Who reads the forum?

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Who reads the forum?

Post by dede » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:24 pm

I have several questions for TurboSliders players, so it would be appreciated if people reading the forum (even if they don't play anymore) answer to this topic.
You are free to select only few questions, if you don't have time to argument all of them. I will have to take some important decisions soon, so I'd like to have the biggest feedback in the shortest possible time (possibly within 1 week).

The Website
1) How often do you visit TurboSliders.com and the Forum?
2) Do you read all new Forum topics since last visit?
3) Do you like how TurboSliders.com & the Forum are administrated? If not, explain why.
4) What do you use TurboSliders.com for?
5) What are the features (offered by the website) you like the most?
6) What are the features (offered by the website) you did never use?
7) What's missing in the TurboSliders.com website?
8) Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features, advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".

The Game
9) How often do you play TurboSliders? Normally, when do you play (e.g. "from 20 GMT to 22 GMT couple at Sundays")?
10) Do you play online? If yes, what are your favourite servers?
11) Do you play offline? If yes, what do you play?
12) What are the game-mods you play the most?
13) How often do you race with default cars? If you rarely race (or at all) with default cars, why is that?
14) Do you like the current servers organization? If not, what would you change?
15) If TurboSliders didn't implement mods like PunaBall, X-BumpZ, Infiltration (..) but just default cars racing, would you still play the game?
16) Are you happy with the current number of players in servers? If not, what would you suggest to increase it?
17) Do you like organized cups, generally?
18) How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.
19) What are the organized cups you join, usually?
20) Have you ever organized a cup/tournament? If not, are you planning to organize any in the future? If you still don't want to organize tournaments, explain why.

Other
21) Do you play any other PC/console games?
22) Do you play any other PC/console games more than TurboSliders?
23) Do you play any other similar games similar to TurboSliders (e.g. MiniRacingOnline, GeneRally..)? If yes, what do they offer more than TurboSliders?
24) Would you consider playing a game similar to TurboSliders? If yes, what should the game offer (eventually, mention the TurboSliders features/mods you would like to find there too)?
Last edited by dede on Mon May 04, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

olio
Community User Level: 2

Re: Who reads the forum?

Post by olio » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

The Website
1. How often do you visit TurboSliders.com and the Forum?
Daily.
2. Do you read all new Forum topics since last visit?
Yes.
3. Do you like how TurboSliders.com & the Forum are administrated? If not, explain why.
I have no opinion on this, so I guess it means that I'm satisfied with the system.
4. What do you use TurboSliders.com for?
To check forum, cup results and servers list.
5. What are the features (offered by the website) you like the most?
Forum, cup results and servers list.
6. What are the features (offered by the website) you did never use?
My content, downloads etc. But that's just me not using them, they are useful.
7. What's missing in the TurboSliders.com website?
Sub-forums for teams, pb ranking, racing ranking.
8. Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features, advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".
I don't have any skills :D

The Game
9. How often do you play TurboSliders? Normally, when do you play (e.g. "from 20 GMT to 22 GMT couple at Sundays")?
Some hours/week. Time varies.
10. Do you play online? If yes, what are your favourite servers?
Yes. CS BEL.
11. Do you play offline? If yes, what do you play?
No.
12. What are the game-mods you play the most?
Racing, puna occasionally.
13. How often do you race with default cars? If you rarely race (or at all) with default cars, why is that?
Weekly. There isn't much drivers to race with.
14. Do you like the current servers organization? If not, what would you change?
PB-ranking (pesol) would be nice to be added to ts.com. And also I'd like to see TheDude's get the ranking back online on his server. And of course it would be kewl to have that ranking adapted to ts.com too.
15. If TurboSliders didn't implement mods like PunaBall, X-BumpZ, Infiltration (..) but just default cars racing, would you still play the game?
Yes.
16. Are you happy with the current number of players in servers? If not, what would you suggest to increase it?
Nope. Advertising and the ranking things meantioned above.
17. Do you like organized cups, generally?
Yes.
18. How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.
When I can. Unfortunately cups are usually at weekends, and nowadays weekends are bad time for me to join cups.
19. What are the organized cups you join, usually?
When I can, I join almost everything except Anti-exclusive cups :D
20. Have you ever organized a cup/tournament? If not, are you planning to organize any in the future? If you still don't want to organize tournaments, explain why.
No. I always plan to organize, but I never do.

Other
21. Do you play any other PC/console games?
Yes.
22. Do you play any other PC/console games more than TurboSliders?
Probably no.
23. Do you play any other similar games similar to TurboSliders (e.g. MiniRacingOnline, GeneRally..)? If yes, what do they offer more than TurboSliders?
No.
24. Would you consider playing a game similar to TurboSliders? If yes, what should the game offer (eventually, mention the TurboSliders features/mods you would like to find there too)?
Yes. More players than TS, good playability and the same amount of fun. I have noticed that the playability and fun in TS are hard to beat.

Scud
Community User Level: 3

Post by Scud » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

The Website
Daily
Almost
3) Do you like how TurboSliders.com & the Forum are administrated? If not, explain why.
Its fine
Checking out servers list, cups/results, forum & downloads
Servers list & ranking
Chat
Default car racing rank... Gpor-style could work in CS Bel :wink:
8) Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features, advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".
Yes, advertise...

The Game
9) How often do you play TurboSliders? Normally, when do you play (e.g. "from 20 GMT to 22 GMT couple at Sundays")?
Every day
CS Bel & DIT
Not really...
Fairplay racing, wank & puna
13) How often do you race with default cars? If you rarely race (or at all) with default cars, why is that?
Every day
14) Do you like the current servers organization? If not, what would you change?
I think so...
15) If TurboSliders didn't implement mods like PunaBall, X-BumpZ, Infiltration (..) but just default cars racing, would you still play the game?
Sure!
16) Are you happy with the current number of players in servers? If not, what would you suggest to increase it?
No
Sometimes
18) How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.
Pretty much always...
Racing & wank
20) Have you ever organized a cup/tournament? If not, are you planning to organize any in the future? If you still don't want to organize tournaments, explain why.
Yes i have

Other
In these days only TS & Modern Warfare (online)
Nope
23) Do you play any other similar games similar to TurboSliders (e.g. MiniRacingOnline, GeneRally..)? If yes, what do they offer more than TurboSliders?
Nope
24) Would you consider playing a game similar to TurboSliders? If yes, what should the game offer (eventually, mention the TurboSliders features/mods you would like to find there too)?
Dont know...
~siLciR <3~

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 pm

almost everyay
No, just the ones that seem interesting to me.
Yes
Servers List and Forum.
5) What are the features (offered by the website) you like the most? Cups Calendar
A more appealing design, something that shows the game itself more. Much information is on personal/team websites i would like to see all of that centralized on ts.com.

The Game
almost everyday ,always after 20 GMT until i have motivation
10) Do you play online? If yes, what are your favourite servers?Yes. CS BEL
No.
Puna and racing all the time others when somethings up.
I dont see nothing wrong with it.
Yes
16) Are you happy with the current number of players in servers? If not, what would you suggest to increase it?Of course not, well i think we have to hook the newcomers with lots of fun, so more rough, infiltration,xbumpz servers are needed.
Yes, we should have more
How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.
Everytime i can
IRT is definately the best but i usually join most of them.
I did, and i can organize more.
Other
PS3
No
tryed em all, none compares to TS
donno depends of how "similar" is that

fixxxer
Community User Level: 1

Post by fixxxer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:06 pm

The Website
Daily.
Yes.
Can't complain.
Not much. Cups results, mostly.
Track hosting (don't use it due to inability to host online cups), all cups results/calendar in the same place
Wiki, chat, TSR-recordings.

Not until August. After that, don't know.

The Game
Daily. Excluding personal reasons, I tend to play every cup. Regarding Sunday's cups, it depends on whether Benfica plays.
Yes. The "normal" ones :x Community, Puna, old day's serial's, r9's, devic's, whoever's anti-slider racing...
Rarely. Training for iRAC's tracks..
Puna (24-hour server and it only needs other 3 players)
Rarely. Don't like its sliding/constant crashes/out of track, don't feel i'm competitive.
I don't understand the current organization. Puna community, Puna USA, Fair play default cars and then a bunch of servers that are always empty or so it seems. DIT and ranking servers are fine.
Probably. Depends on available server
I'd like a little bit more on daily racing. Something like the daily racing like we had for more that a year with anti-slider rough racing. But the only difference is really 6 or 7 portuguese guys that don't play now (reasons: can't play 2.0.0v, is in Switzerland, can't host anymore due to router issues, boyfriend moved to Switzerland, ...)
Yes.
See 9). Cups that go longer than 21:30CET on Mondays and Wednesdays are "no, no" cups. And Fridays (from September to March, usually).
All. See 9)
No. Guess not but would like to. Lack of entrepreneurship.
Other
Not relevant. (Minesweeper, Freecell, magic lines, ...)
No.
No. Have played GeneRally before. When playing with multi-players on the same computer/keyboard, GeneRally has more tracks with a "normal" zoom-level (at least, 4 years ago), whereas in TS it was more difficult to find right tracks (exception with the J_Mini (?) package)
Never say never. But aside for number of players/servers/cups, can't think of a reason to change..

dede

Post by dede » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for those who answered so far. I'd like to underline that your feedback is really very important right now, even if you never post anything to the forum or if you don't play very actively. In the first days of May, I will have to take important decisions about the game, so please take care of leaving your opinion until it'll be too late.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:53 pm

The Website
- Every day
- All topics except cup / league related ones
- Yes
- To see what's happening in the community
- Player profiles, download section.. among others
- Downloads
- ____
- Would like to help, but I'm rather busy. Could maybe help make gameplay videos.

The Game
- Don't play anymore. Few odd races every few months maybe.
- Puna, classic community server
- Sometimes I'll "simulate" races with bots for fun
- Fuel racing, puna
- Often liked only Antislider, and it was probably most of my racing.
- _____
- Yes
- ______
- Yes
- Don't join cups anymore. It was hard because I'm in New York, and it forces me to play early (when I'm at work) or on the weekend.
- Antislider, F1.. any "Sim" cups.
- Have organized and hosted quite a few cups. I don't organize anymore because I don't have the time.

Other
- Many on PC, PS3, X360: Music, Shooters, racers, RPGs, sports...
- Everything now, especially music games and Call of Duty.
- Nothing similar to TS
- Nah TS is all i need for this kind of game.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am

The Website
Daily.
Most of them.
Well, I don't like how every little thing needs verification. But overall yes I guess.
To keep up-to-date with the community, and to know about organised cups.
Server list, player profiles, cup calendar/results.
Multimedia and extra downloadable content, tools, TSRs, etc.
Team section. Would also be nice to have a different version of the chat feature (since I could never figure the current one out lol) maybe one like Facebook IM would be better?

The Game
Quite often, but randomly. Anytime between 18:00 and 2:00 GMT there is a possibility I will be there lol.
Yes. Community Server [BEL].
Yes. DIT wanking lol.
Default car racing, but I play everything.
Quite often. In Community Server [BEL], organised cups, etc.
No opinion really.
Yes.
It's always nice to have more players, and I guess advertising is the way to go to achieve that.
Yes.
Majority of organised cups, I'm there for lol.
IRT, IHLC, TNC, iRAC, some other random ones lol.
Yes, the iRSC and the XBX!

Other
GP4, TrackMania, GRID... but not that often.
Nope.

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:37 pm

The Website
Couple of times a week.
Usually yes.
No problems with it.
Just check the forum to see what's happening here.
Forum and the server list.
Downloads, chat etc.

The Game

(Note: In this context I treat STS as a different "game" than TS because they have different communities of players.)

Not much anymore. Sometimes if I have time and see an interesting server I may go in.
When I used to play regularly, I liked most normal default car racing, puna, Full Contact and the nights in Community Server.
Nope.
Puna.
If I still played the game, I wouldn't quit because of the mods' absence.
Yes.
18 ) How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.
Rarely. It's not because of bad scheduling.
I have organised some puna-tournaments in the past.

Other
Yeah many different games.
Nowadays yes. When I used to play TS regularly, no.
If STS is considered as a different game, then yes. It offers at least the league system and a very nice community.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm

The Website
Daily.
Yes.
It's ok.
Forums.
Tracks.
About, introduce to the game.

The Game
Not so much random online playing. When there is something competition going on then I play more.
Competitions, cups..
Crash racing with AI players ^__^
I would like to see finally thedude 2.0.0 server working. That's all I need, I could be there 24/7 then.
Yes, crash racing cups.
IRT, IHLC, iRAC
Some, but I don't want to organize any big tournament/cup no more.

Other
Now on PC I play TS and GP2. I have also GC, PS2 and Xbox 360.
That depends. Last week I played Bioshock about 6 hours daily, not now because I played it through. I love good RPG, adventure and racing games and I could easily spend a whole day with it.
Not at the moment, but I'm looking forward for next interesting 2D racing game. TS should be released on Xbox 360! That could be the only reason to buy Live time.
Slicks 'n' Slide which started all this shit. See http://www.digitalfootmark.com/?pr=slix
GeneRally "the next generation SnS game". I would play it more, but it's missing newtork options.

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm

The Website
4-5 times for week
depends on argument
yes
read something new or to help someone in trouble...sometimes looking for a hosted game
the server list
searching new tracks
a graphic department :)
do you now all my skills ive used for TS

The Game
if a good server is up i'll join instantly, from 20 to 23 and any hours during the weekend
sure, racing mode with fair players...i prefer antisliders server :)
sometimes to test some crazy mode or something new
racing
constantly if a server is up with antisliders...and some cars like my toca "f1 become boring"
no because they are similar, nothing different
sure
better of 1.08 for sure
in past yes, now no more
no more, i prefer live racing or in some cases if i like tracks/cars
where you run for the winner :)
sure!! more than 1

Other
at this time, no, i play 3-4 browser game including my BG
sure :) my BG
no
yes if it offer basic engine of TS with the all features racing implementation that TS missing, like: weather effect/visuali, animated parts of the track like (spectator at border of the track, water, birds, pitstops), and something like box where before the race you can personalize your car in chassis and paramenters and many more feature :)

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 pm

The Website

Not very often,anymore. Once a week, maybe, or if someone links a topic from the forum to the irc.

No.

Sure.

Forum. Servers list occasionally.

Forum. Tracks is good as well.

Most of them.

Possibility to download tracks in packages. Downloading one by one is so slow.

My skill is spamming on irc.

The Game

Not very often lately, unfortunately.

Yes. PB, Rough cups.

No.

PB. PB is also the only mod that's always available and always has players

When there are anti-only or slider-only cups. Anti preferably with fuel. However, I don't really get this default cars-thing. I really loved the GPOR F1 last year before christmas (the one with fuel) but some people seemed to dislike it because the server always had players and thus there seemed to be less players for default cars.

There should be a fuel F1-server 24/7.

Dunno. PB is old and has become a big part of the game, xbumpz and infiltration however can't be compared to it and I don't think there would be big difference in the number of players if neither of those existed.

Obviously it's too small. One thing is the F1-server, It already proved to be very popular and brought many new players. Advertising, advertising, advertising... but how?

I guess. It's just hard to join a cup as I know already that I won't be able to join every week at the same time. Cups that are one evening-events like TRCs, yes, I like them.

Every now and then. Not too often lately. Read the answer in 17.

TRC but I always seem to miss it. I don't join ghost cups.

Obviously I haven't... if I had, wazaari wouldn't be the best cup organizer.

Other

No.

No.

No.

I would if the 'playability' was as good as in TS and if it had more players than TS.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

The Website
every day
Nops
I hate all of you
to get secret information
the cups updates
dunno, probably most of them
naked chicks
I could possibly try to help, but i'm trully unskilled, other than civil engineering related programs.

The Game
i play puna almost everyday. when i'm at home depressed.
yes, the puna server.
yes, DIT.
Puna.
i race with default cars in organized cups. once or twice a week probably.
its fine.
probably.
no, i suggest praying to the Lord.
i like them all. much fun.
everytime i can.
All of them!!
well, i don't really have patience to organize anything, not even my life.

Other
I play Wolf: ET and casually PES or some interesting game that may appear.
Wolf: ET
No.
Sure, the game should offer cheats to beat top players dede ass and tijny u ass. i would like a missile mod with dede as center target.

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:15 am

The Website
A: Maybe 10-15 times a month.
A: Well, not much.
A: Well, to be honest I say "Yes."
A: For submitting my cars, tracks and etc. Also for downloading the tracks that I love.
A: Don't know
A: Also don't know
A: Nothing's missing
A: Advertise the game! That's how we play dude!

The Game

A: Offline, at any rate. If necessary.
A: Yes, but it's laggy here. No Indonesian or Australian server :(.
A: Some racing and testing battle-based cars.
A: Missile Battle, X-Bumpz, Racing...
A: I often race w/ default cars for time trials or my tracks' AI line.
A: Don't know. I Don't play online...
15) If TurboSliders didn't implement mods like PunaBall, X-BumpZ, Infiltration (..) but just
default cars racing, would you still play the game?
A: No...
A: No...
A: I've told you I don't play online because of lags!
A: (Answer #17)
A: (Answer #17)
A: I'm planning F1 cup but no one like Sprint Race and Feature Race feature. I think I would complete this cup or start a new one completely.

Other
21) Do you play any other PC/console games?[/i]
A: Yes!

A: Yes!
A: MiniRacingOnline offers better graphic. While GeneRally offers a 3D-style racing. But, GeneRally doesn't convincing because I have played it and my computer were restarted when I play it. MRO is good, but the jumping and drifting elements are missing. So I think TS still convincing me much
A: No. But for the TS mod, I would like to make "Nintendo Racing" mod.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Etana

Post by Etana » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 am

The Website
A: Maybe 4-5 times per week
A: Most of them
A: Probably yes, because it has not been neseccary to even think about it :)
A: Read forum and usually check servers list at same time. Also confirm certain things about different cups (time, tracks etc.)
A: Well obviously forum and servers list.
A: Uploading features, not that they are useless though...
A: Downloading tracks could be more convenient. Track packs are good idea, but little more advanced use case would be to offer way to generate those by different categories(author, rating etc.) by user. For example someone might want to get racing tracks packet of tracks by Janne, Hengari and Punatiainen with rating 8+. Problem with "static" packs would be to update them.

Also maybe ranking system based on actual races would bring more interest to racing. Something like gpor f1 seasons, but preferably with more advanced statistics. Maybe also so that winning opponent of higher rating would be more valuable than lower rating. I think someone had a working system for this or do I remember wrong?

A: Haven't done much anything website related. Mostly just mobile software related stuff, which are probably not needed in improving TS.

The Game
A: It has been another quiet season for me now, but usually I play around 18-21 GMT
A: Mostly online and usually in default cars related servers. Sometimes also in terra servers.
A: Rarely I might wank some DIT track or train for some cup.
A: Racing in its different forms, sometimes other mods as well. Except punaball, haven't never really cared about it.
A: ~99% of time.
A: No problems with it.
A: Yes.
A: Biggest players amounts in couple months I have seen has been something like 6 so no, I am not happy with it. Improvement... Well personally I have advertised TS in some forums and I think it has bring some new people to try TS. Pretty much only way to improve this is to advertise it more. I don't think that ande is going to improve actual game much anymore? Well maybe he could give source codes for others to continue developing it, if good new features comes up.

Ranking system, which I talked about in question 7, might help in player amounts as well.

A: Well those are good way to get more than 6 players cups, but personally I like idea of just playing when I feel like it . There is already enough things that must be done following clocks ticking in life :)
A: Well I try to join every organized cups where I sign in, but unfortunately that's not possible always. For most Finnish people it would help to do cups 1 hour earlier, but that is probably problem for some others.
A: Well for recent times it has been basically just this scud's antislider cup.
A: No and probably not going to in future. Too lazy... :)

Other
A: I have currently PS2, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, DS and 2 PC so yes. I have also been proud owner of PS, nes, snes, Dreamcast, Amiga etc. :)
A: Currently yes, but with total playing hours TS probably wins easily.
A: No

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 pm

The Website
Almost daily
Pretty much
Well topics that make me go "FFS" aren't very common so no need for administration at all actually.
Erm.... for the cup results that I missed I guess...
no comment, not as active as I'm supposed to be
same as before
Porn?

no?

The Game

Hard to answer - on weekends from anywhere around 17:00 GMT to 5AM GMT, not that much, too busy otherwise, best chances to see me online are between 20:00 GMT and 22:00 GMT.
that punaball server with ranking and occupationally bel community server, since I have admin rights and I can do xb and infil.
Why would I do that?
PB - 95% of the time.
Because I suck at them and don't have the motivation to get better!
Meh? I suppose it's fine.
Yes, but not as often.
I sugggest getting more players? It's bee 5 years I know there is no magic pill to increase the number.
Yes, makes me more motivated!
A little busy lately, but organized cups make me more motivated to give my best, especially PB cups,
Depends on my schedule - and with racing cups with the amount of booze in my fridge and dede being mean.

Yes I have - you know the very first ones nobody remembers!

Other
not really!
Nope

Track mani nations sometimes, but very raerly (even more so than TS).

Erm - features that make me better than the rest!
Last edited by xzeal on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:00 am

The Website
-I check weekly, daily occasionally.
--------------------------------------------------------------
-Not all, just those of interest.
-Sure, I've taken some ideas from this site to run my own league forum.
-Posting pics of our oval tracks and linking downloads for my track and car packs.
-New tracks / new cars posts
-I don't 'use' them all, but I do browse around sometimes.
-A means of hosting pictures, or I haven't found it yet. I'd have to visit my forum to host the pic, then copy and paste the URL.
-I've got ideas but not necessarily the technical prowess. I did however figure out how to create a 'banking effect' useful for oval racing. This means you could take any lane in a long sweeping turn and keep up with somebody taking a different lane (shortest distance isnt necessarily the fastest). This effect could be used somewhat on road courses too, those that aren't completely flat.
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Game
-Daily mainly for league testing, and races.
-Terra, SCARTS (Oval) servers...or any servers with fair drivers.
-AI races on my oval tracks and track testing.
-My NASCAR Oval Pack for the SCARTS league. The speedway mod is useless in my opinion if you have the freedom with the editors to create any track. I also use Jazzyclub's Night Mod to create night versions of the oval tracks, under the track lights. OWNZ, thanks to Jazzy :)
-Ehh, once a week. I've played for several years now, but I never got 'hooked' on the handling of the cars. I prefer exploring with new cars and sticking to those that I like handling for, such as the V-F1 car.
-Does the job, no complaints.
-I did when it was the three track demo because I got to know alot of the players personally and it gave me a base for improving my skills. I still host some 'old school' demo servers for the heck of it. Personally, I'm not a fan of puna or x-bumps, but I'll play along sometimes.
-Several times during the day, there are no servers with people on them. I frequently see maxed out Punaball servers but noone on the racing servers. Also, players should race with more respect because I enjoy the thrill of racing. If people start ramming you off the racetrack, its insulting (unless its a rough cup) and likely scares away certain players. Sure many of the servers are damage free but sadly people take advantage of it. Wouldn't hurt to update the Wikipedia page too lol, it still mentions the three track limit further down the page.
------------------------------------------------------------
-Yes, due to people actually showing to race lol. Its hit or miss on the public servers.
-I rarely compete in organized cups unless they are related to my league. Meaning: I'm busy managing mine, never said I wouldn't ever join one ;)
-Few that aren't related to my league.
-Yes, I'm the leader of the SCARTS (NASCAR) league. I've earned respect as a clean racer on this game and I wanted to create a league that is popular among American drivers but more importantly has a good community of racers that race cleanly.
Other
-rFactor now and then
-I play Sliders much more than the other games
-I play MRO but I hate the connectivity of that game. People frequently have problems joining the servers and it causes long delays for league races. However, I like their minimap while racing and the customizable car setups. The map could be useful in Sliders.
-Same gameplay, but with adjustable setups and maybe add in a draft/slipstream effect.
Last edited by [FTR] Burnout on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 am

The Website
- +- 1-2 times a week at the moment

- usually yes

- thumbs up, all fine

- mainly: get to forum; check serverlist; check latest cup results

- serverlist, track database, ranking

- tried the chat only once

- not sure...more downloads maybe, but nothing special to code in php a.t.m.

- yes, but even i studied a bit php&mysql my skill in it is too low
- i have little exp. with c, c#...but too low too, id say

The Game
- rarely -> if time, DIT or fastestlap-sessions, pb or some random join/test in any server, short...
usually i dont have time sunday 18 CET+ anymore, so i miss most of the TS tourneys

- from the active ones: 1. (fair or rough) racing servers (servers with rnd/fixed car) at no demo tracks 2. some f1 racing 3. punaball

- DIT (in january) or just testing some things, hunting lap recs (ok..last session was a longer while ago...)

- pb & xb (preferred classic x-bowl by kobradog), no STS anymore, no curling, no teamplay, no missiles..

- neither often nor rarely....spinner sucks, easyslider boring, antislider, slider & speeder are nice in their way (partly fair race, rough race, ghost race, laphunting) - depends on server activity...but driving default cars in demo tracks with partly rough driving newbies = "where is that ESC thingy once again?"

- dont know its current orga. well enough...

- from time to time, yes...even ts 0.86 ;)

- not that happy, but not a big prob for me a.t.m., high participation in some tourneys can be nice though...and if i could play TS 2 without bugs someday, id probably advertise the game in some form again..

- definately yes

- bad for me a.t.m.: monday evening, thursday evening; usually bad: sunday 18 CET+
- good for me a.t.m.: tuesday, wedn., friday, saturday eve., sunday afternoon

- rough racing cups, ghost cups (racing or hunting fastest laps), maybe some pb

- just organized some racing/hunting sessions, but i cant remember something "published". I could imagine doin some retro stuff some day...i remember planning some maze-cup, but im not trackbuilder pro and motivated enough to do it in the soon future i guess...
if my ts 2 works fine some day, maybe ill think about some laphunting cup or ghostracing...

Other
- generally i play very rarely
- trackmania nations (forever) rarely
- poker kinda 24/7

- ts i play more than GR and TMN(F)...

- MRO stats rule, but MRO-"lag" is horrible and driveability sucks imo
- GR fixed 3d view from one camera direction sucks, because the car is too tiny, most of GR cars suck, i kinda like only some f1 car and some kart

- yes, id consider...EatMyDust felt a bit like TSliders, some scandinavian developer made it in c++ i guess..anyway, the game does not necessarily need to offer a mod-possibility, but tracks, cars etc. should be creatable by users, online stats could be a great add and public cups have something special ;)

ILIKETURTLESS

Post by ILIKETURTLESS » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am

The Website

LIKE DAILY NSTUF WEHN ME HAS SUM FREE TIMES :) OR DURIN FOOD TIMES AT SIXA CLOCK..

YES JCOS I WANT TO KEEP UP WITH THE NEWS NAD WANT TO BE UP 2 DATE IN SLIDER WORDLS.

YES ASUM

BASIXLY 4 LOOKIN DA NEW CUPS AND GIVIN ADVISE ON THE FORUM 2 NUBBERS PLAYERS OR 2 ASK 4 DA ADVISES

AGEDNA

OFTOPCI, I WANT TO KEEP IT ALL TO THE RAICNGS GAMES ITSEFLS, NOT OT THINS THAT ARE NOT IMPROTANT FOR DA RAINC CUPS AND COMPETEITIONS.. ALSO I PREVER REEL GAMES LIKE DARSTS ND SWIMMING INSTEAD OF COMPOUTER GAMES SO I DO NOT HAS THAT MUCH OF A SPARE TIME LEFT FOR OTERHS TNIGSN. ALSO MY SCHOOL RESUSLTS ARE NOT REEL GUD SINCE I PLAI SLIDRS HARDCKORE

HOT BABES

IMA STUDIER OF BEST DRIVIN LINES ADN I CUD MAKE SUM NIC EPAINTJOBS OR WALPPAERS FOR FANS OF BHTCLAN OR OTHER PPLS BASICLY IM A CODOER , IM CODING ON MA XBOX ID PREVER REEL BIG JOBS LKE PEPSIE ND COCA COLA BUT I GUESS ITS OK TO START W/ TSLIDERS IN COMPANDY WITHS DEDE EXPSEICALLY

The Game

I PLAY LETTER M DAILY, AND I AM IN ZE SERVERDS DURING SPARE TIMES

YES I LIKE M ANTISLIDER OR EASYSLIDER BASICLY COS I DROVE THEM THE MOST IN SIGNELSPLAYERS

YES I DO

I HATE AL MODS COS THERS FOR THE PUSSY RACERS I WANT M AL BASIC N STANDERARD COS THATS WHATS ITS AL ABOUT IN THIS GAME LADS, STD COOL BASCK 2 BASIC RACING

ALWAYS

NO ID LIKE 2 C LESS SERVERS SO MORE PLAYERS PER SERVER MAKES FUN

ABSOLSUSTLEY

LESS SVERERS , MORE SKILLED PLAYERS S VIA ADVERSTINGS ON FORUMS AND TV-COMMERISACIALS

YES I LIKE M ORGANIZED

NOT SURE

ID LIKE M ROUGH AND INT HE PPOOPER, HAH J/K JUST ROUGH COS THATS WAT RACING IS ABOUT GHOST IS NOT REL RACING IS MORE LIKE QUALIFICKATION TYPA GAME..

NO NOT YET, IM NOT IN DA MUD.

Other

YES I PLAY M AGE OF MYTHOLOGIES AND SUPER MARIO BRUVVAS ON CONSOLE NINTENDO :)

NO

YES I PLAY M MARIO KARTS AND ITS 3D BUT SUCSK KIDNA BUT GRAPPHICS ARE KIDNA QUOTE (:

24) Would you consider playing a game similar to TurboSliders? If yes, what should the game offer (eventually, mention the TurboSliders features/mods you would like to find there too)?[/quote]

YS ID SAY GO UOT ON UR BIKE ACROS THE CITY 2 FINDA DA PERFECT DRIVING LINES :)
al capwnage

lux2

Post by lux2 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Sorry if some answer is in italian, but it's easier for me and there's not difference for dede :D

The Website
weekly

no

EDIT: i've deleted the anzwer 3. I've understood "do u know...". sorry

to know competitions and sometimes for settings/configuration.

The Game
Not all days but quite often. 15 minutes around 13CET and 15-60 minutes after dinner.

I play only online and only if there are other players, except for DIT.
Servers: DIT, Fairplay server, terra and QC with bots.
I liked a lot US2 with bots but maybe it's DIT now.

very rare.

I don't play puna at all. I like all others.

90% of time with default cars except spinner. 10-15 laps with spinner is the maximum in a day. After i disconnect.

not completely. For me, one server with bots is needed and maybe a GPOR F1 server is needed for attracting new players.

yes

non sono sicuro di capire, se intendi se ci sono abbastanza giocatori online... la risposta è no. senza GPOR non c'è più un cane. Se intendi invece il limite di 20, va ben così!

yes

every time i can and if i remember them.

your ones and scud's one

no - no - not enough free time

Other
no

Not exactly similar.
I would like to play with GP legends but i'm not sure it's still alive.
I would like to play with NKPro but my graphic card it's too much poor.
Last edited by lux2 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kovalainen

Post by kovalainen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:04 pm

The Website

Daily

Most of the time

Yes

To checkout new forum topics, check the servers list, Download tracks from the database

Track database, servers list & ranking

Chat i've only tried it once

Trackpacks, A better introduction to the game & possibly some graphics

8 ) Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features, advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".

No Skills here

The Game

Mon- Sun Anytime after 2.00pm

community server [BEL] [USA] The dude's Ts Server Terra #1 #2 #3

Default car racing, Terra custom cars = Tsb F2, Vf1 Vf5 kart

80%

yeh its pretty good atm

Absolutely

No there should be a lot more players. Advertising is one route

Yes

18 ) How often do you join organized cups? If you have troubles joining organized cups because of bad scheduling, please tell your preferences.

About 90% of the time. anyday is fine atm

IHLC, IRT, IRAC, DIT XBX TRC

Yes i have. once i have a format for one i may plan to organize it at somepoint

Other

rFactor, Sof2

Possibly rFactor

23) Do you play any other similar games similar to TurboSliders (e.g. MiniRacingOnline, GeneRally..)? If yes, what do they offer more than
TurboSliders?

I used to play Generally but i stopped playing it because i found out about turbosliders.

If it has the same playability as TS then yes

mikko

Post by mikko » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm

The Website

Daily when I’m at home

Not always

Excellent

To check what is going on, rankings, new tracks

Rankings

Rankings based on everyday racing

Yes, I would like, but unfortunately I’m likely not capable of doing that.

The Game

Almost daily when I’m at home (very often I am not). Usually max 1h/day at the evening when children are sleeping.

Very little recently, this is unfortunate.

Yes, for DIT and record hunting for default tracks. Related to the previous question, I’m very limited in time available for playing, and it is an easy solution for me to just sit back and wank a track for some time.

None else than racing.

Default cars only.

Less servers => perhaps more players per server.

Definitely yes.

That was not an issue in 2005 when I started playing but has been ever since. A lot of suggestions have been made by many, including me, but without a significant impact. Having said that, I’m not very much aware of the current situation as I recently have mostly wanked offline.

Very much even though I do not join (other than DIT). It is great for the game that people organize (and join) cups.

My schedules are always bad.

DIT, if that is counted as a cup. I always participate in DIT (but may have trouble in May when I’m traveling for most of the month).

Other

No

No

No

No. I don’t play and don’t want to play anything else. TS forever.

Janne

Post by Janne » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:56 pm

The Website
- Daily.

- Sometimes I skip Cars, Off-topic, and Ad rack sections.

- Y

- Check servers list, read forum, check new tracks...

- Servers list and track database.

- I have used more or less all of them.

- I wouldn't mind having ranking+statistics based on some every-day racing server.

- If only I had skills.

The Game
- Maybe 1-2 hours/day if I have time.

- I like to play where is other players too and mostly with default cars, so usually that's Community Server [BEL]

- Mostly lap wanking and track making.

- Default cars racing, I guess.

- Most of my play time.

- It's ok.

- Sure.

- I would like to have more, but don't know how is that possible.

- Yep.

- I always like to attend in default cars cups if I'm able to. I have had some schedule problems with cups which are held between sunday and thursday and which lasts past midnight. Not quite sure about future though.

- IRT, IHLC, TRC.

- I have thought about organizing something but never really did. Though I would rather host just some random racing/something instead of anything near serious.

Other
- Mainly one browser game (GPRO) + some track making for GeneRally.

- No.

- I pretty much stopped playing GeneRally in 2004-2005 but I still love to make some tracks for it. In GR track making is a lot more pleasing, even if it's also more limited (other than heightmap). GR Track Editor really sucks but with external editors it's possible to do some very neat tracks. I prefer driving TS more than GR because TS is online game and it has better playability.

- I could play even though I rather wish a long life for TS.

dede

Post by dede » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Okay, I have to explain the question number 8. So please re-answer if you have things to add.
8. Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features, advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".
By this, I mean that at the moment this is the TurboSliders organization:

a) Ande is the only game developer
b) I'm the only webmaster

Point a) means that he is the only one able to make new game releases. If he is busy with real life, new releases won't come.

Point b) means that I have to take care of everything. If I am busy or if I become a little unactive, there's nobody who can take care of the website.

I also planned to build a new website, because I think the current one isn't enough anymore for the game. In order to start this new project, I need to find people interested in taking care of the current website and cup organizing.
When I built the website, I thought I could manage everything by myself, but now with new projects it becomes a bit more complicated.

So what I'm asking is: who is interested giving ANY kind of help with website & community administration, cup organization, advertising; or in other words, who is interested joining the TurboSliders Staff?
You probably thought I was searching for programmers only ("skills"), but I'm mainly searching for people willing to dedicate some time to help out.

It's very likely I will have to suspend organized cups (DIT, IRT, IHLC - TRC has been suspended already) in the near future, so that help would be very appreciated to keep them alive, at least.

So please, if you have something to offer, post or contact me.

The Dude

Post by The Dude » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

The Website
About 5-7 times/week.
No, only topics I'm interested in.
To keep up to date with TS community. Sometimes browsing for new cups.
Track listing.
Ranking.
Maybe better player statistics, hard to implement something good though.
8) Would you like to help TurboSliders to develop new website-features,
advertise the game, and eventually develop new game features? If yes, list your "skills".
I have to pass this one. I already promised to finish The Dude's so better keep that promise first.

The Game
20GMT - 21 GMT
I have no favorite at this point.
No, just for testing.
Normal racing.
9/10 with default cars.
Yes.
No. When I started with TS, one of the good things was that it always were players on the racing servers. Now that is only true on organized cups except all Puna servers.
I don't know how to fix that, it could just be lack of new players.
Yes, and no. Yes, because organized cups give you the competing feeling. No, because I suck compared to the good players and end up almost last.
That could be something that make newbies go away also. Being last all the times and not feeling competitive can be frustrating for newbies. That's why it so important to have get much newbies in everyday racing so they can improve themselves racing each others.
About, once every two month.
No, no plans for that now. Maybe in the distant future.

Other
Yes, sometimes.
Yes.
No, totally different genre.
Maybe. If there were some more statistics bound to a player like skill progress, achievements etc.