The new website/forum

Discussions related to the website

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

The new website/forum

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm

It's all nice so far. The small thing to consider for already implemented stuff is:
- Color for the number of players on the home page
Now they are either red (when server is full; for example 4/4, or grey (in all other situations).
That's why I think that grey color should stay only for inactive servers (like 0/4 or 0/20). In other situations the numbers should have bright green color (for example 3/20). It can stay red for full server (4/4 or 20/20)

- It's somehow hard to notice where the unread forum post is. Colors are not in contrast enough. I see there are options on top: View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics They should be bigger.

- Info "Most users ever online was 190 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 am" should be refreshed. That's the moment when we had the biggest bots attack, so it means nothing. :) Also, I would delete all he members who never wrote any post. That's pretty good way to delete all the existing registered bots.

- Some advanced emoticons could be added.

power79
Community User Level: 3

Re: The new website/forum

Post by power79 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Clicking links doesn't open link in new tab as it did previously. Could that be changed back as it was? I didn't find any setting for that in Control Panel. Or do I remember wrong? I am used to links opening in new tab...

dede

Post by dede » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 am

Just a quick note: the homepage is temporary until I recover the whole website.. Unless you want it to stay like that.

Badeend can take care of adjusting forum settings :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:04 am

dede wrote:Just a quick note: the homepage is temporary until I recover the whole website.. Unless you want it to stay like that.
What that exactly means? You're recovering the old site with the old layout? Or you're recovering it within the new layout?

dede

Post by dede » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 am

I will recover the old one! It requires the integration with the new forum, for this reason it isn't online yet.

If you want the new layout, instead, I will need someone to reimplement everything.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:49 pm

dede wrote:I will recover the old one! It requires the integration with the new forum, for this reason it isn't online yet.
If you want the new layout, instead, I will need someone to reimplement everything.
Is it too much to ask if you could reorganize at least only the home page of the old layout then? Just put the server list in first plan, like you did on the new one. Then you can delete SERVER LIST tab or use it for something else.

dede

Post by dede » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

The old website is back, but there might be several bugs here and there. Please report them if you discover any. Enjoy :)

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:28 am

Great job! 8)

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

dede wrote:The old website is back, but there might be several bugs here and there. Please report them if you discover any. Enjoy :)
seems everything is shut down or what? no chance to add news/tournaments etc.?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat May 10, 2014 1:08 pm

For some weird reason TS beta server doesn't update it's "Players" status on the home page. It always shows 0/0 even there are people playing. It's probably f*** up by T. :P
Anyway, I think that server list on the home page shouldn't show number of AI players, but only a human players.