SCARTS Race Video's - Commentators Wanted

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

SCARTS Race Video's - Commentators Wanted

Post by shyguy1001 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Hey, I will be making a new batch of SCARTS race videos for the upcoming 2011 Full Throttle Cup season and I am recruiting commentators to add "live" commentary after the race. You don't HAVE to race SCARTS although obviously it would be a advantage. Further details are here -

http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t59-sugge ... ace-videos

I now have Sony Vegas, and plan to do videos quicker straight after the event, aiming to get them out just half a week after the event. So, any suggestions for what you would like to see in the videos for 2011? Remember - I need to try and keep production time quick.

Something I would like is "live" commentary by real SCARTS members, this would save me a lot of time on the audio, and would be a really nice touch, it could also make the videos more interesting and funnier. Doing this would also eliminate the need for text commentary, so the only text I would need to put in would maybe be all the standings stuff before the race and all the results and standings after the race, instant replays, a lap counter, race of pitroad, restart order and yellow flag announcments, but there would have to be no explaining text with this. This would save me loads of time (I would do it before commentary was added, so that the commentators would have something to read from like they were commentating live). Of course I would be willing to commentate, so if anyone else wants to apply I would be willing for up to 2 others and special guests every now and again.. if it was really popular we could always have reserves.

Apart from that the other thing I would like is for the driver to record a "victory lane" interview or if he can't do that then just write a statement to include in the videos. Of course other interviews etc. would be brilliant too.

I may also scrap the flag videos and just replace it with a sorta flashing flag somewhere on the screen and the commentators could announce it.

If anyone is interested in commentary, or being a guest commentator, then apply to me either on this topic or via PM either on this forum or the main turbosliders forum.

If anyone has any other suggestions for what they would like to see on the videos, any are welcome and will be greatly appreciated, contact me on this topic or via PM again.

Oh something I forgot - I also plan to do a "Last time out" section where I have a two minute recap of the last race with music, the best commentary and the best action from the previous race.

If I can get these videos made really quickly - perhaps we could either make entirely new videos for the Rising Star and Old Timers League or just add a highlights section with highlights of those to the current video.

Cheers :)

So yeah, any suggestions or applications, tell me here or via PM :)

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 pm

If you need examples of current race videos, take a look here:

http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/f18-race-videos

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWa5mIlZRBQ

Here's the opening sequence for 2011.. not the final version, feedback would be appreciated. Figured out how to use vegas now so expect some Turbocharged videos in the coming weeks, with "live" commentary :D

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:19 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWa5mIlZRBQ

Here's the opening sequence for 2011.. not the final version, feedback would be appreciated. Figured out how to use vegas now so expect some Turbocharged videos in the coming weeks, with "live" commentary :D

maybe you should think about doing just 1 (or more if you want to yourself) for the F1 category aswell the ones that are on youtube now are cool but its short worse quality then you make ect.
ye what can i say more id like to see you make a vid for that category :D

Great job on the vidz :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:49 pm

If I could get some F1 commentators and perhaps someone to highlight the key events of the race for me, sure I would make some F1 ones.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:If I could get some F1 commentators and perhaps someone to highlight the key events of the race for me, sure I would make some F1 ones.

So people who is interested in commentating about TS F1 races????
Sure would be interesting and a lot of fun,
Not to mention it would be appreciated by the community aswell.

Videos will be released on Youtube so anyone who watches those videos might want to play TS and get the community to grow more!
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Thats the idea, I would make the video with no sound (but maybe music, or it could be added after), a team of commentators would commentate on it using skype, and then the video would be released, probably in two parts, on youtube :) It would be great if a real proffesional quality could be achieved, I am sure it would be a great advert for the game..

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Dide Dide » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 am

shyguy1001 wrote:Thats the idea, I would make the video with no sound (but maybe music, or it could be added after), a team of commentators would commentate on it using skype, and then the video would be released, probably in two parts, on youtube :) It would be great if a real proffesional quality could be achieved, I am sure it would be a great advert for the game..

Good Ideia, i would like to participate, but
Lately i will not have many time, since i will be going at university

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0S1gTcDhcY

The introduction video for the Autoclub Turbocharged 375. The full race video including live commentary should be out within a week.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am

Gah I have had a video for SCARTS sitting around for weeks now.. and Charter has mysteriously disappeared, anyone willing to commentate with me and possibly simms? Since Simms isn't the most educated with this game, a 3 man team would be preferable for sure. You don't necessarily have to have raced SCARTS - just know a little bit about Turbosliders..

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 15, 2011 3:40 pm

hmm i especially like the voices in the last videos...where it just sounds like english is their mother language..
i could give it a try if no one else want, but lol..i actually dont like scarts - i just like tsliders-videos to be commented, so i'd be up for that, no matter my voice (german accent) might suck^^
but i kinda recommend someone else to do it^^