Full Contact: changing tracks pack

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What tracks do you want on this server?

racing tracks
29%
fun tracks
47%
keep crazzy tracks
24%

Total votes: 17

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Full Contact: changing tracks pack

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 pm

OK, there is a possibility of changing "crazy tracks" to "fun tracks" or "racing" ones on this server, but it's not for sure yet since we need permission of some people to do that.
Anyway, I 'll set up a voting topic so we can see how many players want that.
Notice that "crazy tracks" will not be deleted; we still can play it whenever admin is there.
Of course, you can write your comments too. :wink:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:48 pm

I agree, too many tracks are awful there. In my opinion we should start by removing all tracks that require thinking, along with all the ones longer than ~40 seconds. That would make it a whole lot better already.

Janne
Community User Level: 3

Post by Janne » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:22 pm

I fould prefer default Full Contact pack being mix of good crazy and fun type tracks, also with some new/unused tracks added in. Some low quality tracks from crazy pack could be removed. Full Contact without any crossroads would be nothing. :)

In crazy pack there's just 11 over 40s track and 2 over minute track out of 279 tracks by lap records. [vimio]Galet is most awful of those, big bunch of players usually leaves during that race.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:45 pm

no mutliple votes system that would give even more accurate data ;) i cant pick just 1 :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Janne wrote:I would prefer default Full Contact pack being mix of good crazy and fun type tracks, also with some new/unused tracks added in.

Not bad idea. I think that Mike still have an exel document with list of all crazy tracks and our votes for them. We could pick first 10-20 of them and mix them with fun tracks. And yeah, some new/unused tracks should be added too. Personally, tracks that I hate the most are those with crossings; bad luck ruin the fun. I prefer "fair" fight by fast driving and great attacks in curves.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:36 pm

As I've already said to Whip, I would prefer to have the fun tracks as the default pack there too. For racing tracks we already have WeAreNotThatSameServer and I also agree with Janne's point that full contact is not full contact without fun/crazy tracks.

I am not sure if the server owners would mind us changing the default settings, but if this vote shows that the majority of players want a change then I'll do it.

The idea about tidying up the trackpacks, adding new tracks and setting the default as a mix of tracks is a very nice idea and I agree that a tidy-up definitely needs doing (there are some bugged tracks that need removing also). That'd be a lot of work though so for the shorter term I think picking one trackpack would probably be best.

Janne

Post by Janne » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Whiplash wrote:I think that Mike still have an exel document with list of all crazy tracks and our votes for them. We could pick first 10-20 of them and mix them with fun tracks.

Maybe but in my opinion there's lot more than 10-20 good crazy tracks.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Remove all the tracks where you have to drive in circles... they are so annoying :(

Code: Select all

/----\          /-----\
|     |         |     |
\----+------+---------/
      |         |
      |         |
      |         |
/----+------+---------\
|     |         |      |
\----/          \-----/

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Nah, those are alright. The worst tracks by far are obstacle courses like these :)

Code: Select all

___                                        ___
|     o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o    |
|    o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o     |
|     o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o    |
|    o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o     |
|___  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o ___|

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:01 pm

:lol: That little circles are houses as I can remember. :lol:

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:34 am

Whiplash wrote::lol: That little circles are houses as I can remember. :lol:

Or Jumps or Trees :shock:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Pingu wrote:
Whiplash wrote::lol: That little circles are houses as I can remember. :lol:

Or Jumps or Trees :shock:

:)

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 pm

(Some stuff removed by writer, pardon)
Last edited by Keppana on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 am

Keppana wrote:(...)
We're taking things too seriously?? Read your own post again. Good lord, would you also take offense if someone told you you parted your hair the wrong way?

Of course it's all about having fun, but the track selection is an essential part of that. If I could choose between driving on a good, diverse selection of tracks, or lots of tracks that aren't so fun to drive, I think it's pretty obvious what I'd go for. Yes, the Penni tracks are nice, but there don't have to be 13 of them in one track pack as is the case now. Yes, having some [vimio] tracks on the server is good for variety, but as many as this is just plain annoying. And I could go on. Bottom line is that the track pack can be improved, but obviously for you it wouldn't make any difference since you don't care about track quality.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:33 am

That's correct, actually. There is checkpoint miss in a few tracks of these series. Penni1 and it's variations, upper right corner, that i noticed too late when we was playing it with 10+ players and it was too late to change it anymore. Too many of same track with just little changes is too much, agree if it feels annoying, you simply pick one or two of them then.

reirom

Post by reirom » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:14 am

put all janes mini tracks i can win all of you in jannes minis tracks

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:41 pm

This thread inspired me to try my hand at making some FC tracks, here are the results:

T_Rapeth
T_ColdCuts
T_Worph

:D

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Tijny wrote:This thread inspired me to try my hand at making some FC tracks, here are the results:

T_Rapeth
T_ColdCuts
T_Worph

:D

T_Rapeth - Looking good, love the jail circles after jumps and bump off to deepest muds.
T_ColdCuts - Looking good also, who likes skating? Love the end part bumping zone, you can fail it or you can win lot of time.
T_Worph - Nice little shortcut in first curve, but does it really save time, there should have been bump jump to muds as in upper part ;)

Nice T, knew it you can do good FC tracks *claps*

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Keppana wrote:T_Worph - Nice little shortcut in first curve, but does it really save time, there should have been bump jump to muds as in upper part ;)
Well, in the upper part there is potentially a huge penalty if you don't hit anyone, so I didn't put any jumps in the first curve to encourage the use of the shortcut. And if you hit someone hard and clean in the first curve, they aren't going to like it there either. :P

Thanks for your comments, btw. :)

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

T made such nice tracks, so it inspired me to make another FC style track, and it's not this time just driving annoying circles, thus it includes once again a circle(s).

k-BumpOrFail - http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=829

VPA_Hurlumhei looking also nice, nice to see VPA doing fun tracks once again :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:11 pm

T's tracks are great. About Kepp's, it's just too funny for my taste. The only thing that I hate more then crossings are: crossings combined with bounces. I really can't find fun about it. Your skill and tactic goes to another plan when you play all those tracks and what's the fun winning on them? You just can't take full control of your driving there, so it's just wasting a time playing on them. The radical example is ID_Random. I like fun, but I'm not a kid. These kind of tracks are the main reason why I want another tracks pack.
T's shortcuts on third tracks can be named like crossings too, but those shortcuts gives you a possibility to take different attacking and defending tactics during the race (that can be done on your purpose), which is big plus for that track.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Whiplash wrote:The only thing that I hate more then crossings are: crossings combined with bounces. I really can't find fun about it. Your skill and tactic goes to another plan when you play all those tracks and what's the fun winning on them?

That's why because i like crossings, somebody may not like, but i like it. Crossings are unexpected, you never know if there is another car coming, and that is exciting. And that's what Penni series track is, you have to watch your back for another car coming on crossings every time.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Keppana wrote:
Whiplash wrote:The only thing that I hate more then crossings are: crossings combined with bounces. I really can't find fun about it. Your skill and tactic goes to another plan when you play all those tracks and what's the fun winning on them?

That's why because i like crossings, somebody may not like, but i like it. Crossings are unexpected, you never know if there is another car coming, and that is exciting. And that's what Penni series track is, you have to watch your back for another car coming on crossings every time.

I understand what you're saying, It's good if you can control your race and avoid crossing hits from attackers. But I hate the situations when I get hit from someone who is even too slow to even be the attacker; he hits you just because he is too slow and ruin your race for nothing. Please, just look your track again and tell me how could I avoid someone even if I'm watching on him? When you're on ice and bouncing, you can do nothing. It's pure luck, and playing that can be funny just once or twice if there are 10-20 players; third time when you notice that track in cup, you only want to press esc (and that is what most of people do).
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:37 am

whiplash wrote:third time when you notice that track in cup, you only want to press esc (and that is what most of people do).

Exactly.

Racing on such tracks is ok for the good guys, they have enough skill to create a gap and then there reasonably safe. But in the midfield its just pure a lottery which has nothing to do with racing.. And yes I know its full contact... But lots of people are there just to take you out instead of having wheelbanging spectacular battles that im ok with. They ruin all the fun, and kill the race experience. At those moments I press escape.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:15 am

GR8Arjen wrote:
whiplash wrote:third time when you notice that track in cup, you only want to press esc (and that is what most of people do).

Exactly.

Racing on such tracks is ok for the good guys, they have enough skill to create a gap and then there reasonably safe. But in the midfield its just pure a lottery which has nothing to do with racing.. And yes I know its full contact... But lots of people are there just to take you out instead of having wheelbanging spectacular battles that im ok with. They ruin all the fun, and kill the race experience. At those moments I press escape.

i never really press esc but get quiet annoyed when people start blocking you for 10+ position, it wont get you anywhere near point places since your losing time.
i get ticked off when its 3 laps and start blocking for 10+ position your only on the track too slow people down and by then you will have 0 chance to be a danger for others in better positions.

if even more people then lately would put their will in scoring points in FC cups it would make it alot more competitive.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!