TS on a 100" projector = AMAZING :)

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

aussieTSfan

TS on a 100" projector = AMAZING :)

Post by aussieTSfan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey there,
As promised (although not great quality as the video was taken in the dark because projectors perform best this way) I used my phone to video some TS on my 100" projector - links below. Didn't bother uploading on youtube.
Just a bit of info first: after doing a bit of research, I got the best projector for HD gaming under a grand (it was $919 Australian brand new).. called the benq w1070. Its fantastic for the price. Full HD, HDMI inputs etc, great for gaming as it has low input lag. Use it for PC mostly aswell as my retro consoles and my ps4. Works brilliantly on all formats. I also bought a decent quality motorised 100" screen for just over $1000 Aust...which for my smallish 2.6meter room length is perfect. The projector can make the screen up to 102" in size, and as small as about 80" from that distance (2.6 meters). I fill up the 100" screen. Some say its too close sitting only 2.5ish meters away from a 100" screen, but no.. its gold.. perfect for this game. Its good to play with min zoom, but my preference is about 0.8.. I think its how I was playing it when I filmed it. Also, ive noticed that the game plays better with "no" prediction cam.. just looks smoother that way. This is the new verison of TS, using the EXO.. including some bad AI created by me :) as well as using my fav car from previous version, ie. ford fiesta rally car. Much more arcade :) Here is hoping someone can make some nice bigger style rally cars like this for the new version.. or more cars like the EXO...

About the vids, I noticed a bit of micro stuttering in the videos I made, but I can assure you there isn't any when I play.. its very smooth :) Cant remember which one, but one video shows me in front of the screen so you can get a reference of how big the screen is ;) Also the sound of the actual game didn't come through well..damn... cause the sounds would really add to this vid... you can just hear me mumbling/laughing/cursing in the background.. and the clicks of my d-pad.
https://mega.co.nz/#!yglzmYQT!2H3MXOffG ... SIxwtyozjU
https://mega.co.nz/#!S5VCjCjK!lax-8daba ... o9Wu7ZaMfA

Cheers ;)

power79
Community User Level: 3

Re: TS on a 100" projector = AMAZING :)

Post by power79 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:28 pm

I downloaded the smaller video. Nice video but over 100mb/min is way too big file size imo. You should try to compress it smaller with some software.

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:03 pm

power79 wrote:I downloaded the smaller video. Nice video but over 100mb/min is way too big file size imo. You should try to compress it smaller with some software.
Indeed. Download speed is good though. It would be the best to compress the videos and upload them on YouTube. That can't be that hard. :wink:

aussieTSfan

Post by aussieTSfan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:30 am

.. yep ill get em on youtube asap ;)
Here is the main one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH29dIqMoBU

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 am

Whoa! Auvergne looks so good there, really feels like a street circuit :) This just upped my motivation to create more tracks, maybe in Christmas I will have time! Thanks for the video!

power79

Post by power79 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Youtube's first related video suggestion for this was "Calgary's Worst Driver". :lol: Oh, Youtube...you so mean.
This was nice video too. For TS marketing reasons you could have titled it better, though. :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Holly shit, that projection is huge! I couldn't realize how much as long as you didn't stand up. :) That projector is a really nice toy. :wink:
And, yeah, rename the video to something like "Turbo Sliders - on "projector name"".

Rendy Andrian
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Rendy Andrian » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:13 am

Gonna post this on the FB page now! :D
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER