It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:25 am

IRT Ranking

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

IRT Ranking

PostTue Mar 20, 2012 8:10 pm

I never analyzed it before actually. But now when I did, it's pretty much cool shit I can say. It could be easily used like a base for the "hall of fame" ranking that I always asking for.
Things that could make it interesting are:
-Possibility that each player be compared to any other. Now we have possibility to compare only players who played together at the same time, but if the ranking worked on some other principles, any kind of comparison would be possible. I guess, number of tracks must be limited for that (like on DIT). About 10 tracks, 1 per week.
-Automated results updating. The ranking should be linked to the autoserver (like on DIT). It would give a possibility for any player to get on the list easily. In some short time ranking would have a lot of players, so all those graphs and comparisons will be really accurate and interesting to fallow.
-In order to make it more interesting, autoserver should show live results too.
-Point system probably must be changed. Percent of best lap time (or 3 laps, like in quali for the last F1 season) will probably be the best choice for determination of the ranking. In order to make it more satisfied for non-wankers, maybe the best choice is 10 laps of 11. First lap would be just for a warming up and finding position for a big fast lap combo. That would be pretty similar to IRT where consistency is crucial. But, for sure, it must be tested at first. It could be boring maybe, with even bigger luck factor (players will have to lose a lot of time to get a desired position). In that case, 1 best lap would be the best (It's kinda the most dynamic). 10 of 11 laps, from other side, makes players always possible to improve, which is better in long terms. In that case even pros will feel the need to play it more, cause it's easier to improve 10/11, than 1/11. But, laggy people would probably not like it.
-All statistics from DIT ranking should be included (all laptimes for each car and overall etc) with possibility of comparing.
-Team statistics, skill levels for players (When some player manage to get a new level, it could be showed live in autoserver in some "news" section for example).
-Country flags should be added. :wink:

If T could already to build this existing IRT ranking, I'm sure that all those changes would be easy for him to do too. :wink:
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dede

PostTue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Not sure if I understood it correctly, but THAT ranking is just for IRT races. Anything can be made based on scripts we already have anyway...

Whiplash

PostTue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 pm

dede wrote:Not sure if I understood it correctly, but THAT ranking is just for IRT races.

I thought about using that ranking for DIT kind of competition and make Hall of Fame ranking from it. It would be apart from IRT and be named differently. Sure, with modifications that I mentioned.
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm

T shound someday fix the script to correct personal statics. I don't know what kind of filters it does use, but it may be fixed that way if the script choose only player's name (instead picking [tag] player name?) and then it should correct with personal stats? Other problem is that there is players with duplicate names, for example Ippon²-benzin and benzinfurz. On his profile "benzinfurz" entries has been counted, but "Ippon²-benzin" entries has not been counted.
Last edited by Keppana on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dede

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Keppana wrote:T shound someday fix the script to correct personal statics. I don't know what kind of filters it does use, but it may be fixed that way if the script choose only player's name (instead picking [tag] player name?) and then it should correct with personal stats? Other problem is that there is players with duplicate names, for example Ippon²-benzin and benzinfurz. On his profile "benzinfurz" entries has been counted, but "Ippon²-benzin" entries has not been counted.

I guess I know what the problem is.. I'll have a look as soon as I'll have time [never]. :P

Return to General Discussion