Best times

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

captain_fred

Best times

Post by captain_fred » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi

Are there any possibilities where i could compare my best times with yours ?

I was playing on slicks and slide before and that was not possible unfortunately because i was really not bad !!

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:55 pm

captain_fred

Post by captain_fred » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:16 pm

OK , thanks.

Now , another question . i can see only the record for a few tracks
using the link "...ranking.php"

How to display best times for any tracks? for example for tracks loaded by default with the game ?

Sorry if it's a non sense question ^^

thank you again for your answer

dede

Post by dede » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 pm

TurboSliders doesn't have a centralized statistics system, so you can't find all records in just one place. The best way to compare your laptimes to other drivers is to race online. For example, now in Weekly Wank server you can find a tough competition based on laptimes. Tracks change weekly.
If you want to try a nice racing experience, I suggest to try the TurboSliders.com F1 League.

Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by Keppana » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 pm

There was (don't know if it still extists) a record server where you can upload and download records. You can find records in html mode in sliders/records2/html directory.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 am

captain_fred wrote:Now , another question . i can see only the record for a few tracks
using the link "...ranking.php"

How to display best times for any tracks? for example for tracks loaded by default with the game ?

Sorry if it's a non sense question ^^

thank you again for your answer

If you click on the RANKING on the top of homepage, you can see just a tracks that we played for DIT (Dark International Tournament) about 2 years ago. You can try to play some of these tracks and compare your own times with those to see how really fast you are. Also, you can click there on All Tracks and see overall ranking:
http://www.turbosliders.com/show_points ... ffset=-120

When I just came to this community, I was searching for the same thing that you are looking for now, but that kind of ranking is still not existing.
I tried to convince some admins to make such a ranking for default tracks at least, but I guess nobody else think that community needs that kind of overall ranking. So, if you want to compare your driving skill with some of the best TS drivers, you are not able to do it on some easy and clean way. You need to ask those veterans to tell you every time what's the real record of some track. :?
And even if they tell you the right time, it's not fun to drive and fight for beating it, because that kind of playing is not part of some global competition. So, even you make some great laps, nobody don't care about it much, because they don't feel the need to beat your time again.
I'm tired to speak about it all and all again. I already made few topics about that problem, but nobody don't care.
That ranking would be great motivation for all newcomers especially. I would still like to play something like that. Sometimes when nobody is online, I would play offline wanking. Probably I can do it now too, but it's not fun when it's out of competition. Luckily, T and Badee gave me the admin rights on LVP2 server, so I can play there sometimes because it's more funny. But all other players could miss that centralized ranking much. I already do.

Keppana wrote:There was (don't know if it still extists) a record server where you can upload and download records. You can find records in html mode in sliders/records2/html directory.

Here are records of that server:
http://turbocontrol.webs.com/DFT/index.html
But I think that lot of these times are not the world records. Maybe I'm wrong.

captain_fred

thank you for these explanations

Post by captain_fred » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 am

thank you for these explanation
it's really clear

actually , i'm looking to have good times on de_pict and sc_shortis
and 'i'm still practicing on F1 car for weekly hand

too much things too learn.

i bring with me one friend , we were addicted on slicks and slide before .

I bring also somebody from DUBAI , i was playing in a bar 2 days ago and
this guy (waiter) ask me for the name of the game ^^

it's such a good game that i'm not surprised. i hope i can improve fastly to be able to race with best players.

Whiplash

Re: thank you for these explanations

Post by Whiplash » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:49 pm

captain_fred wrote:thank you for these explanation
it's really clear

actually , i'm looking to have good times on de_pict and sc_shortis
and 'i'm still practicing on F1 car for weekly hand

too much things too learn.

i bring with me one friend , we were addicted on slicks and slide before .

I bring also somebody from DUBAI , i was playing in a bar 2 days ago and
this guy (waiter) ask me for the name of the game ^^

it's such a good game that i'm not surprised. i hope i can improve fastly to be able to race with best players.

You remind me so much on my self. I discovered the game few years ago and I never stopped to be addicted of it (actually, like all players here).
I wanted to improve as fast as I could. I asked so many questions about the all things that could help.
To make it easier for you, I'll show you few more good topics which can help you a lot:
Zoom level:
http://www.turbosliders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1534

How to be dede? :) One of my very first topics:
http://www.turbosliders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1515

Tijny's Sc_Santiss recorded videos:
http://www.turbosliders.com/show_track. ... ffset=-120
To be a good player you have to analyse the videos of some PRO players like Tijny, dede, Janne, Nerd, Mike Nike are. To download a recorded video, just click on the bold red lap time of each car. After that, copy that file to your ...Jollygood Games\Turbo Sliders\video folder. Then run the game and watch it (choose recordings from main menu).
Personally, Tiny's Sc_Santiss videos helped me the most. There is really great compilation of videos with all default cars. There you can especially see the expert mastering of AntiSlider. After I analysed it, I made second best time of that track like you can see. On the same way you can download videos for other tracks there. Good luck. Fell free to ask what ever you want more. ;)

kellyj994

Post by kellyj994 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 am

dede wrote:TurboSliders doesn't have a centralized statistics system, so you can't find all records in just one place. The best way to compare your laptimes to other drivers is to race online. For example, now in Weekly Wank server you can find a tough competition based on laptimes. Tracks change weekly.
If you want to try a nice racing experience, I suggest to try the TurboSliders.com F1 League.

Thanks you for the post.