is more than just a rough driving.
It can't be coincidence that I've never got in discussion if something is allowed there or not with most of the FC players. So, there are a quite clear rules in our brains, but we just can't write them all on the paper. To get the FC rules, you simply have to play FC. :wink:

Mike Nike

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 am

http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... onable.jpg

1) allowed or not in FCC?
b) allowed or not in knockout tourney (only last place loses a life)?

Sig used this move, kinda stating it is normal for him, if i remember it right..
cup type was b)

Tijny

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:23 pm

wtf man... that seems bw total... sig perm ipban?

if reirom do this he get ban easy..... seems unfair mangs.....

i will fight for justice..... uhauhauha peace.......

Luke

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 pm

It was yesterday, in Knockdown mode. We (me and Sig) were playing just for fun, just because we are in 5 or 6 players, I think. We did the same thing with Reirom and he didn't cry. You take things too serioulsy sometimes, it was just a joke, take it easy, bro.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sig

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Mike Nike wrote:http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/bw/ts_bw_by_sig_questionable.jpg

1) allowed or not in FCC?
b) allowed or not in knockout tourney (only last place loses a life)?

Sig used this move, kinda stating it is normal for him, if i remember it right..
cup type was b)

As I see it, I still think that the FC is allowed! I think most would agree with me, I pushed you to grass, I took a turn and went back to push again, causing me to gain time in Knockdonw mode. This is FC, Mike! BW for me is when you run wildly in the opposite direction to hit others and I did not. If you offended, I apologize but I will continue running aggressively and fun.
Sig, since 2006.

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Well, I'm not going to say anything, just watch the race I attached and take your own conclusions.
Attachments
2016.09.21-22.22-k-Vino.client.rar
(19.01 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Whiplash

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 am

Connection problems.

Azev

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 9:31 am

Whiplash wrote:Connection problems.

What are you talking about? :lol:

I want you to see Jurgen's behavior on the first lap.

Whiplash

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 am

Azev wrote:I want you to see Jurgen's behavior on the first lap.

Ah, yeah, ban.
Previous

Return to General Discussion