It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:29 pm

F1 Fairplay Server

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Re: F1 Fairplay Server

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 11:08 am

You guys are right, this experiment did not work at all.

I just replaced the prototype with a final version that is quite close to the old models in terms of handling, but still without the cartoonish feel to it. Let's see how it goes now.

(whoa, I just tested the F1-beta2c to see what it was like, and it's the worst EVAR™ — like, literally worse than Hitler)

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 12:18 pm

A slight draft is a nice addition. Im sometimes there but its usually empty indeed.

Whiplash

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Why would anyone play F1 now when there is the Wanking server? :twisted:

Oompa

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Because the speed of the antislider is laughable at best.

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

PostFri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 pm

I thought the new F1 car, whatever its name was.. and I drove it a while ago (3-4 weeks maybe).. anyway, it was almost ok, but for me it didn't exactly turn much when I wanted to and I agree with Tinky that it's just a bit too straightforward maybe. On a plus side, I think the 360 rotations made it easier to drive on a laptop keyboard. But I've only tested a little and as of right now, very busy so I don't really know when I'll be playing actively again.

GR8Arjen

PostSat Jan 10, 2015 1:56 pm

The car Tijny introduced at the 4th of Jan (F1 prime) is a very good improvement. Almost all the flaws I believe the previous two had are solved with this one. Already had some epic fights with it, which were impossible to have with the other two. If it could react a bit faster on the straights so you can pop out someones slipstream a bit quicker to make your move then I would be 100% happy, but I guess that would chance the entire cornering characteristics of the car so perhaps improving that is not possible.

So yeah, overall very content. 8)

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 1:34 am

I've done a few cosmetic changes on the car just to make it look more like a F1 car instead of a locomotive. :oops: I hope nobody will hate me because of this pure ecological move.
I'll see, also, if I can do something about preventing that pit wall kamikazing.

GR8Arjen

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 3:52 am

- Starts up game
- Goes to F1 server, reads name of new car in a hurry, thinks I have misread...
- Downloads new car, so I didn't misread
- Starts driving car,
- Finds out the car hardly smokes anymore at braking.
- Instantly knows Whip changed car!
- Quits game after a couple of races not enjoying the low amount of cycles and car handling
- Opens window and screams: "WHY!"
- Opens Firefox
- Goes to http://www.turbosliders.com/forum
- Opens F1 Fairplay Server topic
- Kicks Whiplash under its butt!
- Goes to bed!

Tijny

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 10:09 am

Don't worry, he will not be doing anything like that again.

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 4:07 pm

If this is Arjen vs me, then I vote for me - cause I'm playing there more often than him.
But, don't worry, you'll not see me online anymore.

Tijny

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Whiplash wrote:If this is Arjen vs me, then I vote for me - cause I'm playing there more often than him.

Completely irrelevant. It is just NOT your call to make to put a new car there.

GR8Arjen

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Whiplash, you know I appreciate all your time and efforts you put into this game, but that does not mean I have to agree with all your decisions.

The other night you kept complaining about the car, and especially about the smoke during braking.
Non of the players that were there at the time backed your complaints and are happy with the car how it is.
(There might be players that agree with you, but then discuss it on this forum... I asked almost every player I played with to post there feedback regarding the car here so we can get as many people happy as possible. )

Then last night I see the new car, drove it together with Reirom and we both came to the same conclusion (literally seconds apart, so we were both typing the same thing) that it must have been you that changed the car because the smoke was (pretty much) gone and you were complaining about it the day before.

If that would have been the only thing you would have changed, then I could have understand that, but you basically changed the entire car. I don't really understand what made you do this because... First you hated the F1-premium because it felt too cartoonish, then you made the new F1-ng cars, which had more cycles and were very hard to drive. Then Tijny makes hybrid cars, and on his 3th attempt he basically nailed it, and got a very nice car many people seems to enjoy. Then you start complaining about the smoke, calling T's car a locomotive here on the forum the night after, (While it turns 10 times better then the F1-ng) and you design a new car that feels very arcady/cartoonish... I wouldn't call that "a few cosmetic changes"

I mean... Why did you changed the car to something you always said you hated so much?
I am puzzled, so please enlighten me, because I honestly don't know what you want anymore...

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Tijny wrote:Completely irrelevant. It is just NOT your call to make to put a new car there.

Well, so far I've made tons of server changes (files replacing etc.), and that's what FTP access is about, I guess.

GR8Arjen wrote:...drove it together with Reirom and we both came to the same conclusion...

REIROM as an argument. O.K., I can't fight against that.

GR8Arjen wrote:If that would have been the only thing you would have changed, then I could have understand that, but you basically changed the entire car.

You're obviously hallucinating. I changed nothing but the smoke effect.

GR8Arjen wrote:I mean... Why did you changed the car to something you always said you hated so much?
I am puzzled, so please enlighten me, because I honestly don't know what you want anymore...

After so much T's effort to create a car that will behave more "natural" (in terms of F1 racing) and seeing all your complains about it - I realized that obviously there is no space for improvements about the current car/tracks combo (even I found few early car versions already cooler). That's why I stopped giving suggestions about it I let T to make anything that will satisfy you finally. And after he did it, I couldn't find reasons why he didn't keep those new parameters that are making the car to be more like a F1. They would still not affect the car handling and at least the car will feel a little better than it is for all these 10 years. And now I'm asking my self: "Why the f*** we even struggled so much to get a new version if we're still in love with all of its old defects?"
And that's finally the reason why I did it. If new version gives us some new improvements, we should then implement as many of them as we can. Car handling, obviously, still can't be improved - and that's just because of these short tracks. But other things can - like car spinning while being stationary, stupid F1 car smoking, non-inverted controls when going reverse etc. There is no reason why not to implement all of that.
You can say: "Me and REIROM am use to it" - but f*** that argument.

GR8Arjen

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Whiplash wrote: REIROM as an argument. O.K., I can't fight against that.

My point was that we both came to the same conclusion (at the same time), that it must have been you that changed the car. Nothing more, nothing less... That it was Reirom is irrelevant, the argument is that different players know it must have been you, because you were the only one complaining about it.

Whiplash wrote:You're obviously hallucinating. I changed nothing but the smoke effect.

First of all, I am not hallucinating, thank you! Changing the nr cycles changes the handling of the car immensely!
Secondly, the fuel usage seems to be changed as well.. (Or maybe I just can't drive the same laptimes anymore due to the changed handling, which explains higher fuel usage.)

Whiplash wrote:After so much T's effort to create a car that will behave more "natural" (in terms of F1 racing) and seeing all your complains about it - I realized that obviously there is no space for improvements about the current car/tracks combo (even I found few early car versions already cooler).

Seeing all my complaints? I had some yes, but I was not alone, and even T agreed the previous versions were not a success. We shared feedback on a respectful way and tweaked the car until the majority of the (regular F1) players enjoyed driving it and agreed it was a improvement. As I said before, I asked the majority of the people to give there opinion about the car here on the forum, so everybody could be happy. I didn't see any reactions here, so I guess everybody is fine with it.

Whiplash wrote:That's why I stopped giving suggestions about it I let T to make anything that will satisfy you finally
This isn't about me Whiplash, neither it is about u.
I have periods I drive hours in the F1 fairplay server day after day with players like Matic, Hevonen, Jurgen, Laf, Lemon, and many others and we share feedback about the car. That I am the person that is communicating this feedback to Tijny doesn't mean it is only my opinion. Not at all! I don't have to like it, the majority of the people have to like it, that's the only thing what counts for me.

Whiplash wrote:I couldn't find reasons why he didn't keep those new parameters that are making the car to be more like a F1. They would still not affect the car handling and at least the car will feel a little better than it is for all these 10 years. And now I'm asking my self: "Why the f*** we even struggled so much to get a new version if we're still in love with all of its old defects?"And that's finally the reason why I did it. If new version gives us some new improvements, we should then implement as many of them as we can. Car handling, obviously, still can't be improved - and that's just because of these short tracks. But other things can - like car spinning while being stationary, stupid F1 car smoking, non-inverted controls when going reverse etc. There is no reason why not to implement all of that.

Throughout your replies I read a lot of "I", and a hell of lot less of "us" from you Whiplash. As I said above this isn't about u, or me. This car (the F1 Prime) is (till this point) the one that the majority enjoys driving the most.
I agree with you that non-inverted controls when driving backwards could be changed to add realism, but if realism is the reason to change it, then why are you complaining about "stupid smoke" which is realistic, because the smoke only comes after a while of braking, emulating "locked up wheels" And regarding "car spinning while being stationary"... I don't know if I get you correct here, so I have to ask you if you want that or not? Because as it is now, it is implemented in the correct "realistic" way, since stationary cars can't turn.

But to make a long story short. I believe you changed that the car because YOU didn't liked it, and sorry but I think that is indeed uncalled for and I think you should have shared your feedback here first so we could have all discussed it.

Whiplash wrote:You can say: "Me and REIROM am use to it" - but f*** that argument.

See above.

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 8:58 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:I asked the majority of the people to give there opinion about the car here on the forum, so everybody could be happy. I didn't see any reactions here, so I guess everybody is fine with it.

And why didn't you follow the same logic again instead of writing this shit:
GR8Arjen wrote:- Starts up game
- Goes to F1 server, reads name of new car in a hurry, thinks I have misread...
- Downloads new car, so I didn't misread
- Starts driving car,
- Finds out the car hardly smokes anymore at braking.
- Instantly knows Whip changed car!
- Quits game after a couple of races not enjoying the low amount of cycles and car handling
- Opens window and screams: "WHY!"
- Opens Firefox
- Goes to http://www.turbosliders.com/forum
- Opens F1 Fairplay Server topic
- Kicks Whiplash under its butt!
- Goes to bed!

GR8Arjen wrote:Throughout your replies I read a lot of "I", and a hell of lot less of "us" from you Whiplash.

Please, just stop. I'm not seeing anyone mentioning any problem about the change except you. You didn't even let people to play with the car and you were already here crying. Btw, I see no difference betweeen my "I" and your "us" (meaning me and REIROM). :P

P.S.
And again, I changed nothing but the smoke effect. You were just hallucinating about other changes knowing that I must have done it. And let's stop discussion.

Tijny

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:Please, just stop. I'm not seeing anyone mentioning any problem about the change except you. You didn't even let people to play with the car and you were already here crying. Btw, I see no difference betweeen my "I" and your "us" (meaning me and REIROM). :P

No, YOU stop. I saw that you polled people's opinions on the server about this a few times, and literally NOBODY agreed with you and some disagreed. Then you went ahead and changed the shit anyway, even enabling the ridiculous inverted steering property.

Just because these properties are in the new version, does not mean that they are improvements or that we should use them. They were a mistake, and nobody besides you actually wanted them anyway.

Matic

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

why im banned full contact server

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 12:51 am

why im banned full contact server 08082015
i have all videos all night and i did nothing wrong .i watch all videos
can u find out what happen ?
i wanna know reasons

Whiplash

Re: why im banned full contact server

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 7:21 am

Matic wrote:why im banned full contact server 08082015
i have all videos all night and i did nothing wrong .i watch all videos
can u find out what happen ?
i wanna know reasons

Do you know who banned you? And what time was it?

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Where has????

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Where has the F1 server gone quickly someone find it or else we will lose a ton of players.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

GR8Arjen

Re: Where has????

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Yeah, just found out about it as well... Is T updating it?

Tijny

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Yep, it's down. I was paying a substantial amount of money for the hosting and I decided I wasn't willing to do that anymore. Still, this comes as a bit of a surprise to me too because I did not expect them to take it down so soon.

But since F1 seems to be in demand these days, I will see if we can arrange a replacement on the LVP server.

GR8Arjen

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Oh, that sucks, although ofc very understandable!

I don't think it is fair you have to pay everything for maintaining servers we all use and enjoy...
How much are the fees to keep the server up? Would love to help out and I expect more people are more then happy to do the same! :)

Maybe a (clearly visible) donate button on the website linked to a Paypal account that is used (and used only) for paying server maintenance could be an answer. The game is already free, so if the active players all donate there pocket change once in a while then that should help quite a lot. (And yes I know there is already a donate button for licenses, but that has a different purpose)

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 6:20 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Oh, that sucks, although ofc very understandable!

I don't think it is fair you have to pay everything for maintaining servers we all use and enjoy...
How much are the fees to keep the server up? Would love to help out and I expect more people are more then happy to do the same! :)

Maybe a (clearly visible) donate button on the website linked to a Paypal account that is used (and used only) for paying server maintenance could be an answer. The game is already free, so if the active players all donate there pocket change once in a while then that should help quite a lot. (And yes I know there is already a donate button for licenses, but that has a different purpose)

i second this i wouldnt mind chipping into a funding either give me a bankaccount,
what are the costs somewhat?

also thanks T for willing to change 1 of the PB servers for F1!

PS. we miss you at pb where have you been at :) or have i just not run into you for a long time :p
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

I appreciate your offers, but my subscription has already been cancelled and there's no way to bring the server back as it was. I also don't intend to order a new one even I don't have to pay anything. The LVP server will do fine, and the load is not going to be a problem because the servers are never full at the same time anyway.
So on that note, I created a new F1 server with the same settings as the one we had before. I hope everything works properly, but there could be missing features, and if so, let me know here. Downloading the track pack is broken right now, and I will think of a way to fix that. IRC echo is not available yet either.
I also cleaned up the track pack a bit, because there were many duplicates. Short grids, long grids, and all that mumbo-jumbo. This is a list of the current tracks, if there are any requests for tracks to be added, they are welcome.

Hevonen

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks mate!
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion