IRC and LVP servers

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

IRC and LVP servers

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm

I had to open the topic here cause I hardly could explain my problems via MSN.
I don't understand some basic things about IRC connection and its clients.
I don't know what and where to type to join the LVP and LVP2 channels (rooms).
This is an example: (client: HydraIRC)
I don't know what to do there.

Also, there are many other clients that ask me for informations that I don't know. For example, this are informations that one of them has by default:
host:
irc.freenode.net:6667
channels:
#virca

Or another one:
IRC server:
irc.freenode.net
IRC server port:
Channels:
#virca

With all those informations setted up I can join easily there.

So the question is: What should I type there to join LVP servers. The only information that I have is channel name (#LVP and #LVP2). But what about others: IRC server, IRC server port???
Maybe newbah questions, but I just can't make it. :wink:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Just select a random IRCnet server from the list in your image, it's really not that hard. It could be that some servers will only allow people from the same region, but just keep trying until you find one that lets you in.

JonnO
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by JonnO » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:06 pm

For me, i use Mirc. Have done for around 3 years but on Quakenet.

I just choose IRCnet as your picture shows, then double click "Random Server". You shouldn't need to enter any server information as this is used for irc bouncers (which keep you online 24/7). This then added the server and all I had to do was press Connect! :)

To join channels type "/j #LVP" or "/j #LVP2" - /j means /join obviously :lol:

Simple :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:52 pm

T, Badee, pls just make few little more things here. I would like to have all infos that gives me nice preview of the race (cup) even I'm not watching it directly.
-So, there should be infos about live times for each lap (at least for first 3 of them with their gaps). It would be cool to use IRC when we're not at home in front of our PC's during some official races that we can't join. But even in all other situations it would be much better and useful to have live statistic there, not some kind of chat room that it is now.
-Also, infos about cup points (at least for first 6 players).
-Nicks Boteend and Biteend are, also, too long. It would be better to have only nicks like 1 and 2 (I don't know actually why you need 2 of them, but whatever). When I'm using my mobile phone, preview would be much better with shorter nicks. I'm pretty sure that preview would be better with PCs too.

I'm pretty sure that all lines can be nicely organized for a nice preview. We don't have to use those channels for chat. It should be information area at first. We can chat using private messages, or LVP puna channel where is no that much activity.
Now, LVP channels are pretty much useless. Why do we need fastest laps??? :? It would have sense only if you show times for each lap too.
I'm sure that it's not that hard to make for you. We would have live statistics like real F1 do. :wink:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm

No, no, no and no. Get a clue.