It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:49 am

2011-2012 Turbosliders.com F1 League SlidersTV Awards RESULT

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 5

2011-2012 Turbosliders.com F1 League SlidersTV Awards RESULT

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Here are the results for the 2011-2012 F1 League SlidersTV Awards :D Congratulations to everyone that was nominated (with the exception of maybe the fail award :D), and a big congratulations to all the winners.

WINNERS

Best Driver
(Awarded to the best driver throughout the season)

Dede (Turbosliders + Team)

At first the voting was close in this category, but eventually Dede pulled away to take a comfortable victory. The now 3 time champion of the F1 League is a deserving winner, after problems early in the season set him back, but he overcame them with three great wins, and won his third consecutive championship. Congratulations!

Best Race
(Most exciting race to watch on SlidersTV)

- Qatar Airways Night Race ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RfiDae ... plpp_video )

The first ever night race with all that exciting battling for the podium spots just beat the exciting Budweiser US Grand Prix, they tied for votes, so we had to go back to number of nominatinos to decide the winner. But what a deserving one - tense racing under the lights, a FUN 1-2, the championship battle taking shape, a fantastic race.

Best Win
(Most impressive Pro Race win)

- Dede: Austrian Grand Prix ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIexyzkxb3g )

A superb drive in the wet for Dede, beating both of Pablinho's wins by just a single vote. This win was crucial as it reversed his poor start to the season, but perhaps what helps it to win the award was the dominating fashion in which it was taken. After an early mistake allowed Pablinho past to take the lead for a few laps, Dede regained the lead after Pablinho made a mistake of his own and from there did not look back, driving a perfect race despite the harsh conditions to prove why he is the top wet weather warrior.

Best Track
(The best track in terms of racing, looks, etc.)

- Losail International Circuit, Lanz ( http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track. ... 7&offset=0 )

Losail wins another award for it's fantastic lighting, the novelty of racing under the lights made it popular with drivers and those watching on SlidersTV. Not only that but it is a great layout, with a mix of fast sweepers including a great 3 apex corner in the top right of the track, and slow hairpins that provide excellent overtaking opportunities. The track will surely be popular for many years to come, congratulations on winning the award!

Best Overtake
(The best overtake from the season, Pro Races only)

- Dede vs Etmil: US Grand Prix ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyOc7-EGNg#t=12m18s )

Could it be anything else? Voters said it was the most realistic overtake they have ever seen on turbosliders. One that will surely be used on replay tapes again and again - the quick reactions shown here by Dede prove why he is one of the best. A well deserved award, congratulations!

Best Rookie
(The best player who made his first start this season, both pro and rookie races)

- Wokinger (Verva Racing Team)

A very close competition, Wokinger beat JonnO by just a single vote. After many years of racing as one of the top drivers in his iconic F1SL McLaren, Wokinger now sets himself up to be a top driver in the Turbosliders.com F1 League with a fantastic rookie year, qualifying for every pro race he attempted and finishing inside the top eleven 4 times. Congratulations on the award!

Best Gentleman
(The fairest racer from the season, both pro and rookie races)

- JoHn_5 (Independent)

Again a very close competetion, JoHn beat Lux by just 1 vote to win the award. A popular and quiet driver, he is never too dangerous on the track and acts like a true gentleman at all times. Congratulations on winning the award, now you must live up to the repuation! :twisted: :D

The REIROM Award for Biggest Fail
(The biggest failure of any kind during the season)

Clearly the most anticipated award, the winner is.................

- Lexx: Hitting the pitwall on entry in the Austrian Grand Prix ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIexyzkxb3g#t=24m10s )

Ehuehuehueheuheuehuehue. Semi-congratulations, you seem winner! YES ABBY!

------------------------------------------------------

Many congratulations to all awards winners! :D
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Pingu

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Congratz all :D

pablinho15

Community User Level: 2

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Congratz all! :)

UKOGSam

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Well done everyone. Can't wait for next season :lol:

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 4:35 pm

uh nice!thx
congratz to all!

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Yes ABBY! Total glad to have been part of the 'best overtake' maneuver even if it was myself who was overtaken :D

Wokinger

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Thx for voting. I'm glad that I won one category :D Of course it will be much more difficult to win another category next season, but.. We will see. I hope I will be able to do more than in my first season ;)

dede

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Etmil wrote:Yes ABBY! Total glad to have been part of the 'best overtake' maneuver even if it was myself who was overtaken :D

You deserve at least half of the award, since a nice overtaking in F1 League is possible ONLY if both players want to make that happen. Thank you for your collaboration ;)

Thanks for nominating me in so many categories, I didn't expect to win anything except the best overtake.

Thanks everybody for making the F1 League the most successful cup I ever organized. <3 u all!

JonnO

PostSun Mar 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Wokinger wrote:I'm glad that I won one category :D

Huehuhe, well done and on the other hand fu! :evil: 1 vote total unfair :lol:

dede wrote:Thanks everybody for making the F1 League the most successful cup I ever organized. <3 u all!

Nice, certainly looking forward to the next one whenever that is! 8)

Simmser696

PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Im p sure Lexx is happy with his REIROM award that beats any SCARTS championship for sure. :P

Return to General Discussion