It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:58 am

Full Contact

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 3:51 pm

/help

/cars /remove EasySlider

Whiplash

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm

dede wrote:/help

/cars /remove EasySlider

Blah. I know that. I expected to have a command to clear them all, like I do with tracks.
Whatever, I hope you restarted the server. :wink:

Whiplash

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am

Since people like best laps stats, I was thinking maybe it would be nice to improve it a little bit.
Stats could be combined by 2 parts:
1. Stats of best 5 players for the next track (we have that already)
2. Stats for every player that is in the server for the last track (we had this in Weekly Wanking competition)
Format of this would look like:
1. Tijnymateur (NEW REC PB -621)
4. dedemateur (REC +212 PB -066)
45. whipmateur (REC +456 PB -011)

Tijny

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 11:17 am

Nej. People already place too much importance on laptimes there as it is.

Jan

Community User Level: 3

Re:

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Tijny wrote:Nej. People already place too much importance on laptimes there as it is.

I agree. Full Contact should not be ruined by wanking.

Whiplash

Re: Full Contact

PostSat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 pm

New mode is added to the server! It's SUPERBIKE made by Keppana.
Source for this is /source superbike

I uploaded all the stuff, but seems like Tijny has to restart the server to make the car working.

Whiplash

PostSun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

There is big a grouping of players on this server every night. Since they're enjoying playing in teams, they're always calling me to join and set it up - but it's always too f*** late (00:00-03:00). I can't give admin access to anybody from that group, cause most of them are shitalian newcomers. It would be really useful if people could be more admin-independent there finally. And the only way is to give them control by some voting system.
On the end of each cup they should be able to vote for a type of competition they want to be running next cup, after the server is restarted.
If they chose team racing, number of teams should be decided by number of overall votes (all votes divided by 3).

Ender

PostSun Mar 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Good idea Whip!

And one ask, there is no top five list any more. Can we get it back?
Finland

Whiplash

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Ender wrote:And one ask, there is no top five list any more. Can we get it back?

That's real.y not needed there. It would just make problems when it's combined with team script. And there is Hot Lap server for that kind of competition. :wink:

Ender

PostTue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 am

OK, that teamfeature is explained it.
Yes, i like hotlap race too, but mostly with anti-slider Hunter.
maybe we can get a record list also in the hunter.
Finland

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

PostSat Apr 04, 2015 11:37 am

Why you don't like us, Whip? We're funny :(

Whiplash

PostSat Apr 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:Why you don't like us, Whip?

I never said that. :wink:

Tijny

PostSun Apr 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Don't mind me, I need to vent my frustrations for a minute.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Seems I can't enjoy full contact ever again, because apparently people like racing against colors more than they like racing against people. And all because of my own script. Bleh.

Whiplash

PostMon Apr 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Tijny wrote:Seems I can't enjoy full contact ever again, because apparently people like racing against colors more than they like racing against people. And all because of my own script. Bleh.

Actually, when we're playing normal FC, I spend most of the time focusing only on one player. Last time, I fought only against you; all the others were just like ghosts. When teams are there, your goal is kinda more complex. :wink:

And, apart from gameplay, I noticed that number of players in the server is more stable when we're playing in teams. People just want to stay there, collect as many points as they can in order to support their team.

xzeal

PostMon Apr 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Tijny wrote:Don't mind me, I need to vent my frustrations for a minute.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Seems I can't enjoy full contact ever again, because apparently people like racing against colors more than they like racing against people. And all because of my own script. Bleh.

The colors we are racing against ARE people. I think you are just mad because you are stuck with one color the entire cup.

If it is just 2 teams, it is kind of stupid, but 2-3 person teams is great and if you don't like it you can always aim for the individual win which shouldn't make much of a difference?

I have no idea what your problem with this mode is.

Whiplash

PostMon Apr 06, 2015 4:34 pm

xzeal wrote:I think you are just mad because you are stuck with one color the entire cup.

:lol:

iBlaze²

PostWed Apr 08, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm not racist, I treat everybody equal and will pwn them no matter what they're colour. I don't like having somebody (or a group of people) I'm not allowed to smash into just because they're the same colour as me. This is 2015 and such colour prejudice should not exist in our community :D

All jokes aside, I think it's good to have variety and there is certainly a time and place for team FC, but I do personally prefer the old-school non-team FC.

Tijny

PostTue May 26, 2015 12:51 pm

I have long been pondering how I should implement a gamemode voting script for this server, but now I finally made one. Anyone, even non-admins, can type !vote in the chat to start the voting procedure, after which it's simply a matter of following the instructions. It's all automated, and as such it can be used without any admins on the server.

The "winning" gamemode needs at least three votes in order to be used in the cup, otherwise, normal Full Contact will be played. In case of ties, there is a "sudden death" mechanism in place, which basically means that the first vote that yields a winner will be the decisive one.

When Team FC is chosen, there is a follow-up vote about the number of teams.

The script has been tested, but there may still be bugs. Please feel free to post any findings or suggestions here.

Whiplash

PostTue May 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Woop! Thanks for this - it works really nicely.
Anyway, Players should notice that there are 2 new modes you also activated: Knockout and Knockdown.
They are basically FC with dying possibility.
Knockout: If you finish last in a cup race - server will kick you out directly.
Knockdown: If you finish last in a cup race - you will lose 1 life first, and next time server will kick you out.
Last player who survive is a winner. Of course, when server kicked a player out, he can come back as spectator and watch the cup until the end.

Now we're hopping that "ban voting system" will also be implemented, so that all the players can finally be totally independent on admins. :wink:

kikiriki

PostTue May 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for these great features, very nice.
I suspect that team FC will be played all the time now. Perhaps it would be good to disallow the same cup twice in a row?

What I'd really like to suggest is a longer waiting time between cups. Currently I can barely make it out of bathroom and not miss the first race. And if I want to go get a beer as well, it's already too late. Just 1 minute more would do wonders.

Tijny

PostTue May 26, 2015 11:06 pm

kikiriki wrote:Thanks for these great features, very nice.
I suspect that team FC will be played all the time now. Perhaps it would be good to disallow the same cup twice in a row?

I fear that you might be right. I will try to fix a few bugs tomorrow, then we'll see how the voting script is used or abused in the coming days and evaluate if measures need to be taken.

kikiriki wrote:What I'd really like to suggest is a longer waiting time between cups. Currently I can barely make it out of bathroom and not miss the first race. And if I want to go get a beer as well, it's already too late. Just 1 minute more would do wonders.
I agree actually, this has been a thorn in my sight for ages now, but I never did anything about it. 10 seconds is way too short, I increased that to 40.

kikiriki

PostWed May 27, 2015 10:52 am

Maybe it would be best to increase the time after the restart, not before, so that you can press "y" and then go do your buisiness. This gives you some extra time when you're not yet ready for the first race before it's forced to start.
I'm sure it's much better already though, thanks man :)

Whiplash

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 11:15 pm

Tijny, you're running decided source too quickly currently. I mean, we can hardly see what mode is decided before its source is started. That's why you should make 5 seconds delay for showing us the voting results, and then the source can run.

Whiplash

PostTue Jun 16, 2015 11:02 pm

- Number of needed votes should be increased from 3 to 5. That will prevent so many demolitions and teamplays.
- "!vote" should be disabled when the server is manual.

Whiplash

PostSun Jul 12, 2015 10:56 pm

After a test with non-reversed cup starting order, I realized that it could be much better than a current (reversed) one. Non-reversed order gives opportunity to real rivals to get in the direct battle, which is not the case now. Now, the only moment where you see your rival is the starting grid, and then you always lose him while getting in the crowd and struggling with the slower drivers.

That's why winning a cup doesn't mean a lot now. Anyone can win it with some lucky overtakes. Non-reversed order gives better view of drivers skill and once some player win a cup, you know that he pretty much deserved it by his constant wins against his rivals in direct battles. I'd like to know what others think about this.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion