Punaball World Cup 2013 - Sardinia TS Holidays

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Punaball World Cup 2013 - Sardinia TS Holidays

Post by dede » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am

Even though it's an impossible idea, let's try this out..

I just ran out of friends as they all abandoned me after they discovered I still play TS. I'm alone, no mates for summer holidays. So here came the idea:

the Punaball World Cup 2013 will be played LIVE and on LAN from a holiday location, possibly the heaven of Sardinia

Let's see who can participate, please post availability as follows:

Availability: July, August, September
Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
Max Budget: 1000€
Favourite Location: Sardinia (Italy), Lisbon (Portugal)

It could be a cool way to meet eachothers and visit new places, maybe learn some English..

Fama
Community User Level: 2

Post by Fama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Im totes in! To say that this idea came out during a conversation I had with dede about portugal and italy travel and living style.

Hell yeh, I prefer to talk in english rather than write... It will be a great oportunity to meet some great guys of this community... Im not sure if i will play the world cup since im more adept of the beach, i will be the observer. "Now ladies and gentleman an ex legend of pb will be the judge of world cup- fama!!!!

Who?

If players are out of money, portugal is cheaper and has same paradise landscape!!!! Though I have never been In sardinia...
Seems awesome :-)

Mike Nike

Re: Punaball World Cup 2013 - Sardinia TS Holidays

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

first my eyes moved to the date, thinking about an april joke ehehe..
anyway at least gonna respond, so: i personally prefer to meet for karting events. yo afinfas :P any favourite kart tracks in berlin? :P
though some real beach soccer and lil diving or so could be nice.
beefing each others in a fullcontactmarathon on lan could be funny too lol, see the reactions instantly on their faces when beefing^^

Availability: July (maybe in vegas), August (not around 10.8.), September
Duration: 1 or 2 weeks sounds fine
Max Budget: 1000€ sounds fine as well
Favourite Location: Sardinia (Italy), Lisbon (Portugal)..between these 2 id prefer sardinia

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

i don't even play puna! :lol:
just wanted to say that Sardinia is truly heaven, was there 2 years ago! also the Ichnusa is drinkable! :wink: I was in the north of the island and there was not really much going on, don't know how it's in the south but it was not meant to be a party vacation! also it's sure not the cheapest solution!

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Sardinia and Lisbon? In the Summer? On my budget (250-500€)? Some of us live in a northern ex soviet state you know and earn less than average wage and avoid going outside when it is over 25C!

So I am out - unless this thing is happening in Finland or Sweden.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 pm

September perfect :p. End of august I should graduate prob.

Anyways is this idea for real I checked data if it was not april 1st :p.

And what would happen? All rent 1 big villa?

dede

Post by dede » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, it was just an idea. Real life meeting, location and date to be decided. Basing on availability and budget.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Crazy guys!!!! :lol:

Well...if you dont want to spend much money you should go to Portugal. Algarve would be the place to have beach and water like soup!!! :lol:
Or Alentejo...beautifull coast!
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Fama

Post by Fama » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Afinfas wrote:Crazy guys!!!! :lol:

Well...if you dont want to spend much money you should go to Portugal. Algarve would be the place to have beach and water like soup!!! :lol:

You mean Costa Vicentina to be more precise?:p Odeceixe, Vila Nova de Milfontes, etc...amazing places!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Famagusta$ wrote:
Afinfas wrote:Crazy guys!!!! :lol:

You mean Costa Vicentina to be more precise?:p Odeceixe, Vila Nova de Milfontes, etc...amazing places!
:D
Ofcourse...you know them?? Its beautifull.... miss that!

Im in Berlin with Winter since October. You believe theres is still snow on the streets in APRIL!!!!!???

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:53 pm

xzeal wrote:Sardinia and Lisbon? In the Summer? On my budget (250-500€)? Some of us live in a northern ex soviet state you know and earn less than average wage and avoid going outside when it is over 25C!

So I am out - unless this thing is happening in Finland or Sweden.
Same here. :P As a student I don't have much money to spend on traveling. Awesome idea but I'm not likely to participate unless this happens in Finland/Sweden/Estonia.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Jan wrote:Awesome idea but I'm not likely to participate unless this happens in Finland/Sweden/Estonia.
Sorry but, isn't Finnishland very expensive?

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:11 pm

dede wrote:Sorry but, isn't Finnishland very expensive?
It is. :/ Estonia would be nice and cheap and it would be easy and cheap for us Finns to go there. Of course if most of the participants are from the Southern Europe it's the best solution to arrange it in Italy or Portugal. If many Finns are interested, then somewhere in the north would probably be better. ;)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Jan wrote:
dede wrote:Sorry but, isn't Finnishland very expensive?
It is. :/ Estonia would be nice and cheap and it would be easy and cheap for us Finns to go there. Of course if most of the participants are from the Southern Europe it's the best solution to arrange it in Italy or Portugal. If many Finns are interested, then somewhere in the north would probably be better. ;)
Finland i simply associate it to COLD!!! :) And i just want a hot summer after this horrible winter that is still around here....

dede

Post by dede » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Estonia could be a good place where to meet then :P

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm

The only thing I 'll miss about this meeting is to see dede in live using one whole hand just to steer left. :twisted: :P

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

dede wrote:Estonia could be a good place where to meet then :P
I avoided Estonia in my list for a reason - it would mean I would have to do... stuff. :)

Gpro meeting all over again :) (aka me trying to weasel out of organizing and end up with drunk videos of me on the internet).

Home turf advantage would be pretty sweet. I am assuming we are talking about Tallinn here (the other option being Tartu as I believe Etmil is from there)?

Anyway some added data about Estonia while you guys weigh your options.

Everybody speaks English (more or less).
Septmeber can get cold and rainy can get 20C+ can drop below 10 C at the end of September, sometimes it snows in October.
July and August are usually a decent 20-25C, but some 15C/30C days creep in occasionally, . (18 hours of daylight in July).
So yeah, I dont see you guys wanting to go to the beach or anything over here unless you are used to 18-20C water tempreature.

Price of beer in a pub is around 3€ ish (around old town at least), beer in the store would be around 2€ per liter (for good beer) and 1€ per liter (for lets get drunk beer).

Tallinn would be an odd place to pick though since I don't think any other punaball players live in Tallinn. Quite a lot of pressure on me to keep you guys entertained as well. Also a week long trip from southern Europe to here could get expensive.

Location where to meet up and have a lan party? I got an apartment I use in Norther Tallinn. which would do I suppose (about 20 minutes by bus from center of town).

Stuff to do? Well there are a few Karting options near the city. Bowling I guess, some sort of sightseeing. (lan party obviously) I dont know what you guys would be expecting here to be honest. Clubbing? Not the go-to guy on that front I am afraid.

Would be nice to see some of those names I have played against for over 9 years. Doubtful we would get enough people together for this to be "World cup" :).

At our current organizational level this is not happening. If we cant be sure we got 4 people (well 5 since generally 20% bail on the last minute for one reason or another). We would need to set a date so you could take your vacation. We cant really pick a date without a location, we should pick a location based on how many people would show up. Emplyers kind of expect you to let them know when you are taking a vacation a couple of months in advance.

so those are basically my jumbled thoughts on the matter.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 pm

hmm, a hangover at xzeal place, sounds fun.
turbosliders "home place" feels like finland though. some xb on ice could be funny there. or icy pb. rofl xb on a frozen sea, 10 ts guys within 4x4meters trying to push each other off the nondeadterrain :P