if i read "download demo" as new player, i would think of quite some limitations. "a demo? nah, then i dont dl it..".
it might indeed be good to advertise with just "download sliders here...".
- made me think about nonstatic tracks, like..adding elements which can be moved or removed, such as collecting weapons (which though might be a too big of a gamecode change); invisibility object, so a car gets invisible for x seconds.
- spinning ability is probably important in order to get unstuck in some situations. and also for some gamemods. it could be an option though, such as in car file:
spinning (type boolean, default 1).
- imo id prefer you to write "cars could have the option to have ability..." instead "cars should have". though i dont actually know what you mean with only turning left when accelerate..
- spinng while flying..oh well, i like the arcarde way..
- 64 rot-images. i just know that it feels good to drive with just 64 possible rotations, since that way you can have a feeling about driving to the very outside, make a fast correction steer and end up driving into the perfect parallel at the outside of the road, facing the perfect driving direction. with 128 or more possible rotations this will be harder and you would need more time to drive straight on a straight lol..; also..changing this kinda changes the game in a way, that records would probably need to be .re3 files, what i dont like^^. but the advantage with more rotations is quite minimal.
-"But realistic one should be default one" - imo the arcade should be the default one. i like the ts gameplay, more realistic racing games i usually dont like. just imagine all those 3d racing games, where you need to install 500mb+, take 20 minutes to adjust key settings, options..and end up driving 1 lap, because the car loses grip so easily that you slide off the 1st curve -.-
- if it comes to puna, im actually afraid by the way that older versions were easier to play, while nowadays those weird 45 degree sideshots happen more often...but dunno anymore.
imo nondefault, but i can imagine a lot prefer that to go default. either way, yet another thing, which would need a .re3 file. i remember wasting a huge amount of time in newstargp trying to hunt a sick rec by gaining time by overtaking bots.
-slipperiness..hmm, with bounciness of walls and elasticity of cars some probs might be gone already. on the other side there could indeed exist some kind of terrain or obstacle that works just like the end of the screen. but it might look weird when racing those lines, imo.
the crashline in the vid at 2min13sec is actually kinda nice, but yeah, i guess you prefer less of a sidepowerhit and more something like: little slowdown, keep driving at the side of the track, which is definately a good solution too, id say.
cars more slippery? do you mean less likely to crash into wall or car? wouldnt that be pattern depending? and weight and elasticity depending or something? which already is included..
ingame [TABsimilarKey]-stats to show fastest lap rank of racing players(+bots) for hotlap cups. so something like a timeattack mode is possible. maybe even races based on nr of minutes and not nr of laps. with the ghost reset key, probably necessary to add in tracks as 1 grid (ghostracing only or if nonghost race then car needs to be temporarily ghosted for x sec and for up to "infinity" later as long as colliding with other cars, so we dont get a 2car-mutant^^)
muteall - in some situations you just have to say something, like brb/wait..., dont know what other stuff. the brb thingy can be done with the newstargp "ready?" button, which each one has to click.
an automatic knockoutsystem, which autoforced players to switch into spectatormode
...anyway, that onserver chat console should have the command for a player to switch in spec mode and back, maybe (if allowed by specmayjoinplayerlist 1 or so)
-saycommand from serveradmin
it could be a helpful option, yeah. but sometimes its good to know who wrote hello^^. sure, the admin could say "serveradmin- hello" or so, but imo its fine the way it is.
- the color thingy though, im afraid of the negative consequences lol. if coloring, then maybe option of std chatcolor as player in chat sounds like a bit of a muststep then.
“Do you really want to quit” question
yeah i have that often too, many times accidently quit without purpose. but i think needing to hit one more time enter might actually nerv me more. but not sure..
-bottom screen players info
for new players, having that info is good, so id like to keep it as default; the transparency could work though, if the font is still readable above most trackterrains.
at trackmania nations even 100+ drivers could drive in ghostmode for timeattack and "rounds"(=races), quite warpy and most usually you disable to show other cars (which could be an option for sliders too in ghostraces, especially in qualifications)
...eh i just read the self controlled camera thingy
made me think: did someone suggested fog of war yet for battle mod^^? ah too much to code maybe..