TS centralised website (turbosliders.com) - Features Request

Discussions related to the website

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:57 pm

mikko wrote:Don't know what dede's plans are but based on what he has achieved so far, I believe they are good too.
After the website will be up and the forum will be moved to turbosliders.com, we will need administrators and moderators for both the forum and the website. I believe that Mouse is perfect for both places, so if he wants, I will give him admin/mod rights for the website too. After that I will purpose / you will purpose 1/2/3 more *ACTIVE* admins/mods for the website and for the forum.

Z

Post by Z » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:39 am

All I can say to this topic is: Yes!

Been away for few months, and I just yesterday received an email about this project. Dede, thanks a lot for the effort you're putting into this. I truly hope that you will succeed with this and finally, in the first time of the 3 year history of TS, the game will have a community structure it deserves. It's great to see some action instead of just whining! *cough* However, although you have the techniques, support, motivation, it can still be a rocky road. Hopefully you will take a continuous stand with the project, meaning, it will never be "finished"!

I hope the new centre would effectively combine statistics-system to a communication system between players making it a true community for every registered player to join and every unregistered player to dream of.

There are endless possibilities with this. Oh, can't wait to see what you come up with. If you want some in detail opinions on the statistical side, you can always contact me at tsranking@yahoo.com. As there have already pointed out, the harsh quantitative data should be spiced up with qualitative analysis of performances and drivers. Hopefully your community structure also allows as much interactivity between its users, also in content production, as possible. And if JGG have any brain cells left, they will PROMOTE HEAVILY this community on the title screen of the game, after the demo server cup has finished, before the demo server cup has started, in the main menu, always & everywhere. You should imo never try to guide new players to your main site (jollygoodgames.com), because they will not buy Huntsville or Fish Tycoon. They could buy Turbo Sliders though, now that there's finally a reason to do so!

It's not my business at all, and I don't even know what kind of support are you getting from JGG, but if you succeed, I hope you would not be satisfied with "free web site space" or with "thanks", because if this TS.COMmunity does what it could do, you will generate thousands of euros of extra income in from on new registerations to JGG during the forthcoming years. Or at least a potential to gain these new registerations. You are doing the work of the game developers and making money for them. Do not hesitate to ask for some REAL compensation! ;)
Hengari wrote:I would like see those materials which Z had atleast to be archived somewhere. I tried archive.org but there was nothing about Z's site. There was a good piece of TS history and analysis.
Nice to see such appreciation. I have all the materials, I think, and the TSRR-methods and results of the Sep 2004 analysis. And of course, I have lot of irritating articles around somewhere. About TS History, I think we should do a brainstorming session with Mike, Puna, Tijny Hengari (on the 0.84-0.86 times, although additional exact information may be hard to find) and then with players like Janne, Jarno, DS, Matti, Chukie, VanhaPiunenAuto..etc etc (on the 1.0-> times). We should use my history article and Xzeal's history article as the basis for this session to compile a comprehensive look at the games history in the viewpoint of player community (and not like: 1.0.9.2 - feature, ...). This history article should then be updated on TS.com about 5 times a year. The brainstorming session should include log-file analysis (Mike, I know you have loads of them ;)) and for it should be allocated more than 10 hours.

Yes, I always talk too much, I know. Anway, looking forward to this community project, a lot.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:43 pm

ohhh yeahhhhhhh :!:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:54 am

Nice to hear again from you, Z :)
TS history - everyone has his own history...and for my part i can say: i have to (re)write a special tool, which is summarizing cups and statistics linear and summarizing months to make it possible/easier to remember all the nice special sessions and to be able to write some kind of detailed history.

It would be very nice to read some sort of history by every player or even replies of some general questions -> yes..yes...could be all listed in TS community member profiles, blogs or articles..

Dede seems to have the possibilities (PHP & MySQL) i hoped and requested for, but i know too, that the project is bigger than a normal user maybe thinks - dede seems to be (still) relative motivated, like me, xzeal and fasteddie were, when starting a community page. So: don't expect too much too quick, but keep on motivating - Z is motivating well :)

dede

Post by dede » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:48 am

Contents' section {tracks, cars, tools, tsr-videos, screenshots, videos..} is complete. <- it's not, i forgot something :)

- cups (1-2 weeks)
- cups' ranking (1-2 weeks)
- awards (1-2 weeks)
- buy (1 week)
- links (3-4 days) <- done
- help (1 week) <- done
- contact us (1-2 days)
- credits (1 day)
- homepage (1 day)

-wolf-
Community User Level: 4

Post by -wolf- » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:57 am

What is the awards section for?

wazaari
Community User Level: 3

Post by wazaari » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:59 am

-wolf- wrote:What is the awards section for?
guess 8)

dede

Post by dede » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:02 pm

-wolf- wrote:What is the awards section for?
To assign something like TS OSCARs :) It'll be fun!

-wolf-

Post by -wolf- » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:59 am

hehe yeah its a nice idea :D

dede

Post by dede » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Let's give some news here, though there aren't.

Project is stuck on cups' section, very hard to implement.. it requires a lot of work and a lot of hours, and work proceeds very slowly, but at least it proceeds :)
Tomorrow I'll have some hour for PHP-wanking, let's hope so :)

There won't be any surprise for Xmas, website won't be ready for sure. Let's hope that for January I can start with the admin/mod section ;)

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:04 pm

Dede you are doing a great job my friend.

I really appreciate it! And hope that all the active community does.

I hope that this centralized website can help unite and enlarge the TS community.

Well Done from TSM Club

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:58 pm

Dont know if this was mentioned before, but its good we have some sort of calendar that registered users can post their activity there. Something like we had in TS Central.

For example if i want to create a 1hr cup on a certain date/time, i leave the information on the calendar.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:00 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Dont know if this was mentioned before, but its good we have some sort of calendar that registered users can post their activity there. Something like we had in TS Central.

For example if i want to create a 1hr cup on a certain date/time, i leave the information on the calendar.
Yes Jef, I'm working on this section right now. I'll let you test it when ready, so you can suggest some improvement too.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:58 am

Sorry for post that same text here.

Hello,

I saw here in that forum that you will be throwing an dedicated site of Turbo Sliders.

What attracted attention was me that ranking! Is possible ranking with the cars that we Brazilians we use?

That ranking is deed with base in the records?

To the opponent than said, many Brazilians has big interest in have participation in that ranking that you are going to do.

There is the possibility of us also we will participate?

I believe that a big part of the Brazilians like to participate of that ranking!

I know that the majority of you do not use the cars that we use, but we'll like very of have participation with you in that ranking.

Please reply me, many brazilians are waiting for that positive reply ;)

dede

Post by dede » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:10 am

You mean ranking based on fastest laps? Yes, I think it's possible. We can set up a parallel ranking with brazilian cars/tracks. We could speak about this on TSB Forum (as soon as I get a new account activated: someone is removing my account :S).

SARS Senna

Post by SARS Senna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:30 am

dede wrote: We could speak about this on TSB Forum (as soon as I get a new account activated: someone is removing my account :S).
I'll talk with admin's about that to make the process quickly.

TSB've removing some accouts that aren't too much used... :wink:

And Ranking would be nice :D

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:08 am

dede wrote:You mean ranking based on fastest laps? Yes, I think it's possible. We can set up a parallel ranking with brazilian cars/tracks. We could speak about this on TSB Forum (as soon as I get a new account activated: someone is removing my account :S).
dede, you can make a new account on TSB Forum.

I'll active it for your!

You can post any information about ranking in "Bate-Papo" Sub-Forum!

;)

dede

Post by dede » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:11 am

Done, I'll post tomorrow (now it's 2:11 AM :D)

dede

Post by dede » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:37 am

Hermm.. tomorrow (same problem)!
So sorry :(

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Also would be nice to have an updated active member list, something like this:

Example:

Racing Nick - Club - Country - E-mail - MSN
Jeffrey-TSM TSM Malta etc etc

In this way.. we could know who are the active members

dede

Post by dede » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:53 am

Oh, I didn't post news in 2007! So, I'm still working to the Cups section: I found some problem with server/client hours.. pretty chaotic :D
On March I will start programming a lot again (more free time, no exams :)). Hopefully in the summer we can launch this shit...

dede

Post by dede » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:03 am

dede wrote:On March I will start programming a lot again (more free time, no exams :))
Eherm! Well, I had more time but I invested it in playing the game :D
Today I checked the project, and I remembered it different (we can say it's pretty complete). I've to check again problems with dates/hours, but I will do it later, I guess. Maybe it's time to start working on the admin/moderators area.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Whats the progress of the Centralized Website?

wazaari

Post by wazaari » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 pm

8)

dede

Post by dede » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:36 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Whats the progress of the Centralized Website?
As I said before, "only" the admin/mod area is missing.. the rest we can say it's pretty complete. Maybe I can finish it in the summer, let's hope so.