Turbo Sliders - New Version

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Afinfas wrote:About DEMO name. ..

Yeah, agreed, should be removed! FREE Full game instead or so!
I just think it would be important/clever to give some cool features to the guys who buy the license! Like possibility of editing colors/car...mainly customization stuff! :)
Nah, they should just have (d) latter removed from back of their nicks as it's now. :wink:
Colors will be too big restriction.

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Whiplash wrote:

I just think it would be important/clever to give some cool features to the guys who buy the license! Like possibility of editing colors/car...mainly customization stuff! :)
Nah, they should just have (d) latter removed from back of their nicks as it's now. :wink:
I mean...i gave it as an example. Something should be only for persons who buy license. And colors...i dont mean only who has bought a license can change colors but, has the possibility of customizing more his cars or so.

Unfortunately theres not many persons who will give money for a game that they can have it for free so like that there would be some income for Ande or its creators and some reward for players who buy it! But nothing really extraordinary. Anyway...i get happy with any of the solutions. I even bought it already so...makes no difference for me! :)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Afinfas wrote:
Whiplash wrote:

I mean...i gave it as an example. Something should be only for persons who buy license. And colors...i dont mean only who has bought a license can change colors but, has the possibility of customizing more his cars or so.

Unfortunately theres not many persons who will give money for a game that they can have it for free so like that there would be some income for Ande or its creators and some reward for players who buy it! But nothing really extraordinary. Anyway...i get happy with any of the solutions. I even bought it already so...makes no difference for me! :)
There is already an option inside of the game where you can allow joining only licensed players to the server. So, in case we get a lot of newcomers, that's a nice way to push them to buy the game. Official cups can be set only for licensed players in that case and that's the best solution. But, for now, we should care more about how to bring new players to download and play the game. Making restrictions at the beginning for them will not make it happen. So, Ande already thought about it while releasing the v2.0., but the game started suddenly dying after 1-2 years and admins never felt the need to use that option.
You probably noticed it all here. Blue sliders icons are for DEMO players and they are all like that now. In the future (in the bright future) some of the servers could became red for whole time or just during the official races (cups).

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Whiplash wrote: There is already an option inside of the game where you can allow joining only licensed players to the server. So, in case we get a lot of newcomers, that's a nice way to push them to buy the game. Official cups can be set only for licensed players in that case and that's the best solution. But, for now, we should care more about how to bring new players to download and play the game. Making restrictions at the beginning for them will not make it happen. So, Ande already thought about it while releasing the v2.0., but the game started suddenly dying after 1-2 years and admins never felt the need to use that option.
I dont see it as restrictions but enhancements! Like extra options as bonus/prize for purchasing a license! ;)
But is the least important things we are discussing here on this thread i guess!

A question is still to be answered. Did Ande already starting coding or for now we are only gathering ideas and possibilities?

Is the work being divided between the guys that know how to code or the task will remain mainly to Ande?

Some update on the actual situation would be great! :)

dede

Post by dede » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Yeah, Ande started coding and we got some easy features implemented already. So yeah, a new version will come this year. :P

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:14 pm

dede wrote:Yeah, Ande started coding and we got some easy features implemented already. So yeah, a new version will come this year. :P
ALLRIGHT!!!! :D Those are fantastic news!

Is it possible to know already which ones are made? Like some sort of checklist?? I bet everyone would love that!

Im getting excited with this...is it now that TS is gonna abduct me permanently from NSGP?? And then i start dominating TS as i do NSGP!!? :lol:

Any predictions on a release date? Yeah i know...i take it easy. Just to have more or less a time frame idea cause i dont have a clue if we are talking about many months (more then 6), a couple of months or some weeks...
Let us know if is not asking much...

And no...theres no pressure, only the satisfying of curiosity from all of us! ;)

EDIT: Ok, i have a "request"/suggestion. I´ve been reading the TS vs NSGP thread on NSGP forum and i realized something.
Theres quite some guys having MAC and i see theres no TS MAC version. Isnt possible to port TS to MAC? It would increase vastly the possibility of getting more players to play in general. I know at least on NSGP, 2 of them that would gladly join TS if that possibility existed! Is it possible?

One of them made it run on MAC but with quite some tricks. I quote him now:
LEMA (on NSGP Forum) wrote: http://www.cultofmac.com/185565/how-to- ... s-feature/

This allows me to run the game through X11, and im entering the game via terminal. It requires some time and patience to get things working(2 or 3 hours), but once you are done everything works great. Requires minimum knowledge of programing, everything is explained very good in tutorial.
Last edited by Afinfas on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 am

Afinfas wrote:ALLRIGHT!!!! :D Those are fantastic news!

Is it possible to know already which ones are made? Like some sort of checklist?? I bet everyone would love that!
I would like to share with you all the things I know (and I know pretty much the all stuff :P ), but I'm kinda thinking that it could make bad pressure to the developer. Even T made some sick things by hacking the sliders.exe. :twisted:
Last time we've been contacted by Ande 1 month ago (me at least) when he was preparing for some busyness trip. Who knows, maybe he's doing something in silence now. My feeling was that he's really fast coder, but he just can't find a room to show his speed. :wink:
That's why it's all going slowly and why we all should be patient about all the stuff. But, if I'm an optimist now, then you can be sure there are a good reasons for that. :wink:
Afinfas wrote:Any predictions on a release date? Yeah i know...i take it easy. Just to have more or less a time frame idea cause i dont have a clue if we are talking about many months (more then 6), a couple of months or some weeks...
Let us know if is not asking much...
I heard dede speaking to power79 that some kind of aiming deadline is before the summer. But I'm sure that dede didn't mean it too strictly as long as we don't know how Ande is finding free time for this. I'm somehow sure Ande will not be able to do it before the august, at least if he's planning to do it as a boss. The best is to stop speaking about any deadline - wait and cry. :wink:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am

Thanks Whiplash!! I appreciate that!! ;)

Obviously you are one of the most interested guys on the version..its important to have those kind of guys "pushing" or giving motivation to have stuff being done! Im kind of like that as well.

Now if i can add something more...

LEMA also mentioned something that NSGP has it much better the TS. I quote LEMA once more:
LEMA on [b]NSGP vs TS[/b] Thread @NSGP forum wrote:
-Bars with fuel and damage are barely visible - this bothered me the most, i was trying to see where am i or how much fuel do i have, and who is behind me or in front. And when i have to press 3 times the same button on my keyboard to see that, i usually end up in grass. NSGP has that stuff much better solved. So in-game notifications could be better and letters and numbers could be bigger. Bottom left corner have some useful information like difference between me and other players, i like that very much, its a shame that numbers arent little bit bigger for better visibility. One more thing, in NSGP in upper right corner there is a bar with record lap and your fastest time and last lap time. I really miss that in TS.
Yeah...we have that always visible on right upper corner and lets you have a clear view of your pace without getting distracted so much!
I also think that all stats on TS should have an option to fade away after pressing the button. If you know what i mean! :)

EDIT: Ok i leave a picture for you guys to have a clear notion of what i mean! :D

It would be great to have the possibility to set how the stats panels behave and which ones we want to have ON or showing up, fading out after.

Rendy Andrian
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Rendy Andrian » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:37 am

How about Time Standings? This could be useful if we are to do Rally-styled races.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 am

One more important thing.

Now, if u make terrain and tiles file by yourself u are always downloading it, when u don't have track, which use it.
ex. terrain, tiles and graphics in SL_Rally_Tiles has ~3MB. 1 stage is less than 100kB. When u want to participate in rally and u didn't download stages before (even if u have already downloaded SL_Rally_Tiles) u are downloading 3MB SL_Rally_Tiles before every stage.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Afinfas wrote:bla bla...last post
Yeah, I agree there. I think that TAB button in TS is too busy already and should be replaced by a new options in "Statistics" menu option where we could turn on/off whatever we want.

I already made suggestions about the new lap infos long time ago:
-Sugestion about lap informations that is painted and explained here (Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009)

Also, I painted a gap infos here (Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011). I would prefer it without fading. ;)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Whiplash wrote: I already made suggestions about the new lap infos long time ago:
-Sugestion about lap informations that is painted and explained here (Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009)

Also, I painted a gap infos here (Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011). I would prefer it without fading. ;)
Oh yeah...its too many posts to keep track of everything, but i saw what you mean. It would be good enough for me! ;)

I just remembered one more thing which would be very important for offline play or with AIplayers. Com players should have the notion that theres another car close to them. I mean, now they simply ignore that there is another car occupying the space they normally use to make a turn or what ever and they simply hit you without regard (Martin stytle :lol: ).

WOW,,, theres this thread (with only 5 pages til now) and the Turbo sliders feature requests with 24 pages!!! Simply impossible to read everything! I hope someone has read everything and "exported" to this thread the best suggestions! Probably Dede has made it! :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Afinfas wrote:I just remembered one more thing which would be very important for offline play or with AIplayers. Com players should have the notion that theres another car close to them. I mean, now they simply ignore that there is another car occupying the space they normally use to make a turn or what ever and they simply hit you without regard (Martin stytle :lol: ).
I was thinking about that too. I'm sure I'll not forget to mention this to Ande in the future. He is actually an AI coder of the Allan Wake. So, making TS AI cars more smarter should be piece of shit for him.
Afinfas wrote:WOW,,, theres this thread (with only 5 pages til now) and the Turbo sliders feature requests with 24 pages!!! Simply impossible to read everything! I hope someone has read everything and "exported" to this thread the best suggestions! Probably Dede has made it! :)
I just don't want to bomb him with so many things at the same time, cause he's fallowing dede's list from the first post (at least I felt it like that while seeing what he already finished). But, yeah, he will include all other good suggestions for sure. I 'll make it sure that Ande will consider them at least in the future too. I have all these "small" non-dede's favorite suggestions on my own list. One of them is already implemented in the new version and it rox. For all others I 'll wait until Ande finish the ones he put on his own "to do" list. Anything you suggest here will be considered, especially if you get support from other people too. :wink:

power79

Post by power79 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:18 am

I really appreciate that Ande is still working this game after so long time and with his busy real life and all, but I don't understand where all this secrecy comes from?

Why can't he drop by to forum every now and then and write few update notes? No one is that busy. Now it feels like Dede and Whiplash are keeping him prisoner somewhere and all we get are these vague infos from them: "Yes, hes coding" "New stuff is being implemented", "Its coming this year".

Why all this mystery?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 am

power79 wrote:I really appreciate that Ande is still working this game after so long time and with his busy real life and all, but I don't understand where all this secrecy comes from?

Why can't he drop by to forum every now and then and write few update notes? No one is that busy. Now it feels like Dede and Whiplash are keeping him prisoner somewhere and all we get are these vague infos from them: "Yes, hes coding" "New stuff is being implemented", "Its coming this year".

Why all this mystery?
Its not about Mystery. I think its not to cause pressure of any kind cause no one HAS to do this. Like this doesnt create expectations on the users of any kind.
In some way i see it as positive cause it keeps the thrill! :lol: Like: "What did he already made!? Is it going to be nice!?" This kind of stuff.
But yeah...i undertsand your side as well. Its nice to know what´s being done on "our" favorite game, or one of them!

Patience is what we need i guess....

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

I think the main reason for "mystery" is that all those stuff have to be tested. He can't say that something is finished before we're sure there is no any bug/glitch or simple coding miss.
I'm not even sure I'm getting all the infos either cause, like I said, last time I saw his mail was one month ago. It's the same case with dede I think.
Btw, I don't know how all this was going with previous versions. It was probably the same.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok...after watching this weekends races replay where i got a 4th place i remembered about a point i wanted to say here that really, really goes on my nerves and can so easily be fixed on upcoming version i think! :D

When watching replay pressing UP changes player but not to the one directly in front of you. I mean it never does in order. It seems to have its own order.

Would be so hard to change it so that when you press up and you are currently following position 5th (for example) that it changes to the one on front, also 4th!!
Would make things so much more relaxed watching replays...cause now i always loose about 10s looking for the car i want to follow! :(

Sorry if this was mentioned already before...i really cant track the things anymore but at least its not on Dede´s list on first post! Onlye about jumping back on replay 10s!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am

Afinfas wrote:Ok...after watching this weekends races replay where i got a 4th place i remembered about a point i wanted to say here that really, really goes on my nerves and can so easily be fixed on upcoming version i think! :D

When watching replay pressing UP changes player but not to the one directly in front of you. I mean it never does in order. It seems to have its own order.

Would be so hard to change it so that when you press up and you are currently following position 5th (for example) that it changes to the one on front, also 4th!!
Would make things so much more relaxed watching replays...cause now i always loose about 10s looking for the car i want to follow! :(

Sorry if this was mentioned already before...i really cant track the things anymore but at least its not on Dede´s list on first post! Onlye about jumping back on replay 10s!
Oh yeah, I agree there. If we get more players on the track in the new version - that problem would be even bigger. I just don't know if it's possible to fix. It would be kinda weird if Ande didn't already think about it at the beginning. I hope it's possible to fix.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 am

Whiplash wrote: Oh yeah, I agree there. If we get more players on the track in the new version - that problem would be even bigger. I just don't know if it's possible to fix. It would be kinda weird if Ande didn't already think about it at the beginning. I hope it's possible to fix.
Well sometimes things slip away and you dont even realize it! :) Maybe he never saw it or when he did it would take a big reformulation to change it!

But maybe now he can find a solution for it! I cant seem to see why it would be so hard to make it but hey...im no coder at all! :D
Maybe for this you would need real current standings working cause if not, then it will change to the car that on end of previous car it was in front of the one you were following...
Too confusing?? :oops: Hope not...

Yeah...that point would be something to fix it for me. Really!!! Should update position right away as soon as you make a takeover or as soon as you are passed by other car!!!

EDIT: Would manual gears be a possibility??? :D Or am i already hallucinating?? :lol: :lol:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 am

Check this out guys: http://www.magicstudio.eu/en/racinggp.html

Its only for Xbox Live but...this is quite what i idealized for a simple single player campaign mode (Or even 2 player mode LAN/Internet) for TS. At least a way of making several seasons against COM players being able to set the different AI Difficulties so it doesnt get boring!

Assigning different values (like 5 starts system or so) to different teams would make things interesting. Depending on your performance in the end of the season you would have the chance to change for a better team and fight for higher results and so on....

Is that so Hard to make???? Please check the photos of it ( see photo 36/49 to see the penalty system for cutting, great idea disabling car or make it slower for an amount of seconds) and maybe some videos (gameplay is $&# dont worry). Look the rain effect!!!! For me its near perfect!!!!! :D HERE THE RAIN EFFECT-------> HERE Its a BEFORE and AFTER video so check it carefully! :P

Sorry for one more post but...im kind of excited for this new version being developed cause i pursuit the perfect 2D Top Down Racing since a long long time believe me!!! And i feel that this game can be the one!!! :shock: Missing that single player mode for sure....and different tires (SOFT, HARD, WET), dynamic weather,........

I have to go sleep now..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Will try to refrain myself from posting here...and simply forget it until something comes out!!! Putting too many expectations i guess.... :evil:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

lol first screenshot i watch is..
http://www.magicstudio.eu/images/screen ... p2/018.jpg
and im like..wtf, i drove this track so often in brasilian servers or so yet..:D..is someone selling a ts mod or what? ;)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Mike Nike wrote:lol first screenshot i watch is..
http://www.magicstudio.eu/images/screen ... p2/018.jpg
and im like..wtf, i drove this track so often in brasilian servers or so yet..:D..is someone selling a ts mod or what? ;)
Nope...this an independent game for Xbox Live but the tracks were take from MRO (mini racing online) with permission. If you see on page above PARTNERS it mentions MRO! :D

So you recognize the tracks for sure...maybe some cars as well as they were "taken" from a NSGP MOD....some of them. Now i believe they dont use them anymore!

But i mentioned this game cause it has loads of features that i would love to see on TS. The campaign mode for example and many other details....thats why i said to check the images cause you can see them there...the many options.......

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106609

Seems it's a future of racing: drs and kers. So we need it in TS 2.1!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Wokinger wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106609

Seems it's a future of racing: drs and kers. So we need it in TS 2.1!
For sure it would bring more takeovers then what we have now! And that simply sounds like...FUN! :D

Bring it on! Im with it! ;)

power79

Post by power79 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 am

I thought of couple small things that should be quite easy to implement. So Ande, if you feel bored and just can't think anything to do :wink:

- Staggered starts(with automatic timing) and AI-drivers for rally tracks.
- Possibility to see who are playing at server without joining (server list/lobby view)
- Another raceidle variable for autoserver that kicks car out of race if not moving in X seconds (disconnected, downloading etc.).
- Maybe possibility to set different fuel and damage settings for individual cars?
- Possibility to set limits to car properties for races. So cars could be build to be different but somehow balanced so theres no clear advantage to other cars?

And please release beta-version first. We can do the testing for you.