Rebuilding TurboSliders.com

Discussions related to the website

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Rebuilding TurboSliders.com

Post by dede » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

I often happen to dislike what I create after a certain time, so now I think that website layout and code is awful. Naturally everything seems to work fine, but I changed my mind about the way this website should be organized. Most of features aren't used like they should be, or they could be organized better. People find it easier posting a cup to the forum than to add it to the calendar, and things like that.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in cohoperating to rebuild the website (hehe I won't keep on working alone this time, I want to get a working website in few months!). ANY kind of help would be appreciated: PHP coding, webdesign, flash, video editing, etc!

These are the changes I'd like to do:
- template has nothing to do with the game, so a new ts-template would be better.. something "serious" but still about the game
- layout is bad, download links should be more visible
- competitions and organized cups should be available to the calendar in an easy way
- there should be faster way to convert cup time to local time (official turbosliders time + converto to my local time)
- cup results should be saved together with player statistics, so all data is saved to player profiles
- there should be a section dedicated to teams, so that people wouldn't need to create separate websites (all discussion directly to turbosliders.com!)

Please report what you don't like of the website, also :P

Mouse

Re: Rebuilding TurboSliders.com

Post by Mouse » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

dede wrote:ANY kind of help would be appreciated: PHP coding, webdesign, flash, video editing, etc!
I built my PC for that, so I could help in that area.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:47 pm

One point I wanted to mention earlier but I kept forgetting:

- Users should be trusted more.

With the current site I sometimes get the idea that every pageview has to be validated, while 99.9% will be accepted anyway without even being looked at. Turning this around, i.e. accepting everything by default and taking action if something is inappropriate, would save the admins some effort and would help the site become more "interactive".

Burn
Community User Level: 2

Post by Burn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Tijny wrote:One point I wanted to mention earlier but I kept forgetting:

- Users should be trusted more.

With the current site I sometimes get the idea that every pageview has to be validated, while 99.9% will be accepted anyway without even being looked at. Turning this around, i.e. accepting everything by default and taking action if something is inappropriate, would save the admins some effort and would help the site become more "interactive".
I agree, but do you mean opening parts of pages without securing you're computer. I don't understand. I think if you open too much stuff, hackers could jump in or something... but I bet this site is very firewalled, so that probably won't be a problem. Elaborate more?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Burn wrote:I agree, but do you mean opening parts of pages without securing you're computer. I don't understand. I think if you open too much stuff, hackers could jump in or something... but I bet this site is very firewalled, so that probably won't be a problem. Elaborate more?
???????????????????????????????????????

How can you agree if you don't even have the foggiest idea what I'm talking about? I'm just saying that right now every video, track, link etc. has to be accepted by an admin after uploading, which seems a bit pointless to me.

Burn

Post by Burn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:12 pm

I was just confused with what you wrote, I wanted to know exactly WHAT need to be accepted... Calm it down! :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Buahaha, it's so fun to read these topics now. How could I miss them all these years?
dede and T are speaking about to make some changes - WTF??? Are these bastards the same dedo and T I know?

And dede's line...

Code: Select all

there should be a section dedicated to teams, so that people wouldn't need to create separate websites (all discussion directly to turbosliders.com!
...is actually rewritten by me (with some advanced shits) 2 years later:
viewtopic.php?t=1971

dede, all you need is just to fallow your own list. :P

dede

Post by dede » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 pm

And go back to university :)
Working is sooooo much time consuming!