I'm new

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rzn1986

I'm new

Post by rzn1986 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 am

Hello, I'm new here, hopefully I posted this in the right place.

Found TS a while ago, I've practiced some, bought a license now so when I receive it, be prepared for the worst. 8) :P

j/k, I think there's a lot I need to learn, driving like a gentleman for example...

Scud
Community User Level: 3

Post by Scud » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome... Nice to see new player, specially in this forum. Hope you will have good times with TS. Enjoy!

rzn1986

Post by rzn1986 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Scud wrote:Welcome... Nice to see new player, specially in this forum. Hope you will have good times with TS. Enjoy!
Hi, thanks for the welcome, just drove some of your track, my driver name is Rick van Helden. :D

Mouse
Community User Level: 5

Re: I'm new

Post by Mouse » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:31 am

rzn1986 wrote:I think there's a lot I need to learn, driving like a gentleman for example...
That's not something to learn, if you try to be fair (try not to bump, block ect..) then you're an gentleman. :wink: It's impossible to avoid contact all the time especially for a newbie, so don't worry.

Have fun.

rzn1986

Post by rzn1986 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:54 am

Mouse wrote:
rzn1986 wrote:I think there's a lot I need to learn, driving like a gentleman for example...
That's not something to learn, if you try to be fair (try not to bump, block ect..) then you're an gentleman. :wink: It's impossible to avoid contact all the time especially for a newbie, so don't worry.

Have fun.
Hi, I found that out too. Was kind of worried about this since I only played offline by then and wasn't too friendly to the AI. But I play fair. :D

Did I miss the big turbosliders days btw? servers are kind of quiet

Have had a lot of fun with the GPOR though :D

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:40 pm

rzn1986 wrote:Did I miss the big turbosliders days btw? servers are kind of quiet
Not necessarily. Usually when I play, I go into the default cars server (Community Server [BEL]). When I begin, there's no other player there, just me. Then, maybe somebody else will join. But that somebody wouldn't have joined if there was 0 players. And of course, the more players in the server, the more likely other players are to join.

What I'm trying to say is, if you think the servers are quiet... enter a server with nobody in and stay there. When I do this with the default cars server, I begin in an empty server and usually end up with about 10 players there by the time I leave... and if you do this regularly, people begin to pick up on the fact that that server usually has more people in, therefore meaning that people are more likely to go there again :wink:

dede

Post by dede » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:02 pm

iBlaze got a good point there, that's what we do usually. We keep in contact through msn, also, so we can invite other players to some servers when we want to race.

About the "good TS days", I started playing in summer 05 and I must admit there was quite much activity at demo servers. I spent there about 6 hours/day at first days, trying to battle for second last position! As long as I know, best days (basing on servers activity) were in 2004 with TS 0.86b, when there were players playing about 24h/day. But it was quite a different story, since the game was freeware.

Right now the game can be considered freeware, but there hasn't been much advertising around since the day Ande released TS 2.0.0, so we mainly have only full version players. But with some advertising, best TS days might be yet to come.. who knows :P
Last edited by dede on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 pm

rzn1986 wrote:Did I miss the big turbosliders days btw? servers are kind of quiet
It's nothing new the servers are quiet. Most of weekdays they are quiet on daytime. In evening you can find players randomly on servers, just keep watching Servers List and join when there is much enough players. Also keep an eye on Competitions, monthly we have some kind of racing competitions.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi, i'm kinda new around here as well. I've met a few people in servers but it would be great to get to know more people :)

Etana
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Etana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi, i'm kinda new around here as well. I've met a few people in servers but it would be great to get to know more people :)
How about registering with some nick first, could be little easier to get known with not being anonymous :)

Anyway, welcome to TS!

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:37 am

Etana wrote:How about registering with some nick first, could be little easier to get known with not being anonymous :)

Anyway, welcome to TS!
my bad lol