It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Arjen

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

GR8Arjen

Community User Level: 3

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 am

Hello team FUN,

This is not Arjen, I am his girlfriend Esmiralda and just came home.

Arjen is ok, and he asked me to let you all know.

I came home from work, and Arjen was on the ground next to the table and had the computer keyboard under him. He was breething, and I was able to wake him up.
He was full of red dots, (rash) and totaly confuesed. I called ambulance, which came right away.

They put him on the hart monitor, and used lots of medications to get him stable in the hospital.

Arjen is now in the Twee steden hospital in Tilburg and is doing well.
He is having this allergy like reactions for the last 4 years, but as today was not normal!
Like this only happend 1 time, but I was with him, now he was alone. He is recovering well thank god, and the rash (like a million red dots all over his body is slowly disapearing)

He told me 2 hours ago in the hospitial that I have to tell you all here because he was gonna be racing with you tonight.

Arjen also told me that you all should not be worried. And I can agree, but he realy scared me today... With luck he might come home tommorow evening since the doctors can't do nothing. Which is no suprise since they never done anything in searching his problems.

I keep you informed if Arjen can't.

Post this to all to know please, I don't know this forum.

Esmiralda.

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 am

Whoa, that's heavy. Glad to hear he's alright though, here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

Augusto

Community User Level: 1

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 am

GR8Arjen wrote:Hello team FUN,

This is not Arjen, I am his girlfriend Esmiralda and just came home.

Arjen is ok, and he asked me to let you all know.

I came home from work, and Arjen was on the ground next to the table and had the computer keyboard under him. He was breething, and I was able to wake him up.
He was full of red dots, (rash) and totaly confuesed. I called ambulance, which came right away.

They put him on the hart monitor, and used lots of medications to get him stable in the hospital.

Arjen is now in the Twee steden hospital in Tilburg and is doing well.
He is having this allergy like reactions for the last 4 years, but as today was not normal!
Like this only happend 1 time, but I was with him, now he was alone. He is recovering well thank god, and the rash (like a million red dots all over his body is slowly disapearing)

He told me 2 hours ago in the hospitial that I have to tell you all here because he was gonna be racing with you tonight.

Arjen also told me that you all should not be worried. And I can agree, but he realy scared me today... With luck he might come home tommorow evening since the doctors can't do nothing. Which is no suprise since they never done anything in searching his problems.

I keep you informed if Arjen can't.

Post this to all to know please, I don't know this forum.

Esmiralda.

:o

Fortunately he is fine. I hope he recovers soon :(

Whiplash

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 2:53 am

GR8Arjen wrote:He is having this allergy like reactions for the last 4 years (...)
Esmiralda.

Liar! Wasn't it because of my Full Contact hit? :wink:
Be better soon man. :wink:

dede

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 am

Augusto wrote:Fortunately he is fine. I hope he recovers soon :(

+1

See you soon Arjen!

Mike Nike

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

+1 too, here
i wonder what kind of red dots it were (having slightly similar problems in the past)

lanz, arjen and me at lanz server before the race, yesterday..
(exluded bunch of lines)
seems arjen did lay down on purpose, but next time we might see it coming and might be able to call someone just for the case..

Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> I can concentrate <- obviously a typo here
Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> puzzeling for 4 f*** years for that answer
Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> I am a zombie, in a moment, must fight it

Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> I am gonna puke this food out! <- so..we might have our reason

Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> I ned to lay dnow <- glad to know, he did it on purpose
Message: <[FUN] GR8 Arjen> ojlk;lk;k <- this might look a bit like he "broke together", but id rather think he cared more fighting with his weak body than caring about not touching the keyboard....i know that feeling, i.e. had some kinda neurodermitis 1 year long (still have, but only low)

then i disconnected, to see serverlist

Pingu

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

dk;ojlk;lk;k ... thats where he fell on his keyboard :s

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm

we had a nice session on wednesday and from what i remember he writed a few times such nonsense things when he made a mistake in a good lap etc. so i thought he is "only" pissed because allergy was kicking in! after i closed my server and entered to official one i thought that he must be really feeling bad because he didnt showed up anymore, but it would never came to my mind that it was so bad! glad your ok now!

GR8Arjen

PostFri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Gues who is back home. ;)

Thank you all for your best wishes.

I am almost 100% fine now, and tomorrow I tell you all what exactly happend. (as far I can remember)

Off to bed now, still tired.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.

Arjen

GR8Arjen

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 am

Slept so much, can't sleep anymore now, lol

So what happend?

Wednesday: Light complaints when waking up, usual stuff for me.

Well. I was doing some testing with Lanz, and although I felt it hard to get on pace in this new car/format. I slowly progressed, and it actualy went better then expacted. I drove a 30.836 I think without fuel. Still woried about my lack of consistancy, (which is always my weakness) but I even managed to do better then I even hoped, and in laptimes, My fastest lap times, in the race sims me and Lanz did to test different strategies, I was around 2 tents slower them him. So that made me confident for the race for next day.

So we had some cool testing, and some cool close racing. Only big worries would be pit-stops, since I lost lots of time there.

Later that evening, some hours after we stopped testing. I did some runs on my own with fuel, and drove a 32.603 or something. Which was Faster then Lanz did in our sim with that amount of fuel. So I was pleased and confident.

Thursday: Light to average complaints, when I woke up, It will go away I thought. (which it normally does)

I had agreed with Lanz to have a final test session before the race, so we could use it as a good warm-up, and for me it was ideal to get some experience with the car.

I just had dinner before our test, and I joined the server of Lanz. Mike was already around aswell I believe. So it felt awsome to have him around aswell sharing feedback with us. Mood was good.

Since I have my complaints now for so long time, I have become used to them I gues, and although I felt not so good, I didn't had in mind that I was in quite bad condition on that moment. Maybe because of the excitement and all, for the fun of racing which I was looking forward to.

So we started our first heat testing without fuel, and I was all over the place. I couldn't make a chicane, or corner, missed braking points, I was a mess and more off track then on the track at some moments. It instantly made me pissed off. and the harder I tried, the worse it got. I had no concentration, and no coordination. So I told Lanz I couldn't race, and he should contact Popo.

I think my best lap in that session was a 32.6 or so, (without fuel)
So we discussed it a bit, and then I said that I wanted another 20 laps to try. And we did went out for the second heat. Same problems all over, and I drove a 31.7 as best lap. During this heat, my condition went downhill fast. Although it was already declining just before I joined the first practice run we did.

It is hard to describe. but it slowly felt like all my energy was getting sucked out, and at the worst moment in the end, I felt like I had a 100kg person laying on top of me. My head felt like 20 hands were pushing on it (above the nose) You can try it yourself to understand the feeling a bit... All around the top of your head, with your own hands to get an idea.
Just hold your hands like you want to protect your eyes, (palms above nose) and push hard., and then move your hands around your head from left to right, and on top. Imagine that feeling at all places at the same time, It drains your energy quite easy I can say.

I was losing concentration (not to race, but to function) fast, but also didn't want to leave my teammate Lanz alone for the race, so when he said Popo couldn't replace me, I said I would race. (auto responce I think) We even discussed about team points etc. (what was I thinking)
Then I somehow realised that I could ruin other people's races if I would start. And when realising that, and I knew I wasn't gonna race, I realised how fucked up I really was.

I can not remember quite much after that point. It seems I said that I wanted to puke the food out, since I felt this warm feeling making me shiver coming up fast in like a few minutes. I got so dizzy and while typing "I need to lay down" - "I ned to lay dnow", I must have passed out leaning forward till the point of were the chair I was sitting on (cheap office chair with wheels) shot away under my butt making me fall on the ground, while the only thing I was holding was the keyboard.

I must have laid there for about an hour or so, can't recall anything. Esmi found me when she got home from work and she said I was only mumbling weird stuff.

I remember getting in the hospital, and they injected the meds in the shunt they put in my arm. I also remember me having rash all over my body except on my feet, and face. Like Esmi said, It were a million red dots. while normaly on a bad day I have like 50 or so on my arms, not even on other places. Docs said I would be ok, and I passed out again, then after another hour I came by and I was feeling some power again. Not much but it was a nice feeling that I got back some strength, and every minute I gained a bit more.

Later when I was stable, and I was able to make a joke, Esmi knew I was ok, (we had a situation like this once before , and several other less severe but serious ones)
So she left home for our dog, and I asked her before she left to inform you guys, since I didn't even knew if you guys would be worried. Mostly because of the fact I didn't even know what happend in those last moments.

So I am glad she done that correctly, and I am also happy to read the log Mike Nike posted. Or well happy.... It is really bizar to read it back. But it did helped me in understanding what happend in the end so thanks Mike!

Thanks all for the support, and perhaps Mike is right on his idea, of having some plans made. (Perhaps some phone numbers for emergencies I should share) I don't ever want to be in such situation alone again, thats a fact!

I read you have some experience yourself with situations like this Mike, happy to hear you close to have it under control. I hope I will have that aswell one day.

Looking forward to race again!
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pingu

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 am

but do you know what caused it though now?

Etmil

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 am

Although I don't race in this league, it's still scary to read something like this about a fellow driver. Hope you've recovered now and all is well, Arjen :)

dede

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 12:19 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Thanks all for the support, and perhaps Mike is right on his idea, of having some plans made. (Perhaps some phone numbers for emergencies I should share) I don't ever want to be in such situation alone again, thats a fact!

I think this is a good idea. ;)

GR8Arjen

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 am

Pingu wrote:but do you know what caused it though now?

We have no idea :(

The food I ate that day which could be seen as the "trigger" never ever been a trigger to me. I am searching for patterns for 4 years now, and I am still without a clue. All my troubles seem to happen on different conditions so far.

It can be food intolerance instead of allergies... But such would normally not result in Anaphylactic shock. But it all is quite complex as you can imagine.

If it is food intolerance, it is so hard to trace, since you can get a reaction till about 72 hours later... Allergies, will give reactions within seconds till a few hours.

Anyway, I have been in a long medical circus in Holland for this, but they never did really an active search for the problem. Only thing they do is giving pills that in my case never helped. (free vacations for these doctors must be really tempting I gues.... )

The way the docs treated me pissed me off eventually, since I don't want to take pills, if we don't know the true reason why I should need them.
They just simply said, we don't know what is wrong with you. (without really testing seriously, yes they did some blood tests, and the most basic food/common screenings, but so much more is possible...)

So 1,5 week ago I started all over, and I went over to the main hospital in Antwerpen for a new diagnoses. I left there with a good feeling, they seem to take action, filled in lots of test requests, and drained the same day 12 tubes of blood for testing! (My record in Holland was like 5 tubes!)

I also have to go there next friday for some provocation tests on medication. (since I know I am probably allergic to NSAID like meds like for instance Ibuprofen) They want to know what they can give me when things go wrong in the long future. This is smart thinking ahead, since if I ever get some for instance... arthritis in the future when I reach say 75, it is good to know what I can have and can't have. (painkillers and stuff) Provocation test at my age, way better idea to do it now, then on a old age, since it could be risky.

Were also gonna do some other type of provocation tests, like testing on stress, physical stress, warmth, cold, water, (I often get reactions during showers, and swimming aswell. Some days none or a tiny bit, like just some red large spots on my chest like most of the people have. But I once got into almost the same troubles during swimming. (Which I done a thousand times without large problems)

I suggested ofcourse when I was treated in Holland to do such tests, but, even a simular hospital visit like I had now, was not able to convince them at that time.

So you see, my troubles seem to be quite complicated. It is like a lot of things can trigger an attack.

But athleast, I am happy we have a plan now with my new doc in Antwerpen to figure things out. Lol we did on the first appointment there, more then in a year in Holland.

Were gonna dig deep now, and let's hope to find some news that others would see as bad news, because in my case, bad news can make my life better! It would give me a chance to adapt my life with that new information, instead of trying to adapt to the unkown. ;)

GR8Arjen

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 am

Etmil wrote:Although I don't race in this league, it's still scary to read something like this about a fellow driver. Hope you've recovered now and all is well, Arjen :)

Thanks for your concerns! Really appreciate it!

I am totally feeling fine now atm. :)

GR8Arjen

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 am

dede wrote:
GR8Arjen wrote:Thanks all for the support, and perhaps Mike is right on his idea, of having some plans made. (Perhaps some phone numbers for emergencies I should share) I don't ever want to be in such situation alone again, thats a fact!

I think this is a good idea. ;)

Yeah, it is,

I think I am gonna send Esmiralda's work phone number to some of the most active players I am in contact with. and perhaps the phone number of my parents. (who live just 1 km away)

List I can make so far:

Dede, Forum - And during cups,
Lanz, FUN - Scarts - SL, and during (pvt) practice sessions
Shyguy, MSN - FUN - Scarts - SL
Tijny, IRC - (reading FC chat most of the time)

I think the people above could cover me: (only if they want to ofcourse, I realy would appreciate it! 8) )

Any other players can contact the above 4 when needed. (underlined MSN and IRC for quicker contact outside TurboSliders.)
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GR8Arjen

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 am

Hmm, I now seem to hijack this topic, :?

Dede, can you split this all up into a new one into general discussion?

(and then delete this post)

Thanks in advance!

Lanz

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am

GR8Arjen wrote:I think the people above could cover me: (only if they want to ofcourse, I realy would appreciate it! 8) )

nothing easier then that! just pm me everthing needed! area code etc.!

dede

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Dede, can you split this all up into a new one into general discussion?

Ok done!

I believe that giving phone numbers to those who often play with you is a good idea. Anybody could make a quick call to your sister/family if anything goes wrong again. I'm shit at speaking, but they would understand anyway I guess :)

shyguy1001

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah pm me things you need arjen sure, I'm often around.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

GR8Arjen

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks Dede fot the split and support!

Thanks again to Lanz and Shy, who also agreed on babysitting me!

I am gonna pm those phone numbers, but only if you all sign the 21 pages contract with very annoying not interesting small letters,

:lol:

Pm's will be on there way,

*sigh*

Awsome guys!, I have a tear in my eye now!

(damn you bastards!) :D

Lexx

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Just read this, and kinda shocked to see all this.

Im glad you're fine now, and I hope that they'll find something in Antwerpen for you... So good luck!

Now for helping:

Since we have a few Dutch players here (Like Tijny, Badeend and myself) it's not a strange option to leave your phone number somewhere, or adress. Then again, I don't know your situation and if it's life threatening when you go bad, but it's just an idea to call an ambulance in case your girlfriend is not home or anyone else. ;)

misterpom

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh, that was some serious shit, Arjen. :cry:

I'm glad to hear you're fine. You're one of the finest guys in the TS community and I'd be really shocked and saddened if something worse happened to you. I'm really glad you're healing, man.

NOW STOP BEING A MORON TOTAL :D

Badeend

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Whoah! Glad to see you're getting better :)

Mouse

PostTue Mar 06, 2012 4:05 am

Glad you're doing well, Arjen. :wink:
Next

Return to General Discussion