It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Full Contact

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

semir

PostWed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Tijny wrote:
semir wrote:I don't care about your wanking debate so much, but one thing is becoming irritating last couple of days. I come to FC server, wanting to have some rough fun, but there is these "x" ghost guys going around and around and around... and around - 100 laps (sometimes even more). I can see some point in wanking with default cars (I would even make myself to see some point in RDP wanking) but please don't come to server in 20:00 when it's the most frequent, and set that lap haunting sh*t. Do it in a private servers or late at night, don't ruin other's fun cause of yours wanking "crash".
Agreed 100%

lux2 wrote:I quote semir I want to extend this to FC team.
I don't know what other people think about FC team.
I really don't like it. It's just a blocking festival. It make me nervous while I'm searching for relax.

Isn't normal Full Contact enough good as is?
Agreed 100%. Every time there are more than 10 people on the server, people activate the team shit even though it barely works. I'm regretting I ever wrote that script.
Yeah you bastard. First of all u put that 3 best laps thing that motivated everybody to set lap times, and then u made that team script. Allthough I find teamplay fun but when it is official, and when I know that it wont be so much quiters. Now seriously , script is cool, and it's nice too see best laptimes, but that x bastards should really "take it slow" with their wanking thing.

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 pm

ftc - yeah, i wonder too why people want it, even the script isnt actualy finished

hotlapcup @fc - as long as there is no hotlapscript, similar to ihlc, people will leave a cup with many races with many laps...
maybe as 1 cup there also should be just 1 track with many laps and the next race there will be a re-vote for next race/cup

and the top3 ranking thingy makes us, whip and me at least, prefer to hunt laprecs on lvp instead on dj manys, i think..

some laprecord holders just love statistics so much, hehe^^
Last edited by Mike Nike on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiplash

PostWed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Mike Nike wrote:and the top3 ranking thingy makes us, whip and me at least, prefer to hunt laprecs on lvp instead on dj manys, i think..

Yep. And also I feel like LVP servers are more official. DJ Many will probably remove his servers in near future like last time. Also, it's not nice to fight for a time that no one will watch every day. :P

Mike Nike wrote:some laprecord holders just love statistics so much, hehe^^

Heh yeah, you got me there. I just can't help myself. :oops:
I think this will be all solved when new server be arrived.

Tijny

PostWed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 pm

For the record (no, not a lap record), I didn't script the top 3 thing on LVP #2, Badeend did. Moreover, I couldn't give it to DJ Many or anyone even if I wanted to, because it's coded into the IRC bots.

JonnO

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Whiplash wrote:Also, it's not nice to fight for a time that no one will watch every day. :P

Exactly this! :D

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostFri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm

I've had an idea growing in my mind last days. Coult someone make statics page of Full Contact races played on #LVP2 server? Ok, every race counts on statics, but wins and fastest laps counts only if there is at least 3 players playing. Cup win also counts only if there is at least 3 players. Statics page could be showing races driven, wins, fastest laps, podiums, cup wins, points gained. What do you think? For me FC is just random fun, but it could be more if there is statics to compete with other players.

Whiplash

PostFri Sep 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Keppana wrote:I've had an idea growing in my mind last days. Coult someone make statics page of Full Contact races played on #LVP2 server? Ok, every race counts on statics, but wins and fastest laps counts only if there is at least 3 players playing. Cup win also counts only if there is at least 3 players. Statics page could be showing races driven, wins, fastest laps, podiums, cup wins, points gained. What do you think? For me FC is just random fun, but it could be more if there is statics to compete with other players.

Well, I like statistics too, but not those ones based on activity. Otherwise, it could make me not playing FC that often cause it would have bad influence on my rank. I will be bad if script would calculate cup wins with only 1 player in.
It's hard to make a script for cool and fair statistics. Mike started with programming sick scripts which could include the most fair rules and parameters. He made pause with it for a while, cause he's kinda busy now. I guess he's our only hope. :wink:

PAOLO

PostSat Sep 24, 2011 9:06 pm

great idea keppana!
can be really amazing a web page with statistics on number of point, of lap record, first position in race and champ

wolf

PostWed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 am

It's hard to use a fair system. One idea is to use a system where you use a relative position and you calculate you average finish position in relation with the other players . A victory will be 1 and a last place a 0.
Examples:

1th=1
last=0

other examples:
3th in a 5 players race will be 0.5
7th in a 10 players race will be 0.3
2th in a 10 players race will be 0.9
and then calculate the average for each player

other idea is to use only championships when there are more than x players.
If someone doesn't play for more that x days he will be out , as i believe it's the case with puna.

I say it again...it's hard to be fair, but this is a game for fun anyway :)

Whiplash

PostWed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

wolf wrote:It's hard to use a fair system. One idea is to use a system where you use a relative position and you calculate you average finish position in relation with the other players . A victory will be 1 and a last place a 0.
Examples:

1th=1
last=0

other examples:
3th in a 5 players race will be 0.5
7th in a 10 players race will be 0.3
2th in a 10 players race will be 0.9
and then calculate the average for each player

other idea is to use only championships when there are more than x players.
If someone doesn't play for more that x days he will be out , as i believe it's the case with puna.

I say it again...it's hard to be fair, but this is a game for fun anyway :)

Yeah, but also it's not fun when it's not fair. Why to waste time on scripting something useless? You didn't count the lags, and you didn't include different skill of all players (it's not the same to play against 2 fast and 2 slow players).

wolf

PostWed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 pm

As i said it's not easy...but would be good fun having some sort of ranking.
Anyone with better ideas?

mjay

Community User Level: 1

flip the script

PostSun Nov 06, 2011 1:23 am

some scripts need to be fixed anyway like team racing for example i think there should be more teams and they dont even show you how many points each team actually got :P
fresh to death #YOLO

semir

PostWed May 16, 2012 6:22 pm

No LVPs, wtf, fix it dudes, I need my daily puna medicine right now!

Badeend

PostWed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah yeah, I just needed an hour or two to copy all the data to the new server :P

The new server is running, so problems with lag should be over now.

dede

PostThu May 17, 2012 6:20 am

Badeend wrote:The new server is running, so problems with lag should be over now.

Wtf??? No more excuses for you now!

Oompa

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:48 am

Where is everybody? Is it sunny outside or something?

Whiplash

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 am

Oompa wrote:Where is everybody? Is it sunny outside or something?

Tijny did all to ruin the server: "start order", "deleting team script". :P
Well, it was pretty empty last year in this time too. But I remember there was always big party at night.

Oompa

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

And of course the loss of exploding cars when they came together in a certain way. All over the place. We need that back too :P

Whiplash

PostSun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 pm

I'd like to have this server alive again.

Whiplash

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

God damn, is it really that hard to give me FTP access here?
I 'd like to refresh it now and then, cause it's dying again.
Also, I 'd like to prepare source for some battle cups in the near future.

Whiplash

PostWed Feb 27, 2013 8:08 pm

As you probably noticed, I made some changes here. Today car name is changed too - to an less childish one.
We should make one secret deal here:
Let's all try to show up at 20:00 CET every day in FC server. You can set alarm for that time, and try not to forget about it. :wink:
If you miss it, not big problem, it's not a obligation. But at least try. You can try to show up few minutes later too (it's not strictly defined).
We will understand if you're scared. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If you want to change anything about the rules, ask for it here.
New tracks are welcome. If you want to create some, do it and inform me after you upload them. They should not be too sick. :wink:

Whiplash

PostWed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Tonight we finally reached 10+ players here and enjoyed a lot of fun. Seems like "Battle of Tanks" is pretty promising battle mode. Only more maps needed maybe.
So, all keep coming at 20:00 CET every day!!!
We 'll primary play usual FC racing, but other mods too.

Tijny, if you're reading this, try to find out all those tracks for "XB Racing" and create source for it. That's could make things more interesting too. :wink:

Whiplash

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 3:28 pm

I made some changes in "cars" folder (added and edited tanks). Someone should make total restart now (dede, T, Badee).

Btw, what's the f*** command to clear all cars from the selection after I use /fixedcar 0??? I know I used it long time before, but I can't remember it now. :oops:
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion