TurboSliders.com Official Ranking Server (& DIT)

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

TurboSliders.com Official Ranking Server (& DIT)

Post by Whiplash » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Me again. :wink: Listen, I think that TS players need one favour about "TurboSliders.com Official Ranking Server (& DIT)". It should be better when EasySlider wouldn't be fixed there. For many of players recording and sending videos for all track and all default cars is probably hard. So, we have to make them possible playing it there with any of default car they want. I know that they can't make good time in 6 laps, but it will be nice for them to see their nick on ranking. Once, when they see it, they will be more motivated to do it better, and eventually to start recording their videos with some 'real times'.
We all know that only 15 or 20 players fight for ranking now. That number should be increased.
It's true that they could play DIT server. But many of them (for example me too) missed all tracks that played before. There is mathematic: 10(tracks)x5(cars)xabout 100 laps(for 'good' time)=321days, 14hours, 46min and 24.082sec of playing :shock: :lol: :wink:
So, can someone help there? dede? tijny?

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 am

i thought about the same lately..
basic idea:
server open with all tracks/cars which are in the ranking (8 tracks, 5 cars). laps 10+, ghost, choosable car. 8 tracks/cup.

2nd idea:
dit track, 5 tracks/cup, each car will be driven once, best totaltime wins the cup (like in IHLC). problem: not sure if this could work automatic with the current settings.. - can it, dede?

dede

Post by dede » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 am

I have no clue of why EasySlider was fixed in that server. Please report if it happens again in the future.

Anyway, the current ranking ain't really working, and same for DIT. Reality is that default cars racing is liked only by few players, and anyway those players prefer joining servers where other players are (F1, PunaBall, Full Contact) instead of driving offline to beat records.

It's easy to check that number of players joining DIT seriously is ridicolously low. And the number of players battling for the Ranking is even lower.

This considered, I feel a bit sad because turbosliders.com could've been a lot better. Unluckily now it seems late to make changes. I would love to remake the whole website with a new ranking system, but I don't have time to start that project all alone like before. I asked to some other players already, but they aren't interested.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:07 am

All of us should think about it and maybe give some new ideas. There must be battling on 'global' level and it must be in first plan. It should collect all players in one place.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 am

dede, not good again. Cars shouldn't be randomised in "TurboSliders.com Official Ranking Server (& DIT)". I want to choose any of default cars by myself. Is it problem?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 am

Now it's good. :wink:

dede

Post by dede » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Whiplash wrote:All of us should think about it and maybe give some new ideas.
It's not really about giving new ideas. I have several ideas and plans, but we miss programmers. I can't start such a big project all alone, and currently nobody wants to help either.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:All of us should think about it and maybe give some new ideas.
It's not really about giving new ideas. I have several ideas and plans, but we miss programmers. I can't start such a big project all alone, and currently nobody wants to help either.
I stated several times that I'd gladly help if we used an existing core (such as an open-source CMS, I don't know which one but I'm sure it's worth investigating) and expanded on that. That way it will be coded by professionals for the most part, and on top of that it's easier and less work. But apparently you prefer the hard way, which would probably even lead to a worse end result.

dede

Post by dede » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Tijny wrote:I stated several times that I'd gladly help if we used an existing core (such as an open-source CMS, I don't know which one but I'm sure it's worth investigating) and expanded on that.
Okay then, let's talk about it.

Hengari
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by Hengari » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 pm

dede wrote:
Tijny wrote:I stated several times that I'd gladly help if we used an existing core (such as an open-source CMS, I don't know which one but I'm sure it's worth investigating) and expanded on that.
Okay then, let's talk about it.
Last time you didn't listen to our suggestions and as little as I experimented with Drupal it could have been a nice platform to build a site.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint