TS centralised website (turbosliders.com) - Features Request

Discussions related to the website

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mikko
Community User Level: 2

Post by mikko » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:14 pm

Jarno wrote:Well there have to be many tracks because those who drive a lot in servers (like 3h/day) doesnt get bored. So this number is good. I think if we should banish somebody we should banish those who doesnt race so much...
Obviously, the three-server suggestion would not banish anyone from the number of tracks point of view since it would only deal with their distribution on the servers, not on their number.

When trying to find out ways to improve the game, the community in total should be taken into consideration. None should be banished on purpose. Not those who drive a lot, not those who drive less (they may have their reasons, at least I do). Perhaps the changes to the game could make some of those driving less to drive more in the future.

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Jarno wrote:Well there have to be many tracks because those who drive a lot in servers (like 3h/day) doesnt get bored. So this number is good. I think if we should banish somebody we should banish those who doesnt race so much...
It's possible to use 1 server only and create a vote-script like TheDude's one:

Fun Cup 1 -> 10 tracks (selected randomly from 100 tracks)
Fun Cup 2 -> 10 tracks (selected randomly from 100 tracks)
Racing Cup 1 -> 10 tracks (selected randomly from 100 tracks)
Racing Cup 2 -> 10 tracks (selected randomly from 100 tracks)

In this way you have 400 tracks and the possibility to vote a different cup each time.
Numbers used are only for a demonstration.

mikko

Post by mikko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:45 am

dede wrote:It's possible to use 1 server only and create a vote-script like TheDude's one:

In this way you have 400 tracks and the possibility to vote a different cup each time.
Such script, enabling several different cups under just one server, would be a nice solution. The list of cups could be extended to something like this:

Standard tracks
Fun tracks
Racing tracks
Top 10/50 etc. tracks based on votes given at turbosliders.com

Furthermore, if track classifications will be done, it could be possible to select tracks for the cup like this way:

Long/medium/short tracks
Slow/medium/fast tracks
Easy/medium/difficult tracks
Tracks suitable for driving with Easyslider/Slider/Speeder/Antislider/Spinner

Jarno
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jarno » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 am

dede wrote:
It's possible to use 1 server only and create a vote-script like TheDude's one:

I know this and it could work but here the biggest problem is that when you can choose between racing tracks, where best tracks are and between fun tracks where is some players firsts tracks and tracks which arent so good. It isnt fair for fun tracks :) Just like when you have to choose between fiat and ferrari which will you choose. Of course there is players who likes to drive hassle tracks and so on but i just telling, this could be a problem.
Spinnering on limits...

dede

Post by dede » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:26 am

Jarno wrote:I know this and it could work but here the biggest problem is that when you can choose between racing tracks, where best tracks are and between fun tracks where is some players firsts tracks and tracks which arent so good. It isnt fair for fun tracks :) Just like when you have to choose between fiat and ferrari which will you choose. Of course there is players who likes to drive hassle tracks and so on but i just telling, this could be a problem.
So:

- Fun tracks
- Racing tracks
- New tracks

dede

Post by dede » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:22 pm

To keep you update:

I'm still working on the New Ranking System. I already did a good part of the work, the hardest one (go through verified servers checking for files, read files, import players, verify cars, import/update laptimes..). At the moment it is working well, I solved all errors it was giving and some security problem. The only problem is: ranking should be updated once a day, in order not to create problems for the server (the script uses many MySQL queries -> with 20-30 tracks, updating should require several seconds, expecially with more servers to browse).

I'm planning to create an "Help" section linked directly to this system, with the possibility to translate the WHOLE script to your own language just translating 1 file.

dede

New Ranking System 30% (?)

Post by dede » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:04 pm

Here we are, with another update! This time I have provided to make some screenshot in order to let you see some pages I built.

In this first screenshot you can see the main page of the ranking system. It works like the current tsranking, but there are some news: as you can see, I added the "Points Ranking / All Tracks" -> it's not needed to drive all tracks and all cars to get a rank there. Another new feature is: it's possible to add cargroups (in the image "Slide-cars" has inside all default cars but antislider). For each ranking there is listed only the leader, to see the whole ranking you will have to click on the tracks' names on the left.

In this screenshot you can see the *ALL TRACKS* points ranking. It's possible to set points to assign for each position with each different car.

In this screenshot you can see the *ALL TRACKS* laptimes ranking. The show_track page works in the same way.

And now the project continues!

mikko

Post by mikko » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:44 pm

That's nice, dede. Keep up the excellent work!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:04 pm

Back with another update!

Work is becoming hard, but it still goes ok: video-upload section is ready and works well. Now it's time to add some graphics to the ranking pages and to start building the whole turbosliders.com! I am not a good web designer, so it would be nice having some photoshop/.../... templates done by you. So, if you have some, please post them or send them via e-mail to me.

Thanks

-wolf-
Community User Level: 4

Post by -wolf- » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:33 pm

yo folks maybe i can help? im a pretty okay web designer and im good at photoshop..

dede

Post by dede » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:12 pm

Tijny, borg and mouse (?) are working on it, I think. But you can create your own layout, and at the end we will decide :wink: .

Thank you

-wolf-

Post by -wolf- » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:36 pm

guys i wanna help! Man u r doing so many things around here and i want to help u too! please!

baranek14

Post by baranek14 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:53 am

sorry my english is poor

future

starting grid 4 in the line or defalut grid in the racing mode

-------
^^^^

dede

Post by dede » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:05 pm

Here a little preview of the homepage, though layout and contents aren't sure yet. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

-wolf-

Post by -wolf- » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:40 pm

WOOOW!!! MAN CAN I DO SOMETHING TO HELP????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

dede

Post by dede » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:48 am

Comment, suggest, program some parts.. You just have to choose.

-wolf-

Post by -wolf- » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:09 pm

if you were talking to me i didnt get it. I just wanna help cause i love web designing!

dede

Post by dede » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:25 pm

Slider wrote:if you were talking to me i didnt get it. I just wanna help cause i love web designing!
Most webdesigning work is done, so it's not required anymore. Thanks anyways.

Limp-pu
Community User Level: 1

Post by Limp-pu » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:10 pm

About the servers:
Players should be able to vote for ghost-cup as well as for car( mix-race or any fixed car). like in theDude-server. One and only thing that annoys me in ptx nowdays is that i never can have a clean slider-cup. I suppose this goes for other cars too. Then off course number of tracks driven in cup should be small enough, so that people shouldnt have to wait for next car-voting too long.

dede

Post by dede » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:22 pm

The problems are 2: having a server and having a script that works like that. :wink:

diesel 999

Post by diesel 999 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Nice job friends! Go go go !
Suggestion(s):
-LIVE CHAT room for registered users/members like it was at tscups.com? ,
-in DOWNLOADS section some records videos from Tijny,Daft,MN,Matti,LaTuska,Jarno etc.(if they agreed :) ),also highlights,funny,cool,high skill videos ...,
-HELP section=more info how to play,how to start a server,TIPS from trackmakers,how/where to import/export records :oops: :lol:
Thank you & good luck!

dede

Post by dede » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm

diesel 999 wrote:-LIVE CHAT room for registered users/members like it was at tscups.com?
I was thinking to implement an IRC client that will connect to #turbosliders channel on QuakeNet. I already have the script, but I never tried it.

-wolf-

Post by -wolf- » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm

diesel, nice suggestions! dede you better listen to him. I dont care about the records, dont really care about the love chat (but thats a nice idea :) ) but the HELP thing is really nice. You will not have to go to a lot of websites to find tutorials. Also you should post there moust popular tiles and also post more and more tracks and cars you find everyday. that would be nice kinda :lol:

dede

Post by dede » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Contents are up to you all.. I will do the whole website, but after that everything (or almost) will be up to the community: posting tracks, tiles, videos, cars, tools,...... :wink:

Hengari

Post by Hengari » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 pm

-wolf- wrote:the love chat (but thats a nice idea :) )
Love chat would be nice indeedz0r :D
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint