Will the word "default" be mentioned here again?

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mouse
Community User Level: 5

Will the word "default" be mentioned here again?

Post by Mouse » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 am

So, perhaps I will sound like an old man here, speaking about "the good ol' days" of Turbo Sliders from 2005 (when I began playing). Am I the only one who misses racing on default tracks with default cars?

It seems like these days I never see any mention of them. Mind you, I'm not an active player anymore (though I have always read the forum). The only time I've seen competition with a default car is in the full-contact server, and even that is a modified Antislider.

So, my simple question is:
Is there ever going to be another organized league/cup with default cars? (custom tracks fine.. with default tiles).

In any case, I'm always happy to see the community still going. There's no other game for me where I can play with the same guys today as I did EIGHT years ago! :D

I'm in no way bashing the modern cups; they're fantastic! I would just simply love to see people driving Easysliders again. :wink:

dede

Re: Will the word "default" be mentioned here agai

Post by dede » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:26 am

Mouse wrote: Is there ever going to be another organized league/cup with default cars? (custom tracks fine.. with default tiles).
Depends if players are interested or not. I wouldn't mind organizing, for example, a Slider cup or any other default cars tournament.

Anyway, I played yesterday Forestry w/ EasySlider - great fun :D
Wanking laprecords could be a lot of fun.. Just to see what's our speed after so many years - I believe we would be breaking few records if we tried now :)

Wanking competition, uhuh? :D

Whiplash

Re: Will the word "default" be mentioned here agai

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:13 am

dede wrote:Wanking competition, uhuh? :D
WanKing is my middle name. 8) :twisted:
I agree with Mouse totally. As long as we force custom cars - this game has no future. I also think that single cups for default cars will not help either. TS needs some "always going on" default cars wanking competition that will keep importance of those cars in focus permanently.
But all TS's programmers seems to be too busy these days.
Last edited by Whiplash on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:39 pm

well..as long as i play, i can say, that i will play old tracks with old cars here and there. though that includes also ts 0.86 tracks.
i still like the format of irt and the hotlapcup where you drive 5 races, random chosen default car, each driven exactly one time.

haha funny though when driving 2 laps speeder on a track yesterday, i could hardly believe it is the speeder due to its weird behaviour in curves and lil bit fast acceleration.

Jan
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

I practically stopped playing anything else than punaball when default car servers died. F1 and other non-sliding things are so boring. So yes, I miss the default cars more than anything in TS.

Augusto
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Augusto » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

when i have time, i play a few races alone y terra servers with default cars... those are the only server with defaults cars... i know that most o you (in europe) hava a lot of lag in that servers... bur for me they are the best :)

if there is a new cup with default cars, ill do all i can to participate :D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to race default stuff again!

Maybe there can be some single weekend cups. Personally, I miss simple Anticups. My first memory of an organized cup is the old 1-lap KO cups with Easyslider. Also, 23 track cup (few laps each) with random car selection.

Good memories, I hope we can do more again someday soon. :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 pm

dede, what's the chance for this:
-I edit the default track pack in order to disable cheating and prepare macro with all the settings.
-You replace useless "F1 League Practice Server" with the "Hot Lap Server" for the default cars + default tracks.

T created already wanking script few months ago - just find and run it.
After you do that, we 'll have a place to practice online and making the horny crowd for the weekend cups.
It's 5 mins of your free time.
:?:

dede

Post by dede » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:41 am

Disabling crash cheats would be nice! Do you know them all?
Anyway you can do everything by your own, can't you? That makes it 0mins of my precious time, which is waaaaaaaayyy better!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 am

dede wrote:Disabling crash cheats would be nice! Do you know them all?
Anyway you can do everything by your own, can't you? That makes it 0mins of my precious time, which is waaaaaaaayyy better!!
Damn bastard! :) Yes, I know where all cheats potentially are. But no, I can't do it all by my own, especially the things about that part where wanking script needs to be launched.
I have only FTP access.
Btw, I decided to put on the forum one another question. You 'll see it in topic of new version.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:53 pm

do you mean with crash cheats something like fewdell speeder wallbounce break? or clockwise speeder bridge bounce...
if yes, then tracks where you gain time with tough to master slidebraking with antislider would feel cheaty too -.-
imo nothing to change about. except that ppl should have an better eye in trackmaking in the future if they dont want to create bouncing/cutting driving lines.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Mike Nike wrote:do you mean with crash cheats something like fewdell speeder wallbounce break? or clockwise speeder bridge bounce...
if yes, then tracks where you gain time with tough to master slidebraking with antislider would feel cheaty too -.-
imo nothing to change about. except that ppl should have an better eye in trackmaking in the future if they dont want to create bouncing/cutting driving lines.
Well, in a real world we consider you would not benefit from hitting the wall in full speed. :P If there is damage enabled, your laptime would be fucked up always.
Also, the problem wouldn't be that big if the hitting of the obstacles isn't done by a huge luck factor included. Sure, there is some skill too, but it's not the crucial thing I would say. :)
That's why you can't compare it with AntiSlider sliding. I can repeat that move 9 times of 10 tries.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:05 am

...damn wankers. :P

Let's just race like it's 2005. We had fun back then and still can without having to make any modifications. :wink:

I'd open up my own server every now and then, but being across an ocean creates to much lag for anyone outside of the US (everyone).

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am

Mouse wrote:...damn wankers. :P

Let's just race like it's 2005. We had fun back then and still can without having to make any modifications. :wink:
People don't like proper racing anymore. ;_; I still think the best addition to the new version would be the total removal of laptimes. :D

dede

Post by dede » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:56 am

My activity in last 2 years was:

5% wanking
30% racing
65% punaball

olio
Community User Level: 2

Post by olio » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Mousie, nope, you are not alone. I've never been a fan of non-sliding cars, so even on default cars the car I dislike is Anti. So as nowadays there is no default cars and only non-sliding cars, it has turn my activity in last 2 years like this:

0% TS
100% other stuff

dede

Post by dede » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:50 pm

olio wrote: 0% TS
100% other stuff
Since you could still play PB with major morons from Plus Team and you didn't, I say that you are:
0% man
100% beef

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 am

Mouse wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to race default stuff again!

Maybe there can be some single weekend cups. Personally, I miss simple Anticups. My first memory of an organized cup is the old 1-lap KO cups with Easyslider. Also, 23 track cup (few laps each) with random car selection.

Good memories, I hope we can do more again someday soon. :)
And don't forget the Trooper Speedway courses; they were the longest skill-demanding races. I don't race, but I remember that I had those tracks, and they still are in my PC. I remember a trackmaking competition here too, and I competed my track "Night Beach Party", which, sadly, I thought all the racers have Nightmod but no. (Default car races + Nightmodded track = Fail?)

Don't worry, I was making a default track back then (started months ago) and I still need to finish it. Meanwhile, I had some default tracks from my first time I played this until my year of burning passion for TS (2009). All of them are now available on Full Contact server(s) prior to Whiplash's discovering :).
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER