F1 SERVER [ http://puna.forumcommunity.net ]

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

F1 SERVER [ http://puna.forumcommunity.net ]

Post by Whiplash » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:50 pm

New server arrived i guess :?: It's something like old DIT server. I like idea of it, but it could be much better. The main problem is ranking. When you go to that website (http://poleposition.forumcommunity.net), it's pretty hard to find results, but when you click that little flag there, it shows really bad list of players and their records. There is no list that shows best lap time of each player (like we had with DIT); it just shows best times in general. It looks like this:
1. [GER]Mike Nike 27.291 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
2. [GER]Mike Nike 27.306 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
3. [GER]Mike Nike 27.332 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
4. [GER]Mike Nike 27.340 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
5. [GER]Mike Nike 27.347 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
6. [GER]Mike Nike 27.375 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
7. [GER]Mike Nike 27.386 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
8. [GER]Mike Nike 27.421 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
9. Whiplash 27.429 AntiSlider 13.3.2010
10. [GER]Mike Nike 27.468 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
:)

I don't know who is server hoster, but our admins could contact him and give him some advices about it. It could be really great to have one wanking server. Also, there could be possibility of using all default cars like we had in DIT server. Now, there is only AntiSlider.
I don't know why is it named F1 SERVER too. :?

pablinho15
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Re: F1 SERVER [ http://puna.forumcommunity.net ]

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:04 am

Whiplash wrote:New server arrived i guess :?: It's something like old DIT server. I like idea of it, but it could be much better. The main problem is ranking. When you go to that website (http://poleposition.forumcommunity.net), it's pretty hard to find results, but when you click that little flag there, it shows really bad list of players and their records. There is no list that shows best lap time of each player (like we had with DIT); it just shows best times in general. It looks like this:
1. [GER]Mike Nike 27.291 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
2. [GER]Mike Nike 27.306 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
3. [GER]Mike Nike 27.332 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
4. [GER]Mike Nike 27.340 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
5. [GER]Mike Nike 27.347 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
6. [GER]Mike Nike 27.375 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
7. [GER]Mike Nike 27.386 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
8. [GER]Mike Nike 27.421 AntiSlider 11.3.2010
9. Whiplash 27.429 AntiSlider 13.3.2010
10. [GER]Mike Nike 27.468 AntiSlider 12.3.2010
:)

I don't know who is server hoster, but our admins could contact him and give him some advices about it. It could be really great to have one wanking server. Also, there could be possibility of using all default cars like we had in DIT server. Now, there is only AntiSlider.
I don't know why is it named F1 SERVER too. :?

+100

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 am

lol, Mikeaments

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 am

@whiplash
its maybe poleposition.forumcommunity.net, not puna etc.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Mike Nike wrote:@whiplash
its maybe poleposition.forumcommunity.net, not puna etc.

Nope, you can see it on server list. But I said that too:
Whiplash wrote:New server arrived i guess :?: It's something like old DIT server. I like idea of it, but it could be much better. The main problem is ranking. When you go to that website (http://poleposition.forumcommunity.net), it's pretty hard to find results, but when you click that little flag there, it shows really bad list of players and their records. There is no list that shows best lap time of each player (like we had with DIT); it just shows best times in general.

Also, he set cup of 3 totally the same tracks, but he changed the name of them to avoid restart after every race. I guess he don't know that he could use /add2 option for example.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Whiplash wrote:Also, he set cup of 3 totally the same tracks, but he changed the name of them to avoid restart after every race. I guess he don't know that he could use /add2 option for example.

"We want it like that".. it's a little italian community, the server is provided to them by the same hoster as punaball server.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 pm

dede wrote:"We want it like that".. it's a little italian community, the server is provided to them by the same hoster as punaball server.

oh yea i remembered what happened when you entered the server :lol:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:37 pm

dede wrote:"We want it like that".. it's a little italian community, the server is provided to them by the same hoster as punaball server.

So, can you do something about it (suggest better ranking and other things)?

dede

Post by dede » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 am

Whiplash wrote:So, can you do something about it (suggest better ranking and other things)?

Well, I gave the advice not to duplicate tracks and I got banned, so I guess not :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 am

dede wrote:Well, I gave the advice not to duplicate tracks and I got banned, so I guess not :)

It must be Chuck. :lol:
Damn! Is there a chance to get one more community server then? :)
I need some wanking action. :)

dede

Post by dede » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Whiplash wrote:Damn! Is there a chance to get one more community server then? :)

If needed, I guess we can get one more server from TheDude and have a better configuration of other servers (CS POL, GPOR server..).

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Whiplash wrote:
dede wrote:Well, I gave the advice not to duplicate tracks and I got banned, so I guess not :)

It must be Chuck. :lol:
Damn! Is there a chance to get one more community server then? :)
I need some wanking action. :)

Hmmm the cups mike has hosted lately were really enjoyable,
im talking about the so called ''endurance cups''.
About a race of 300 sec +/- depending on track length set the numbers of laps driven with rdp-antisliders.

aAyway these cups reminded me a little of how we raced with the TSB-F2 cars in version 0.86.

The fast people mostly had to use some laps to get in front and if they werent cautious enough they most likely got a bad result and then most of the people played pretty fair.
These cups would be nice just a selection of nice tracks rough or fairplay i dont really mind both rather i prefer fair but then the it would miss a little action so for me on that case is 50/50.

just an idea for the server i would really really like :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm

dede wrote:If needed, I guess we can get one more server from TheDude and have a better configuration of other servers (CS POL, GPOR server..).

I would like to have something like DIT again and nice, easy visible ranking on TS home page. We don't need new server to play Mike's endurance cup like Jurgen said. It will never be played a lot I think. I would like to see list (ranking) of all TS players on the same place. There we will have one big, global fight.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

hmm, actually i'm quite happy with the number of players joining and staying at the server, if i play a "/points 1"-cup ;D...
some sorta 8-12 laps/race cup nonghost rdp-antislider on racing tracks has been nice though too, lately...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

Mike Nike wrote:hmm, actually i'm quite happy with the number of players joining and staying at the server, if i play a "/points 1"-cup ;D...
some sorta 8-12 laps/race cup nonghost rdp-antislider on racing tracks has been nice though too, lately...

Yeah, but that was just because we wanted something new after so much regular full contact. Other players saw your server info which was new too and they just wanted to see what is it. I wish I made wrong conclusion about it. Personaly, I'm for every kind of racing where is no that tsb-f2 shit, and where top players join often. And, of course, I like all your admin experiments. :wink:

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 am

Whiplash wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:hmm, actually i'm quite happy with the number of players joining and staying at the server, if i play a "/points 1"-cup ;D...

Yeah, but that was just because we wanted something new after so much regular full contact. Other players saw your server info which was new too and they just wanted to see what is it. I wish I made wrong conclusion about it. Personaly, I'm for every kind of racing where is no that tsb-f2 shit, and where top players join often. And, of course, I like all your admin experiments. :wink:

imho whiplash if you create a server like something as DIT with ranking i assume not many players will find the motivation to compete for ''a while''.

Neither did i say the same about the endurance cups.
However you may not like the TSB-F2 server if i remember correctly in version 0.86,
Daily we had a minimum of 10 players on the demo server available for us back then (a few morons not playing fair in there) but the rest of the field was really fair and nice to compete with burnout lux toecutter are some of the names which i remember.
8 laps batteling to get to the front on 3 tracks with 16 players to dodge and overtake.

Even though you can play any server now these days and the F2 car isnt that very popular, we could put up a server with regular tracks having about 300+/- sec a race. (not with the TSB-F2 although i wouldnt mind)
We could use 1 car for 1 month and then go on to the next car the next month.
Perhaps a ranking from that server could be added aswell
I think this would draw more attention then wanking for a ranking imo.
Just the idea of the competition lasting more then 3 laps calls my attention.

But im not saying the server would be a succes with garantee so maybe,
We should host some more endurance cups through a diffrent server with some kinda smallish poll or voting system how people like the idea of racing a single track for 4-5 min?

My 5 last cents of ideas for in this topic, there ya go take it :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I want to see that someone got my rec here. I challenge you all, you sick wankers. :twisted:
I just want to see how fast it was compared with top players. :wink:
So catch me!!! :twisted:
Last edited by Whiplash on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 am

Whiplash wrote:I want to see that someone got my rec here. I challenge you all, you sick wankers. :twisted:
I just want to see how fast was it compared with top players. :wink:
So catch me!!! :twisted:

Just a matter of time when Mike Nike, Janne or Dede , Badeend or Silcir passes by :p

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:17 am

Just what i said.. Janne passed by... 39.2 LOL

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Pingu wrote:Just what i said.. Janne passed by... 39.2 LOL

Yeah, I saw. :evil: Damn you are Janne. :evil:

ATTILA

Post by ATTILA » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Why in this server there is always the same track??

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 pm

ATTILA wrote:Why in this server there is always the same track??

I guess you are new here. Some Italian guys wanted to do it just like that. That server is made for hot lap playing (playing for fastest lap). It's pretty bad if you ask me. It could be much better with some changes. Our administrator dede tried to connect with them and give them few advices, but they weren't interested (speaking nicely).