It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:34 am

Turbo Sliders - Mac version

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: A Turbosliders Wine Package

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 7:03 am

Chukie wrote:Just tried this on the latest PS X and it worked pretty much perfectly, except that I can't join the beta server. It says that my client version of the game is either newer of older than the server version of the game... probably my version is older. Is there a way to get a newer package with Wineskin?

It's expected that you can't join beta server. You can't do it even with current Windows version. Beta server is only available to a group of players who are testing the new version.
New version of the game will be released soon, so once that's done, some Mac user can create such package. :wink:

Chukie

Community User Level: 1

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 7:39 am

Whiplash wrote:
Chukie wrote:Just tried this on the latest PS X and it worked pretty much perfectly, except that I can't join the beta server. It says that my client version of the game is either newer of older than the server version of the game... probably my version is older. Is there a way to get a newer package with Wineskin?

It's expected that you can't join beta server. You can't do it even with current Windows version. Beta server is only available to a group of players who are testing the new version.
New version of the game will be released soon, so once that's done, some Mac user can create such package. :wink:

Ah, I see. Would be great to have a server with the original cars and tracks for the current version also though. I'll just stick to renewing my sliding skills on local for now then. Might setup a server every once in a while for old times sake though. :)
"We play more games before 9am than most people play all day."

Whiplash

Re: Mac version

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Anyway, good news for Mac users is that I managed to contact velmu, the guy who packed v2.0.0. for Mac. He will gladly make another package for the new version. :wink:

Jan

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 8:31 am

Chukie wrote:Would be great to have a server with the original cars and tracks for the current version also though. Might setup a server every once in a while for old times sake though. :)

Yes! Right now racing in TS definitely needs some more flow. ;)

Chukie

Re: Mac version

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 am

Whiplash wrote:Anyway, good news for Mac users is that I managed to contact velmu, the guy who packed v2.0.0. for Mac. He will gladly make another package for the new version. :wink:

That's great! I'll have to thank him later for doing that.

Jan wrote:
Chukie wrote:Would be great to have a server with the original cars and tracks for the current version also though. Might setup a server every once in a while for old times sake though. :)

Yes! Right now racing in TS definitely needs some more flow. ;)
Haha. Looks like it... I picked up the game couple days ago and I've been reading the forums a bit. Seems like everything is f1, touring cars, punaball or antislider... Not really my cup of tea. :)

Edit: The touring cars are actually quite nice to drive. Might show on that server to give the Porge a spin.
"We play more games before 9am than most people play all day."
Previous

Return to General Discussion