It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:57 am

IziEditor

Maybe you're a programmer and you've made some cool tool for TS. Share it here with all the other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 4

Re: IziEditor

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 am

nice - beta5 works for me :)
first second impression was very positive :)

again not much time, 3-4 semibugs seen. i.e. the addstartplace/vector or so doesnt instantly appear when creating it (only, if switching to other mode and back). and the easy tile pick bar as feature to quickly build stuff...wasnt there. that would probably be a main thing which would kick a lazy a** like me to actually build more real tracks than just painting them on paper.
area selection seems to not work in a way where you could also select tiles overlapping left and/or upper edge.

2nd favourite feature i hope for is autogenerating stuff. like basic background landscape, maybe with some randomized forest, where you could just "stamp" on some track manually after (a background pattern layer, if you want so - easy exchangeable, in case you wanna switch fast from summer to winter track or whatever). or the more complicated stuff power79 and me worked on - generating whole track/road course.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 10:42 am

Mike Nike wrote:...easy exchangeable, in case you wanna switch fast from summer to winter track or whatever)...

I doubt that any track maker would ever make such mistake. You would be a big amateur by creating a track and then saying "hmm, maybe it would be better with winter base" :)
And "Fill Area" tool (Tiles mode) gives you already enough space for saving your time. You can easily avoid a lot of boring moments of track creation by using it. You probably haven't even tried it?

Whiplash

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 11:13 am

Anyway, I've noticed some bugs with "Fill Area" tool:
- If I fill the whole track (or selection) with it, and press undo after - editor will always crash.
- Whole track will not be 100% filled out with it when you combine certain tiles with a certain track sizes. For example, try to fill out the 960x600 with huge grass or sand - it will always leave some empty space on the right border. If I'm using custom sizes, sometimes almost 50% of the track will still be empty.

Mike Nike

PostMon Jun 08, 2015 4:59 am

Yup sry.. i didn't took the time to test all yet and the FillArea tool is kinda what i was looking for. Nice :)
Makes me wanna program in C++

Whiplash

PostSat Jun 27, 2015 6:44 am

It would be nice to have ability to open 2 tracks at the same time and then copy things from one and paste to another. That could save a lot of time very often.

EDIT:
I've noticed a buggy thing about the bridges. Let's say you wanna create a long bridge (longer than those that are fully prepared in editor). To do that, you need to combine few level 2 tiles (for the main part of the bridge) and two level 1 parts (for the bridge edges). But whenever I did that, those tiles on the edges were buggy; car would always somehow disappear under those parts (I worked with bridge edge tiles 1271 and 1277). The same problem doesn't appear in default editor.

Whiplash

PostTue Jun 30, 2015 12:01 pm

More buggy moments:
1. If you save a track with no any tile in it and then open it again, you'll not be able to put any tile on the track.
2. If you put few tiles in the track and keep deleting them by backspace, editor will quit (crash) after you delete the last (the first) tile. This will happen even if you delete that tile by delete key.

Suggestions:
1. Zoom To Fit should work with key F11, just like default editor. Same goes for saving track (F6).
2. It would be nice to be able to select more tiles by ctrl+left mouse click. That's sometimes more needed than area selection tool, especially when we're deleting tiles.
3. Area selection tool is named as "areaSelectionTool" instead of nicely "Area Selection Tool". :P

EDIT:
One more thing to add:
- It's really necessary to have option to define and save locations for tracks opening and saving. It's so annoying to repeat all the process over and over again. I click billion times searching for my track while I'm editing it.

Whiplash

PostSat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am

Whiplash wrote:It would be nice to be able to select more tiles by ctrl+left mouse click. That's sometimes more needed than area selection tool, especially when we're deleting tiles.

Ah, this already exists. I haven't seen it working before.

- When I go to F7 mode where already existing start positions are (created automatically by start line), editor crashes if I select positions either by Single or Area Selection Tool.

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Nov 05, 2015 6:48 am

I don't get it at all :(

So, you have this track and you fill it with grass. You can select certain stuff but you can't create a new one?

Rendy Andrian

PostThu Nov 05, 2015 7:33 am

Forgot to say this. Wanted to tell you the following but never had time...

- Editing StartDirection doesn't seem to save the track's StartDirection, even editing tracks with custom StartDirection parameter on iziEditor would delete the said parameter.
- My suggestion is that there are shortcut buttons for tools, for example W for Selection Tool (just like in Photoshop), M for moving the selected tile(s), etc.

Overall, it's a really great stuff, especially if it's finally perfected!

Whiplash

PostThu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 am

Oompa wrote:So, you have this track and you fill it with grass. You can select certain stuff but you can't create a new one?

Only god knows what you're speaking about. :)

Tijny

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 6:11 am

I (finally) made a new version that should be a lot more stable compared to the old version, fixing various bugs and crashes. I'm sorry that this took so very long because it really should not have.

Things that I remember I fixed:
  • Crashes when loading a track more than once
  • StartDirection not working well and not being saved
  • The area fill tool now fills the entire track with non-zero rotations
  • Probably more

Download here.

Whiplash

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 7:05 am

Oh, great news! You should add page for this tool at http://www.turbosliders.com/download/other.

Tijny

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 7:44 am

There was a critical bug causing Include directives not being saved for new tracks, so if anyone has downloaded the program earlier, you need to redownload the package. And Whip, I'll see if I can do that.

Whiplash

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 1:04 pm

- Whenever I press exit the program with an opened track, error pop-up arrives saying: "izieditor.exe has stopped working". I didn't notice that it makes any other problem, but it's probably not suppose to show that message.

- If you use Fill Area with grass tile (the first one that appears in editor), select whole track and 100% density - track will look in editor like it's fully filled up as it should be. But it still shows holes if you run it from the game. I used 4000x4000 for test.

- Can you make the editor to remember the location where I opened a track last time? It's so frustrating to search it every time all over again.

Whiplash

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 4:08 am

- Ice should be included in editor by default. It was very often that newcomers ask where it is, and it was always pretty hard to explain them how to use it.

Whiplash

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 2:26 pm

This is how I provoke a fatal bug:
- Create some track and save it.
- Open it and put one new tile on the track.
- Now select that tile and hit delete.
- Track will be fucked up.

One more suggestion:
Photo Shop has a tool named "Hand Tool". I'd like to have it in the editor too. It would be very useful while editing big tracks with big zoom.

Tijny

PostSun May 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Latest version can be downloaded here.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly is different from the previous release, but I know that I fixed many critical bugs and I hope it will run more stable now.

Whiplash

PostMon May 16, 2016 5:54 pm

I can't select main bridge parts on this track (tile 5274) - no matter what tool I use.
But, once you place a new 5274 tile on the track, you will finally be able to select the existing ones too. And now you'll not be able to select any other tile on the track except those ones. :)

EDIT:
- When you try to move start positions by ctrl+arrows and save the changes. Changes won't be saved.
- If you play around with Level 2 tiles and come back to Level 1 ones - these will now act as Level 2 ones too. And they will be saved on the bottom of .trk file as Level 2 ones.
- Track saving restarts the lightmap.

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 am

Oh, wow. Seriously! I just discovered this and haven't even downloaded, but I'm very eager to try this out :) Great job, Tinky! I'll try this out soon and perhaps this is the sort of "way back" into TS again.. it's not that I ever quit by decision, I just really haven't had time.

Gzehoo

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Not sure if anybody still works on that, but there is a problem with adding pit lane in IziEditor.

Don't have a screen from TS editor, but when I do pit lane in TS Track Editor and open it in IziEditor, it shows this --> CLICK (although I put it how it should be in TS editor)
Previous

Return to Tools